Page 224 of 237 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 5924

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by forte310 View Post
    Sup guys. I'm having a bit of a problem with breeding rite now. I tried breeding 2 alakazams, both with magic guard and i cant seem to have the ability pass down to the baby. I've hatched almost 50 eggs now and I'm still getting synchronize and inner focus. Is there some trick to it because the abra family has 3 abilities? I've tried breeding 2 brelooms before and i got a quick feet shroomish easily
    does your female have a good nature? an everstone would help pass abilities. it;s not 100%, but it'll increase the chances of getting magic guard to pass
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    does your female have a good nature? an everstone would help pass abilities. it;s not 100%, but it'll increase the chances of getting magic guard to pass
    yeah the female has a modest nature, but i'm pretty sure everstone passes the nature, not the ability

yeah the female has a modest nature, but i'm pretty sure everstone passes the nature, not the ability
    It does both. nature 100%, not sure on the actual number for the ability, but it DOES increase the chance

Didn't know where else to put this question:

Can you catch a ditto with the Imposter Ability in the wild or is it only available in the hidden grotto?

Quote Originally Posted by King Blackstar View Post
    Didn't know where else to put this question:

Can you catch a ditto with the Imposter Ability in the wild or is it only available in the hidden grotto?
    Standard wild Pokemon never have a hidden ability. Only special wild Pokemon can get the hidden ability. So in this case, yes, Imposter Ditto would be available in the Hidden Grotto found in Giant Chasm, not in the grass.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Thanks, but also:

Does the grotto reset each day? If so, would it work if I changed the day on the DS? Plus, after every 256 steps, the grotto doesn't fill with anything and I've been doing it for a good hour or so.

Thanks, but also:

Does the grotto reset each day? If so, would it work if I changed the day on the DS? Plus, after every 256 steps, the grotto doesn't fill with anything and I've been doing it for a good hour or so.
    did you check the empty space? sometimes it spawns hidden items.
    I dont think changing the date on the DS isn't going to make a difference on the grotto, but walking around will.
    it has a chance to spawn something every 256 steps, you're just having an unlucky spell. keep at it, it will fill eventually.

Thanks, but also:

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    did you check the empty space? sometimes it spawns hidden items.
    I dont think changing the date on the DS isn't going to make a difference on the grotto, but walking around will.
    it has a chance to spawn something every 256 steps, you're just having an unlucky spell. keep at it, it will fill eventually.
    The reason it's not working is because the Grotto has a 5% chance to spawn every 256 steps. If you're looking for Imposter Ditto, it has a 1% chance of appearing every time that the Hidden Grotto spawns. That means that you have a .05% chance, or approximately 1 out of every 20 times you take 256 steps should produce an Imposter Ditto.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    The reason it's not working is because the Grotto has a 5% chance to spawn every 256 steps. If you're looking for Imposter Ditto, it has a 1% chance of appearing every time that the Hidden Grotto spawns. That means that you have a .05% chance, or approximately 1 out of every 20 times you take 256 steps should produce an Imposter Ditto.
    0.05% is a 1/2000 chance. There's a 1/20 chance the Grotto will spawn every 256 steps.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    0.05% is a 1/2000 chance. There's a 1/20 chance the Grotto will spawn every 256 steps.
    ^^^ That's what I meant. Didn't press the 0 enough times....

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I hope people can help me here.

I recently started battling via Wi-Fi, online battling, single battles.
    Now when you go online all your pokemon become lvl 50, but what happens with the stats??
    let's say your pokemon party is lvl 60, you go online and your pokemon are reduced to lvl 50, do they also get the stats of a lvl 50 or do the stats remain of the lvl 60??

Because i get owned in pokemon battles online...

I hope people can help me here.

I recently started battling via Wi-Fi, online battling, single battles.
    Now when you go online all your pokemon become lvl 50, but what happens with the stats??
    let's say your pokemon party is lvl 60, you go online and your pokemon are reduced to lvl 50, do they also get the stats of a lvl 50 or do the stats remain of the lvl 60??

Because i get owned in pokemon battles online...
    Their stats are readjusted to what they would be at level 50.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Their stats are readjusted to what they would be at level 50.
    Allright so it doesn't matter then to keep raising my pokemon to higher levels....

Next thing then I really like dragon type, so I usually fight with Zweilous, Dragonite and Charizard or Haxorus, as you can guess they are all weak against ice types...
    Except Charizard but it does quite some damage to him to because of the flying type....

Now should i just forget about these dragons when doing online battles or could I get some tips?
    Zweilous is lvl 61 leveling him to evolve
    Dragonite lvl 58
    Charizard lvl 60
    Haxorus lvl 53
    I still have to do the elite four in game for the first time so they will all be lvl 65 or something...

I'm talking about online single battles here....

If you start doing online battles chances are you'll get destroyed. If you're serious about it do some research into team building. You definitely wont want Charizard, regardless.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

is a pokemon legit if i download its pkm off a legit pokemon?
    my beautiful shinies that i obtained myself!
    MMing:
    Wild Encounter(shiny charm):
    Traded: s/f s/f s/f ;633; ;535;
    Event shiny:
    If I have traded you a hacked pokemon then tell me immediately and I will trade it back, no questions asked. I no not accept trade backs after a day has passed. Black 2 fc: 2409 6868 9361 ps. i can only trade during weekens unless its a holiday/school break

Quote Originally Posted by Gentei View Post
    Allright so it doesn't matter then to keep raising my pokemon to higher levels....

Next thing then I really like dragon type, so I usually fight with Zweilous, Dragonite and Charizard or Haxorus, as you can guess they are all weak against ice types...
    Except Charizard but it does quite some damage to him to because of the flying type....

Now should i just forget about these dragons when doing online battles or could I get some tips?
    Zweilous is lvl 61 leveling him to evolve
    Dragonite lvl 58
    Charizard lvl 60
    Haxorus lvl 53
    I still have to do the elite four in game for the first time so they will all be lvl 65 or something...

I'm talking about online single battles here....
    As you have said, you have a major weakness to Ice here. Futhermore, Zweilous isn't even fully evolved, which puts you at a major disadvantage. The other problems here are that you are playing with only one type! You can't expect to win a battle with only one type of Pokemon. You need to cover all of your weaknesses by using different types, and using lots of coverage moves. Another reason you could be losing is because almost every single person on Wifi (including myself) uses EV-trained Pokemon with the best natures. If your Pokemon aren't EV-trained, you have almost no chance of winning. To give you more help, we would need to know what natures, abilities, and moves your Pokemon have, but that really belongs in the Rate My Team Thread.

-------

How, exactly, do I access the Memory Link? Will it work with my Japanese Black?

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    As you have said, you have a major weakness to Ice here. Futhermore, Zweilous isn't even fully evolved, which puts you at a major disadvantage. The other problems here are that you are playing with only one type! You can't expect to win a battle with only one type of Pokemon. You need to cover all of your weaknesses by using different types, and using lots of coverage moves. Another reason you could be losing is because almost every single person on Wifi (including myself) uses EV-trained Pokemon with the best natures. If your Pokemon aren't EV-trained, you have almost no chance of winning. To give you more help, we would need to know what natures, abilities, and moves your Pokemon have, but that really belongs in the
    Can you please explain what EV means?
    Effort value? what i can get online is that it means fighting againts other high lvl pokemon and not using rare candy's...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentei View Post
    Can you please explain what EV means?
    Effort value? what i can get online is that it means fighting againts other high lvl pokemon and not using rare candy's...?
    Read this: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

can anyone plz help me with my question before? how do i get magic guard abra by breeding? I have 2 alakazam, both have magic guard as their nature but i keep getting synchronize and inner focus with 50 eggs hatched

can anyone plz help me with my question before? how do i get magic guard abra by breeding? I have 2 alakazam, both have magic guard as their nature but i keep getting synchronize and inner focus with 50 eggs hatched
    Are you breeding them with each other? If so, then you're just getting incredibly unlucky (assuming you're not soft reseting for the egg). If not, then make sure the other parent is NOT Ditto, as breeding with Ditto will void the ability to pass on the hidden ability.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Have you tried putting an everstone on one? I think that helps too.
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

To pass down a Hidden Ability, you must breed a FEMALE with the Hidden Ability to a Pokemon that is not Ditto. It doesn't matter what Pokemon the father is or what ability it has, as long as the two can breed and the father isn't Ditto.

Is that what you're doing? If it is, then you're just very unlucky

-------

Male alakazam (magic guard + power lens) + female alakazam (magic guard + everstone)

Maybe i am unlucky. Oh well will try harder. maybe with different father this time. Thanks again guys

Yeah, breeding sucks. It takes a long time sometimes to get what you want. But when it happens fast you feel so lucky!

On another note, anyone have a list of the maniacs and their locations? And who buys the blue flute?
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Page 224 of 237 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast