Page 213 of 237 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by d_f View Post
    I'm thinking about getting pokemon white (and then probably white 2) but am kind of unfamiliar with the 5th gen pokemon. I'm not really tied to using any pokemon in particular, although just looking through the 5th gen pokedex Galvantula and Carracosta are pretty cool. I'm always use my starter and like using "unique" or pokemon that aren't used commonly when people play though the game (I'm unable to trade, so they have to be available in game). Any help would be awesome and I'd love to hear who you guys used on your team, Thanks!
    You might want to try this thread.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

How many badges do I have to get (or just how far into the storyline) for me to go to the Plasma Frigate? I want to get Electivire, and the only place besides the Join Avenue that I can get an Electirizer is at the Frigate. Thanks! D

The first time you encounter the Plasma Frigate is after you participate (and win I believe) in the Driftveil Tournament at the PWT located in the south of the city. You can only obtain it there if you're playing White 2, which I assume you are.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

I'm trying to EV train a Pokemon with power items. The ones that give plus 4 to a stat. My question is, in a double battle, do you get +4 or +8 when you KO both enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by willis7928 View Post
    I'm trying to EV train a Pokemon with power items. The ones that give plus 4 to a stat. My question is, in a double battle, do you get +4 or +8 when you KO both enemies?
    If you're in Dark grass and you run into two Pokemon - let's say a Patrat and a Purrloin - you will HAVE to send out two Pokemon. Let's say you send out an Abra, who you want to train in Special Attack and Speed. The other Pokemon you send out you are not training. It's a Charizard or something.

Okay. So Abra is holding the Power Anklet, which gives you +4 Speed. Charizard's not holding anything. If Abra is sent into battle against Patrat and Purrloin, whether he battles or not, he still gets experience and EVs. So once Patrat and Purrloin are defeated, here's how the EVs would be distributed:

Abra: from Purrloin: 1 Spe + 4 Spe from Power Anklet = +5 Speed
    from Patrat: 1 Atk + 4 Spe = + 1 Atk, + 4 Spe
    Total: +9 Spe
    +1 Atk

Charizard: from Purrloin: +1 Spe
    from Patrat: +1 Atk

You may have noticed that I used Purrloin and Patrat for a reason. This is because I want to make the point that you cannot control which Pokemon you are battling in a double battle. If you want to EV train a Pokemon such as Abra in double battles, you WILL be gaining EVs in stats that you don't want Abra to gain in, such as Attack. Once Abra is sent out against two Pokemon, unless Abra faints, it will get EVs from both of those Pokemon whether you want it to or not. In order to rectify these mistakes and properly EV train Abra, you will have to use the Dream World to get the EV-reducing berries and give them to Abra. This is a waste of both time and resources when you can avoid causing this problem by only EV-training in single battles.

A better way to EV train a Pokemon is to use single battles only, while the Pokemon is holding a Power item and is infected with Pokerus. Pokerus doubles the number of EVs you get in a battle, stacking with the Power items. So if you wanted to train Abra for Speed, you would fight only Basculins, and Abra would gain

from Basculin: (2 Spe + 4 (Power item))*2, or 12 Speed EVs PER BATTLE. This is much better and much more efficient, even though it's only single battles, because you don't have any other pesky unwanted EVs distorting your training.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

If you defeat 1 and run, you don't gain EV's from the second Pokemon do you?

Quote Originally Posted by willis7928 View Post
    If you defeat 1 and run, you don't gain EV's from the second Pokemon do you?
    No, you do not. You're right. You only gain EVs from the Pokemon that are defeated. So I guess if you wanted to double-encounter, that would work.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Hello everyone,

I have some kind of frustrating bug. I started pokestar first time I got there, made my first film and then quit to go on my journey and totally forgot about it. Yesterday I wanted to continue that quest, saw the black and blond guy who told me to "go see my first film" (I didn't made it first time), I tried but the women in the cinema complex told me that there wasn't any film to see for now... Result: I can't continue this quest anymore and I played for so long that I can't erase my save data. If anyone already encountered that kind of bug and solved the problem, I hope you'll be able to tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Caim View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have some kind of frustrating bug. I started pokestar first time I got there, made my first film and then quit to go on my journey and totally forgot about it. Yesterday I wanted to continue that quest, saw the black and blond guy who told me to "go see my first film" (I didn't made it first time), I tried but the women in the cinema complex told me that there wasn't any film to see for now... Result: I can't continue this quest anymore and I played for so long that I can't erase my save data. If anyone already encountered that kind of bug and solved the problem, I hope you'll be able to tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance for your answer!
    Did you select the save my movie option?

Yep, but I think it's there's a connection with my league data that has also been erased.

I dunno if I can ask this here, but I'll try anyway.

Recently, I forgot my GL password and am unable to,log in. So when I tried to reset my username, it said 'unable to find account using provided information.'

How should I reset it then?

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    I dunno if I can ask this here, but I'll try anyway.

Recently, I forgot my GL password and am unable to,log in. So when I tried to reset my username, it said 'unable to find account using provided information.'

How should I reset it then?
    Are you sure you're using the right username with the right capitalization? Your GL username and password are the same as your Pokemon Trainer Club account, so I would go to Pokemon.com and try to log in. There should be a link under the username that says "forgot username?". Click on that and it will help you recover your username. The US username recovery page is here. Since it looks like you're from India, I imagine your page will be at a different URL.

Secondly, if you have anymore Dream World-related problems, here is the Black and White Dream World Discussion thread, and here is the Black 2/White 2 Dream World Discussion thread.

-------

Do I have to possess all the pokemon to get the shiny charm?

Quote Originally Posted by OYKnow View Post
    Do I have to possess all the pokemon to get the shiny charm?
    Nope, the event Legendaries (Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect etc.) aren't needed. But you do still need to catch all the other Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    Nope, the event Legendaries (Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect etc.) aren't needed. But you do still need to catch all the other Pokemon.
    Which means I have to at least have the pokemon once?

Quote Originally Posted by OYKnow View Post
    Which means I have to at least have the pokemon once?
    Yes, you have to have caught or traded for every other pokemon.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Thank you, guess I will need great help for that.

the rotom you get from a trade ingame won't learn discharge mines past lvl 50 and its not on the move remembers list what do i do?
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Rotom learns Discharge at Lv. 64 in Generation V. It was Lv. 50 in Generation IV.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

This is as much a "What the..." as a question...

So I was trying to get the "Use Struggle in Battle" medal, so I taught my Wigglytuff low PP normal moves and went to Celestial Tower to fight a ghost pokemon. I'm fighting a trainer's Litwick, and it uses Will-o-wisp, and burns me on the first turn. This is fine as I have moonlight as one of my moves, but at the end of each turn, I am not hurt by the burn?! At first I thought I was imagining it, but it didn't matter if I used Hyper Beam, or Moonlight, or healed confusion no matter what I did with the turn, my pokemon was never hurt by the burn. Now I checked on bulbapedia and that shouldn't have happened, I guess my question is does burn only eat away at HP if you damage HP to the opponent?

Bu even then, when I started using Struggle (plan worked like a charm) I thought because I was dealing actual damage the burn might start to kick in, but I still got nothing - any thoughts as to why? Not that I'm complaining, just curious!

Strange, does have an held item?

I was going to suggest that perhaps your Wigglytuff had the ability Magic Guard, preventing any indirect damage, but according to Bulbapedia Wigglytuff isn't one of the Pokémon capable of having that ability. I'm not quite sure then.

babydoll didn't use Wigglytuff, they used a Clefairy or Clefable but mixed up the names. Wigglytuff cannot learn Moonlight, so it was indeed a Magic Guard Clefairy/Clefable as suggested above.

Hi I'm really stuck. I have all 300 Pokémon in the Unova Dex seen, but Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town won't give me the Nature Preserve Permit. Does anyone know why? Would greatly appreciate some help!!
    3DS FC: 2879-0175-7289 Zelda (X) & Maybell (AS)

Friend Safari: Fire Type Ponyta / Braixen / Larvesta

Wants: Other Egg Move Or IV Bred Pokemon ❤

Some Trade Set-Ups, I Will Ask Detailed Information Of The Pokemon You Are Offering. Please Don't Be Offended By This, Since I Will Be Doing The Same To Prevent Scamming.

Quote Originally Posted by AmphyLucky13 View Post
    Hi I'm really stuck. I have all 300 Pokémon in the Unova Dex seen, but Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town won't give me the Nature Preserve Permit. Does anyone know why? Would greatly appreciate some help!!
    I have 2 ideas. Try talking to cedric juniper, then going back to her. Either that, or maybe you're missing victini. I'm not sure if it's necessary.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Page 213 of 237 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast