Page 191 of 237 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 5913

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

  1. #4751
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Has anyone had problems connecting to GTS? I keep getting 13275 error code. :S

  2. #4752
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I've been trying to google and look through forums, but I can't find much that says for sure what happens when you start a new game. I just bought Black 2 so that I could help my White 2 complete Unova pokedex. I want to trade the Zekrom over and restart. I heard something about not being able to connect to the dream world or something because the dream world only register's the first ID code for the game save. I dont understand that, so im looking for a little clarification. Let's say i register to dream world to get an event pokemon. that means if i restart, i would lose the ability to connect to dream world? I'm also wondering about event pokemon. If I trade over an event pokemon, and restart, can i get another one from mystery gift? Also wondering if the keys are reset? if i fully clear up through black city and get the key to exchange, do i lose it when i start a new game? Looking for a full blown list of what happens when you start a new game on black 2.
    Last edited by ilakyd; 11th February 2013 at 10:46 PM.

  3. #4753
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilakyd View Post
    I've been trying to google and look through forums, but I can't find much that says for sure what happens when you start a new game. I just bought Black 2 so that I could help my White 2 complete Unova pokedex. I want to trade the Zekrom over and restart. I heard something about not being able to connect to the dream world or something because the dream world only register's the first ID code for the game save. I dont understand that, so im looking for a little clarification. Let's say i register to dream world to get an event pokemon. that means if i restart, i would lose the ability to connect to dream world? I'm also wondering about event pokemon. If I trade over an event pokemon, and restart, can i get another one from mystery gift? Also wondering if the keys are reset? if i fully clear up through black city and get the key to exchange, do i lose it when i start a new game? Looking for a full blown list of what happens when you start a new game on black 2.
    When you restart your game you need to register for the Dream World again, so you'd be starting from scratch there as well. You can get one event Pokemon per save file. So you can restart and get the events as many times as you want. Your keys are reset as well, restarting resets everything on your cart.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #4754
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Has anyone had problems connecting to GTS? I keep getting 13275 error code. :S
    Anyone know what website I would search this guys error code?

    Can anyone tell me how Effort values work? What i'm after is more specific. Is battling Pokemon that give 2-3 Effort Value points better that battling Pokemon that give 1 Effort Value?

  5. #4755
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
    Anyone know what website I would search this guys error code?
    Nintendo's website

  6. #4756
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how Effort values work? What i'm after is more specific. Is battling Pokemon that give 2-3 Effort Value points better that battling Pokemon that give 1 Effort Value?
    Logically yes but usually a pokemon with 2-3 has a 5% rate to show up, its more time effective to battle pokemon with 1EV who show up 100% of the time. You'll just need to check which pokemon have a high spawn rate or even easier, check this website http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/86586/...ck-and-white-2
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

  7. #4757
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moo Moo Farms
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    another question, Where do i find Marlon to get him back to the gym?

    I believe it said hes surfing somewhere but, i cant find him in Humilau's water.

  8. #4758
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    another question, Where do i find Marlon to get him back to the gym?

    I believe it said hes surfing somewhere but, i cant find him in Humilau's water.
    I think you need to go to the first house in Humilau City (IIRC, where the move tutor's house is?)

  9. #4759
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Logically yes but usually a pokemon with 2-3 has a 5% rate to show up, its more time effective to battle pokemon with 1EV who show up 100% of the time. You'll just need to check which pokemon have a high spawn rate or even easier, check this website http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/86586/...ck-and-white-2
    thank you

  10. #4760
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Hope it's ok to be putting this up again.

    How can I get my Pokemon better stats? I may be leaving it a bit late as they are around level 90 but I'd appreciate the help. Are the Power items useful (Anklets etc)? Which places in join avenue are good for my Pokemon and which should I avoid? Also My Golduck level 92 has 223 Attack and 197 Special Attack (neutral nature). Should he use surf or waterfall or does it depend on the invisible figures? I'm sure he sounds weak. Help would be very much appreciated

  11. #4761
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moo Moo Farms
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I think you need to go to the first house in Humilau City (IIRC, where the move tutor's house is?)
    Found him. I got confused because Hugh wouldnt let me pass at first.

    No idea what i did different this time, but thanks for the help.

  12. #4762
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dyaus Spring, Suicune's Home
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Here's a question guys, I have a Dream Radar Landros, in his Incarnate forme. I took it to the little altar in Abundant Shrine and it didn't give me the Reveal Glass, I thought you needed a DR Landros to get the Reveal Glass and turn him into his Therian Forme?

    If that's not the case, how do I get it? Do I need to find a DR Landros in his Therian forme already?





  13. #4763
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Here's a question guys, I have a Dream Radar Landros, in his Incarnate forme. I took it to the little altar in Abundant Shrine and it didn't give me the Reveal Glass, I thought you needed a DR Landros to get the Reveal Glass and turn him into his Therian Forme?

    If that's not the case, how do I get it? Do I need to find a DR Landros in his Therian forme already?
    Did you get it by trading? I think it has to be therian forme since it arrives in that forme from Dream Radar

  14. #4764
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Has anyone had problems connecting to GTS? I keep getting 13275 error code. :S
    Apparently it means one of two things. Here's what I've read. "Servers are down or there are too many people online at once. Probably the former due to the crisis in Japan." on another forum someone said "This error code apparently signifies that the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is "currently experiencing problems due to a high amount of players, or is temporarily down." Nintendo suggests that you simply try again later. Perhaps there is an unusually high amount of people online right now, or their servers are down for maintenance. Whatever the cause, as long as you get this error code, all you can do is try again later."

  15. #4765
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dyaus Spring, Suicune's Home
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Did you get it by trading? I think it has to be therian forme since it arrives in that forme from Dream Radar
    Yeah! I got it in a trade, it says it was caught in the Dream Radar and it's in a Dream Ball.





  16. #4766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Yeah! I got it in a trade, it says it was caught in the Dream Radar and it's in a Dream Ball.
    It needs to be in its Therian Forme in order for you to be given the Reveal Glass.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #4767
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Hello,
    I was just wondering if Cloyster is any good in-game, or if i should just use a lapras in my Black 2 game ( i trade for the cloyster)
    thanks
    Please reply to all questions appropriately.

  18. #4768
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frootquake View Post
    Hello,
    I was just wondering if Cloyster is any good in-game, or if i should just use a lapras in my Black 2 game ( i trade for the cloyster)
    thanks
    As far as in game goes, lapras has a wider movepool, being able to learn ice beam, surf, thunderbolt, body slam, psychic... And it's pretty decent in game. It's just hard to get.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

    Clearly Mega Ampharos has been sharing its beauty secrets with Altaria.

  19. #4769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frootquake View Post
    Hello,
    I was just wondering if Cloyster is any good in-game, or if i should just use a lapras in my Black 2 game ( i trade for the cloyster)
    thanks
    In-game, you can really get away with just about anything. It all depends on what role you intend for it to play and how it'll complement whatever else is on your roster.

    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/091.shtml

    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/131.shtml

    Compare the two in all relevant facets and decide what works better for you.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  20. #4770
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking this question, but do I have to put in someone elses FC or can people appear as registered when they put in my FC.
    I know this is not concerning the games but I did not know where else to go and I apologize for putting this here.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

    AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

    My Team:
    1. Muninn
    Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #3: Castelia Park(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well(RE) B&W: Tornadus and Thundurus(SR on hold) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: Johto Starter(SR)

    Most Recent Shiny:
    Bunnelby 8 Chain     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

  21. #4771
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    America
    Posts
    19

    Default

    how do you get the name rater to allow you to changehe names of your pokemon? whenever i go up to him he just says that's a good name, and doesn't let me change it.
    Please reply to all questions appropriately.

  22. #4772
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frootquake View Post
    how do you get the name rater to allow you to changehe names of your pokemon? whenever i go up to him he just says that's a good name, and doesn't let me change it.
    The Name Rater only allows you to change nicknames of Pokemon with you as the OT. That means you can't change the names of traded/Pokeshifted Pokemon, but only Pokemon you've caught yourself in that particular game. :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkrow View Post
    Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking this question, but do I have to put in someone elses FC or can people appear as registered when they put in my FC.
    I know this is not concerning the games but I did not know where else to go and I apologize for putting this here.
    Someone else will have to confirm since I haven't actually traded in 5th Gen, but I'd imagine you would have to put in their FC in order to register them. Again, I'm not 100% sure (sorry about that).

  23. #4773
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Hi, quick question, not about the game, per se.... Where would i be able to post questions on the legitimacy of a pokemon? Sorry if posting in the wrong place.
    X Friend Code ~5172-0172-4191 | Y Friend Code ~ 3265-6270-3575 Pm/Vm to swap codes.
        Spoiler:

  24. #4774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptable Porygon-Z View Post
    Where would i be able to post questions on the legitimacy of a pokemon? Sorry if posting in the wrong place.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...k-Check-Thread



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  25. #4775
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkrow View Post
    Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking this question, but do I have to put in someone elses FC or can people appear as registered when they put in my FC.
    For Wi-Fi connection, both players would need to register each other's friend code. Even if the other player has you registered, your trainer sprite won't appear in their game unless you input their code in yours. At least, that's what I've heard from people I have traded with.

    For wireless communications, you don't need to do it (although there is an option to trade friend codes easily on C-Gear). Just trade/battle and it will automatically register both players.
    L i f e . i s . b e a u t i f u l ,
    b u t . y o u . d o n ' t . h a v e . a . c l u e .


Page 191 of 237 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •