Page 214 of 237 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I have 2 ideas. Try talking to cedric juniper, then going back to her. Either that, or maybe you're missing victini. I'm not sure if it's necessary.
    I tried talking to Cedric and Professor Juniper

Professor Juniper: "Oh, you've seen 300 Pokémon in the Unova Region!" "What a wonderful Pokedex! A little more work, and it'll be complete!"
    "I'm really glad I asked you to do this!" "Keep up the good work!" That's it, nothing else.

When I show it to Cedric, he mentions the Pokémon Transfer Lab on route 15, and that's it. Nothing else there either.
    3DS FC: 2879-0175-7289 Zelda

Friend Safari: Fire Type Ponyta / Braixen / Larvesta

Wants: Other Egg Move Or IV Bred Pokemon ❤

Victini isn't necessary.
    Is there a gap in the Unova dex between entries somewhere?

Are you going by the Unova 'Dex or the New Unova 'Dex?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

If you trade one of N's pokémon to a BW1 game & then trade it back, such as N's Boldore, wil it still have the special glow?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Running into Calem again , while getting the feeling that we're being watched
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Since I'm drawing a mental blank where do I evolve Eevee into Glaceon again?
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Quote Originally Posted by latios reborn View Post
    Since I'm drawing a mental blank where do I evolve Eevee into Glaceon again?
    Twist Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by AmphyLucky13 View Post
    Hi I'm really stuck. I have all 300 Pokémon in the Unova Dex seen, but Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town won't give me the Nature Preserve Permit. Does anyone know why? Would greatly appreciate some help!!
    Get your Pokedex and see if ya missing something. If you battle everyone then you should have most of it clear with some exceptions.

Yanmega and Vesaquen are only found in the wild at certain spots (Rare too). You ca Catch their preform and evolve them to get them that way too.

Skitty (Black2)/Baneray (White 2) can only obtainable through trade. I don't think there is a ingame trade that fices this issue.

Finally, The starter that you and your rival didn't choose. You will come across the 2ed stage and depending on your first game you can fight the 3ed stage with Memory Link. However, you will need to trade to get the 1st stage. If you got those you might have misses something else just check it out.

Hey is it possible for somebody to send my White 2 version the challenge key via WiFi?

If it is possible, would somebody be willing to do it for me?
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Quote Originally Posted by AmphyLucky13 View Post
    I tried talking to Cedric and Professor Juniper

Professor Juniper: "Oh, you've seen 300 Pokémon in the Unova Region!" "What a wonderful Pokedex! A little more work, and it'll be complete!"
    "I'm really glad I asked you to do this!" "Keep up the good work!" That's it, nothing else.

When I show it to Cedric, he mentions the Pokémon Transfer Lab on route 15, and that's it. Nothing else there either.
    You need to have every Pokemon in the New Unova Dex that BCVM linked, EXCEPT for Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. It sounds like you have one or more of those four (making Juniper say "oh you've seen 300 Pokemon), and you are missing one to four of the Pokemon that you DO need.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Hello.

I've been at this for a while and now I'm getting frustrated over it, so I'm reaching out for help.

For some reason, I have not received my 10th call from Curtis in my White 2 game. I had already gotten my 9th call at Undella Town before Post-game, but I have now beaten the Elite 4 and all that. Now, no matter where I go, I'm just not getting my 10th call. I've visited each specific tile, as listed here:
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/droppeditem.shtml
    and have even gone back to tiles I've already triggered just to see what will happen. I've gone to each tile 4 times, and that's just for today alone.

I vaguely remember having nothing happen when I went to the Route 13 tile back before Post-game as well.

What's going on?
    Last edited by VTDisease; 12th June 2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Red View Post
    Hey is it possible for somebody to send my White 2 version the challenge key via WiFi?

If it is possible, would somebody be willing to do it for me?
    It's not, sorry. Keys can only be sent through infrared, which requires both games (and DSes) to be in front of each other.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Hey guys, is there a way I can check how much money I have spent in total in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Hey guys, is there a way I can check how much money I have spent in total in the game?
    other than the medals that you get at certain spending points, no...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Actually, there is a way to check that. First of all, if you haven't done so already, get your Join Avenue to Rank 2, which should be easy enough to do as it only requires 250 points to upgrade, and a new secretary named Gardner will join your Avenue. He will now reside in your office. Speak to him and select "Everybody's Record Rankings" then "Money spent shopping". It will display your total right here.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Okay im seriously struggling to form a well balanced team.
    Ive got Scizor with EV training in ATK and SPD plus the technician ability
    Leafeon Same as scizor.
    Milotic trained in special defense and defense. Or my Lapras in more or less the same manner.

But then im stumped i wanted to use some of my other favorites like Arbok or tyranitar. Maybe even Pidgeot or Manectric. But everyone tells me they are extremely bad and definately would not last long in an online fight.

Are they really that bad and if i use them how can i make them up to the best standard they can be at?
    Hidden ability pokemon for trades.
    (Dream worlds and radars)

Not for trade

Legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
    Okay im seriously struggling to form a well balanced team.
    Ive got Scizor with EV training in ATK and SPD plus the technician ability
    Leafeon Same as scizor.
    Milotic trained in special defense and defense. Or my Lapras in more or less the same manner.

But then im stumped i wanted to use some of my other favorites like Arbok or tyranitar. Maybe even Pidgeot or Manectric. But everyone tells me they are extremely bad and definately would not last long in an online fight.

Are they really that bad and if i use them how can i make them up to the best standard they can be at?
    You need to discuss this in the Competitive subforum, on this thread. But here's the general idea of what you need to do.

You may already know this, but competitively, there are "tiers" of Pokemon of different strengths, because Pokemon all have different Base Stat Totals, which is the sum of each of the Pokemon's base stats. You can find a list of Pokemon by base stat total here. If it isn't already, you can organize that list by total base stat by clicking on that column heading. Arceus has the highest Base Stat Total, at 720.

Now, this is important competitively because Pokemon with higher BSTs have higher stats than ones with lower BST, obviously. This is where tiers come into play. In order for players to be able to use their favorite Pokemon competitively, "tiers" have been established that group Pokemon based on their overall power, moveset, and BST. Manectric is in RU, for "Rarely Used", and Arbok is in NU, for "Never Used". Very powerful Pokemon, like Garchomp and Infernape, are in OU, for "Overused". Most legendary Pokemon are in Uber. Because most Uber legendary Pokemon are banned in the Wifi battles, 99% of the time, when you log on to Nintendo Wifi to battle people, you will find people using Pokemon in the OU (and sometimes UU) tier because they are the strongest allowed. In addition to this, most people on Wifi battles have IV-bred and EV-trained their Pokemon to max out their stats even further, as well as breeding for the perfect nature and ability. You can find a list of which Pokemon are in which tiers here.

Because of this, the Pokemon you want to use - Manectric and Arbok - will have lower speed, attack, HP, everything - than almost ANY Pokemon that you will be fighting online. You can use these Pokemon if you want to, but because they have such low stats compared to things in the OU tier, you will most likely not win any battles, even if you breed for IVs, nature, and ability, and EV-train, because these Pokemon just naturally are unable to take hits from 31-IV, fully EV-trained OU Pokemon. Each of these Pokemon have counterparts who can do their job better - Manectric with Magnezone and Arbok with Toxicroak.

Scizor and Tyranitar, on the other hand, are competitively viable. I use a Scizor online sometimes. Tyranitar is only really useful if you're going to make a Sandstorm team because of his many weaknesses. Milotic isn't actually too bad either; she's in UU (underused) rather than OU, but UU Pokemon are often seen in the Wifi battles as well. I sometimes use Milotic, too

To answer your question, you can use RU and NU Pokemon online, but even at their best, they won't be able to stand up to the hordes of Garchomp, Latios, and Infernape that rule the online Wifi battles. If you want to use them, you will have to make sure that they have halfway decent IVs, are fully EV-trained, are using their abilities correctly, and have a wide range of coverage moves. It's best if you put together a team that works in sync, rather than a conglomeration of your favorite Pokemon that can't help each other. That's the best way to win these battles. If you want to use RU and NU Pokemon competitively, you can look on the Competitive Forums or put in your signature that you are looking for battles in those tiers. People around here will happily battle you!

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You need to discuss this in the Competitive subforum, on this thread. But here's the general idea of what you need to do.

You may already know this, but competitively, there are "tiers" of Pokemon of different strengths, because Pokemon all have different Base Stat Totals, which is the sum of each of the Pokemon's base stats. You can find a list of Pokemon by base stat total here. If it isn't already, you can organize that list by total base stat by clicking on that column heading. Arceus has the highest Base Stat Total, at 720.

Now, this is important competitively because Pokemon with higher BSTs have higher stats than ones with lower BST, obviously. This is where tiers come into play. In order for players to be able to use their favorite Pokemon competitively, "tiers" have been established that group Pokemon based on their overall power, moveset, and BST. Manectric is in RU, for "Rarely Used", and Arbok is in NU, for "Never Used". Very powerful Pokemon, like Garchomp and Infernape, are in OU, for "Overused". Most legendary Pokemon are in Uber. Because most Uber legendary Pokemon are banned in the Wifi battles, 99% of the time, when you log on to Nintendo Wifi to battle people, you will find people using Pokemon in the OU (and sometimes UU) tier because they are the strongest allowed. In addition to this, most people on Wifi battles have IV-bred and EV-trained their Pokemon to max out their stats even further, as well as breeding for the perfect nature and ability. You can find a list of which Pokemon are in which tiers here.

Because of this, the Pokemon you want to use - Manectric and Arbok - will have lower speed, attack, HP, everything - than almost ANY Pokemon that you will be fighting online. You can use these Pokemon if you want to, but because they have such low stats compared to things in the OU tier, you will most likely not win any battles, even if you breed for IVs, nature, and ability, and EV-train, because these Pokemon just naturally are unable to take hits from 31-IV, fully EV-trained OU Pokemon. Each of these Pokemon have counterparts who can do their job better - Manectric with Magnezone and Arbok with Toxicroak.

Scizor and Tyranitar, on the other hand, are competitively viable. I use a Scizor online sometimes. Tyranitar is only really useful if you're going to make a Sandstorm team because of his many weaknesses. Milotic isn't actually too bad either; she's in UU (underused) rather than OU, but UU Pokemon are often seen in the Wifi battles as well. I sometimes use Milotic, too

To answer your question, you can use RU and NU Pokemon online, but even at their best, they won't be able to stand up to the hordes of Garchomp, Latios, and Infernape that rule the online Wifi battles. If you want to use them, you will have to make sure that they have halfway decent IVs, are fully EV-trained, are using their abilities correctly, and have a wide range of coverage moves. It's best if you put together a team that works in sync, rather than a conglomeration of your favorite Pokemon that can't help each other. That's the best way to win these battles. If you want to use RU and NU Pokemon competitively, you can look on the Competitive Forums or put in your signature that you are looking for battles in those tiers. People around here will happily battle you!
    To be honest i didnt know any of this. I apologise for the out of place topic and thank you for the information provided. I know how to EV train i just dont really know much about IV's there is an explanation on this site i know but it kind of goes over my head.
    It's a shame that Arbok especially cant match up to much i do very much like him.
    But i have others that i would use. As for OU pokemon i think i would really rather not. No real value in winning with something everyone uses.
    More so of an achievement winning with something no one expects. I hope in X and Y pokemon are a little more balanced and some lower tier pokemon are given some boosts highly doubtful though
    Hidden ability pokemon for trades.
    (Dream worlds and radars)

Not for trade

Legendaries

I am currently trying to EV train my level 5 Pikachu, it is currently holding a power bracer.

Where are all the spots/best spots in the game where i can EV train my Pikachu in attack?
    Deoxys chaser

3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    I am currently trying to EV train my level 5 Pikachu, it is currently holding a power bracer.

Where are all the spots/best spots in the game where i can EV train my Pikachu in attack?
    In B2/W2, here are the best EV-training spots:

HP: Route 8
    Palpitoad and Stunfisk
    2 HP each
    100% encounter rate
    Surfing

Attack: Victory Road 1F
    Banette and Golurk
    100% encounter rate (combined)

Route 19
    Patrat
    1 Atk
    50% encounter rate; 100% rustling grass

Defense
    : Relic Castle 1F
    Sandshrew and Yamask
    1 Def each
    60% encounter rate

Sp. Atk: Celestial Tower 1F
    Litwick
    100% encounter rate
    1 SpA

Sp. Def: Verbank City
    Frillish
    1 SpD
    100% encounter rate
    Surfing

Speed: Route 1, Route 19
    Basculin
    100% encounter rate
    2 Spe
    Surfing

Also, keep in mind that if you give your Pikachu Pokerus, you will double the number of EVs it gets, stacked with the Power Bracer. It will cut your training time in half.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 20th June 2013 at 8:39 PM.

-------

Thanks for the reply, what about when it gets to a much higher level? it will take ages to train against level 1-4 patrat :/.

Also how can I give it pokerus?
    Deoxys chaser

Thanks for the reply, what about when it gets to a much higher level? it will take ages to train against level 1-4 patrat :/.

Also how can I give it pokerus?
    The only way to get PokeRus is from another Pokemon, so you'll have to find a Pokemon with it first.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The only way to get PokeRus is from another Pokemon, so you'll have to find a Pokemon with it first.
    Yeah i thought so :/
    Deoxys chaser

Yeah i thought so :/
    I just figured out that if you've gotten to Victory Road, you can EV-train for Attack on 1F. Banette and Golurk give 2 Atk each and you have a 100% encounter rate for them combined. I'll edit my previous post to say that.

Also, I have Pokerus if you'd like it. I'll give it to you fo' free; just PM me.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I just figured out that if you've gotten to Victory Road, you can EV-train for Attack on 1F. Banette and Golurk give 2 Atk each and you have a 100% encounter rate for them combined. I'll edit my previous post to say that.

Also, I have Pokerus if you'd like it. I'll give it to you fo' free; just PM me.
    Sent you a PM (before i read this.)

PS. thanks for the help, appreciate it
    Deoxys chaser

Has this happened to you? You run into a wild pokemon and it appears to have the ability Illusion. You catch it and the game tells you that it already has an OT. You investigate and find that the pokemon's OT was N.

Page 214 of 237 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast