Page 210 of 237 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post

Having saved the WFC settings to some of my game cards (W2 with my DS Lite, B2 with my DSi), would switching consoles and saving over the original file delete my save file? I’m a bit curious because the manual states that important information may be lost if you save over the original data using a different console. I'm confused about what you're asking here. Are you worried that taking your cartridge out of one console and putting it in the other (i.e., take W2 out of the DS Lite and put it in the DSi) will delete your save data? If that's what you're asking, then no, your save data will not be deleted. If you are asking if you take your W2 out of the DS Lite, put it in the DSi, and then proceed to start a new game and save that new game, then YES, that will delete your save data. The save data is not stored on the console like a PS3 or an Xbox 360. It is stored in the cartridge. That's why you can take the cartridge out of one system, put it in another, and your game will still be there.
    My question was a bit unclear, my apologies.

I was going to ask: If I have already saved the WFC settings with one of my game cards on a particular console, would playing that game card/cartridge on another console delete my save file if I saved a new WFC setting with that cartridge using the new console? (Without selecting New Game).

I meant selecting Continue and saving over the original file after connecting to WFC on the new console.

Thank you very much for your kind response, I highly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrUmPzTeR View Post
    My question was a bit unclear, my apologies.

I was going to ask: If I have already saved the WFC settings with one of my game cards on a particular console, would playing that game card/cartridge on another console delete my save file if I saved a new WFC setting with that cartridge using the new console? (Without selecting New Game).

I meant selecting Continue and saving over the original file after connecting to WFC on the new console.

Thank you very much for your kind response, I highly appreciate it.
    No, it only erases any Wi-Fi data, your friends and such.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, it only erases any Wi-Fi data, your friends and such.
    I see.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    If it's an interactible Pokemon, then every time you reload the game the sitting Pokemon will have newly generated stats, nature, gender (if it has genders), and abilities (if it has multiple).

If you mean for a Pokemon you already own, though, then no.
    It was for interactible ones, specifically, the ones you find in the Hidden Grotto.
    Woohoo, neat Hidden Abilities, here i go.
    Thanks, Rayze.
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuragi View Post
    It was for interactible ones, specifically, the ones you find in the Hidden Grotto.
    Woohoo, neat Hidden Abilities, here i go.
    Thanks, Rayze.
    Oh, crap, wait wait!

... Hidden Grottoes are an exception. ._.;

The Pokemon that you find in a hidden grotto has its gender and species pre-determined when it's spawned. You can still SR for its nature and IVs, just not gender.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Ok so I transferred my lucky eggs gained from previous runthroughs of the game/ trades and have put them on all of my pokemon. Thus, do you think it's cheating to be using all those lucky eggs at once? As in my last play through, my pokemon were ridicuously overlevelled by the time I got to the Elite 4 the first time around. Do you think I should forego the lucky egg usage till I beat the elite 4?

Edit: Currently my team is:
    Empoleon Lv 43
    Scizor Lv 41
    Magnezone, Pupitar, Metagross - Lv 45
    Skarmory Lv 46
    Pokemon Black FC: 3440 0217 8589 - Abhi

Pokemon Black Team:

Banner accredited to rosierjay

Quote Originally Posted by trainer0191 View Post
    Ok so I transferred my lucky eggs gained from previous runthroughs of the game/ trades and have put them on all of my pokemon. Thus, do you think it's cheating to be using all those lucky eggs at once? As in my last play through, my pokemon were ridicuously overlevelled by the time I got to the Elite 4 the first time around. Do you think I should forego the lucky egg usage till I beat the elite 4?

Edit: Currently my team is:
    Empoleon Lv 43
    Scizor Lv 41
    Magnezone, Pupitar, Metagross - Lv 45
    Skarmory Lv 46
    If you feel as though you are becoming overpowered and not enjoying the game as much then sure, get rid of the lucky eggs. You're not cheating by using them though.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Hi, I often follow this website without a say but I wish for some help which after trying Google so often gives me no results I need to ask here if I can, my question being is -> I'm currently playing White 2 and having a friend give me the challenge mode key, if I play on say this mode and a friend plays on normal mode, will this effect the mode in say the Pokemon Subway? , if so will it mean that if I'm leader the game is set on challenge mode or if he is leader the game is set to normal mode?

Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by eNeMeE; 15th May 2013 at 4:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eNeMeE View Post
    Hi, I often follow this website without a say but I wish for some help which after trying Google so often gives me no results I need to ask here if I can, my question being is -> I'm currently playing White 2 and having a friend give me the challenge mode key, if I play on say this mode and a friend plays on normal mode, will this effect the mode in say the Pokemon Subway? , if so will it mean that if I'm leader the game is set on challenge mode or if he is leader the game is set to normal mode?

Thank you for the help.
    The Subway is completely unaffected by which key you're using.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Could anyone tell me where I can go to rename my pokemon? I heard it was in Celestial city, but I'm not sure where still...

You'll find the Name Rater in on the first floor of the building across from the Castelia Gym in Black 2/White 2.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You'll find the Name Rater in on the first floor of the building across from the Castelia Gym in Black 2/White 2.
    Thank you very much.

Also, got any tips for completing the pokedex?

Not directed at me, but if you have the other pokemon games, then trading pokemon back and forth will be a huge help as well as the Dream World since it has some inaccessible pokemon in Black and White 2. There's also if I remember correctly, a thread that was created for trading pokemon for the purpose of completing the Pokedex, so you might want to check there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Oh, crap, wait wait!

... Hidden Grottoes are an exception. ._.;

The Pokemon that you find in a hidden grotto has its gender and species pre-determined when it's spawned. You can still SR for its nature and IVs, just not gender.
    Danm, thats a shame. ):
    Oh well, guess i will have to get Females at the DW and hopes that one comes in the Grottoes.
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

I have two pokémon in the Day Care center on Route 3: A Crobat holding a Power Anklet, & a Growlithe holding a Macho Brace. If they both level up while at the Day Care center, will their stats get a major boost too?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I have two pokémon in the Day Care center on Route 3: A Crobat holding a Power Anklet, & a Growlithe holding a Macho Brace. If they both level up while at the Day Care center, will their stats get a major boost too?
    no, the macho brace will not affect the babies at all. It only helps boost the stats when used in battles.
    (The power anklet wont boost stats either through breeding, it will only guarantee that the parent holding it will pass down its speed IV to the babies)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    no, the macho brace will not affect the babies at all. It only helps boost the stats when used in battles.
    (The power anklet wont boost stats either through breeding, it will only guarantee that the parent holding it will pass down its speed IV to the babies)
    Actually they're both male. I just thought if they wore the items in the Daycare it'll boost their stats.I have no interest in breeding at the moment
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 16th May 2013 at 6:50 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

How do the fishing spots work? Do you stop right next to it, facing the spot, and cast the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    How do the fishing spots work? Do you stop right next to it, facing the spot, and cast the line?
    Yep, you can also fish while surfing

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Do you stop right next to it, facing the spot, and cast the line?
    Yes. If you move onto the tile with the fishing spot in, it becomes a surfing spot automatically, so you wouldn't encounter a Pokémon that appears from fishing spots.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Couldn't figure out where to ask, so hopefully I'm in the right place. I'm having trouble deciding between a sleeptalk Milotic versus one with Recover, Scald, and two other moves. Advice?
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Sorry if this may not be of much help since I'm not good with these things, but Smogon has set ups you can try for pokemon, so I'd look at those suggestions and see which one fits your team.

When are we supposed to get the Black/ White Kyurem C-Gear skins? I already signed up for the Spring Friendly and am participating in a battle right now. I've checked the Global Link and I don't see those skins.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Quote Originally Posted by neo darkrai View Post
    When are we supposed to get the Black/ White Kyurem C-Gear skins? I already signed up for the Spring Friendly and am participating in a battle right now. I've checked the Global Link and I don't see those skins.
    probably not until it's over...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Is it more useful to have an attacker (Metagross) or a Dual Screener (Bronzong/Uxie)?

Also, is Bronzong with Gyro Ball/Explosion better than Uxie with Memento/Uturn?
    Last edited by kzhu98; 18th May 2013 at 2:23 AM.

Page 210 of 237 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast