Page 208 of 237 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I don't know if this is the right spot to ask this question, but would you suggest I get White 2? After randomly finding my Black version's save file gone, I felt like instead of running through Black again I might as well go to the next level, and also have more fun with older pokemon / the world tournament.
    Well that's entirely up to you, we can't really help you with that. If you want something new, get Black/White 2, otherwise just replay Black.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I don't know if this is the right spot to ask this question, but would you suggest I get White 2? After randomly finding my Black version's save file gone, I felt like instead of running through Black again I might as well go to the next level, and also have more fun with older pokemon / the world tournament.
    The main reason that I didn't get Black 2 until a couple weeks ago was because I was afraid that it'd be too similar. The fact that this gen's "third version" had 2 different versions made the whole thing sound like nothing but a cash grab to me. I just beat the Elite 4, though, and I can now say this safely:

This game had no reason, outside of money, to be made into two different versions. However, buying one of the two is worth the money for the additional features not present in the original Black and White.

The above is, of course, just my opinion. Here are the best new features for me. If these justify $35 to you, then I say go ahead and buy one of the games.

- Huge regional dex. I, personally, ran into 256 different species of Pokemon before even reaching the Elite 4.
    - PWT. It doesn't hold up as anything spectacular when compared to a normal Battle Frontier, but the fact that you can do the Rental Battles pre-E4, and the plethora of cheap prizes, make this very fun.
    - Challenge Mode. I'm pissed that we have to unlock this. The game having a challenge mode is absolutely amazing, and quite frankly, should be available from the start. Despite my gripes on its need for unlocking, I love it being there.
    - Shiny Charm. I don't have this item yet, but a greater chance of finding shinies sounds amazing to me.
    - Pokestar Studios. This is my biggest one. I've always HATED how Gen IV ruined contests, and Gen V, instead of fixing them, replaced them with the god awful Pokemon Musical. At first, I thought Pokestar Studios would just be another cheap ripoff. I can safely say that Pokestar Studios is not as good as having Pokemon Contests, but it's still a ton of fun. They're essentially Battle Puzzles, putting you in situations and making you use the right moves and the right time. The puzzle aspect behind the Studios is its saving grace.

Now, for my question.

I'm seeking the Wailord Watcher Medal. However, I am almost never able to be in-game between 3:00 and 5:00 PM, where Wailord appears in the Marine Tube more commonly, and for moral reasons I refuse to change my 3DS's clock. So, I have a simple question on how the Marine Tube works:

If I stand in place in the Marine Tube and do nothing, is there a chance to eventually see Wailord, or is this decided based on entrance, meaning that I have to keep exiting and entering until i find one? If the second option, how long do I have to wait after entering before I can safely assume that I won't find Wailord, so that I can exit and reenter again?

It's late, I hope that made sense... it's a hard-to-word question.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    The main reason that I didn't get Black 2 until a couple weeks ago was because I was afraid that it'd be too similar. The fact that this gen's "third version" had 2 different versions made the whole thing sound like nothing but a cash grab to me. I just beat the Elite 4, though, and I can now say this safely:

This game had no reason, outside of money, to be made into two different versions. However, buying one of the two is worth the money for the additional features not present in the original Black and White.

The above is, of course, just my opinion. Here are the best new features for me. If these justify $35 to you, then I say go ahead and buy one of the games.

- Huge regional dex. I, personally, ran into 256 different species of Pokemon before even reaching the Elite 4.
    - PWT. It doesn't hold up as anything spectacular when compared to a normal Battle Frontier, but the fact that you can do the Rental Battles pre-E4, and the plethora of cheap prizes, make this very fun.
    - Challenge Mode. I'm pissed that we have to unlock this. The game having a challenge mode is absolutely amazing, and quite frankly, should be available from the start. Despite my gripes on its need for unlocking, I love it being there.
    - Shiny Charm. I don't have this item yet, but a greater chance of finding shinies sounds amazing to me.
    - Pokestar Studios. This is my biggest one. I've always HATED how Gen IV ruined contests, and Gen V, instead of fixing them, replaced them with the god awful Pokemon Musical. At first, I thought Pokestar Studios would just be another cheap ripoff. I can safely say that Pokestar Studios is not as good as having Pokemon Contests, but it's still a ton of fun. They're essentially Battle Puzzles, putting you in situations and making you use the right moves and the right time. The puzzle aspect behind the Studios is its saving grace.

Now, for my question.

I'm seeking the Wailord Watcher Medal. However, I am almost never able to be in-game between 3:00 and 5:00 PM, where Wailord appears in the Marine Tube more commonly, and for moral reasons I refuse to change my 3DS's clock. So, I have a simple question on how the Marine Tube works:

If I stand in place in the Marine Tube and do nothing, is there a chance to eventually see Wailord, or is this decided based on entrance, meaning that I have to keep exiting and entering until i find one? If the second option, how long do I have to wait after entering before I can safely assume that I won't find Wailord, so that I can exit and reenter again?

It's late, I hope that made sense... it's a hard-to-word question.
    You have to enter between 3:00 and 4:00. No other way.
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 7th May 2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    You have to enter between 3:00 and 4:00. No other way.
    Okay, that didn't even come close to answering my question. Let me try rewording it.

First off, I'm confused by your answer anyway, since every source I've found says 3:00-5:00, and uses the term "most common," instead of "only," so I'm seeing an inconsistency between the facts I'm being given. Minedreigon, if you are indeed correct, then someone needs to go edit Bulbapedia and fix that.

Second, let me try asking the question, instead, as a series of events.

Scenario:
    - It's 3:15 PM
    - I walk into the Marine Tube
    - I do not immediately see a Wailord

In this scenario, do I:

A. Stay in the Marine Tube and wait for one

or

B. Exit the Marine Tube, then re-enter the Marine Tube

If the answer is, in fact, B, then how long is it recommended I wait before exiting and reentering?

The point of my question is that I'm not sure if the current Pokemon that will appear in the Marine Tube are all spawned immediately upon entrance, or if they can change while I'm waiting around. Having never seen any Pokemon other than Frillish and Basculin, though I hear that even Alomomola and Mantine can appear, I'm simply unsure of the process of forcing a spawn out of Wailord. Maybe if someone can simply explain what they did to catch a glimpse of the Pokemon, that would help clear things up.
    My Shinies:

Any new trainers or old that just started pokemon b/w2 email so we can battle. i just restarted 2 days agos n just got my 2nd badge so im not to far ahead. who knws i could b your new rival

Okay, that didn't even come close to answering my question. Let me try rewording it.

First off, I'm confused by your answer anyway, since every source I've found says 3:00-5:00, and uses the term "most common," instead of "only," so I'm seeing an inconsistency between the facts I'm being given. Minedreigon, if you are indeed correct, then someone needs to go edit Bulbapedia and fix that.

Scenario:

In this scenario, do I:

or

If the answer is, in fact, B, then how long is it recommended I wait before exiting and reentering?

The point of my question is that I'm not sure if the current Pokemon that will appear in the Marine Tube are all spawned immediately upon entrance, or if they can change while I'm waiting around. Having never seen any Pokemon other than Frillish and Basculin, though I hear that even Alomomola and Mantine can appear, I'm simply unsure of the process of forcing a spawn out of Wailord. Maybe if someone can simply explain what they did to catch a glimpse of the Pokemon, that would help clear things up.
    If other pokemon are in the water b. If no pokemon are in their, a.

Hi guys, I have a question that doesn't deal too much with in game... Kinda. But I couldn't find it anywhere else and thought this would be the appropriate place to ask. The answer seems kind of obvious, but with the now-live Deoxys event, I'm so tempted to try it. Can I reset the data on a pokemon black 2 or white 2 cartridge and receive the wifi gift everytime I reset? Because if that's the case, then I'm about to have about 60 Deoxys.
    I wanna be... The very best... No, but seriously, I just wanna catch 'em all.
    Also an aspiring competitive player

Add me so we can use each others friend Safari's (I'm Ghost type btw)
    3DS FC: 4957 2690 2453

Any ideas for a good nature for that event Deoxys?
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by magibas View Post
    Hi guys, I have a question that doesn't deal too much with in game... Kinda. But I couldn't find it anywhere else and thought this would be the appropriate place to ask. The answer seems kind of obvious, but with the now-live Deoxys event, I'm so tempted to try it. Can I reset the data on a pokemon black 2 or white 2 cartridge and receive the wifi gift everytime I reset? Because if that's the case, then I'm about to have about 60 Deoxys.
    yes you can...you'd have to get as far as the first badge to trade them off, but then you can reset, rinse, & repeat to get as many as you have the time to do...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Any ideas for a good nature for that event Deoxys?
    What form do you want?

Scenario:

In this scenario, do I:

or

If you enter at 3:15, all you have to do is A.

One thing that people tends to forget, is that the Wailord only appear at the middle of the tunnel (the area with a deep crevice).

So if you enter at 3:15 but wait at the end of the tunnel, of course you'll never going to see it.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    If you enter at 3:15, all you have to do is A.

One thing that people tends to forget, is that the Wailord only appear at the middle of the tunnel (the area with a deep crevice).

So if you enter at 3:15 but wait at the end of the tunnel, of course you'll never going to see it.
    Ah, okay, I get it now!

Thanks Minedreigon and Shine for the answers!
    My Shinies:

Even if i have beaten the game and did most of the post-game events, do i still get acess to the Memory Links events if i didnt played B/W first than B2/W2 ? I'm worried about that since i need them to unlock some of the Medals.
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuragi View Post
    Even if i have beaten the game and did most of the post-game events, do i still get acess to the Memory Links events if i didnt played B/W first than B2/W2 ? I'm worried about that since i need them to unlock some of the Medals.
    i'm a little confused about your question, but i'll try to answer anyway...if you don't have a B/W file to link, then you won't have access to the Memory Link events. it doesn't matter how much of B2/W2 you complete, you need the 1st games to unlock the memories.
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

So, the only way to have acess to them is by having a file from B/W before playing B2/W2 ? If that's the only way... :T
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

If I'm fighting a wild Ditto and it transforms into a Blissey, will it give the Blissey's EV yield or Ditto's natural EV yield?

I'm having a little trouble getting a ditto with it's hidden ability. it is supposed to be only found in the hidden grotto at the giant chasm, but every time i look, there's either useless mulch, worthless item, or a clefairy. I've been persisting this for about a week now (even friends at school let me know about my extreme determination to get it) so does anyone know what i can do to speed this up?
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

Quote Originally Posted by samrules4 View Post
    I'm having a little trouble getting a ditto with it's hidden ability. it is supposed to be only found in the hidden grotto at the giant chasm, but every time i look, there's either useless mulch, worthless item, or a clefairy. I've been persisting this for about a week now (even friends at school let me know about my extreme determination to get it) so does anyone know what i can do to speed this up?
    There is only a 20% chance that a Pokemon will spawn and out of that 20%, Ditto only has 1% chance of spawning. It'll take a lot of luck for him to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    There is only a 20% chance that a Pokemon will spawn and out of that 20%, Ditto only has 1% chance of spawning. It'll take a lot of luck for him to appear.
    so you mean 1% of the 20% (meaning ditto has a total of a 1% chance to appear) or do you mean 1% after 20% (causing the true chance to be 0.2%)
    dwfs i own:

It's just a 1% chance for a Ditto to appear in a Hidden Grotto period.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's just a 1% chance for a Ditto to appear in a Hidden Grotto period.
    wow, i must be pretty unlucky, because out of this entire week, i think i regenerated the grotto about 50-60 times
    dwfs i own:

Are yancy's pokemon SR able for gender?

Unless the Pokémon can only have one gender, then yes. I did with all 12 or so of mine.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

I keep getting the message, "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." when I try to boot my game. Is there anything that can be done to preserve my data?

White Friend Code: 2064-8476-3888 Trainer Name: Touko

Quote Originally Posted by Uikri View Post
    I keep getting the message, "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." when I try to boot my game. Is there anything that can be done to preserve my data?
    Are you taking the game out or putting it in when it is on?

Page 208 of 237 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast