Page 220 of 237 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5924

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioman5 View Post
    I was wondering if I beat the musketeer trio at level 45 are there natures, IVs and their shininess set in stone, or can I still soft reset for a shiny?
    I am positive that you can still reset, my friend. Same with other stationary Pokemon.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

hey guys my game is glitching out or something on the pokemon outbreaks it keeps saying outbreak at route 16. help pls! i'm trying to get the hypo pokemon so i've been constantly changing my date to 23:59 ect. the date on the television screen thingy is changing but not the location for the outbreaks. what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfirefist6 View Post
    hey guys my game is glitching out or something on the pokemon outbreaks it keeps saying outbreak at route 16. help pls! i'm trying to get the hypo pokemon so i've been constantly changing my date to 23:59 ect. the date on the television screen thingy is changing but not the location for the outbreaks. what to do.
    I might be wrong about this, but I think that changing the date won't change the swarm. I think you have to start the game after the clock hits midnight in real life (you might need to let yours sit for 24 hours) and then soft reset. I'm pretty sure that changing the date and time won't change the swarm - it's a real-life thing. I might be wrong though - I've never tried to change the date and time for swarms; I've always soft resetted. Anyway, unless someone else responds with better advice, I'd try that, and if it doesn't work (or if you've reset the time and it's worked before), then let us know.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

k thx the route changed the next day
    Last edited by alexfirefist6; 31st July 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Excuse me but I have some questions that I like to ask of you. Is about the EV Training a pokemon. You see, I got Torchic that it hatched from the daycare. My Torchic has an Adamant Nature,and according to the Stat Judge, it has an outstanding potential overall. Its not easy to get that kind of pokemon after I breed one after another. He said that it best stat is lies in Attack stat. He said it has that its Speed is good,and its defense is also good. It can't get any better. As for EV Training, I understand the vitamins,Macho Brace,and pokerus, but I never use the Power Items like Power Weight,Band,Lens,Anklet,Bracer,and Belt before. You see, I was worry about the calculations. You see I wanted to make sure that it has EV 252 for Speed,and Attack.

Do you think that this website can help? Source: Marriland Website

You see, I kind of need your help with the Power Items. You see, I wanted to EV Train my soon to be Blaziken that has the outstanding potential the right way. I don't want to mess it up. Should I start EV Train it as a LV1 Torchic after I give 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,and give him a pokerus. And then battle the certain pokemon like Basclins for Speed and Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu? Or is there something else? When you have the time, please let me know because I wanted to do this right. I've spent hours and hours to have a pokemon with the better stat.
    Last edited by Shego; 31st July 2013 at 2:46 AM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Excuse me but I have some questions that I like to ask of you. Is about the EV Training a pokemon. You see, I got Torchic that it hatched from the daycare. My Torchic has an Adamant Nature,and according to the Stat Judge, it has an outstanding potential overall. Its not easy to get that kind of pokemon after I breed one after another. He said that it best stat is lies in Attack stat. He said it has that its Speed is good,and its defense is also good. It can't get any better. As for EV Training, I understand the vitamins,Macho Brace,and pokerus, but I never use the Power Items like Power Weight,Band,Lens,Anklet,Bracer,and Belt before. You see, I was worry about the calculations. You see I wanted to make sure that it has EV 252 for Speed,and Attack.

Do you think that this website can help? Source: Marriland Website

You see, I kind of need your help with the Power Items. You see, I wanted to EV Train my soon to be Blaziken that has the outstanding potential the right way. I don't want to mess it up. Should I start EV Train it as a LV1 Torchic after I give 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,and give him a pokerus. And then battle the certain pokemon like Basclins for Speed and Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu? Or is there something else? When you have the time, please let me know because I wanted to do this right. I've spent hours and hours to have a pokemon with the better stat.
    If you want a Blaziken with 252 Atk/252 Spe, here's what you need to do:

First, don't use the Macho Brace. You really need to use the Power Items; it will make this whole process a lot faster. You will need the Power Bracer and the Power Anklet.

I'll give this to you in steps.

1. Give Torchic Pokerus.
    2. Give Torchic 100 Proteins and 100 Carbos. Now he has 100 Attack EVs and 100 Speed EVs.
    3. Give Torchic the Power Bracer.
    4. If you are playing Black, go to Route 1. If you are playing Black 2, go to the second floor of Dragonspiral Tower.
    5. If you are playing Black, defeat 16 Patrats and/or Lillipups. If you are playing Black 2, defeat 13 Golurks.
    7. Remove the Power Bracer and give Torchic the Power Anklet.
    8. If you are playing Black, go to the water on Route 1 and Surf. If you are playing Black 2, go to Route 19 and use Surf.
    9. Defeat 13 Basculins.
    10. You have 4 EVs left. It is best to put them into HP for Blaziken. Remove the Power Anklet from Torchic. Do not give it any Power Items.
    11. Go anywhere where there is tall grass and defeat two Audinos.
    12. Your Blaziken now has 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe!

If you want to know how the calculations work, here it is:

Each Pokemon has a certain number of EVs that they give in a certain stat when you defeat them. Patrat gives 1 Attack EV, for example. The Power Items add FOUR EVs in whatever stat they are for. The Power Bracer is for Attack, so it gives +4 Attack EVs. When Torchic is holding the Power Bracer, it gets 5 Attack EVs for every Patrat instead of 1. Pokerus doubles the number of EVs that are given, stacking with the Power Bracer. 5*2 is 10. So now you get 10 Attack EVs for every Patrat you defeat. Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs. 2+4 is 6, and 6*2 is 12. So with the Power Anklet and Pokerus, you get 12 EVs for every Basculin.

If you give Torchic 10 Proteins, that's 100 Attack EVs. If you want Blaziken to have 252 Attack EVs, you subtract the EVs Torchic already has, so you have 252-100. Now Blaziken only needs 152 Attack EVs. If you get 10 Attack EVs from every Patrat, then you need to defeat 252/152, or 16, Patrats. Lillipups also give Attack EVs, which is why you should go to a Route where they are plentiful.

If you want 252 Speed EVs, then you have 252-100, or 152, Speed EVs left after Carbos. Basculin gives 12 Speed EVs, so 152/12 is 13. So you need to defeat 13 Basculin.

The reason that it's better to use the Power Items rather than the Macho Brace is because the Power Items add 4 EVs, while the Macho Brace only doubles the number you get from a battle. So if you use the Power Bracer, you get 5 EVs from every Patrat. With Pokerus, this becomes 10. If you use the Macho Brace, you only get 2. With Pokerus, you would only be getting 4 Attack EVs per Patrat - that's less than if you used the Power Bracer alone without Pokerus.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you want a Blaziken with 252 Atk/252 Spe, here's what you need to do:

First, don't use the Macho Brace. You really need to use the Power Items; it will make this whole process a lot faster. You will need the Power Bracer and the Power Anklet.

I'll give this to you in steps.

1. Give Torchic Pokerus.
    2. Give Torchic 100 Proteins and 100 Carbos. Now he has 100 Attack EVs and 100 Speed EVs.
    3. Give Torchic the Power Bracer.
    4. If you are playing Black, go to Route 1. If you are playing Black 2, go to the second floor of Dragonspiral Tower.
    5. If you are playing Black, defeat 16 Patrats and/or Lillipups. If you are playing Black 2, defeat 13 Golurks.
    7. Remove the Power Bracer and give Torchic the Power Anklet.
    8. If you are playing Black, go to the water on Route 1 and Surf. If you are playing Black 2, go to Route 19 and use Surf.
    9. Defeat 13 Basculins.
    10. You have 4 EVs left. It is best to put them into HP for Blaziken. Remove the Power Anklet from Torchic. Do not give it any Power Items.
    11. Go anywhere where there is tall grass and defeat two Audinos.
    12. Your Blaziken now has 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe!

If you want to know how the calculations work, here it is:

Each Pokemon has a certain number of EVs that they give in a certain stat when you defeat them. Patrat gives 1 Attack EV, for example. The Power Items add FOUR EVs in whatever stat they are for. The Power Bracer is for Attack, so it gives +4 Attack EVs. When Torchic is holding the Power Bracer, it gets 5 Attack EVs for every Patrat instead of 1. Pokerus doubles the number of EVs that are given, stacking with the Power Bracer. 5*2 is 10. So now you get 10 Attack EVs for every Patrat you defeat. Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs. 2+4 is 6, and 6*2 is 12. So with the Power Anklet and Pokerus, you get 12 EVs for every Basculin.

If you give Torchic 10 Proteins, that's 100 Attack EVs. If you want Blaziken to have 252 Attack EVs, you subtract the EVs Torchic already has, so you have 252-100. Now Blaziken only needs 152 Attack EVs. If you get 10 Attack EVs from every Patrat, then you need to defeat 252/152, or 16, Patrats. Lillipups also give Attack EVs, which is why you should go to a Route where they are plentiful.

If you want 252 Speed EVs, then you have 252-100, or 152, Speed EVs left after Carbos. Basculin gives 12 Speed EVs, so 152/12 is 13. So you need to defeat 13 Basculin.

The reason that it's better to use the Power Items rather than the Macho Brace is because the Power Items add 4 EVs, while the Macho Brace only doubles the number you get from a battle. So if you use the Power Bracer, you get 5 EVs from every Patrat. With Pokerus, this becomes 10. If you use the Macho Brace, you only get 2. With Pokerus, you would only be getting 4 Attack EVs per Patrat - that's less than if you used the Power Bracer alone without Pokerus.
    So after I ev train a Torchic by giving him 4 feathers,20 vitamins,and battling certain pokemon before its evolves into Blaziken, then do I have to give him 10 Tamato Berries, and Kelpsy Berries, then Ev train Blaziken for Speed and Attack again? Well to be certainly clear, I like for my Blaziken to be the strongest as he can be. In other words, to be the best fighting and fire pokemon that I ever raised.
    Last edited by Shego; 31st July 2013 at 7:35 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

So after I ev train a Torchic by giving him 4 feathers,20 vitamins,and battling certain pokemon before its evolves into Blaziken, then do I have to give him 10 Tamato Berries, and Kelpsy Berries, then Ev train Blaziken for Speed and Attack again? Well to be certainly clear, I like for my Blaziken to be the strongest as he can be. In other words, to be the best fighting and fire pokemon that I ever raised.
    No. The EV-reducing berries are for when you've used a Pokemon in-game, thereby giving him a bunch of random EVs, and then decide you want to EV-train him, so you need to erase the EVs. You only use them if you mess up your EV training somehow. When Torchic gains its EVs, it will keep them when it is Combusken and it will keep them when it is Blaziken. If you give Blaziken the berries, you'll be undoing all your hard work. Once a Pokemon has EVs, they don't go away when it evolves.

-------

No. The EV-reducing berries are for when you've used a Pokemon in-game, thereby giving him a bunch of random EVs, and then decide you want to EV-train him, so you need to erase the EVs. You only use them if you mess up your EV training somehow. When Torchic gains its EVs, it will keep them when it is Combusken and it will keep them when it is Blaziken. If you give Blaziken the berries, you'll be undoing all your hard work. Once a Pokemon has EVs, they don't go away when it evolves.
    Ok. I got the EV-reducing berries just in case I messed up the EV training. So no matter when it evolve into Combusken,then Blaziken, it all keep the EVs where he gained as a torchic, right? I see, here's the plan that I have in mind before yours suggested. I'm planning on giving 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,4 Resist Feathers,then give him the pokerus and give the Power Items. Then I equip Torchic with Power Anklet then battle the Bascilns, and take out 12 of them to get 252 for Speed. Then equip Torchic/Combusken with the Power Bracer then battle the Patrats/Pidove/Lillipup/Riolu and take out 15 of them to get 252EV for the Attack. Sounds good?

Ok. I got the EV-reducing berries just in case I messed up the EV training. So no matter when it evolve into Combusken,then Blaziken, it all keep the EVs where he gained as a torchic, right? I see, here's the plan that I have in mind before yours suggested. I'm planning on giving 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,4 Resist Feathers,then give him the pokerus and give the Power Items. Then I equip Torchic with Power Anklet then battle the Bascilns, and take out 12 of them to get 252 for Speed. Then equip Torchic/Combusken with the Power Bracer then battle the Patrats/Pidove/Lillipup/Riolu and take out 15 of them to get 252EV for the Attack. Sounds good?
    Yes, all of the EVs that you give to Torchic he will have when he is Combusken and when he is Blaziken. The only time the EVs will go away is if you feed him the EV-reducing berries.

What you've proposed doing sounds correct...you give Torchic the Resist Wings if you want the remaining 4 EVs to go into Defense instead of HP, which is fine.

So if you're planning on doing this:

Feed Torchic 10 Proteins, 10 Carbos, 4 Resist Wings
    Attach Power Bracer
    Fight 16 Patrats/Lillipups
    Attach Power Anklet
    Fight 13 Basculins

Then that is correct. You have to defeat 16 Patrats/Lillipups and 13 Basculins, not 15 and 12. You have to round up or you won't get all the EVs.

-------

Yes, all of the EVs that you give to Torchic he will have when he is Combusken and when he is Blaziken. The only time the EVs will go away is if you feed him the EV-reducing berries.

What you've proposed doing sounds correct...you give Torchic the Resist Wings if you want the remaining 4 EVs to go into Defense instead of HP, which is fine.

So if you're planning on doing this:

Attach Power Bracer
    Fight 16 Patrats/Lillipups
    Attach Power Anklet
    Fight 13 Basculins

Then that is correct. You have to defeat 16 Patrats/Lillipups and 13 Basculins, not 15 and 12. You have to round up or you won't get all the EVs.
    Ok. When I down into the last pokemon that I battling for the Evs, like the 13th Basculin and the 16 Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu, then do I have to remove the item for the last ev battle?

Strange, I thought this could be more reliable when it comes to EV training. I thought that I have to beat 12 of them to get 152 EVs for Speed,and 15 for Attack. This is so confusing. And I'm trying to balance the Evs. In case of which game am I playing, its Black 2.
    Last edited by Shego; 31st July 2013 at 9:24 PM.

Ok. When I down into the last pokemon that I battling for the Evs, like the 13th Basculin and the 16 Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu, then do I have to remove the item for the last ev battle?

Strange, I thought this could be more reliable when it comes to EV training. I thought that I have to beat 12 of them to get 152 EVs for Speed,and 15 for Attack. This is so confusing. And I'm trying to balance the Evs. In case of which game am I playing, its Black 2.
    If you gave Torchic the 4 Resist Wings, then yes, you have to remove the item. I should've been clear about that.

It's not as hard as you're making it out to be. Just follow these directions:

Attach Power Bracer
    Fight 15 Patrats/Lillipups
    Detach Power Bracer
    Fight 1 Patrat/Lillipup
    Attach Power Anklet
    Fight 12 Basculins
    Detach Power Anklet
    Fight 1 Basculin

And then you'll be done.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 31st July 2013 at 11:11 PM.

-------

If you gave Torchic the 4 Resist Wings, then yes, you have to remove the item. I should've been clear about that.

It's not as hard as you're making it out to be. Just follow these directions:

Attach Power Bracer
    Fight 15 Patrats/Lillipups
    Detach Power Bracer
    Fight 1 Patrat/Lillipup
    Attach Power Anklet
    Fight 12 Basculins
    Detach Power Anklet
    Fight 1 Basculin

And then you'll be done.
    Ok. I have one little problem on EV train. After I fought 12 Golurks with the Power Bracer,and defeated one more without the item at Dragonspirial Tower, Bianca says "It can work a little harder". When I defeated another Golurk without the item, she its that "But I think it worked hard on its Attack".
    Last edited by Shego; 1st August 2013 at 12:49 AM.

Ok. I have one little problem on EV train. After I fought 12 Golurks with the Power Bracer,and defeated one more without the item at Dragonspirial Tower, Bianca says "It can work a little harder". When I defeated another Golurk without the item, she its that "But I think it worked hard on its Attack".
    You probably miscounted how many you defeated. When Bianca said, "I think it worked hard on its Attack", that means that Torchic has maxed out its Attack EVs. So that's great! Now onto Speed

-------

You probably miscounted how many you defeated. When Bianca said, "I think it worked hard on its Attack", that means that Torchic has maxed out its Attack EVs. So that's great! Now onto Speed
    Now I think that I starting to get it. I forgot to equip it with the Macho Brace for the last strike after I took out 12 Golurks.
    Last edited by Shego; 1st August 2013 at 2:21 AM.

question is kyurem black considered a separate pokemon from kyurem? if you ev train kyurem would kyurem black have the evs or would you ev train him again?

question is kyurem black considered a separate pokemon from kyurem? if you ev train kyurem would kyurem black have the evs or would you ev train him again?
    Black Kyurem is considered to be the same Pokémon as Kyurem, just another form with different base stats. When changing from Kyurem to Black Kyurem, it will have the same EVs, IVs, nature, and (for the most part) the same moveset it had as Kyurem. However, it's ability will change from Pressure to Teravolt, and the moves Glaciate and Scary Face will change to Freeze Shock and Fusion Bolt respectively.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Black Kyurem is considered to be the same Pokémon as Kyurem, just another form with different base stats. When changing from Kyurem to Black Kyurem, it will have the same EVs, IVs, nature, and (for the most part) the same moveset it had as Kyurem. However, it's ability will change from Pressure to Teravolt, and the moves Glaciate and Scary Face will change to Freeze Shock and Fusion Bolt respectively.
    so if i don't have scary face or glaciate on my kyurem then i can't have freeze shock and fusion bolt on my black kyurem?

so if i don't have scary face or glaciate on my kyurem then i can't have freeze shock and fusion bolt on my black kyurem?
    You can use Heart Scales to relearn Freeze Shock and Fusion Bolt if it didn't have Glaciate and Scary Face when you changed its form.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

is there any diffrence in overall effect between EV training via Join Avenue's dojo and EV training the regular way?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneCloyster View Post
    is there any diffrence in overall effect between EV training via Join Avenue's dojo and EV training the regular way?
    No, EVs are the same no matter where they come from.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, EVs are the same no matter where they come from.
    then why is the regular method not obselete yet then?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

Does Acrobatics get a double boost from both consuming Flying Gem and having no hold item, or does it still count as holdng Flying Gem on that turn even though it's consumed upon use?

so if i have pokerus and have macho braces then if i fight pokemon that gives 1 ev instead of getting 1 i'm gonna get 4 evs?

Quote Originally Posted by alexfirefist6 View Post
    so if i have pokerus and have macho braces then if i fight pokemon that gives 1 ev instead of getting 1 i'm gonna get 4 evs?
    That is correct.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 220 of 237 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast