Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238
Results 5,926 to 5,932 of 5932

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

  1. #5926
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach96 View Post
    Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this.
    I have spent the last few months going back over some of the games before Pokémon X and Y to bridge the gap between my FireRed with a complete Pokédex and the Y version I bought when it came out last year. After beating SoulSilver last week, I am trying to trade some of the Pokémon from it to my White 2 game by using Download Play (as I understand this to be the only way of trading from the previous generation games). I received a communication error when I attempt to do this, and I have already reset my Wi-Fi security to none and two WEP with no results.

    I understand that in May of this year, Nintendo shut down DS networking services. Does this mean that I cannot trade between my own SoulSilver and White 2 games and my own DS systems? This seems ridiculous.

    Thank you for your time.
    You CAN still transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to 5 as wi-fi is not required for that.

    To transfer, you'll need to go to the Poke Transfer Lab on your White 2, which is located on Route 15. IIRC, you have to have beaten the main story before you can go there. Anyway, in the transfer lab you have to talk to one of the scientists at the back of the room and then go to the download play option on your *other* system (with SoulSilver in that DS). You should be able to access the Poke Transfer from there and send Pokemon over to White 2.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 23rd December 2014 at 6:00 AM.

  2. #5927
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bryan, TX
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    You CAN still transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to 5 as wi-fi is not required for that.

    To transfer, you'll need to go to the Poke Transfer Lab on your White 2, which is located on Route 15. IIRC, you have to have beaten the main story before you can go there. Anyway, in the transfer lab you have to talk to one of the scientists at the back of the room and then go to the download play option on your *other* system (with SoulSilver in that DS). You should be able to access the Poke Transfer from there and send Pokemon over to White 2.
    I really want this to be the case, that maybe there is something wrong with one of my systems. However, I have spoken with someone at Nintendo's tech support department and they told me that even local trading was disabled when they discontinued wireless services in May.

    Does Download Play not require WiFi? When I tried this with wireless disabled on both devices I was told I had to enable it.

    I would really like it if someone could confirm whether or not trading can still take place between BW/B2W2 and any game from the prior generation. If so, I will happily purchase a new system to try and make this work.
    Last edited by Zach96; 23rd December 2014 at 9:26 PM.
    Nintendo Network ID: Seedspark
    Friend Code: 3454-1213-8824

    Games beaten: Pokemon Blue, Silver, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, SoulSilver, White2, and Y

  3. #5928
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach96 View Post
    I really want this to be the case, that maybe there is something wrong with one of my systems. However, I have spoken with someone at Nintendo's tech support department and they told me that even local trading was disabled when they discontinued wireless services in May.

    Does Download Play not require WiFi? When I tried this with wireless disabled on both devices I was told I had to enable it.

    I would really like it if someone could confirm whether or not trading can still take place between BW/B2W2 and any game from the prior generation. If so, I will happily purchase a new system to try and make this work.
    Yes, transferring between Gen 4 & 5 games can still take place, as can local trading between games of the same generation. I have done both several times since the wi-fi shutdown.

    Wi-fi and the system's wireless connection abilities are not the same. You do not need to have a wi-fi connection in order to use the local wireless features of the DS; they are completely unaffected by the shutdown.

    If you cannot transfer at all, then the only reasons I can think of are that there is something wrong with one of your systems or you've made a mistake somewhere in the transfer process. Are you 100% sure you've been trying to transfer correctly?

  4. #5929
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach96 View Post
    I really want this to be the case, that maybe there is something wrong with one of my systems. However, I have spoken with someone at Nintendo's tech support department and they told me that even local trading was disabled when they discontinued wireless services in May.

    Does Download Play not require WiFi? When I tried this with wireless disabled on both devices I was told I had to enable it.

    I would really like it if someone could confirm whether or not trading can still take place between BW/B2W2 and any game from the prior generation. If so, I will happily purchase a new system to try and make this work.
    You need the "wireless" option turn on. The Wireless option will turn off ALL communication with other DS or 3DSes, not just wifi.

    The DS "phat" and DS lite doesn't have the option to disable wireless. In the DSi Models, check the Setting Menu and the middle menu option on Screen 1 will be "Wireless Comunications" just make sure ON is selected. The "older" 3DS and the "older" 3DS XL, has a wireless switch on the Right side with a Yellow light near by. If it's Flashing, or on constantly, the Wirless is on. Use that switch to turn on. Due to the Way 3DS/3DS XL Wireless switch works with DS and DSi games, you need to turn it on when on the 3DS home menu. The 2DS's switch is under the spanner icon on the Main Menu.

    Download play works fine, as does with All Local wireless functions with all the games. If you using one of 3DS family as the console to take Pokémon from, just remember to select DS Download play, not 3DS download play.

    Local Wireless trading works.. I did it a few moments ago, with my 3ds with Heart Gold and DS "phat" with Diamond. Just check what is on those screens.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 23rd December 2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  5. #5930
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bryan, TX
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Yes, transferring between Gen 4 & 5 games can still take place, as can local trading between games of the same generation. I have done both several times since the wi-fi shutdown.

    Wi-fi and the system's wireless connection abilities are not the same. You do not need to have a wi-fi connection in order to use the local wireless features of the DS; they are completely unaffected by the shutdown.

    If you cannot transfer at all, then the only reasons I can think of are that there is something wrong with one of your systems or you've made a mistake somewhere in the transfer process. Are you 100% sure you've been trying to transfer correctly?
    Ok, cautiously optimistic now.

    I am going to Route 15's trade building in White 2 on my 3DS, getting to the Download Play message, opening Download Play on my DSi with SoulSilver in the cartridge slot, selecting the download play instance of the correct ID number, and then after waiting a few seconds it gives me an error that says "the data could not be read. Please turn off the system and try again" or something very close to those words.

    I have never used this system to trade before, since I bought it specifically for what I am now attempting to do. I will try trading between two 3Ds systems and see if I am able to make that work.

    Thank you for your help.
    Nintendo Network ID: Seedspark
    Friend Code: 3454-1213-8824

    Games beaten: Pokemon Blue, Silver, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, SoulSilver, White2, and Y

  6. #5931
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach96 View Post
    Ok, cautiously optimistic now.

    I am going to Route 15's trade building in White 2 on my 3DS, getting to the Download Play message, opening Download Play on my DSi with SoulSilver in the cartridge slot, selecting the download play instance of the correct ID number, and then after waiting a few seconds it gives me an error that says "the data could not be read. Please turn off the system and try again" or something very close to those words.

    I have never used this system to trade before, since I bought it specifically for what I am now attempting to do. I will try trading between two 3Ds systems and see if I am able to make that work.

    Thank you for your help.
    If it helps, I did your exact use case and had no issue. Used the 3DS as host system and downloaded the transfer program to a DSi, so it shouldn't definitely be working. It sounds like it could even be your White cartridge, since that's where the data has to originate from.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #5932
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bryan, TX
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If it helps, I did your exact use case and had no issue. Used the 3DS as host system and downloaded the transfer program to a DSi, so it shouldn't definitely be working. It sounds like it could even be your White cartridge, since that's where the data has to originate from.
    That does help, I was pretty disgusted last weekend when I tried all of this and couldn't get it to work. Now I (just) have to check out each part of the equation one by one until I find the problem.

    Thanks everyone for confirming that it really still can be done.
    Nintendo Network ID: Seedspark
    Friend Code: 3454-1213-8824

    Games beaten: Pokemon Blue, Silver, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, SoulSilver, White2, and Y

Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •