Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Iris' theme is so... odd. It sounds like something out of Megaman Battle Network (or Star Force, since it sounds astronomical at points). I kind of like it, though.

I enjoy the frantic feel of Hyu's battle theme. It also sounds a little Megaman-y... but then, a lot of these are sounding like that. I suppose that's because the idea is that the music is more futuristic, since it's furthest in the timeline.

Vs. Kanto Leaders is nice and nostalgic.
    Vs. Johto Leaders is even more nostalgic. I love the bells. It sounds almost hushed... yet intense.
    Vs. Hoenn Leaders... not sure if I'm too much of a fan. It at least has the instrumentation to remind you of Hoenn, but...
    Vs. Sinnoh Leaders is AWESOME. I love the staccato going on! It makes it so much more frantic and intense... Then again, this theme was one of the better vs. Gym Leader themes in the series.
    Vs. Unova Leaders (BW2) is a wonderful remix of the original. BW's version was possibly my favorite Gym Leader theme in the entire series, and this one maintains that awesomeness. I adore the opening. (DAH DAH DAH DAAAH DAH DUN, DAH DAH DAH DAAAH DAH DUN..)

Vs. Reformed N is nice to listen to. It's intense, a nice remix of the original theme.
    Vs. White Kyurem/Black Kyurem is nice and creepy. Makes you tense, which is good.
    Vs. Achroma is fitting with its psychedelic feel. It's definitely the weirdest theme I've heard so far.
    Vs. Ghetsis is SO MUCH BETTER HERE. OH GOD. The first one was slow and clumsy, but this one's chanting is actually haunting. This is a scary theme. I love it.
    Vs. Neo Team Plasma is just as intense as its original version. I like it.
    World Tournament Final is freaking great. It's so frenzied and encompasses the idea that he final battle is the culmination of a long journey. So great.

Vs. Blue is pretty great. His wasn't my favorite in the first place, so this one isn't anything special to me.
    Vs. Lance is so grand and awesome. Vs. Lance is one of my favorite Champion themes, and this version remixes it very well!
    Vs. Wallace/Steven is really great! Intense and high-energy, like a Champion theme does best.
    Vs. Cynthia... I'm lol-ing at how they just continue to raise the key of her theme with each remix. However, I have to say, I like this version more than her BW version, which was just plain boring.
    Vs. Iris. As I said above, very Megaman-y. It fits her, I suppose. I'll have to give it a few more listens.

I wonder if Alder's theme got remixed? The video I was listening to didn't have a remixed version (and it was plainly noticeable... the style has changed between BW and BW2, it's apparent). He should get a remix.
    Last edited by Grei; 23rd June 2012 at 6:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Iris' theme is so... odd. It sounds like something out of Megaman Battle Network (or Star Force, since it sounds astronomical at points). I kind of like it, though.
    I not going to quote the entirely of this post but since I am big fan of Megaman am I really enjoying these soundtracks. I liking all the remixes of the past them especially VS. Blue and Wallace/Steven. I like Iris's them too it fits her well and sits up for the final battle. Ghetsis is new theme is better than the old theme something I thought was impossible since I loved it so much. My favorite would have to be Achroma whose theme is befitting for one of my favorite villains of the franchise. Hyu's Theme is also good. Gives you the feeling that I haven't feel since Silver and Blue.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I not going to quote the entirely of this post but since I am big fan of Megaman am I really enjoying these soundtracks. I liking all the remixes of the past them especially VS. Blue and Wallace/Steven. I like Iris's them too it fits her well and sits up for the final battle. Ghetsis is new theme is better than the old theme something I thought was impossible since I loved it so much. My favorite would have to be Achroma whose theme is befitting for one of my favorite villains of the franchise. Hyu's Theme is also good. Gives you the feeling that I haven't feel since Silver and Blue.
    I like Megaman too, but its a little weird that Pokemon tracks are reminding me of it, IMO. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Here's a more complete version.

I like Megaman too, but its a little weird that Pokemon tracks are reminding me of it, IMO. :P
    True, maybe that why all the tracks feel "techno-y" but I don't mind since give off the impression that the games are sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I can't believe they managed to top BW's OST. But they did. Mainly because they experimented like crazy.

* Ghetsis' battle theme sounds like a party remix. It actually gets you (gasp) excited for the battle.
    His theme is basically his way of saying, "I'm getting my revenge on you!!".

* D O G A R S. Who expected Game Freak to do that?
    Who expected them to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTFLxeg6tg&feature=plcp ?

* N's new encounter theme. In BW it reminded me of a circus from Hell. I would actually visit the circus N's new song represents.
    It very much sounds like he's definitely more at peace with himself. And that's very good to know.

* The Credit song is basically their way of telling us that our (extended) journey through Unova is finally over. It almost makes me sad listening to it., knowing that we won't be seeing Unova again for quite a while.
    Agreed. "To Each Future" was pretty much your reward for kicking TP's butt the first time, but letting you know that things aren't quite done yet. This one... is basically saying that all is well now, and you can now take it a bit easier.

I really hope Game Freak does this more often with their next generation titles; have the first set of games be the first entry, and then have the second set bet the sequels. IMO, not only does it work better for tying off loose ends at parts; it actually makes it better for us to have a continuing game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhqxUfkJC_0&feature=plcp This really caught me by surprise by it's very fitting.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    His theme is basically his way of saying, "I'm getting my revenge on you!!".

Who expected them to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTFLxeg6tg&feature=plcp ?

It very much sounds like he's definitely more at peace with himself. And that's very good to know.

Agreed. "To Each Future" was pretty much your reward for kicking TP's butt the first time, but letting you know that things aren't quite done yet. This one... is basically saying that all is well now, and you can now take it a bit easier.

I really hope Game Freak does this more often with their next generation titles; have the first set of games be the first entry, and then have the second set bet the sequels. IMO, not only does it work better for tying off loose ends at parts; it actually makes it better for us to have a continuing game.

Yeah, I was totally caught off guard. I guess they really are trying to go above and beyond with these games. I liking that that are exceeding my expectations and then some. Hoping this trend continues in the future.

Well I'm staying awaying from the discovery thread as not to spoil much but the music rocks. Anyone know where I can find Seigeiha city's theme?
    Last edited by Chimchar15; 23rd June 2012 at 7:42 AM.

Listening to the individual Gym themes as I type.

Where is Cheren's?
    Roxie's Gym: Wow, this is annoying. I hate this girl's voice. And the 8-bit sound is so shrill...
    Burgh's Gym: This is cool. It's a little eerie, but a little chill at the same time. It almost sounds like it's being played in reverse... this is neat.
    Elesa's Gym: YES I AM READY OH YEAH um this one's neat
    Clay's Gym: Beginning starts off sounding urban, and then it sounds like a jungle adventure... weird theme. Then again, Driftveil's themes have always sat oddly with me, so.
    Skyla's Gym: Ooh. So airy and soar-y. This totally fits her!
    Drayden's Gym: So grandiose. So manly. Drayden is the epitome of manly grandiosity. I like-a-da-theme.
    Shizui's Gym: Is that... is that jazz?! That's so great! He's the last Gym Leader, yet his Gym theme is so calming and laid back, bro~

Survey says... these Gym themes are great. Except for Roxie's.

Now that I've discovered the rest of the tracks, I think I know how I'm keeping myself busy for a while...

EDIT: I just listened to the ending theme. My god, it's so beautiful. I like that BW's was intense, but this one is so... climactic. It definitely has a sense of finality that BW's didn't. It's a farewell theme.
    Last edited by Grei; 23rd June 2012 at 7:39 AM.

Listening to the individual Gym themes as I type.

Where is Cheren's? [...]
    Cheren's Gym is outside, it so shares the theme of Aspertia City.
    Gimme what I neeeeeeeeed!

Spoiler:- Teams & Stuff:

Are you telling me that every Gym gets its own soundtrack? That's sweet.

I love the Unova Champion theme and the one from the battle against Black/White Kyurem! It takes me back to old school games.
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

Elesa's Gym theme is amazing. I never thought I would hear a fusion of Pokémon game music and old-school house. It got all the common main ingredients of house, a pumping beat and diva-style vocals and it has even got some orchestral hits in it as an extra. Awesome! Elesa's gym will make you feel like a champ long before you beat the champion!
    *Mega Fairies*

Is there actually a difference to the mess of a theme B/W Kyurem has?
    (I hear the original Tao Dragon theme in it, and I do like Kyurem's new theme a lot, but it sounds like if you just slammed a trombone into the original repeatedly)
    ...say.

Cheren's Gym is outside, it so shares the theme of Aspertia City.
    No, it's behind the school, but you have to enter through it, so it's not technically on the same map, and it uses the old theme from BW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Emerald View Post
    No, it's behind the school, but you have to enter through it, so it's not technically on the same map, and it uses the old theme from BW1.
    Oh my bad, I thought it used the theme of the city because it seems outside.
    Gimme what I neeeeeeeeed!

Spoiler:- Teams & Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Kingudora View Post
    Elesa's Gym theme is amazing. I never thought I would hear a fusion of Pokémon game music and old-school house. It got all the common main ingredients of house, a pumping beat and diva-style vocals and it has even got some orchestral hits in it as an extra. Awesome! Elesa's gym will make you feel like a champ long before you beat the champion!
    Ehh... I get Tails's theme from SA1 because of how it makes you tempted to finishing the game.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I wonder why Elesa's Gym theme has Dancer in the Street from TWEWY in it?

The music remixes are outstanding as well as Ghetsis's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I wonder why Elesa's Gym theme has Dancer in the Street from TWEWY in it?
    I notice that too.Must be the groovy sound

I also like how we go from the epicness of Drayden's theme, to... this.

Think of it as the calm before returning to the game's climax

I still think Shizui being 8th seems out of place.

But Shizui acts like a friend, and his Town is hot and beach-y. It's a total different ambient. Shizui comes from the seawater and talks to you, then goes to the gym!

Quote Originally Posted by drawk[e] View Post
    Oh my bad, I thought it used the theme of the city because it seems outside.
    It does use the city theme. But only until Cheren notices that you want to challenge his gym. Then it plays the old Unova gym theme.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Think of it as the calm before returning to the game's climax
    At least they're sticking with the whole, "take down main villains after badge quest" type deal. Sort of keeps things in perspective again like in BW1. It's before the E4, but then again, TP isn't nearly as imposing as they were in BW1, so I don't mind.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast