Page 12 of 168 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing Series

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Well I meant just in case you weren't getting that either, heh. You're getting the XL too?
    Nope. Sticking with the Aqua Blue 3DS I've had since April 2011. Even though the XL definitely does look like the definitive 3DS, I wont be getting the New Leaf 3DS, or any other 3DS unless my current one breaks (which shouldn't happen). Too much money for me to buy a brand new 3DS, when I don't even need one.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

A question to anybody that knows.

In Animal Crossing: CF/LGttC an you summon Katie and Katlin by using DS Suitcase and bypassing the WiiConnect24?

Can the same be done for Blanca?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Goddamn.

People are so creative. Sooo many qr codes to use when I get that feature. The Pokemon ones I see are really good.

Goddamn.

People are so creative. Sooo many qr codes to use when I get that feature. The Pokemon ones I see are really good.
    Just you wait. I'll be churning out a bunch of QR codes for clothing patterns on my dA.

Been watching gameplay vids of New Leaf nonstop the past week. So pumped! Are you guys gonna reset your town maps looking for any features in particular?

Personally, I saw one town that had a small, separated beach, cut off by a river with no ramp reaching it, meaning that having a wetsuit and swimming there is the only way to access it. I wanna find a town with that, then build my house overlooking it and make myself a small, tropical orchard on the little beach. It'll be my own, private spot :3.

Hoping to get some of my favorite villagers, too, but I won't reset for them. Dora, Ribbot, Alfonso, Mitzi, and Octavian stand out as villagers I hope for, and I'd also love to get one of the new species like a hamster or a deer.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Just you wait. I'll be churning out a bunch of QR codes for clothing patterns on my dA.
    FUUUUUUUU- I CAN'T HOLD ALL THESE QR CODES.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Been watching gameplay vids of New Leaf nonstop the past week. So pumped! Are you guys gonna reset your town maps looking for any features in particular?

Personally, I saw one town that had a small, separated beach, cut off by a river with no ramp reaching it, meaning that having a wetsuit and swimming there is the only way to access it. I wanna find a town with that, then build my house overlooking it and make myself a small, tropical orchard on the little beach. It'll be my own, private spot :3.

Hoping to get some of my favorite villagers, too, but I won't reset for them. Dora, Ribbot, Alfonso, Mitzi, and Octavian stand out as villagers I hope for, and I'd also love to get one of the new species like a hamster or a deer.
    I've been considering resetting to get my favorite villager, Agent S, but I dunno. The wait has been so long for this that I'll probably be too impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the series... If anyone wants my friend code for city folk, just PM me. :-)
    I lost my copy ages ago, otherwise I would D: (besides, I didn't take my Wii with me when I moved out, haven't needed it) I'll be looking to exchange my code for NL when I get it, though.

*will be downloading some of those*

I doubt I'll bother resetting for features, but I'll admit that island idea sounds nice <3 I'd probably build a bridge, though. Especially since I'd need to find a wetsuit.

Well, since this is my first post here, might as well provide a little background...? Been playing this series since it came out. It was helpful to me as a middle-school kid who didn't really socialize. It always provided an escape from the stresses of the world. New Leaf actually couldn't have come out at a better time...lost several family members over this past semester (grandmother, mother, and a cat), and I could *really* use that escape right about now >.>

Hopefully I'm not talking too much...this is what happens when you're on a reversed sleep schedule...*shuts up*

EDIT: I also want to note that I'll likely Live-Tweet at least the first few days of my playing. I'll probably keep doing it, but not every waking second, after a while.
    Last edited by MooseSmuggler; 21st May 2013 at 3:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblr User Godiscobalt
    “A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.”
    My writing blog

Spoiler:- Contact Info:

I've been watching the Inside the Treehouse series and today's episode caught my attention. They were talking about the holidays and how in New Leaf, on April Fool's day, Blanca would masquerade as one of the villagers, and you'd have to figure out who is the real villager. Other holiday events also seem to be more interactive from what I saw.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

9/35 dollars needed, thank god my family has a pop addiction and I can return then for 10 cents each in my state.

on the topic of holidays, do you think we will get any foreign holidays?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    9/35 dollars needed, thank god my family has a pop addiction and I can return then for 10 cents each in my state.

We haven't in the past, so I doubt we will. I hope we do, though. It'd be nice to see Nintendo of America start embracing their Japanese heritage a bit.

Speaking of things that didn't translate over internationally, I just learned that, in the Japanese games, Gracie is a man.

A very fabulous man.
    My Shinies:

Saharah is also a man (which makes sense considering the open vest)
    Blanca is as well, but the confusion in the international releases is likely intentional. ...Blank face and all

Wasn't Katrina also as well? I think I remember her having the typical male voice.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Wasn't Katrina also as well? I think I remember her having the typical male voice.
    No she's still a she regardless of region
    She probably gets the male beeps and bips to imitate the deep voice fortune telling shtick (or old people)

We haven't in the past, so I doubt we will. I hope we do, though. It'd be nice to see Nintendo of America start embracing their Japanese heritage a bit.

Speaking of things that didn't translate over internationally, I just learned that, in the Japanese games, Gracie is a man.

A very fabulous man.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Saharah is also a man (which makes sense considering the open vest)
    Blanca is as well, but the confusion in the international releases is likely intentional. ...Blank face and all
    Wait- WHAT WHAT WHAT.

My mind...is blown...

Whoa! They're all... Males?!? Animal Crossing be gender bendin'!
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

Gracie is a incredibly flamboyant male and, especially with the original AC, it was probably thought it'd be a bit....much?

The other two I have no idea why. Blanca, to his credit, is usually referred to in gender neutral ("Mysterious cat" is most common) terms and as of CF's localization there's dialog from villagers saying they don't know his gender at all. So I'll guess that's to add mystique?

I guess Saharah was done for flavor (a camel with prominent eyelashes, I guess? Penchant for tapestries? To further contrast with Wendell?) and it just stuck?

Did you catch the user's name? My first town had a Mitzi in it.

I think Mitzi has actually been my most common villager. I've had her at least once in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    According to the Iwata Asks interview on the game, different versions of the game have different holidays and special items pertaining to any special customs the country might have on holidays. Apparently in Spain there's a tradition of eating a dozen grapes on New Year's, so in Spanish versions of the game, you get grapes as an item, etc. I wonder if in the UK version you get drunk off your face on a dozen pints of beer and a chair to break the windows of Tom Nook's store, stealing the sweet furniture goodness within and mugging a couple of elderly people while you're at it.

I'm pretty surprised that Gracie is a man. Suppose it was the name itself that tipped it over against his favour.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I think Mitzi has actually been my most common villager. I've had her at least once in every game.
    I've only had Mitzi once, but she was in my very first town ever, as a starting villager. I have lots of fond memories of her, as well as all of my old Gamecube villagers. I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually programmed to be more common.

The game has way too many cats, imo. There are seriously twice as many cats as there are dogs, plus felines have both tigers and lions while canines only get the additional subset of wolves. I guess I can't complain, though, since K.K. and Isabelle are pretty much the best done animals ever.
    My Shinies:

If anyone has and still plays Wild World, I just got a copy to keep myself busy while I wait for New Leaf, and wouldn't mind playing with other people. So long as you haven't taught any of your villagers any racist/homophobic/otherwise offensive catch-phrases. I prefer to keep my village clean of offensive terms, and I wouldn't want to risk someone who's been taught any slurs moving into my village and teaching said slurs to everyone in my town >.>

My writing blog

The game has way too many cats, imo. There are seriously twice as many cats as there are dogs, plus felines have both tigers and lions while canines only get the additional subset of wolves.
    You reminded me of this: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqmfffZnpp1qc72tz.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSmuggler View Post
    If anyone has and still plays Wild World, I just got a copy to keep myself busy while I wait for New Leaf, and wouldn't mind playing with other people. So long as you haven't taught any of your villagers any racist/homophobic/otherwise offensive catch-phrases. I prefer to keep my village clean of offensive terms, and I wouldn't want to risk someone who's been taught any slurs moving into my village and teaching said slurs to everyone in my town >.>
    I've never actually played online on Wild World. (no friends sort of kills the gimmick)
    Offensive language does not belong in Animal Crossing, so I agree with you there.

I've never actually played online on Wild World. (no friends sort of kills the gimmick)
    Offensive language does not belong in Animal Crossing, so I agree with you there.
    Well, if you still have your copy, I can send you my friend code once I get back home and get my 3DS charged up. I was an idiot and left it at home, and the DS is low on battery now...my partner and I are at their parents' house cat-sitting. But I digress, as soon as I get the damn thing on the charger, I'll get my FC and put it in my sig.

And yeah, offensive language doesn't belong in any game, if you ask me, but especially a game geared towards all ages. Saying generic curse-words like f*ck on an M-rated game like WoW is one thing, but using slurs that target individual groups is unacceptable imo, because it not only offends people, it alienates people from the group. /rant
    Last edited by MooseSmuggler; 26th May 2013 at 1:47 PM.

My writing blog

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSmuggler View Post
    Well, if you still have your copy, I can send you my friend code once I get back home and get my 3DS charged up. I was an idiot and left it at home, and the DS is low on battery now...my partner and I are at their parents' house cat-sitting. But I digress, as soon as I get the damn thing on the charger, I'll get my FC and put it in my sig.

And yeah, offensive language doesn't belong in any game, if you ask me, but especially a game geared towards all ages. Saying generic curse-words like f*ck on an M-rated game like WoW is one thing, but using slurs that target individual groups are unacceptable imo, because it not only offends people, it alienates people from the group. /rant
    You wouldn't want to be in my town right now. All the shops are closed. XD
    I should clean it up a little first... Dem weeds.

Wait, WoW is an M-rated game? Didn't know that.

It might be Teen. I've never played it, so I wouldn't know. I mean, generic curses in T games is a little iffier but in my opinion acceptable in a reasonable quantity.

And my shops are closed too xD Nook's upgrading his store, so he's out of commission for the whole day. The one downside to doing enough business with him to get him to upgrade on day 1. At least he'll be back up on Monday *shrugs*

My writing blog

Page 12 of 168 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast