Page 159 of 238 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5937

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Please, please, please! I really need more Luck Eggs than the one Juniper gives you at the Celestial Tower. Can someone name all the ways to get another one *WITHOUT* trading? Can the Ace Trainer at Route 9 give off Lucky Eggs such as in B/W??

If I hatch a pokémon can the pokémon have a chance of holding an item such as the ones who are wild?

If I catch a pokémon in a Hidden Grotto and it has a hidden ability and if I breed it will the offspring carry the same secret ability?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Please, please, please! I really need more Luck Eggs than the one Juniper gives you at the Celestial Tower. Can someone name all the ways to get another one *WITHOUT* trading? Can the Ace Trainer at Route 9 give off Lucky Eggs such as in B/W?? I think Juniper is the only way to get the Lucky Egg in BW2

If I hatch a pokémon can the pokémon have a chance of holding an item such as the ones who are wild? no

If I catch a pokémon in a Hidden Grotto and it has a hidden ability and if I breed it will the offspring carry the same secret ability? yes, but only a female will have a chance to pass on the ability and it's not 100% so you might have to breed a few eggs before getting the right ability

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    answers in bold
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Question if my Aggron got heavy metal that means Heavy Slam double but if I gave him a Lagging Tail could Heavy Slam triple in power?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Question if my Aggron got heavy metal that means Heavy Slam double but if I gave him a Lagging Tail could Heavy Slam triple in power?
    Lagging Tail only affects speed priority, as far as I can tell. There's no info I can find that says it affects the weight of the pokemon. So Lagging Tail shouldn't boost Heavy Slam.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 9th December 2012 at 6:43 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    That's not how the power of Heavy Slam works.

If you're less than 2 times as heavy as your foe, it has 40 power.
    If you're between 2 and 3 times as heavy as your foe, it has 60 power.
    If you're between 3 and 4 times as heavy as your foe, it has 80 power.
    If you're between 4 and 5 times as heavy as your foe, it has 100 power.
    If you're more than 5 times as heavy as your foe, it has 120 power.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

How does the move 'Beat Up' work in gen 5? I couldn't find anything through search.

"Beat Up's power is now based solely on the user's base attack (rather than each team member individually), divided by 10, with 5 power added to the result. Beat Up no longer lists the Pokémon that is using Beat Up, and has a chance of landing a critical hit for each hit. Beat Up now receives STAB from Dark-type users and no longer deals typeless damage. Beat Up ignores changes to stat levels like from Swords Dance, but each hit does increase in power from attack boosting items like Choice Band, provided that that item is held by the user."

That's what I found on the internet. If I understand right; say my Pokémon has a 300 attack stat, that'd mean 300/10+5=35 per healthy party member. So 35x6=210. That'd mean a Pokémon with an attacking stat of 300, with 5 other healthy members, would be able to strike with a 210 base attack move with a chance of landing a critical hit every time and it would ignore defense boosting moves. That's one nasty move, if that's true. Probably too good to be true, so I'm probably wrong.

So, does anyone know how this move actually works in gen 5?

I'm not convinced about that Luck Egg answer, sorry! What about the Ace Trainer who dispenses items on Route 13? What about Pickup?

I'm not convinced about that Luck Egg answer, sorry! What about the Ace Trainer who dispenses items on Route 13? What about Pickup?
    In Black 2 and White 2 you only get the one from Juniper.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

i need to change a burmy's form to the pink trash one, i need somewhere inside a building that i can run from a battle...sounds weird, i know, but it's what i need...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post
    How does the move 'Beat Up' work in gen 5? I couldn't find anything through search.

"Beat Up's power is now based solely on the user's base attack (rather than each team member individually), divided by 10, with 5 power added to the result. Beat Up no longer lists the Pokémon that is using Beat Up, and has a chance of landing a critical hit for each hit. Beat Up now receives STAB from Dark-type users and no longer deals typeless damage. Beat Up ignores changes to stat levels like from Swords Dance, but each hit does increase in power from attack boosting items like Choice Band, provided that that item is held by the user."

That's what I found on the internet. If I understand right; say my Pokémon has a 300 attack stat, that'd mean 300/10+5=35 per healthy party member. So 35x6=210. That'd mean a Pokémon with an attacking stat of 300, with 5 other healthy members, would be able to strike with a 210 base attack move with a chance of landing a critical hit every time and it would ignore defense boosting moves. That's one nasty move, if that's true. Probably too good to be true, so I'm probably wrong.

BASE attack, not the actual attack stat. So if a Weavile used it (any Weavile), each hit would have 120/10+5=17 power, which would add up to 102 power for six hits.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Actually if you look at the BW2 pickup page it does say lucky egg as a 1% chance from levels 41-50 or 51-60 Proof:http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/pickup.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    BASE attack, not the actual attack stat. So if a Weavile used it (any Weavile), each hit would have 120/10+5=17 power, which would add up to 102 power for six hits.
    Thanks, that's sounds more logical! What about the STAB for Weavile, though? Would that mean 17x1.5=25,5? Not sure if that's rounded off to 25, 26 or stays at 25,5. That'd mean a 150, 153 or 156 power attack for six hits.

Thanks, that's sounds more logical! What about the STAB for Weavile, though? Would that mean 17x1.5=25,5? Not sure if that's rounded off to 25, 26 or stays at 25,5. That'd mean a 150, 153 or 156 power attack for six hits.
    You don't apply STAB until after you factor in crits and damage variation, but when you do, you round the damage down if the decimal part is <=0.5, and up if the decimal part is >0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    You don't apply STAB until after you factor in crits and damage variation, but when you do, you round the damage down if the decimal part is <=0.5, and up if the decimal part is >0.5.
    Thanks man! This cleared things up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There's a character in one of the houses on the bridge right around that spot who will tell you he/she (I forget) has been hearing voices. When you find the girl practicing her singing underneath the bridge and then she kicks you out, go back to the first character - he/she will be glad to know they weren't hearing voices and I think you get an item out of the deal.
    I did that before, I don't recall her giving me anything. What was she suppose to give?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

I'm a newbie in the Battle Subway. After defeating Ingo on the Single Train do I have to move to the Super Single Train to continue my streak?

The highest power Beat Up is capable of having per hit is 17 before STAB is applied, assuming it's being used by Weavile, who has a base attack stat of 120.

That said, it's really not that strong, as you need to account for the fact that the multiple hits also mean it's being reduced by the target's defense multiple times, as well.

I'm a newbie in the Battle Subway. After defeating Ingo on the Single Train do I have to move to the Super Single Train to continue my streak?
    Yes. Your streak ends after beating Ingo on the Single Train.

If you're going for BP, though, it's best to just keep repeating the Single Train or do the World Leaders tournament at the PWT.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 9th December 2012 at 10:49 PM.

I have a jolly Growlithe that I bred on white 2 should I go with smogons 252 attack/176 speed/72hp/8sp.defence or a 252/attack/252speed like I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    I did that before, I don't recall her giving me anything. What was she suppose to give?
    She gave me some Sitrus Berry (the girl on the bridge not the one rehearsing in secret).

And hello fellow portuguese friend

Can you re-battle Colress daily?
    Deoxys chaser

3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    Can you re-battle Colress daily?
    From what I've seen, no. You have to wait until the next day. You can tamper with the DS's clock. I think it won't affect his battles.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    I have a jolly Growlithe that I bred on white 2 should I go with smogons 252 attack/176 speed/72hp/8sp.defence or a 252/attack/252speed like I want to do.
    It depends what you're going to use it for, hahaha. Smogon's spread is one tailored for competitive battling so it outruns specific threats. If you're not going to use it for competitive battling, you can go with the 252/252 spread if you want.

So you can battle him daily (once a day) thanks
    Deoxys chaser

3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    So you can battle him daily (once a day) thanks
    You're welcome. Be sure to check the other "Strong trainers" in the game for that extra experience milestone. I know I do them quite often.

Not sure if there is a thread but I need someone to send me the Iron Key so I can catch Registeel.

Much appreciated!
    FC: 4814 4827 9868

Use Nat as your referrer!

Shiny
    Legendaries

Page 159 of 238 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast