Page 228 of 236 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 5883

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Is there another way to reduce EVs? My flower shop in the join avenue is only like level 5 and I don't have any EV berries there yet, and that person on route 4/5 doesn't always have what I want...
    Not Quickly.. Sorry.

If you have Access to the Dream World, you can grow the Berries and Send some to your game.. This will take most of a week from scratch to take down a several EVs. However it's also quite possible that by the time your Flower shop increased to Level 9 to get the EV Berries.

The Beauty Salon also removes EVs, but you need it to be level 7+.

http://serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml Also you should check the shop listings on this page.. as you may discover you won't get the berries you want.

The best option for now is to talk to the Person on Route 5 every day, you may get Lucky.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Well I managed to get 5 Kelpsy berries today, which is what I needed. Now when I try to lower EVs some more via the salon or whatever, the guy says my Pokemon is already happy :/

So do I need to give it stuff to make it less happy?
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Well I managed to get 5 Kelpsy berries today, which is what I needed. Now when I try to lower EVs some more via the salon or whatever, the guy says my Pokemon is already happy :/

So do I need to give it stuff to make it less happy?
    You can give it berries whose taste it doesn't like, EnergyPowder, HealPowder, Energy Root, and Revival Herb. Also, if you trade a Pokemon, you reset it to its base happiness.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and STARF and LANSAT Berries available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You can give it berries whose taste it doesn't like, EnergyPowder, HealPowder, Energy Root, and Revival Herb. Also, if you trade a Pokemon, you reset it to its base happiness.
    I'll try that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    What exactly do they mean by "Resisting" in the Struggle Bug skill description?

"Resisting, the user attacks the opposing Pokémon. The targets' Sp. Atk stat is reduced."
    Just part of the attack description - doesn't lower any stats if that's what you're askin'. Otherwise, I really don't know why they translated that to what it is. Probably makes sense in Japan though ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Validus View Post
    but above all else

die happy

I'm guessing it means the bug is trying to resist something, hence the word struggle? IDK...

I'll try that, thanks.
    What I do is go to Driftveil City and buy a bitter herb, whatever the equivalent of a potion is, then battle and have the happy pokemon take a bit of damage. After feeding it the bitter herb, it's always just unhappy enough to go to the Salon. Although you'll have to repeat that for each visit.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Hey guys, I have Pokemon Black 2 and I am at the point in the game where there is nothing else to do in the game. I was thinking about restarting it and I want to, but I am not completely sure, what do you guys think?

If anyone has any ideas please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggyman View Post
    Hey guys, I have Pokemon Black 2 and I am at the point in the game where there is nothing else to do in the game. I was thinking about restarting it and I want to, but I am not completely sure, what do you guys think?
    That depends on what you've done already. The Pokestar Studios is one thing, if you like that. Battling is another option, PWT, Subway, Wi-Fi, but that does require a lot of effort. The Pokedex is one thing as well. I'd suggest shiny hunting, but that's another realm entirely. Basically, it's up to you. If you feel like starting over, maybe doing some sort of challenge would be to your liking. You can really do whatever you feel fits best.
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:
    (on hold)

Here's an example:

Let's say I have a Turtwig on my Platnium version, but I nicknamed it "Turtwig" so that its name isn't in all caps. If I transfer this pokémon to BW2, will it still be called Turtwig if it ever evolves into Grotle?
        Spoiler:- Currently Retconning & Reconfiguring- Will Update Soon:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Here's an example:

Let's say I have a Turtwig on my Platnium version, but I nicknamed it "Turtwig" so that its name isn't in all caps. If I transfer this pokémon to BW2, will it still be called Turtwig if it ever evolves into Grotle?
    Yes, it will still be called "Turtwig" when you evolve it.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and STARF and LANSAT Berries available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Krap, then I hope the pokémon I just nicknamed & transferred don't get evos in X & Y
        Spoiler:- Currently Retconning & Reconfiguring- Will Update Soon:

Can I immediately trade from a cleared W1 to a newly started B2?

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    Yes, you can trade as soon as you have access to a Pokemon Centre and have at least two Pokemon in your party.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, you can trade as soon as you have access to a Pokemon Centre and have at least two Pokemon in your party.
    I started White 2 after finishing Black 2, and I wanted to trade a pokerus pokemon over from Black 2 to White 2 so my battle team would get it. I could get into the Pokemon Center at any time, but the UNION ROOM did not open until AFTER I cleared the first gym in White 2. So you might have to beat the stuffing out of Cheren before you can trade, Pit-Fall.
    Regigigas fan

My Shinies

Honedgeflabebesylveon skrelptyruntamaura
    Goomyklefkivivillon

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

The ability to trade requires you beat the first gym and talk to Bianca. I think it's when she gives you the C-gear that trading is allowed.
    Going to Montreal's Otakuthon this summer? There will be a Pokemon meet up spot this year for casual battles, trades and other IR activities! ^_^
    Pearl BQ: 1. 2. Hunting in Eterna Forest
    SS BQ: 1. 2. Hunting
    And here is what happens when you get the Shiny Charm: http://taeryne.deviantart.com/art/Me...atch-445262323

Ok, been using the habitat lists to complete the Unova dex. For some reason, I am not getting a 'complete' notice for Seaside Cave, even though I've caught every pokemon that can be there. Am I missing something? Do I need to go see them in the cave to get it marked? Or do I need to get the prof to check it?
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Quote Originally Posted by echo13 View Post
    Ok, been using the habitat lists to complete the Unova dex. For some reason, I am not getting a 'complete' notice for Seaside Cave, even though I've caught every pokemon that can be there. Am I missing something? Do I need to go see them in the cave to get it marked? Or do I need to get the prof to check it?
    So you're missing something in some way. The mark would show up automatically if it was complete, and it doesn't matter if it seen in the cave or elsewhere. Pokemon found simply walking around in Seaside Cave are Golduck, Excadrill, Tynamo, Boldore, Eelektrik, Seel, Shuckle and Woobat. Shuckle is rare (5%) and found only in Seaside Cave's lower floor, so you might be missing that.

If it's not that, Frillish, Jellicent, Seel and Dewgong are the only things found via Surfing, and Luvdisc, Shellder and Cloyster are the only things found via fishing, but I'm willing to bet Shuckle is that nasty one you're missing, since it's not used by any trainer nor found anywhere else.
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:
    (on hold)

Just an quick breeding question, but lets say you train your male eevee to lvl 22 so it learns quick attack and you let it breed with an ditto.
    Will the offspring get the move Quick attack in its moveset at lvl 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    Just an quick breeding question, but lets say you train your male eevee to lvl 22 so it learns quick attack and you let it breed with an ditto.
    Will the offspring get the move Quick attack in its moveset at lvl 1 ?
    It will only pass moves through a ditto if they are egg moves.
    To pass a level up move, you need both parents to know the move.
    The reason it doesn't work with ditto is it does not copy the moveset of the pokemon it breeds with.
    Going to Montreal's Otakuthon this summer? There will be a Pokemon meet up spot this year for casual battles, trades and other IR activities! ^_^
    Pearl BQ: 1. 2. Hunting in Eterna Forest
    SS BQ: 1. 2. Hunting
    And here is what happens when you get the Shiny Charm: http://taeryne.deviantart.com/art/Me...atch-445262323

It must be shuckle then, though I could have sworn I battled a trainer with one in pwt or subway... ok, off to hunt for shuckles!
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Quote Originally Posted by echo13 View Post
    It must be shuckle then, though I could have sworn I battled a trainer with one in pwt or subway... ok, off to hunt for shuckles!
    Ah, yeah. I should add then, that anything seen in the PWT or Subway doesn't get recorded on your Pokedex, so you could have fought a Shuckle there. It just doesn't record it.

Current Hunts:
    (on hold)

This is why I'm naming my Totodile on Emerald "Feraligatr" for when I migrate it.

I remember the Masuda Method for obtaining shinies, but I can't remember if breeding a regular pokemon with a shiny one would help raise the odds of getting a shiny. I was gonna try combining the two methods.

Page 228 of 236 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232 ... LastLast