Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1638

Thread: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    An amusing track that doesn't receive much attention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad7WWDylpl8

It is lovely.
    I prefer the festive groove of the BW1 version over BW2's definitely. But I like both versions. Both get a 5.5/10 on my Poké Tune rating ^^

How about the tune from the Pokémon Musicals? I like waltzes and this one reminds me of a merry-go-round

Only a 5.5/10? I give it a least an eight, not more than this because it doesn't play much in the game.

Only a 5.5/10? I give it a least an eight, not more than this because it doesn't play much in the game.
    I gave it that rating because of the fact it didn't really have an impact on me. It wasn't a defining tune for me in BW ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I prefer the festive groove of the BW1 version over BW2's definitely. But I like both versions. Both get a 5.5/10 on my Poké Tune rating ^^
    You do realise that both songs are in the first B/W, and the one you linked to is the theme for Aurea Juniper, while the one Nyarlathotep linked to is for her father, Cedric, right?
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    You do realise that both songs are in the first B/W, and the one you linked to is the theme for Aurea Juniper, while the one Nyarlathotep linked to is for her father, Cedric, right?
    That totally slipped my mind...

One was on the top of my head while the other wasn't so I just assumed they were from different games. My mistake :/

My rating still stands though

Regarding Aurea Juniper's theme, I don't think it is that great... A shame, because she is way more interesting than her father as a character.

Regarding Aurea Juniper's theme, I don't think it is that great... A shame, because she is way more interesting than her father as a character.
    I will agree with you on that. Not to mention she had a much bigger role

I will agree with you on that. Not to mention she had a much bigger role
    Yep! She is the main professor of BW/B2W2, after all... Although Bianca had a bigger role than her in the sequels.

Anyway, it is funny how Alder's battle theme fits within the mood of the battle against Benga perfectly.

Anyway, it is funny how Alder's battle theme fits within the mood of the battle against Benga perfectly.
    I still think Benga should have got his own theme

He should. I don't really like the idea of him sharing Alder's theme.

I wouldn't mind. The more unique battle themes, the merrier. Zenzolin should have have got his own theme too.
    A 'battle-like' version of this track, perhaps?

I wouldn't mind. The more unique battle themes, the merrier. Zenzolin should have have got his own theme too.
    I agree with Zenzolin getting his own theme as well. You battled him a good number of times. So, it was worth him getting one.

An amusing track that doesn't receive much attention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad7WWDylpl8

It is lovely.
    I think it's really boring, but I guess it suits his character.

Anyway, I thought I would like the Lentimas Town theme music when someone described it to me a few months ago, but now that I've actually heard it, I'm not really impressed. It's certainly different from what we've heard in Pokemon games before, but I don't think it's that appealing. Maybe it's because I grew up listening to similar music. But I've got to give Junichi Masuda props for delving into different styles of music.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    But I've got to give Junichi Masuda props for delving into different styles of music.
    Uh... Who composed the track was most likely Gō Ichinose or even Hitomi Satō. Jun'ichi Masuda basically only composes the battle themes (and not all of them) since RSE. That is because he became the director of Pokémon at the time, so he probably does not have enough time and patience to compose 90% of the tracks like he did in RBY/GSC.

It could be an exception, though, but I highly doubt it - the song doesn't fit with his alternativa/techno style of composing.

Masuda actually did almost nothing for Black 2 and White 2, it was mostly all Ichinose and Sato.

Lentimas Town is composed and arranged by Sato.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Masuda actually did almost nothing for Black 2 and White 2, it was mostly all Ichinose and Sato.
    Masuda composed a lot of tracks for BW and those tracks are in B2W2, so yeah, he composed for the sequels, in a sense. :P Anyway, I am impressed with Ichinose's skills. He composed Hugh's battle theme, which sounds awesome. He wasn't that good at composing in the previous installments. He and Sato did a nice job with Colress' battle theme too. I must say they are composing as good as Jun'ichi Masuda does.

A 'battle-like' version of this track, perhaps?

If you want Zinzolin to have a battle theme, why not have it be a remix of his actual theme?
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

If you want Zinzolin to have a battle theme, why not have it be a remix of his actual theme?
    I forgot he had one... The track isn't in the pack I dow... I mean, I bought. :P

I'm personally not a fan of having a battle theme just being a remix of a person's actual theme. It seems a bit lazy, but that may just be me. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm personally not a fan of having a battle theme just being a remix of a person's actual theme. It seems a bit lazy, but that may just be me. :/
    I'm in the same boat as you. I don't remember what theme he has, but when you say lazy, I get the feeling it's slow and a battle theme that is slow, isn't my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 6th November 2012 at 12:05 AM.

Following the logic of the user above, Hugh's battle theme is lazy, since it isvery similar to his encounter theme. Dafuq...

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I don't remember what theme he has, but when you say lazy, I can the feeling it's slow and a battle theme that is slow, isn't my cup of tea.
    I'm not saying that the laziness comes from its slowness. A track can be slow and be very, very eloquently done ("Unwavering Emotions", anyone?); I'm saying that the battle theme being based off of the same tune as the regular theme is sort of lazy. They could always come up with another theme and base the battle theme off of that theme, which would be much less "lazy", in my opinion. (:

I'm not saying that the laziness comes from its slowness. A track can be slow and be very, very eloquently done ("Unwavering Emotions", anyone?); I'm saying that the battle theme being based off of the same tune as the regular theme is sort of lazy. They could always come up with another theme and base the battle theme off of that theme, which would be much less "lazy", in my opinion. (:
    Oh now I see. Sorry for the mix up about the slowness and stuff. But, I see what you mean now, they could have made a theme for him just as creating a encounter theme.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Oh now I see. Sorry for the mix up about the slowness and stuff. But, I see what you mean now, they could have made a theme for him just as creating a encounter theme.
    Mhm. But then again, I never really felt like battling Zinzolin was much of an "achievement". In other words, I don't feel like he had to have his own personal battle theme, so to speak.

Mhm. But then again, I never really felt like battling Zinzolin was much of an "achievement". In other words, I don't feel like he had to have his own personal battle theme, so to speak.
    I just thought of him as a Mini Boss. So sticking with the Plasma Grunt battle theme or sharing a theme would have been a good option?

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast