Page 81 of 238 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 5932

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Any Hidden Grotto around Unova, though it has a 5% chance rate
    I don't recall seeing anything about there being an exact percentage about the Eevee, though. Hmm.

Anyway, I'm still unable to get to the sixth floor of White Treehollow in White 2. The first through fifth floors I have no problem accessing, it's just the sixth one up that I can't access for some reason.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

hello guys i just started my first ever pokemon game yesterday when i got black 2

i got some advice from my younger brother who has been playing pokemon since the red&blue and he told me some tips and tricks but im not really sure.. *younger brothers.. go figure lol

so i just started the game and he told me to umm ev train my pokemon? did i get that right.. i choose tepig as my starter and now he's a pignite level 20 after 5-6 hours (ive only been killing level 2-4 patrats and purllions to get him some attack and speed ev's? not really sure what im doing) so anyway im now about to finally.. FINALLY go to Floccesy town for the first time and i still dont have a clear line up (i know im only at the very beginning but id like to have a clear plan for when im going through the storyline :x )

i kinda need help with choosing a team, so ive been browsing a bit and since im completely new at this i dont even know half the pokemon names i just read QAQ the only pokemon i recognize are the ones from the pokemon cartoons and some of the really really cute ones~ :X

although i did find these two~
    zoroa -> zoroark (cuz he looks badass and all and i think i read somewhere someone will gift him to me?)
    eevee -> leafeon (p.s. can i really get an eevee before the elite four? and yes i HAVE to HAVE a Leafeon cuz he's my favorite pokemon of all time xP)

i was wondering if someone was kind enough to give me some advice for a balanced team that has all the types covered? pretty please? oh and can it be gotten all before the elite four? =x

p.s. im only playing via my ds emulator so i cant really trade or anything like that :/

please help me and if you could please PLEASE dumb it down a little i seriously dont know half the stuff people are talking about here lol~

tyvm,
    -Lucy
    Last edited by Lunamera; 9th October 2012 at 5:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynno View Post
    Question does the IV judge only appear after the elite 4 like in original? or is he already there when you reach nimbasa the first time
    Post-E4 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunamera View Post
    so i just started the game and he told me to umm ev train my pokemon? did i get that right.. i choose tepig as my starter and now he's a pignite level 20 after 5-6 hours (ive only been killing level 2-4 patrats and purllions to get him some attack and speed ev's? not really sure what im doing) so anyway im now about to finally.. FINALLY go to Floccesy town for the first time and i still dont have a clear line up (i know im only at the very beginning but id like to have a clear plan for when im going through the storyline :x )
    Yeah, don't EV train. It's pointless in-game, and you're vastly overleveled. At this point, you could probably just solo the next couple of Gyms if you don't want to fill out your team yet.

zoroa -> zoroark (cuz he looks badass and all and i think i read somewhere someone will gift him to me?)
    You'll get it before the 5th Gym. It'll be a bit underleveled, though, compared to your Pignite.

eevee -> leafeon (p.s. can i really get an eevee before the elite four? and yes i HAVE to HAVE a Leafeon cuz he's my favorite pokemon of all time xP)
    Eevee is available in Castelia Garden (with a 5% encounter rate), but it cannot be evolved into Leafeon until post-game.

Reposting since it got ignored:

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Saw a topic on Smogon, thought it could be amazingly cool, made a post about it. This is directed more toward people who have actually owned the game for more than a day.

Is it possible to use the Slender Man Makeup from Join Avenue to recreate a Pomeg glitch, of sorts?

i have a question though it might be dumb, can you transfer from white to white 2 your pokemon via wifi without needing another DS system, or you need 2 DS systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Laimin View Post
    i have a question though it might be dumb, can you transfer from white to white 2 your pokemon via wifi without needing another DS system, or you need 2 DS systems?
    You could connect to the GTS and trade that way, though that would be extremely unreliable as someone could potentially take your Pokémon before you.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

So I took my Pokemon to the battle subway and all of them are set to level 50 (they are currently under 50), and I check the pokemon stats. Is this set of stats true for these pokemons when they actually reach level 50? It could be even higher than that because I could gain some EVs when training them to 50, right?

And also when I breed a pokemon, I take them immediately to the battle subway, I can tell their IVs point based on the stats for them when set to level 50 when comparing to the stats table on serebii, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GerJapa View Post
    So I took my Pokemon to the battle subway and all of them are set to level 50 (they are currently under 50), and I check the pokemon stats. Is this set of stats true for these pokemons when they actually reach level 50? It could be even higher than that because I could gain some EVs when training them to 50, right?
    Yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GerJapa View Post
    And also when I breed a pokemon, I take them immediately to the battle subway, I can tell their IVs point based on the stats for them when set to level 50 when comparing to the stats table on serebii, right?
    You could, though you won't get 100% accuracy at Lv. 50. Serebii's calculator uses averages of what your IVs could be to output a single number, so you're better off using a different calculator, like Metalkid's, if you want exact numbers.

If you cause any of N's pokémon to faint, do you never get another opportunity to catch them?

Pretty sure I know the answer, but to make absolutely sure...

If I were to complete White 2 and Black 2, then send the Challenge Key over to White 2 and restart Black 2, would I be able to unlock Black 2's Challenge Mode from the beginning of the game using White 2?

hello guys i just started my first ever pokemon game yesterday when i got black 2

i got some advice from my younger brother who has been playing pokemon since the red&blue and he told me some tips and tricks but im not really sure.. *younger brothers.. go figure lol

i kinda need help with choosing a team, so ive been browsing a bit and since im completely new at this i dont even know half the pokemon names i just read QAQ the only pokemon i recognize are the ones from the pokemon cartoons and some of the really really cute ones~ :X

although i did find these two~

i was wondering if someone was kind enough to give me some advice for a balanced team that has all the types covered? pretty please? oh and can it be gotten all before the elite four? =x

p.s. im only playing via my ds emulator so i cant really trade or anything like that :/

please help me and if you could please PLEASE dumb it down a little i seriously dont know half the stuff people are talking about here lol~

tyvm,
    -Lucy
    My advice:
    1. Grind Train more than anything, it's just where you wander and battle random people for a long period of time, it's the most efficient leveling technique in my mind
    2. Don't be afraid to focus on one pokemon, because when you are training little level pokemon and they faint, the big badass one can finish the battle so you can get the fainted revived quickly
    3. Watch some youtube videos and learn about type advantages/disadvantages
    4. keep tons of potions,antidotes,parlyz heals, etc. on you at all times, this games isn't skyrim
    5. Have fun no matter what happens, this game is meant to be an adventure, not a projectile DS thrown across the room.

Beaten Games:
    • Ruby
    • Pearl
    • Diamond
    • Platinum
    • Heartgold
    • Red
    • Silver
    • Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Pretty sure I know the answer, but to make absolutely sure...

If I were to complete White 2 and Black 2, then send the Challenge Key over to White 2 and restart Black 2, would I be able to unlock Black 2's Challenge Mode from the beginning of the game using White 2?
    No, the modes are represented as locks, when you beat the game your save becomes a specific key, you can unlock the lock for anyone, but you keep your key, so they cant unlock for you, and restarting loses the key on your save.

are the modes sent via IR or wireless?

For those that picked up an early Riolu: how long did it take to evolve it?

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    I read on another forum that someone's Riolu evolved as early as level 18. They were surprised it evolved that early.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

question about N's wild pokemon, i ran into 2 (a sandile n a scraggy) in the dessert but i accidentally killed them with a critical hit, any chance i can re-encounter them or should i soft resest???
    i saved the game, then encountered the sandile followed by the scraggy, after scraggy fainter i just closed my ds (not turned off, just closed), so should i keep looking or soft reeset????

mine evolved at 19, it never fainted and got 1 win in each of the first 2 gyms and was always holding something. It grew to 18 against the breeder on rt4, then grew to 19 against colress and evolved after the fight.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 10th October 2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: double post merge

I have a question to ask... And I am really not sure as to where I should ask this : / I apologize if its the wrong place...

I live in the UK and I pre-ordered my Black 2 game set for release on the 12th and today it's the 9th and the status is as 'shipped' does this mean I will receive my copy before the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    are the modes sent via IR or wireless?
    Infra-red only.

(BECAUSE??)

The general level seems to be level 20, or somewhere around that. Depends on the person training it.

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    I have a question to ask... And I am really not sure as to where I should ask this : / I apologize if its the wrong place...

I live in the UK and I pre-ordered my Black 2 game set for release on the 12th and today it's the 9th and the status is as 'shipped' does this mean I will receive my copy before the release date?
    Probably not unless it's next-day or 2-day shipping. Games are usually sent a bit early so they arrive approximately on the release date.

I have claimed Giratina

I'm grindong for Clay, and I want my whole team at level 34 for him. I already beat all of the trainers in Chargestone and around Route 5 and Nimbasa...any other training locations besides wilds?
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I haven't played B/W2 yet. but I have some questions about the fusion and legendaries.

1) Do you catch both legendaries as in the first game? Kyurem AND Zekrom/Reshiram?
    2) If so, do I lose one pokemon when I fuse the two?
    3) Is it required by story or is it only optional to fuse the pokemon's?
    4) If I can skip to fuse them, is it better to have 2 strong legendaries (Kyurem AND Zekrom/Reshiram) instead of a SUPER strong legendary (Black/White Kyurem)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    I'm grindong for Clay, and I want my whole team at level 34 for him. I already beat all of the trainers in Chargestone and around Route 5 and Nimbasa...any other training locations besides wilds?
    Speaking of grinding..can you run around to force a shaking patch of grass for audino grinding? Because surprisingly Cheren handed me my butt and I've been running around trying to get a shaking patch but I'm starting to wonder..
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by renegade8164 View Post
    I haven't played B/W2 yet. but I have some questions about the fusion and legendaries.

1) Do you catch both legendaries as in the first game? Kyurem AND Zekrom/Reshiram?
    Youll catch kyurem and whatever other pokemon is associated with your game (ie, white2->reshiram, black 2->zekrom), however this wont be until after the e4
    2) If so, do I lose one pokemon when I fuse the two?
    when you fuse youll "lose" one of them, but you can unfuse at any time.
    Its not required at all, at least im pretty sure its not
    4) If I can skip to fuse them, is it better to have 2 strong legendaries (Kyurem AND Zekrom/Reshiram) instead of a SUPER strong legendary (Black/White Kyurem)?
    up to you if you want 2 dragon type legendarys in your party.
    Just curious, is there any guy that adds the genies to you dex? Like the guy that adds the two dragons on the frigate?

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    Speaking of grinding..can you run around to force a shaking patch of grass for audino grinding? Because surprisingly Cheren handed me my butt and I've been running around trying to get a shaking patch but I'm starting to wonder..
    Yeah, running on the edge/in grass will cause a shaking grass to appear just like in the first ones.

Lv. 34 is way overleveled. Get to like 28 and then try him.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade8164 View Post
    It's only available post-game, so no?

Hey does anyone have one of the keys they can part with? Basically i only need it to play the game in Challenge mode as Normal mode is way too easy... so yeah thanks!
    Pokemon Black FC: 3440 0217 8589 - Abhi

Pokemon Black Team:

Banner accredited to rosierjay

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    I believe you can only encounter shaking patches AFTER you beat Cheren. Bianca will come up to you and tell you about them. If she hasn't mentioned them yet, you can't find them.

I beat Clay when my highest level was 28. You'll be fine. If you're really worried, and think you don't have any super effective moves, backtrack to Lostlorn forest and catch a roselia. Train it up a little, so that it knows leech seed and giga drain. You should be able to handle most anything he throws at you.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Queen View Post
    I am not sure where to ask this, but the question somewhat relates to the game. For those who picked out their copy of B/W2 @ gamestop, did they give out Genesect posters? (Similar to the Keldeo they gave for doing the event)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kento in Kanto View Post
    If you cause any of N's pokémon to faint, do you never get another opportunity to catch them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie
    Is it still like in Black and White where you can't trade pokémon with hm moves?
    A bunch of questions. The first two are ones that were in this thread that I was also wondering about and haven't seen answered.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Page 81 of 238 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast