Thread: OU Rain Team

Default OU Rain Team

So I've built a rain team that not only hits hard, but also is strong defensively. I plan to use in double battles, but there's just a few things I'm not sure about yet. Well... here it is.

Lies (Espeon) @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Nature: Timid
    - Rain Dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic

Espeon gets the party started with its high speed and rain dance. Ideally, Espeon will switch out the next turn with baton pass, but if its facing something like Conkeldurr, it will hit it hard with Psychic. Calm Mind can be used to boost its stats, which can be passed along to Dragonite (see below). It's a pretty decent lead, especially with Magic Bounce.

Dispute (Raikou) @ Light Clay
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 10 HP / 246 SpA
    Nature: Timid
    - Rain Dance
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Volt Switch

Another lead, usually put out with Espeon. As Espeon sets up the rain, Raikou can set up Reflect. Light Screen isn't necessary for my team, but its super annoying for the opponent. Volt Switch is great to just hit-and-run and send out a rain sweeper. If necessary, Raikou can be used later to recharge the rain. I'm considering using this exact same set with a Jolteon, as it would have better speed and my Raikou IVs are terrible, but Raikou works fine.

Tempest (Dragonite) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Modest
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Focus Blast
    - Surf

I'm in love with this set, in the rain its just killer. STAB Hurricane hits with 100% accuracy, Thunder hits with perfect accuracy too with a chance of paralysis, and surf is just brutal under rain.

The Tide (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 236 HP / 244 Def / 20 SpA / 8 SpD
    Nature: Bold
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Haze/Roar
    - Rain Dance

With Dragonite's Surf, there's no stopping Vaporeon. Water Absorb heals it everytime Dragonite attacks. Scald is brilliant with the rain, and Ice Beam easily destroys things like Salamance or Dragonite. Rain Dance is there for when it runs out. I'd rather use haze over roar, but if Armaldo (see below) has swords dance, roar might be a better idea.

Scorpion (Armaldo) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 12 HP / 244 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Brick Break/Protect/Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor

Under the rain, Armaldo runs pretty fast. It hits hard and covers a lot. I'm not sure whether to use Brick Break, Protect or Swords Dance, they're all pretty useful, but I think Swords Dance would probably really help this guy out a lot.

The Teeth (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 244 HP / 224 Atk / 22 SpD
    Nature: Sassy
    - Stealth Rock
    - Shadow Claw/Toxic
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is pretty impossible to beat with the rain getting rid of its double fire weakness, and with dual screens. Plus, if Espeon switches out to Ferrothorn, the opponent is likely to get hurt by its iron barbs and rocky helmet. Stealth Rock creates an entry hazard, shadow claw is there to hit ghosts and psychics, but I think toxic is probably better, power whip hurts Vaporeons, and Gyro Ball is just a nice STAB attack.

So that's it. There's a lot of options while using it, but I need opinions. Can anyone point out my weaknesses?
    Last edited by Queen_Mew; 27th June 2012 at 1:58 AM.

Sorry for the bump, but I really need feedback.

Wher's politoed? You NEED drizzle in rain teams.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Wher's politoed? You NEED drizzle in rain teams.
    not if he wants to use swift swim

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

What do you mean by "water absorb heals it every time dragonite attacks"? This is single battle.

Also, I would exchange water absorb for hydration, as it allows it to capitalize more on the rain.

In addition, I think you should replace toxic/shadow claw with leech seed, as ferro could use the extra recovery.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Mew View Post
    So I've built a rain team that not only hits hard, but also is strong defensively. I plan to use in double battles, but there's just a few things I'm not sure about yet. Well... here it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    What do you mean by "water absorb heals it every time dragonite attacks"? This is single battle.

Not trying to sound harsh or anything, but if you read, Queen-Mew did say that they plan to use it in DOUBLE BATTLES.
    Black FC: 1077-6318-8234