Page 190 of 237 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

In the case of a Pokemon with Serene Grace that is holding a King's Rock, would the 10% flinching boost come before or after the effects of Serene Grace are applied? I've been finding a ton of conflicting information online, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone knew the answer.

For example, I have a Jirachi with Iron Head and Zen Headbutt.

Would the formula read like this:

Zen Headbutt --> 20% inherent flinching chance + 10% King's Rock flinching chance = 30% flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) --> 60% total flinching chance
    Iron Head --> 30% inherent flinching chance + 10% King's Rock flinching chance = 40% flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) --> 80% flinching chance

Or this?

Zen Headbutt --> 20% inherent flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) = 40% flinching chance + 10 % King's Rock flinching chance --> 50% total flinching chance
    Iron Head --> 30% inherent flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) = 60% flinching chance + 10 % King's Rock flinching chance --> 70% total flinching chance

Also, as one final question, are there any differences between Generations IV and V with respect to all this?
    Last edited by Earendil; 8th February 2013 at 3:52 PM.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by frootquake View Post
    So I either want a Walrein or a Lapras in my Pokemon Black 2 game, pre- elite four. I know that Lapras is really hard to find, so is it worth getting one, or should I just catch a Spheal and level it up?

Thanks!
    The way I caught my Lapras was to unlock the Exploring pass power by completing missions from the Entralink, then I bought a bunch of Max Repels and went surfing round Village Bridge. Using the Exploring power makes surf spots appear more often, and I lucked out and found a Lapras within minutes. Just remember that only 5% of these surfing spots are Lapras, so it might take considerably longer if you're unlucky.
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

So my plan for a long time was to get a Swinub with Thick Fat, Avalanche & Icicle Crash and I want to know how possible this is, I originally had a plan set out but now it got to a point where it's confusing lol

Basically I need help outlining this whole thing, breeding, passing down Ability & moves
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    So my plan for a long time was to get a Swinub with Thick Fat, Avalanche & Icicle Crash and I want to know how possible this is, I originally had a plan set out but now it got to a point where it's confusing lol

Basically I need help outlining this whole thing, breeding, passing down Ability & moves

The only way to do it is through Beartic. You're lucky that this is a simple chain breeding, not a complex one.

Breed a male something with Avalanche, with a female Beartic. The offspring will be a Cubchoo that knows Avalanche. Get a male one, then level it up until it evolves into Beartic and learn Icicle Crash.

Now, breed that male Beartic with Avalanche and Icicle Crash, with a female Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine that has Thick Fat as its ability, the offspring will be a Swinub that knows both Avalanche and Icicle Crash, keep breeding until you get the one that has Thick Fat as its ability.

The only problem, is that there's nothing in 5th Gen that learns Avalanche via level up. You have to teach it in 4th Gen via the TM, then transfer it to 5th Gen.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    In the case of a Pokemon with Serene Grace that is holding a King's Rock, would the 10% flinching boost come before or after the effects of Serene Grace are applied? I've been finding a ton of conflicting information online, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone knew the answer.

For example, I have a Jirachi with Iron Head and Zen Headbutt.

Would the formula read like this:

Zen Headbutt --> 20% inherent flinching chance + 10% King's Rock flinching chance = 30% flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) --> 60% total flinching chance
    Iron Head --> 30% inherent flinching chance + 10% King's Rock flinching chance = 40% flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) --> 80% flinching chance

Or this?

Zen Headbutt --> 20% inherent flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) = 40% flinching chance + 10 % King's Rock flinching chance --> 50% total flinching chance
    Iron Head --> 30% inherent flinching chance x 2 (Serene Grace) = 60% flinching chance + 10 % King's Rock flinching chance --> 70% total flinching chance

Also, as one final question, are there any differences between Generations IV and V with respect to all this?
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Two questions guys. I'm in W2.

How do I get to the high places of Icirrus City? And how do I get to Anville town?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Two questions guys. I'm in W2.

How do I get to the high places of Icirrus City? And how do I get to Anville town?

Thanks!

Wait til winter, the snow will make ramps to the cliffs in Irricus. And take the brown train in the battle subway for anville town.

Is it possible to trade a pokemon from a B2/W2 area like virbank Complex over too B/W ? like if i wanted to trade Magby from Black 2 over to my completed white version, can I?

Also, wasnt sure if this question went in the B/W or B2/W2 section.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    Is it possible to trade a pokemon from a B2/W2 area like virbank Complex over too B/W ? like if i wanted to trade Magby from Black 2 over to my completed white version, can I?

Also, wasnt sure if this question went in the B/W or B2/W2 section.
    You most certainly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The only way to do it is through Beartic. You're lucky that this is a simple chain breeding, not a complex one.

Breed a male something with Avalanche, with a female Beartic. The offspring will be a Cubchoo that knows Avalanche. Get a male one, then level it up until it evolves into Beartic and learn Icicle Crash.

Now, breed that male Beartic with Avalanche and Icicle Crash, with a female Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine that has Thick Fat as its ability, the offspring will be a Swinub that knows both Avalanche and Icicle Crash, keep breeding until you get the one that has Thick Fat as its ability.

The only problem, is that there's nothing in 5th Gen that learns Avalanche via level up. You have to teach it in 4th Gen via the TM, then transfer it to 5th Gen.
    It worked! Thanks alot
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Chase23 View Post
    Wait til winter, the snow will make ramps to the cliffs in Irricus. And take the brown train in the battle subway for anville town.
    Thanks so much buddy! You're too kind!

I havea problem in random matchup in pokemon Black 2. I was about to leave battling before the assistant could give me my battle points when I turned off my 3DS, and when I tried to battle again, the assistant said that I have to wait for an hour, so I waited but it has passed a week and I can not Still connect to random matchup, what is happening?

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

I'm just wondering how exactly I can get a Shedinja with Swords Dance. I've read sets including Swords Dance but he doesn't learn it through level up or TM.
    The only real Persian is a shiny Persian.

Platinum Friend Code: 2149-9791-3574
    White Friend Code: 5029-3447-3273

Per Bulbapedia:

Prior to Generation V, if Nincada learns a move upon evolving into Ninjask, Shedinja will also know this move. This means that Shedinja can learn any of Ninjask's level up moves starting at level 20, but only the ones learned at the same level. In Generation V, Shedinja starts with the moves Nincada knew prior to evolution.
    If I'm reading that right, I believe it would mean that prior to Generation V, if you delayed Nincada's evolution until Lv. 25, it would evolve to Ninjask, learn Swords Dance and then split into a Shedinja that also knew Swords Dance

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

These questions are probably well know info around here but,

How do you activate challenge mode at the beginning of your journey?
    I know there is some kind of compatibility with BW in terms of story or whatever, how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by RiRiGaGaLover View Post
    These questions are probably well know info around here but,

How do you activate challenge mode at the beginning of your journey?
    I know there is some kind of compatibility with BW in terms of story or whatever, how does that work?
    1. You need someone else to share their challenge key with you before you start your game.

2. There are two ways of using Memory Link. You can either do it by using two DS systems (one with B2/W2, one with B/W), or by using Game Sync with B/W to get a code to enter into BW2. In both cases, you set up Memory Link by going into Unova Link from the main menu.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    1. You need someone else to share their challenge key with you before you start your game.

2. There are two ways of using Memory Link. You can either do it by using two DS systems (one with B2/W2, one with B/W), or by using Game Sync with B/W to get a code to enter into BW2. In both cases, you set up Memory Link by going into Unova Link from the main menu.
    How do you share a challenge key? Do you have to be with the person, or can you do it over wifi or whatever with someone far away?

Quote Originally Posted by RiRiGaGaLover View Post
    How do you share a challenge key? Do you have to be with the person, or can you do it over wifi or whatever with someone far away?
    Local wireless only.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I'm not sure if something like this has already been asked (there is A LOT of pages an I'm too lazy to search). but i was wondering about the trainer card colors.
    On serebii it says that i need to get lvl 30 for black entree OR white. I got white 31 but no new card color T.T... unless I'm seriously mistaken about something i dunno what to believe anymore :P
    What am i supposed to do to get new trainer star/color?
    Every other site tells me different things... if someone could shed a little light on this, it would be much appreciated!

If it didn't change then it probably should say and instead of or. Some topic on gamefaqs said both need to be 30 if that means anything.

What's the quickest way to level up entree forest's black or white level?
    White 2 FC: 2108 6583 8241
    HeartGold Badge Quest:

My shiny pics: http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...y/My%20shinies

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Per Bulbapedia:

If I'm reading that right, I believe it would mean that prior to Generation V, if you delayed Nincada's evolution until Lv. 25, it would evolve to Ninjask, learn Swords Dance and then split into a Shedinja that also knew Swords Dance
    Oh thank GOD, I remember doing that back in Generation III, I'm glad that I don't have to track down a Generation III game since the only one I currently own is Firered which doesn't have Nincada. And I don't have a DS with Game Boy Advance compatibility anymore either.

Thanks for your Help.
    The only real Persian is a shiny Persian.

Platinum Friend Code: 2149-9791-3574
    White Friend Code: 5029-3447-3273

Hey guys, quick question.

Can I give TMs to my Pokémon from Platinum and transfer them to White2?

No, Pokémon holding items can not be transferred.
    White 2 FC: 2108 6583 8241
    HeartGold Badge Quest:

My shiny pics: http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...y/My%20shinies

Items can not be transferred from Generation 4 to Generation 5.

You can teach them TMs, but can't give them TMs to hold.

Edit: The above is correct, didn't see it when posting.

Page 190 of 237 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast