Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

I actually like Roxie's theme, but then again I didn't hear the Jp version until after I beat her in the english version. So I like both.

I enjoy the battle music in this game, I find myself tapping the touch screen along with it
    Pokemon Black 2 In-game Team:

/

By far my 2 favorites are Colress's battle music (is awesome) and the music at Village Bridge (is beautiful) <3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

The music on Village Bridge creeps me out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by nekomi View Post
    Why's that?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by nekomi View Post
    It doesn't creeps me out, but I don't appreciate it like other people here do. In fact, I think it is one my least favorite themes in the game.

I like Village Bridge without the singing. The singing it sounds like Gregorian chanting or something and is just plain terrible unless you're Japanese. Why didn't they make an English version?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I like Village Bridge without the singing.
    Yes, this pretty much. The last singing in a song, the better to me.

I like Village Bridge without the singing. The singing it sounds like Gregorian chanting or something and is just plain terrible unless you're Japanese. Why didn't they make an English version?
    That type of music is called "Enka".
    I actually like it. Or maybe because I am used to the Japanese culture.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Well whatever it is it rapes my ears. I'm glad I don't have to listen to it every time I come through the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Enka, really? It is a bit different from the Enka I am used to listen.

Village Bridge is one of my favourite tracks in the series. It's something soothing to listen during the stressful job of hunting for a Lapras.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

You don't have to be from the area to appreciate or like the music from that area. Not everything needs to be localized.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Village Bridge is one of my favourite tracks in the series. It's something soothing to listen during the stressful job of hunting for a Lapras.
    I got Lapras from my 1 ripple
    I love the music there too, it's beautiful and one of the best tracks in any of the games.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Well whatever it is it rapes my ears. I'm glad I don't have to listen to it every time I come through the area.
    I like enka almost as much as Wulava does, but I do appreciate that the vocals are able to be turned on and off. Hearing the vocals every time I pass through Village Bridge would be pretty annoying, if I do say so myself.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I like enka almost as much as Wulava does, but I do appreciate that the vocals are able to be turned on and off. Hearing the vocals every time I pass through Village Bridge would be pretty annoying, if I do say so myself.
    I can't help but think that people would like Roxie's gym a lot better if they kept the DOGARS track but you could turn it on and off just like in the Village Bridge.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I can't help but think that people would like Roxie's gym a lot better if they kept the DOGARS track but you could turn it on and off just like in the Village Bridge.
    It's really not the "DOGARS" itself that I care about. As I said, it's the tone in which the VA says the letters.

But hey, I'd rather listen to a more enthusiastic "DOGARS" than a less enthusiastic, mundane "POKÉMON" anyday. And of course, the ability to toggle vocals. (:

It's really not the "DOGARS" itself that I care about. As I said, it's the tone in which the VA says the letters.

But hey, I'd rather listen to a more enthusiastic "DOGARS" than a less enthusiastic, mundane "POKÉMON" anyday. And of course, the ability to toggle vocals. (:
    Yeah, it is the tone as well but DOGARS just seems to fit more naturally around the song than POKEMON. With the former it sounds like the song was written to fit the words, but with the latter it sounds like the words were written to fit the song, which it doesn't even do very well.

Or of course it could just be the fact that I got used to DOGARS way before I heard the English one - which I think is one of the main reasons I don't like the dubbed version of the Animated Trailer.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Yeah, it is the tone as well but DOGARS just seems to fit more naturally around the song than POKEMON. With the former it sounds like the song was written to fit the words, but with the latter it sounds like the words were written to fit the song, which it doesn't even do very well.

Or of course it could just be the fact that I got used to DOGARS way before I heard the English one - which I think is one of the main reasons I don't like the dubbed version of the Animated Trailer.
    Yeah, that's true. The beat of the song definitely fits "DOGARS" better than "POKÉMON".

Of course, you having been used to the Japanese song for awhile may make you biased even more than you already are, but that doesn't change the beat suiting one better than the other. (:

Yeah, that's true. The beat of the song definitely fits "DOGARS" better than "POKÉMON".

Of course, you having been used to the Japanese song for awhile may make you biased even more than you already are, but that doesn't change the beat suiting one better than the other. (:
    Yes, a bias is definitely present but sometimes a bias doesn't necessarily work - I didn't know that there was a different version of Opelucid City's music when playing through Black but when I heard it a while later, I immediately took a liking to it, despite being used to Black's version.

Although I guess the bias here is that Opelucid's music sounds very, very different between versions.

In fact, sometimes I struggle to see the musical similarities....
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Yes, a bias is definitely present but sometimes a bias doesn't necessarily work - I didn't know that there was a different version of Opelucid City's music when playing through Black but when I heard it a while later, I immediately took a liking to it, despite being used to Black's version.

Although I guess the bias here is that Opelucid's music sounds very, very different between versions.

In fact, sometimes I struggle to see the musical similarities....
    Yeah, the situation between the Japanese and English Virbank Gym themes is much different than the situation between Black and White Opelucid City themes. The bias thing doesn't really work.

Although bias would ensure that even if you liked White's Opelucid City theme, you wouldn't stop liking Black's Opelucid City theme.

Yeah, the situation between the Japanese and English Virbank Gym themes is much different than the situation between Black and White Opelucid City themes. The bias thing doesn't really work.

Although bias would ensure that even if you liked White's Opelucid City theme, you wouldn't stop liking Black's Opelucid City theme.
    Well, to tell the truth, I never liked Black's Opelucid City theme anyway. It's... a pretty terrible track in my opinion. It's just noise to me whenever I hear it. Probably the worst city/town theme in the entire series for me. That's probably why I liked White's one so much when I heard it.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Well, to tell the truth, I never liked Black's Opelucid City theme anyway. It's... a pretty terrible track in my opinion. It's just noise to me whenever I hear it. Probably the worst city/town theme in the entire series for me. That's probably why I liked White's one so much when I heard it.
    I do like White's rendition of the Opelucid City theme much, much more, but I wouldn't discount Black's rendition. At least Black's rendition of the theme is much better than the English Virbank Gym theme... >_>

I do like White's rendition of the Opelucid City theme much, much more, but I wouldn't discount Black's rendition. At least Black's rendition of the theme is much better than the English Virbank Gym theme... >_>
    Haha, yes, I definitely agree with you on that one.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

It seems Virbank Gym has become the benchmark for bad.

An amusing track that doesn't receive much attention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad7WWDylpl8

It is lovely.

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast