Page 199 of 237 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

  1. #4951
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    in b2W2, I'd suggest Patrat, Pidove, and Lillipup in Floccesy Ranch.
    I have a lvl 60 hitmonchan that will take forever lol
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  2. #4952
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    Best places to Ev train ATK in the game?
    Route 4. There's a 75% chance that you'll encounter a pokemon that gives 1 Attack EV. The last 25% is Mincinno/Trubbish depending on your version.
    By going into Chargestone Cave(or most caves really) a dustcloud will always give you Drilbur/Excadrill, but they can take a while to actually turn up and there's a chance you'll get an evo stone or shard.

    I should probably note that in BW1 Route 4 didn't have Mincinno/Trubbish and you just get Attack EVs. BW Route 1 is also ideal for this.

    EDIT: Scratch that, BW2 Route 1 has a 90% chance of giving Herdier or Watchog which both give 2 Atk EVs.

    I have a lvl 60 hitmonchan that will take forever lol
    The amount of EVs you get is completely unrelated to level. If anything, a high level pokemon means that you can KO them faster.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 24th March 2013 at 5:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  3. #4953
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    The amount of EVs you get is completely unrelated to level. If anything, a high level pokemon means that you can KO them faster.[/QUOTE]

    Thanks for your help route one it is and i meant it would take forever to level up.
    Last edited by johnyboy169; 24th March 2013 at 5:50 PM.
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  4. #4954
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    I dunno if im doing anything wrong but im using my hitmonchan holding power bracer to KO herdiers and watchdogs but im still earing 2 for ATK when im levelling up :/.

    Any ideas?
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  5. #4955
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    I dunno if im doing anything wrong but im using my hitmonchan holding power bracer to KO herdiers and watchdogs but im still earing 2 for ATK when im levelling up :/.

    Any ideas?
    EVs are counted immediately after the battle ends in Gen 5. Your attack is steadily going up as you fight pokemon instead of going up loads at each levelup. Go do a battle or two and then check you attack stat again; it should have raised slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  6. #4956
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    EVs are counted immediately after the battle ends in Gen 5. Your attack is steadily going up as you fight pokemon instead of going up loads at each levelup. Go do a battle or two and then check you attack stat again; it should have raised slightly.
    okay do you mean check it when i level up? btw it is now going up by 3 so will it keep rising?
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  7. #4957
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    My Pokemon White 2's date is malfunctioning.. The date is 3/24/2013 but it says that it's Autumn even though it should be Spring. What should I do?

  8. #4958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcross74 View Post
    My Pokemon White 2's date is malfunctioning.. The date is 3/24/2013 but it says that it's Autumn even though it should be Spring. What should I do?
    March is Autumn. It doesn't follow real life seasons. It changes every month.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  9. #4959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Is there any movie in the Pokéstar Studios that can gross more than 500 billion with a good ending?
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

    Hoenn will rise again!!

    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]


    Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

    3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

  10. #4960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    Is there any movie in the Pokéstar Studios that can gross more than 500 billion with a good ending?
    I got it with Invaders 4, the Giant Woman 4, and Everlasting Memories 4, and that was with the rental Pokemon.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  11. #4961
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I got it with Invaders 4, the Giant Woman 4, and Everlasting Memories 4, and that was with the rental Pokemon.
    Really? With GOOD endings? I had a good ending on Invaders 4 and just got 278... maybe I could get more, but would I be able do make such a difference still with the same kind of ending? Don't I really have to get a strange ending somewhere in order to unlock Full Metal Cop?
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

    Hoenn will rise again!!

    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]


    Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

    3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

  12. #4962
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    okay do you mean check it when i level up? btw it is now going up by 3 so will it keep rising?
    No, I mean check after a few battles. The easiest way to see this effect is to take a pokemon to the Dojo in the Join Avenue and pick a high level training session like Spatk lvl 24 or something. Check your stats before and after and you'll see that they have risen a bit, despite you not levelling up at all.

    I'm not quite sure why it is rising as you levelup, as, if you ignore EVs, stats should go up at a constant rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  13. #4963
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arcturus Station
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcross74 View Post
    My Pokemon White 2's date is malfunctioning.. The date is 3/24/2013 but it says that it's Autumn even though it should be Spring. What should I do?
    It is, in fact, Autumn this month in the game. April will be Winter and then May will be Spring. It is working as it should.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter Tumblr

  14. #4964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    Really? With GOOD endings? I had a good ending on Invaders 4 and just got 278... maybe I could get more, but would I be able do make such a difference still with the same kind of ending? Don't I really have to get a strange ending somewhere in order to unlock Full Metal Cop?
    Maybe it has something to do with my star ranking? I got strange endings on a lot of movies before I attempted to do them at all.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  15. #4965
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi guys, is there any way I could borrow a shiny charm from someone to use the masuda method? I completely understand if no one wants to let me borrow it but I'm tired of trying to chain pokemon! I've chained 64 Subbull, 55 Geodudes, 45 ponytas, and 39 Floatziels without getting a single shiny. If I'm in the wrong place to asking this I'm sorry, I'm new here. Any help would be awesome,thanks!

  16. #4966
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Pharaoh View Post
    Hi guys, is there any way I could borrow a shiny charm from someone to use the masuda method? I completely understand if no one wants to let me borrow it but I'm tired of trying to chain pokemon! I've chained 64 Subbull, 55 Geodudes, 45 ponytas, and 39 Floatziels without getting a single shiny. If I'm in the wrong place to asking this I'm sorry, I'm new here. Any help would be awesome,thanks!
    Sorry, the Shiny Charm is a Key Item and can't be traded. Besides, the Masuda Method in Gen V is still good on its own.



    3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

  17. #4967
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Darn it. :/ Oh well, thank you for the response. Do you think I should try the method or just keep chaining on pearl? Honestly I'm beginning to doubt the chaining method. -_____-

  18. #4968
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    With the competition ending tomorrow, do I have to wait until tomorrow before I can take my 'mons out the Battle Box or I can cancel my participation now without worrying that all my battles would have been for nothing...this is my first competition btw
    Planned OR Team:


    Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

    3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

  19. #4969
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    No, I mean check after a few battles. The easiest way to see this effect is to take a pokemon to the Dojo in the Join Avenue and pick a high level training session like Spatk lvl 24 or something. Check your stats before and after and you'll see that they have risen a bit, despite you not levelling up at all.

    I'm not quite sure why it is rising as you levelup, as, if you ignore EVs, stats should go up at a constant rate.
    When i take him to the Dojo the guy says "hes already strong!", and i mean when it levels up its ATK is currently going up by 3.
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  20. #4970
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    No, I mean check after a few battles. The easiest way to see this effect is to take a pokemon to the Dojo in the Join Avenue and pick a high level training session like Spatk lvl 24 or something. Check your stats before and after and you'll see that they have risen a bit, despite you not levelling up at all.

    I'm not quite sure why it is rising as you levelup, as, if you ignore EVs, stats should go up at a constant rate.
    When i take him to the Dojo the guy says "hes already strong!", and i mean when it levels up its ATK is currently going up by 3.
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  21. #4971
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    When i take him to the Dojo the guy says "hes already strong!", and i mean when it levels up its ATK is currently going up by 3.
    That means you've either a) maxed out your attack EVs or b) maxed out your overall EVs. For the record, with the Power Bracer, you only need to fight 42 Herdiers/Watchogs to max out your attack stat so if you think you've fought that many you can stop EV training in attack.


    What HMs do you need to get through Victory Road? More specifically, do you need Cut? I know it is used at one point, but I'm not sure whether I might miss something significant like the entire forest area on Route 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  22. #4972
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    That means you've either a) maxed out your attack EVs or b) maxed out your overall EVs. For the record, with the Power Bracer, you only need to fight 42 Herdiers/Watchogs to max out your attack stat so if you think you've fought that many you can stop EV training in attack.


    What HMs do you need to get through Victory Road? More specifically, do you need Cut? I know it is used at one point, but I'm not sure whether I might miss something significant like the entire forest area on Route 23.
    I used proteins so i think that maxed out its ATK, i have only faced about 10-20 i think at the moment. So does that mean i have finished EV training it?

    And you need Flash,Cut,Surf, Strength and waterfall
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  23. #4973
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    I used proteins so i think that maxed out its ATK, i have only faced about 10-20 i think at the moment. So does that mean i have finished EV training it?
    Proteins only raise its attack to 100. 20 Watchog/Herdier would only give you 120 EVs, unless you have Pokérus. So yeah, minimum 6 more battles.

    And I must ask, did you use EV reducing berries beforehand? Or have you EV trained it from lvl 1? If not, then you probably have a ton of unwanted EVs in other stats that means you may have reached the EV total of 510.

    And you need Flash,Cut,Surf, Strength and waterfall
    I swear Waterfall is a postgame HM, so I don't know why I'd need it for Victory Road, unless its used to access special parts of N's castle. Anyway, with that many HMs I'll probably need an HM slave like Psyduck.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 25th March 2013 at 4:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  24. #4974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Proteins only raise its attack to 100. 20 Watchog/Herdier would only give you 120 EVs, unless you have Pokérus. So yeah, minimum 6 more battles.

    And I must ask, did you use EV reducing berries beforehand? Or have you EV trained it from lvl 1? If not, then you probably have a ton of unwanted EVs in other stats that means you may have reached the EV total of 510.

    And you need Flash,Cut,Surf, Strength and waterfall
    [/QUOTE]

    I didn't use any EV reducing berries, but i did use other drugs to raise its other stats so yeah i probably have a lot of unwanted EVS in other stats :/ is there anything i can do?
    Deoxys chaser

    3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

    PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

  25. #4975
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post

    I didn't use any EV reducing berries, but i did use other drugs to raise its other stats so yeah i probably have a lot of unwanted EVS in other stats :/ is there anything i can do?
    Use the EV reducing berries. You can get them via the DW.

    Pomeg reduces HP.
    Kelpsy reduces attack.
    Qualot reduces Defence.
    Hondew reduces Spatk.
    Grepa reduces Spdef.
    Tamato reduces Speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 199 of 237 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •