Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing Series

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSmuggler View Post
    And my shops are closed too xD Nook's upgrading his store, so he's out of commission for the whole day. The one downside to doing enough business with him to get him to upgrade on day 1. At least he'll be back up on Monday *shrugs*
    I always hated the store upgrades. You were stuck doing nothing the whole day. The biggest setback, I think, for the original AC and WW, is that you need a visitor to buy something from Tom to upgrade to the final store. I bypassed that rule by letting a local friend spawn in a Nookington's by the town gate. Aside from the Shampoodle inside, the store actually runs during the hours of, and contains the exact same wares as the official town store. Kinda trippy.

Message me later and I'll drop by your town, buy something, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Did you catch the user's name? My first town had a Mitzi in it.
    Hehe, you're very observant. That's exactly who I based my username off of. Mitzi was the first villager to ever give me their picture. She's my favorite. <3
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

I always hated the store upgrades. You were stuck doing nothing the whole day. The biggest setback, I think, for the original AC and WW, is that you need a visitor to buy something from Tom to upgrade to the final store. I bypassed that rule by letting a local friend spawn in a Nookington's by the town gate. Aside from the Shampoodle inside, the store actually runs during the hours of, and contains the exact same wares as the official town store. Kinda trippy.

Message me later and I'll drop by your town, buy something, etc.
    I'd forgotten that. Yeah, it's a crock. I cheated to do it in the original AC. Ah, the wonders of having multiple memory cards.

Anyway, home and charging, about to get my FC. I'll put it in my sig when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblr User Godiscobalt
    “A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.”
    My writing blog

Spoiler:- Contact Info:

I think Mitzi might've been my first picture too....or maybe it was Moe...either way I love the cats. Even though I'm not too fond of them in real life they've always been the most entertaining for me in Animal Crossing. I guess that's why there are so many of them.

One cool thing about New Leaf is that you actually don't get the best sell prices from the general store, but a new Resale store run by two alpacas, so when Timmy and Tommy close shop to upgrade (note: Nook doesn't run the store anymore), the only thing you miss out on is buying new furniture that day.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I have never actually played an animal crossing game, but my friend is forcing me to get new leaf, in exchange, he has to get either X or Y when they come out XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I'm looking for friends to play the game with, actually. It will make things like item collecting, turnips, and fruit trading easy.

I'm looking for friends to play the game with, actually. It will make things like item collecting, turnips, and fruit trading easy.
    I'll definitely post my code here when I get the game.
    My Shinies:

I'm totally up for swapping friend codes with anyone who ends up getting New Leaf. I'm hoping to have it at release date... I'm currently trying to find the money from ANYWHERE I can!

But yeah, I already have a 3DS (well technically I have 2, but I don't know who would need both my friend codes) so if anyone wants my code just PM me. Simple as that!

I'm really excited for New Leaf, I've only spoilt about 90% of the game for myself so everything will be fresh and new! ^~^

So ya know how "Delicious Fruit" has been translated in English to "Perfect Fruit?"

... I may just reset until my town fruit is Apples, so that I can make an entire forest of Perfect Apples, and put a Wigglytuff cut-out board in the middle.

For those who don't get it, it's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky reference.
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    So ya know how "Delicious Fruit" has been translated in English to "Perfect Fruit?"

... I may just reset until my town fruit is Apples, so that I can make an entire forest of Perfect Apples, and put a Wigglytuff cut-out board in the middle.

For those who don't get it, it's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky reference.
    YOOM....................TAH! *blows up Tom Nook's store*

I quite like that idea.

I have always confused the Animal Crossing series with the Harvest Moon series for some reason, I haven't played any games in either series but I have always wanted to. I'll probably purchase the game from the e shop once I get a bigger SD card.

I have always confused the Animal Crossing series with the Harvest Moon series for some reason, I haven't played any games in either series but I have always wanted to. I'll probably purchase the game from the e shop once I get a bigger SD card.
    They're both good series, although Harvest Moon games vary in enjoyability greatly. Magical Melody for the GC is an excellent one to start with.
    AC is awesome if you have multiple people to play with, that's why I found Wild World more enjoyable than the original and City Folk for the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

YOOM....................TAH! *blows up Tom Nook's store*

I quite like that idea.
    Oh man, now I need to make sure I get a rabbit villager, and change their catchphrase to "YOOM-TAH."

I have been considering buying 2 copies of the game, actually. One to be my main town and one to be my assist town, where I time travel and all-that. If I do this, I might just make my entire assist-town based on Explorers of Sky.
    My Shinies:

I plan on doing the "you're good" face. What if I change all the catch phrases to "you're good" and make a big mosaic of the you're good face?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by Kikas123 View Post
    They're both good series, although Harvest Moon games vary in enjoyability greatly. Magical Melody for the GC is an excellent one to start with.
    AC is awesome if you have multiple people to play with, that's why I found Wild World more enjoyable than the original and City Folk for the Wii.
    Thanks for the details, I'll definitely check them out.

One more week until New Leaf (based on my current time)! dwehjgeupirwjdov

Who else pre ordered this amazing game? I can't wait! The 3 year, or nearly 3 years, wait is almost over! I won't be able to play that much when I get it because of Finals but I'll have a couple of free days. I pre ordered it just to ensure that I'll get a retail copy and wouldn't have to go digital. I plan on naming my town "Hoenn". Hoenn fanboy over here! What name will you guys give your town? I recommend thinking of one soon, or you'll be staring at the screen thinking of a name forever. :P
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

It's been 5 years. City Folk was released in '08. So a new game is long overdue. And yeah, I reserved my copy. It ships the day it's released. I can't wait. I've got some Doctor Who-themed clothing ideas for pro-designs. It's gonna be great <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblr User Godiscobalt
    “A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.”
    My writing blog

Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Yeah, I pre-ordered it too. A bunch of my friends did so, so I jumped on the bandwagon. I did play the original Gamecube one, and a little bit of Wild World, but for some reason I couldn't connect to WW the same way I did the original. This led me to not even bother with City Folk. But, this seemed like as good a time as any to get back into the franchise, so I put it on the list of 3DS games that I pre-ordered (along with Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and of course Pokemon XY).
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The lack of regional holidays was what burned Wild World in the personality department. City Folk made an attempt to rectify that by replacing the made-up holidays with the more traditional regional holiday system. But without enough new furniture, the exact same soundtrack as Wild World, and the accursed animal tracks feature, City Folk wasn't as popular as it could have been. New Leaf appears to address a lot of the shortcomings of its predecessors and manages to add new content in the process. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    One more week until New Leaf (based on my current time)! dwehjgeupirwjdov

Who else pre ordered this amazing game? I can't wait! The 3 year, or nearly 3 years, wait is almost over! I won't be able to play that much when I get it because of Finals but I'll have a couple of free days. I pre ordered it just to ensure that I'll get a retail copy and wouldn't have to go digital. I plan on naming my town "Hoenn". Hoenn fanboy over here! What name will you guys give your town? I recommend thinking of one soon, or you'll be staring at the screen thinking of a name forever. :P
    I'm going digital for a few reasons.
    1. I've never bought a full game digitally. I wanna try it out.
    2. I want to get as early a start on my town as I can.
    3. Animal Crossing games have daily chores to be done, so by having it right on my 3DS, I can simply pop in and get stuff done without having to hunt down the game card.
    4. I am too lazy to run down to my local Gamestop that early on a Sunday

As for my town name, I've settled on Valhalla. It's a name that I've been using for the past few years in any game where I get to name a location, and now I feel it's time to incorporate it into this franchise.
    My Shinies:

Great name rayze, haven't decided on mine yet.

Are town tunes still in the game?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Great name rayze, haven't decided on mine yet.

Are town tunes still in the game?
    Yup.

Tartarus is gonna be my Town Name.

I'm going with Oakwood. It's a nice name.

Hmmm haven't really thought about what to name my town. Usually I just come up with a name last second (which explains my last 2 cities name's: "Town 1" and " Oaklane")......I might go something beachy this time.....like sandplace or seavil (that one's punny).

Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast