Page 234 of 238 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 5936

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot, but I had a question about secret ID's for Black 2. Does the secret ID change if you restart the game? Or does it remain the same if you start over with a new character? Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by boxerjr View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot, but I had a question about secret ID's for Black 2. Does the secret ID change if you restart the game? Or does it remain the same if you start over with a new character? Thank you so much!
    It changes.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So, is there a way to check my secret ID before catching any pokemon? Like at the beginning of the game before I pick my starter?
    Last edited by boxerjr; 30th January 2014 at 1:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerjr View Post
    So, is there a way to check my secret ID before catching any pokemon? Like at the beginning of the game before I pick my starter?
    Not without hacking.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would have a 5th gen gastrodon with Earth Power, I have alot of interesting stuff. Add me 1521-3758-8198.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyplaya View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would have a 5th gen gastrodon with Earth Power, I have alot of interesting stuff. Add me 1521-3758-8198.
    You may have better luck here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...20-Trade-Forum
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

It's been three and a half weeks since I started SRing for a shiny Virizion, and I've finally been arsed to ask something.

Sometimes my Sigilyph 1HKO's it with Air Slash. I heard the pokemon will come back whenever, if it does faint. It's been forever since I remembered when and where Virizion shows up after it faints, but I can easily look that up.

What I can't find though, is if Virizion would keep the same stats/natures/traits as before. More-so, if I knock out the shiny, will it still be shiny the next time I'm able to face it?
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

Quote Originally Posted by MapleTard View Post
    It's been three and a half weeks since I started SRing for a shiny Virizion, and I've finally been arsed to ask something.

Sometimes my Sigilyph 1HKO's it with Air Slash. I heard the pokemon will come back whenever, if it does faint. It's been forever since I remembered when and where Virizion shows up after it faints, but I can easily look that up.

What I can't find though, is if Virizion would keep the same stats/natures/traits as before. More-so, if I knock out the shiny, will it still be shiny the next time I'm able to face it?
    No, when it faints the stats are re-rolled again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, when it faints the stats are re-rolled again.
    Aw, going to try more careful moves then, thanks!
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

Started up Black 2 recently and used Memory Link with Black for the first time! I'm in the Desert Resort and just ran into N's Darmanitan. It was waaay ahead of my levels (He was Lv35 and I have Lv26-27 Pokemon) and the only thing I could really do was defeat it. Have I lost my opportunity to catch it (And should I therefore reset?) or will it respawn?
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

They respawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N%27s_Pok%C3%A9mon
    While there is only one of each Pokémon, if the Pokémon faints or the battle is otherwise ended without the Pokémon being caught, it can be encountered again.

Could someone explain to me how the IV breeding works in the fifth generation (Black and White 2) ? I didn't really understand when I read a guide somewhere...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Could someone explain to me how the IV breeding works in the fifth generation (Black and White 2) ? I didn't really understand when I read a guide somewhere...
    Gen 5 hasn't changed at from Gen 4....
    Well, you have 6 IVs for every Pokemon. Three of them are assigned random values, while the other three are inherited from both the parents.

It can be any combination - 1 from mother & 2 from father, 2 from mother & 1 from father, maybe 3 from mother only, 3 from father only. They'll all be different stats - so no worries of Attack being inherited from father, then Attack being inherited from mother; thus overriding the father's inherited Attack.

You can also ensure that one stat from one parent is passed onto the baby by making the parent hold onto the respective Power item. So, if the father/mother holds onto a Power Anklet, then the baby is guaranteed to have the Speed IV of that parent. Making both parents hold onto a Power item will just make either stat be passed down at random. So, that's pretty much it.

You can guarantee one IV being passed down, two other's will just randomly be inherited from either parent, while the remain three will take completely random values. Hope it isn't a confusing read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Gen 5 hasn't changed at from Gen 4....
    Well, you have 6 IVs for every Pokemon. Three of them are assigned random values, while the other three are inherited from both the parents.

It can be any combination - 1 from mother & 2 from father, 2 from mother & 1 from father, maybe 3 from mother only, 3 from father only. They'll all be different stats - so no worries of Attack being inherited from father, then Attack being inherited from mother; thus overriding the father's inherited Attack.

You can also ensure that one stat from one parent is passed onto the baby by making the parent hold onto the respective Power item. So, if the father/mother holds onto a Power Anklet, then the baby is guaranteed to have the Speed IV of that parent. Making both parents hold onto a Power item will just make either stat be passed down at random. So, that's pretty much it.

You can guarantee one IV being passed down, two other's will just randomly be inherited from either parent, while the remain three will take completely random values. Hope it isn't a confusing read.
    Mh, I see. So having 4 perfect IVs or more will be luck's decision, am I right ? I started IV breeding in X, so that's why I didn't understand much...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Not really an in-game question but how do most DW trades go? I was surprised to see some people offer shinies. Since I bought my game in January I never really got to use Dream World so I don't understand why they're so rare when everyone could visit it. lol
    B/W2 Team
    My team is all unbalanced bcz I only choose cute ones or pkmn with awesome growls. Usually the latter one.
    White 2: Name: Zeo FC: 1593 8191 2887

5 losses. 4 against Cheren, 1 against Colress. lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter
    I'm still going with my tried-and-true orange juice+wall method. Set me back a few DSs, but it caught every legendary so far.
    Funny quote (used w/ permission)

Quote Originally Posted by Marquane View Post
    Not really an in-game question but how do most DW trades go? I was surprised to see some people offer shinies. Since I bought my game in January I never really got to use Dream World so I don't understand why they're so rare when everyone could visit it. lol
    Everyone could visit, yes, but getting the Pokemon you want and it actually having its Hidden Ability is a real hassle, and of course you can't get them any more without breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Mh, I see. So having 4 perfect IVs or more will be luck's decision, am I right ? I started IV breeding in X, so that's why I didn't understand much...
    Yeah. Most people will settle for 4 flawless stats. It depends on the Pokemon's function, e.g. a physical attacker has no need for a flawless Sp.Att. But do note that in XY, most people breed for Pokemons with 6 flawless IVs because of Destiny Knot's upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Everyone could visit, yes, but getting the Pokemon you want and it actually having its Hidden Ability is a real hassle, and of course you can't get them any more without breeding.
    As in 1 in 8,000+ chance hassle or like "this could easily take a day" type of hassle? lol From what it sounds like it's the latter once you add natures into the mix. I guess I'll have to just think hard on what to offer.
    B/W2 Team
    My team is all unbalanced bcz I only choose cute ones or pkmn with awesome growls. Usually the latter one.

I'm still going with my tried-and-true orange juice+wall method. Set me back a few DSs, but it caught every legendary so far.

It was really hard to get Pokémon you wanted. The Pokémon you found were often pulled from a selected pool of Pokémon, which was chosen most of the time randomly when you visited the Island*. You could only get on average 3 Pokémon per island trip, so it was harder to get certain Pokémon, even if you were unlocked it. Some Pokémon didn't appear until you played for a few months. Oh, you were also Limited to 1 Pokémon per day per game. One other thing is that some players couldn't regularly visit an enabled Wifi area to collect/Deposit the Pokémon.

*After the BW2 updates, the Pokémon types you tucked in make certain areas appear more often, if you had unlocked the area.

Only in Gen 5, only Females could Pass down their Hidden Ability via Breeding, it appeared that all DW Pokémon that could be either gender was set to 7 males to 1 Female, Making it harder to Breed HAs.

If you have Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokémon Black 2/White 2, these Pokémon are easier to get hold of: http://serebii.net/dreamradar/pokemon.shtml - However you do needed to buy a DS game and a 3DS eStore app, and a 3DS.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    It was really hard to get Pokémon you wanted. The Pokémon you found were often pulled from a selected pool of Pokémon, which was chosen most of the time randomly when you visited the Island*. You could only get on average 3 Pokémon per island trip, so it was harder to get certain Pokémon, even if you were unlocked it. Some Pokémon didn't appear until you played for a few months. Oh, you were also Limited to 1 Pokémon per day per game. One other thing is that some players couldn't regularly visit an enabled Wifi area to collect/Deposit the Pokémon.

*After the BW2 updates, the Pokémon types you tucked in make certain areas appear more often, if you had unlocked the area.

Only in Gen 5, only Females could Pass down their Hidden Ability via Breeding, it appeared that all DW Pokémon that could be either gender was set to 7 males to 1 Female, Making it harder to Breed HAs.

If you have Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokémon Black 2/White 2, these Pokémon are easier to get hold of: http://serebii.net/dreamradar/pokemon.shtml - However you do needed to buy a DS game and a 3DS eStore app, and a 3DS.
    That really does sounds like a hassle...

Thanks you guys. I know not to take DW lightly now.
    B/W2 Team

That really does sounds like a hassle...

Thanks you guys. I know not to take DW lightly now.
    Well, the DW isn't active anymore, so you can't access it even if you are playing B2W2. You will have a VERY difficult time getting Hidden Ability Pokemon on your game because most people have XY now and have transferred up all of their DW Pokemon. In XY, Pokemon with Hidden Abilities (HA) are available in the Friend Safari and in Hordes, but there are some that are still Dream World-exclusive, and since the DW isn't available anymore, it makes those particular HA Pokemon very valuable. One good thing is that male Pokemon can pass on their HAs now in XY, so if you had a male Pokemon with its HA, you can breed it now.

But yeah, everything Nutter said is true. The Dream World was VERY frustrating. You could only get the good Pokemon (like Eevee) after you'd been playing for months, and even then, it was completely up to chance if you even found that Pokemon while you were playing (and you were limited to one hour), and even if you did find that Pokemon, there was an 87% chance it would be male instead of female, and therefore useless.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Well, the DW isn't active anymore, so you can't access it even if you are playing B2W2. You will have a VERY difficult time getting Hidden Ability Pokemon on your game because most people have XY now and have transferred up all of their DW Pokemon. In XY, Pokemon with Hidden Abilities (HA) are available in the Friend Safari and in Hordes, but there are some that are still Dream World-exclusive, and since the DW isn't available anymore, it makes those particular HA Pokemon very valuable. One good thing is that male Pokemon can pass on their HAs now in XY, so if you had a male Pokemon with its HA, you can breed it now.

But yeah, everything Nutter said is true. The Dream World was VERY frustrating. You could only get the good Pokemon (like Eevee) after you'd been playing for months, and even then, it was completely up to chance if you even found that Pokemon while you were playing (and you were limited to one hour), and even if you did find that Pokemon, there was an 87% chance it would be male instead of female, and therefore useless.
    Just as comprehensive as the last post. Now I understand why shinies are offered. This certainly does sound frustrating. In my case I was only doing it to create a PWT team without much thought on breeding, so if I asked for a male I could offer something less valuable. A female would obviously raise it's value by that same 87%. But either way it's still harder for the trainer to get either in the first place in order to breed them.

And X/Y DW trades aren't as harsh to begin with, so now DW value depends entirely on whether the person you trade with already has X/Y, and their luck with D/W breeding (I hear it can take up to tens of eggs to breed a DW ability, or is that only in B/W2?) as well as how generous they are, since it's it was still hard work getting there, or so I assume all of this.
    B/W2 Team

And X/Y DW trades aren't as harsh to begin with, so now DW value depends entirely on whether the person you trade with already has X/Y, and their luck with D/W breeding (I hear it can take up to tens of eggs to breed a DW ability, or is that only in B/W2?) as well as how generous they are, since it's it was still hard work getting there, or so I assume all of this.
    XY DW trades aren't as harsh because the Friend Safari makes HA Pokemon available more readily and you can encounter the one you want really easily; plus, males pass on their HA ability now when bred with a Ditto, so either gender is viable. In B2W2, breeding for an HA was a hassle like you said, because ONLY the female would pass on her ability and she won't pass it on if breeding with Ditto - she has to breed with something in her egg group that isn't Ditto. And, on top of that, there was only a 30% chance she'd pass on the HA. Now, in XY, males have something like an 80% chance to pass on their HA if breeding with a Ditto. So in B/W/B2W2, it was hard work to get a DW ability, while in XY, it's much, much easier. The only difficult thing about HAs in XY is getting the ones that are DW-exclusive and are no longer available because the DW is closed.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Is the side quest for the Curtis/ the other girl hard? I asked what is there to do after ward and they mentioned this to me. They said with a heavy side this but made it sound like it was really heard. Just courious
    Signature Strike 1.
    The image is taller than 400 pixels, so it has been removed.

3ds Fc 0962-9574-3533 IGN Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Thefourelements View Post
    Is the side quest for the Curtis/ the other girl hard? I asked what is there to do after ward and they mentioned this to me. They said with a heavy side this but made it sound like it was really heard. Just courious
    It's not hard, it's just obnoxious and time-consuming. Basically you have to find Curtis/Yancy's item, then call them 50 times (literally, 50 times) to make friends with them, then after that, call them in specific places in the game world multiple times a day to get them to trade with you. But where you need to call them is completely random. Since the DW is down, you could probably reset your DS time and day after each trade and get it all done at once. Go here to get specific instructions on what to do.

-------

Page 234 of 238 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238 LastLast