Page 215 of 237 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 5924

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi112 View Post
    Has this happened to you? You run into a wild pokemon and it appears to have the ability Illusion. You catch it and the game tells you that it already has an OT. You investigate and find that the pokemon's OT was N.
    It's one of N's Pokemon. There are more in the game.

Hey everyone
    I have Black 2, and am currently on floor 8 of Black Tower. My brother who has White 2 is also on floor 8 of White Tree hollow, and later today we plan on swapping keys so we can access each others areas.
    So I was told that the reward for beating these areas was A shiny Gible in Black 2 and a shiny Dratini in White 2. Now, I've never liked the Garchomp line as I don't think it's design is particularly good, not to mention the fact that It's shiny might aswell not even exist it's so similar to the normal colour scheme. So, I'm just wondering how this reward system works. Once you clear White tree hollow, do you always get a shiny Dratini, regardless of wether you cleared it on Black 2/ White 2, similarly, will clearing Black Tower always give you a shiny Gible? Is it like how I just described, but you can only get one shiny (So I would want to clear White tree hollow first) or am I out of luck and there's no way I can get the Shiny Dratini?
    Thanks for any help in advanced

The Pokemon are game dependent and not area dependent, so you are stuck with the dragon your version gives you.

I've got a question when it comes to the move assurance. Its power doubles when the target already took damage, would that include damage from being either poisoned or burned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    I've got a question when it comes to the move assurance. Its power doubles when the target already took damage, would that include damage from being either poisoned or burned?
    No, since Burn and Poison damage all take place after all attacks have been dealt. Assurance is best used in Doubles/Triples, or if you have hazards up (Spikes or Stealth Rock) and you know the opponent will switch.

Hi, I'm getting White 2 tomorrow

I'm just wondering if you can get a pokemon in the Roselia line and the Swinub line before the E4?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Hi, I'm getting White 2 tomorrow

I'm just wondering if you can get a pokemon in the Roselia line and the Swinub line before the E4?
    Yes. You can get Roselia in the Lostlorn Forest east of Nimbasa City.

As for Swinub, you actually have to get Piloswine. It appears at the Giant Chasm which is before the E4.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Too bad. OK thanks Myrrh

Ok if you were to use clear smog on a steel type it wouldn't take damage, however would its effect of reversing all stat changes still work?
    Last edited by Mera; 29th June 2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    It's one of N's Pokemon. There are more in the game.
    Yes. If you memory link with a completed pokemon black or white game into a pokemon black 2 or white 2 game you can see random flashbacks,catch some of N's pokemon and battle Bianca when you go to route 1 after beating the game. You can also get the same items you have from your prop case you had from pokemon black and white (not that many people even did the musical so it's not really a biggy for the music case prop thingy) But that just about explains it.

I have a question about changing the date and time.

I just called Curtis (Yancy if you play as a guy) 50 times, and I believe that after that, you have to wait a day before you can trade with him. I set the date on my DS ahead by one day and called him again, but he didn't offer to trade with me. I guess you have to wait an actual 24 hours, and not just tell the game that it's the next day?

My other question about this is now do I still have to wait 24 hours for Curtis and the Dream World since I changed the date on the DS, or is there some sort of time penalty for my doing that?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Well the only penalty is that you have to wait 2 days before buying again from Join Avenue. I think you have to wait one day to trade with Curtis/Yancy but I saw on Marilland's video that he set the clock one or two minutes before midnight and waited and it worked for him. I'm not sure.
    3DS friend code:1048-8039-5188

Quote Originally Posted by lavulin View Post
    Well the only penalty is that you have to wait 2 days before buying again from Join Avenue. I think you have to wait one day to trade with Curtis/Yancy but I saw on Marilland's video that he set the clock one or two minutes before midnight and waited and it worked for him. I'm not sure.
    I set the clock forward so that it changed on its own, and that worked. I was able to trade with Curtis for Mankey. But now, how do I get him to trade the rest of his Pokemon? I've called him a few times now and he just talks to me. I don't have to call him 50 times for each Pokemon, do I?

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

What's the sleep clause?

What's the sleep clause?
    Each player can only put one of their opponent's Pokemon asleep at a time. It does not count you putting your own Pokemon asleep, however.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I set the clock forward so that it changed on its own, and that worked. I was able to trade with Curtis for Mankey. But now, how do I get him to trade the rest of his Pokemon? I've called him a few times now and he just talks to me. I don't have to call him 50 times for each Pokemon, do I?
    You can only trade with Curtis/Yancy once per day.

You need to call him again tomorrow to do another trade. Just call Curtis once more tomorrow, he should ask for another meeting (which means another trade).

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    You can only trade with Curtis/Yancy once per day.

You need to call him again tomorrow to do another trade. Just call Curtis once more tomorrow, he should ask for another meeting (which means another trade).
    Thanks, Shine! I was confused because on Serebii's Dropped Item page (here), it says
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii's page
    "You can repeat trades one a day, even repeating the species of the Pokémon."
    So that's why I thought I could ask him to trade more than once per day.

-------

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how long after the start of the game can you send keys to another game? I've beaten Black 2 and need the keys from White 2 but they've only got one badge thus far. Thanks.
    My Wi-Fi is not working, when it's up I'll let you know when I can trade again.

You can get their key after they beat the E4. If you want the Vprest key you must beat it on W2 first and you must beat/capture the regi to trade that key.

How do I get to abundant shrine... I'm so lost oh this is for white 2, water fall is needed correct?
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    How do I get to abundant shrine... I'm so lost oh this is for white 2, water fall is needed correct?
    Yes it is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I've been forgetting to ask. On the route near the P2 lab there are items that I can't get to on the beach. How do I reach them?

OK this may be a stupid question, but what happens if you use Sunny Day, Hail or Rain Dance inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I've been forgetting to ask. On the route near the P2 lab there are items that I can't get to on the beach. How do I reach them?
    You need to use some of the different currents.

OK this may be a stupid question, but what happens if you use Sunny Day, Hail or Rain Dance inside?
    Same thing as any other battle. It activates their effect.

Question

Considering a moveset for Nyorotono.

I've come up with two ideas, and was looking for some feedback. I'm going with the ability Drizzle. And what would be the best held item? Leftovers?

1)
    Dive
    Ice Punch
    Belly Drum
    Double Team/Toxic

It doesn't seem like Nyorotono has bad defensive stats, but they aren't some of the best either. Belly Drum gives me massive Attack power, but put the Pokemon's health at risk. Double Team raises evasiveness, but takes time to build up. Toxic could play off of Dive's taking two turns to attack, draining the opponents health during the turn where Nyorotono is basically invulnerable. I considered Waterfall, but given Nyorotono's low Speed, it didn't seem as worth it since I can't take advantage of the flinch factor as often (though Dive would give the opponent more time to plan, which isn't good).

2)
    Scald
    Ice Beam
    Double Team
    Toxic?

Nyorotono's Special Attack base is somewhat better than its Attack, so using Special Attack moves naturally seems more preferable, and I avoid the vulnerability that Belly Drum gives. Scald is a little weaker than Surf, but gives me the chance to burn the opponent. If that fails, maybe Toxic would be good?
    Last edited by Jeikobu; 5th July 2013 at 5:12 AM.
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

IMO, the special set is better.

You'll want another attacking move for more coverage, though.
    Replace Double Team with Focus Blast/Mud Shot/Hyper Voice/Hidden Power [Ground/Fight/Electric/Grass].

Water + Fight/Ground/Normal, all those three combinations have great coverage.
    HP Electric/Grass on the other hand, allows you to hit other Water-Types hard (especially Grass, which hits Swampert hard)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 215 of 237 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast