Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Business Thread

Default Nintendo Business Thread

Hey, everyone. Since I just found a small interesting bit of note and there was no thread I could post this, I suppose making a thread about business in Nintendo's domain was a good discussion thread.

In this thread, we shall talk about anything business-related to Nintendo, be it somebody joining their first-party support division, or sales of recent games.

I have this:

Sonic's Co-Creator joined Nintendo, for example.

Is there really any reason to make a thread for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Is there really any reason to make a thread for this?
    Uh-oh, this question is highly implying me that the thread will get locked.

I didn't have any other option to post this bit of news anywhere else. Besides, it is kind of interesting to know how well business fares for specific games. How well a game sells warrants a lot of stuff like a sequel or something.

Clamp is addicted to saying sh!t like that.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Clamps is addicted to saying sh!t like that.
    You're one to talk.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Nintendo needs to buy SEGA. Maybe when SEGA is a little bit more... dead, but they have to buy it eventually. I think we all can acknowledge the fact that SEGA's doomed (considering that SEGA reportedly canceled all of its games that don't have Sonic, Football Manager, Aliens, or Total War in the title), and Nintendo + Sonic would be fricking awesome. Much better than the **** Sega's put out since it left the hardware industry. Nintendo would also receive a bunch of new first party franchises (Virtua Fighter, Yazuka, etc.), so the next Super Smash Bros game (probably after the 2013 games because it will probably take a while for SEGA to die completely) would be amazing.

Also, it would be so ironic that Nintendo absorbed one of its greatest competitors.

The closest thing we have for a Nintendo/Sega game is the Olympic games.

And really, aren't many of Sega's franchises pretty much unknown to many people? (Please let's not turn this thread into a SSB-hybrid thread).

Yeah , I have to agree that most of SEGA's series are unknown to a majority of people. That is because what it boils down to is that Sonic the Hedgehog series is probably the only SEGA series the modern gamer knows about. This is more likely to the fact while Sega series like Sakura Wars and Shinobi aren't advertised that much while Sonic is like as well known as Mario is. Though the only difference between Mario and Sonic is that a majority of gamers know more Nintendo series other than Mario when compared to Sega series other that Sonic.

But hey , I do have to save that Nintendo was wise enough to let XSeed publish The Last Story in North America. That being since that we would have probably still be waiting for a North American announcement of The Last Story if they haven't done that. Though I do have to say that I hope that they would do something similar with Pandora's Tower if Nintendo of America doesn't want to be the company that wants to publish the game stateside.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Yeah , I have to agree that most of SEGA's series are unknown to a majority of people.
    Correction: Unknown only to kids who never touched a Sega console when they were in the hardware industry.

Let's also keep the "Hurpadurp, they need to buy Sega!" posts out. It's not gonna happen. Sega may be losing money, but they're not going to stupidly limit themselves to one company.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

The future of F-Zero seems uncertain, according to Miyamoto.

Dear god, the GameCube game looked amazing. I liked the high difficulty.

A Toy? Your Argument is Irrelevant, Good Sir

That has to be something that just can piss in your Cheerios. That mainly being since that there are really good games on a system that ain't a toy. Games like No More Heroes series and Mad World are surely what are not found on something that is considered a child's toy. Though it kinda seems 100% Irrelevant since that Call of Poopy ain't on there. But hey, Nintendo will show every one who is the king of the food chain this year at E3 with games like Pikmin 3 and hopefully great First Larty Wii U games too like hopefully a EarthBound, F-Zero, and or a Star Fox game for Wii U.

That has to be something that just can piss in your Cheerios. That mainly being since that there are really good games on a system that ain't a toy. Games like No More Heroes series and Mad World are surely what are not found on something that is considered a child's toy. Though it kinda seems 100% Irrelevant since that Call of Poopy ain't on there. But hey, Nintendo will show every one who is the king of the food chain this year at E3 with games like Pikmin 3 and hopefully great First Larty Wii U games too like hopefully a EarthBound, F-Zero, and or a Star Fox game for Wii U.
    You do realise that Nintendo marketed the NES as a toy in order to break into the western market, so calling the Wii a toy isn't that far fetched.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 18th April 2012 at 12:23 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You do realise that Nintendo marketed the NES as a toy in order to break in the western market, so calling the Wii a toy isn't that far fetched.
    I like my toy 3DS.

Video games are toys, complex virtual ones.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Every video game ever made is a toy. Deal with it.

Time for the obligatory Mother series teasing moment! And yes, this is a display in New York City's Nintendo World Store.

Also, Pikmin 2 fans, rejoice! New Play Control: Pikmin 2 is coming to US shores this June so while we wait for the next Pikmin game. Nintendo Power clarified it for me.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 25th April 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    The future of F-Zero seems uncertain, according to Miyamoto.

Dear god, the GameCube game looked amazing. I liked the high difficulty.
    Aw, crud. Seriously? I want F-Zero to live! And, come on, it's not like Super Mario Galaxy 2 had any huge "surprises." For a new F-Zero, they could add the option of motion controls, and online play with 30 people would be neat. It better happen on the Wii U.

And I agree, F-Zero GX was one of my favorite GameCube games... even if it felt like a virtual anger management class at times.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseeker
    Nintendo is reporting its first annual loss since it became a public company, losses of around $530 million. The company was first publicly listed in 1962, and then joined the Tokyo stock exchange around 1983. The majority of its losses are attributed to price drops and lackluster sales of the Nintendo 3DS, in combination with a low value yen.

After launch sales of the 3DS started to taper off, Nintendo discounted its handheld console up to 40% starting with Japan and then also in North America and Europe. This price drop caused Nintendo to take a loss on each individual 3DS sold. Quickly lowering manufacturing and component costs means this will reverse later in 2012, and Nintendo will profit once more on 3DS hardware sold. This, combined with yen increasing in value, are positive signs for Nintendo.

Analysts are quick to say Nintendo's losses are due to competition from Sony, Microsoft and a growing social and mobile market. Gamers, however, will agree that Nintendo's lineup of 3DS and Wii game releases is lackluster at best.

Nintendo says it will return to profitability in 2013, predicting about $244 million in profits. Gamers respond with, "Show me the Wii U's launch lineup, and then we'll talk."

I hope this doesn't change anything about B/W2.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterFoster111 View Post
    I hope this doesn't change anything about B/W2.
    A popular Nintendo franchise that is grantee to sell in big numbers world wide?

Of course it doesn't change anything if anything it should help Nintendo to shift 3DS if they market it well, say a bundle pack.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 26th April 2012 at 8:11 PM.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

A popular Nintendo franchise that is grantee to sell in big numbers world wide?

Of it doesn't change anything if anything it should help Nintendo to shift 3DS if they market it well, say a bundle pack.
    True.

It's not like Sega who canned a lot of their games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    True.

It's not like Sega who canned a lot of their games this year.
    That mostly lies down to people having this stupid mindset that only the Sonic games are the good Sega's games.

It is really heart breaking to see a company willing to try new thing, but no the public just want the same old tired crap.

The worse part is these are the same people who complain about playing the same old things. -_-

^ Best post ever.

That mostly lies down to people having this stupid mindset that only the Sonic games are the good Sega's games.

It is really heart breaking to see a company willing to try new thing, but no the public just want the same old tired crap.

The worse part is these are the same people who complain about playing the same old things. -_-
    This is the saying "You can't please everybody" to its finest.

The Day that Nintendo is gonna steal the show at E3 has been set

Can't believe though that E3 is nearly a month away. Though this does mean that "The Good Stuff" of any announcements video game related are coming in about a month's time. But hey, Can't wait to see what games that Nintendo has decided to release on the Wii U's launch day. ONe game that I could actually see be a launch title is Pikmin 3. Then again Super Paper Mario comes in mind when I think about it being a good choice since that both games were originally planned for release on on the old Nintendo home console and eventually got pushed to the new Nintendo console due to better quality.

Other than that, Have to say that my body is ready for it right now. Though I do find really nice that Spike is covering it this year. That mainly being since that I can watch the presentation on my TV instead of G4's website again. Yeah, That is because that DirectTV took of G4 last year since of conflicts with Dish, who is the one that actually owns the rights to the G4 TV channel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast