Page 92 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 5922

Thread: Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Yes. Juniper gives you one.

And Colress gives you another if you defeat him in postgame.

Hey guys! I want some clarifications before I buy the game. What exactly does the post-game consist of nowadays? I have not played the games since Diamond, so I have no real clue.

Once you finish the League, can you then venture to all the other regions in the Pokeverse, or only selected regions, and if so which regions? Also, would one be able to finish the majority of the National Pokédex with only B2 or W2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tompa974 View Post
    Hey guys! I want some clarifications before I buy the game. What exactly does the post-game consist of nowadays? I have not played the games since Diamond, so I have no real clue.

Once you finish the League, can you then venture to all the other regions in the Pokeverse, or only selected regions, and if so which regions? Also, would one be able to finish the majority of the National Pokédex with only B2 or W2?
    The post-game in this iteration is pretty darn large, but these games only take place in one region, Unova.

After you beat the E4, there are still 5 more cities and mutiple routes / caves to explore. There's about 10 legendaries to catch. Of course, there are 649 Pokemon to collect. But also, there are Pokemon musicals to participate in (which are like expanded Pokemon Contests in a way), Pokemon movies to make (this is fun but hard to compare it to anything), there's the Pokemon World Tournament (battle tough trainers from generations past), there's Black Skyscraper / White Treehollow (another battle challenge set up like a maze), and the Battle Subway (like the Battle Tower of old, but with more options).

There about 200 Pokemon that can only obtained by trading with Black / White or transferring from Diamond / Pearl / Platinum / Heart Gold / Soul Silver.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    The post-game in this iteration is pretty darn large, but these games only take place in one region, Unova.

After you beat the E4, there are still 5 more cities and mutiple routes / caves to explore. There's about 10 legendaries to catch. Of course, there are 649 Pokemon to collect. But also, there are Pokemon musicals to participate in (which are like expanded Pokemon Contests in a way), Pokemon movies to make (this is fun but hard to compare it to anything), there's the Pokemon World Tournament (battle tough trainers from generations past), there's Black Skyscraper / White Treehollow (another battle challenge set up like a maze), and the Battle Subway (like the Battle Tower of old, but with more options).

There about 200 Pokemon that can only obtained by trading with Black / White or transferring from Diamond / Pearl / Platinum / Heart Gold / Soul Silver.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong: We can catch 649 Pokémon in BW2 and there are 200 more to be collected out of those two games. Or is it 449 in BW2?

The post-game do not include any other regions then. That was a small letdown for me. I did like the idea of how HGSS plays out in post game (never played it but read about it.), so I might buy that game at some point. Despite this, as you say, there seems to be plenty to do in the post-game. Thanks for the answer.

My biggest goal if I did buy the game would be to play with Casual to Semi-competitive fighting. Could someone guide me with a few links on where I could read up on this, with guides and such? Thanks for any help. I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tompa974 View Post
    So, correct me if I'm wrong: We can catch 649 Pokémon in BW2 and there are 200 more to be collected out of those two games. Or is it 449 in BW2?

The post-game do not include any other regions then. That was a small letdown for me. I did like the idea of how HGSS plays out in post game (never played it but read about it.), so I might buy that game at some point. Despite this, as you say, there seems to be plenty to do in the post-game. Thanks for the answer.

My biggest goal if I did buy the game would be to play with Casual to Semi-competitive fighting. Could someone guide me with a few links on where I could read up on this, with guides and such? Thanks for any help. I appreciate it!
    You can catch right around 449 in Unova, although a decent amount of that number requires evolving and breeding too. The other 200 require trading or transferring.

Smogon.com is really the forefront of competitive Pokemon, but their forums have a section for tutorials as well as casual battles.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

1) Where can I find the person that tells me my Pokemon's Hidden Power type? Or is there even a person that does this in B2+W2?

2) Where can I find the person that tells me my Pokemon's IV info? Supposedly he is in the Gear Station of the Battle Subway, but I could not find him.

Thanks and sorry if these have been asked before. Even with the advanced search this thread is way too long to read the whole thing. None of Serebii's articles on Hidden Power or IVs are updated for Black and White, let alone B2+W2
    Last edited by kyle72686; 15th October 2012 at 7:16 PM.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    1) Where can I find the person that tells me my Pokemon's Hidden Power type? Or is there even a person that does this in B2+W2?

2) Where can I find the person that tells me my Pokemon's IV info? Supposedly he is in the Gear Station of the Battle Subway, but I could not find him.

Thanks and sorry if these have been asked before. Even with the advanced search this thread is way too long to read the whole thing. None of Serebii's articles on Hidden Power or IVs are updated for Black and White, let alone B2+W2
    Right... http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/useful.shtml

^ CLICK FOR GEN 3 - GEN 5 POKEMON EVENTS ^
    Pokemon Dream Radar Collection
    Pokemon WHITE: 3525-1343-5026
    Pokemon BLACK: 3095-7021-8024
    Pokemon X/Y: 1075-0900-1193 FILIP.
    *dont talk to people who are looking for "anything", they're not, they're a waste of time*

1. I recently had a random person at Join Avenue (As in just one of those random NPCs that shows up each day) and after I sent them to a shop the owner of the shop sent them to another shop and this continued for 7 shops. Each shop that was visited gained an increased amount of reputation up to 200 (I think)... I.E. Shop 1 got 50, shop 2 got 73, etc.

How do you trigger this again and how does it happen? Basically, my shop owners recommended shops to the customer and she visited almost the entire avenue. I received a massive amount of rep for my shops and Avenue!

2. How do I receive more PC boxes? I like having one for each type, and right now I only have 8.
    Last edited by Dragontamer1011; 15th October 2012 at 7:48 PM.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

Hidden Power guy is in PWT.
    IV guy should be in the battle subway still, but he might only show up after you beat the E4 the first time.
    for more PC boxes, put something in each of your 8 boxes, log out of PC and then log back in. more boxes should appear. keep doing that until you unlock all the boxes. (i think it was 24 total?)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    2. How do I receive more PC boxes? I like having one for each type, and right now I only have 8.
    Make sure there's at least one Pokémon in each box (at least, that's what it was like in BW).

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Make sure there's at least one Pokémon in each box (at least, that's what it was like in BW).
    Oh wow, really? That explains alot... My brother couldn't figure out why he didn't have as many boxes as I did and I had no clue how I got 24. That was in the original B/W, anyway.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

Posted this earlier. Is there a way of telling switch shard you get when you lose at PWT? As i need red shards badly

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    You can catch right around 449 in Unova, although a decent amount of that number requires evolving and breeding too. The other 200 require trading or transferring.

Smogon.com is really the forefront of competitive Pokemon, but their forums have a section for tutorials as well as casual battles.
    Thanks for the help! OCD Catch 'em all, here I come!

I'll definitively check Smogon.com out. Again, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkes70 View Post
    Posted this earlier. Is there a way of telling switch shard you get when you lose at PWT? As i need red shards badly
    So far as I know it's completely random

How do I get the TM 93 Wild Charge in the Victory Road I have Surf and Waterfall on my Samurott if required.
    Last edited by Paul1985; 15th October 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkes70 View Post
    I don't think so, but there is a Funfest Mission where you can get lots of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    1. I recently had a random person at Join Avenue (As in just one of those random NPCs that shows up each day) and after I sent them to a shop the owner of the shop sent them to another shop and this continued for 7 shops. Each shop that was visited gained an increased amount of reputation up to 200 (I think)... I.E. Shop 1 got 50, shop 2 got 73, etc.

How do you trigger this again and how does it happen? Basically, my shop owners recommended shops to the customer and she visited almost the entire avenue. I received a massive amount of rep for my shops and Avenue!
    It seems completely random, though if anything, it could be tied to what the suggested shops for the day are.

It's also random as to whether the shopkeeper will suggest another store, as well as whether or not the customer will even decide to heed the suggestion.

Ok, so on the Pokéarth page for Celestial Tower, I see all of these trainers with post-game levels listed, but I have no idea how they appear, since they're not there when I visit there. What do I need to do to for them to appear?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Does the Entree's level increase based how many missions you've done total or how many different missions you've finished?

I'm not really noticing any rhyme or reason to when I get level increases.

Quote Originally Posted by FILIP22 View Post
    Thanks for answering my questions by posting a link that I already posted \:

There is no mention of a Hidden Power guy in that article. Is there even one in the game?

The Gear Station has 1 guy that asks you for different phrases, and 3 guys that talk about the gear station and battle subway, a bunch of people that trade BP for prices, and the guys that let you on the trains. There is no IV checker in the gear station.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Thanks for answering my questions by posting a link that I already posted \:

There is no mention of a Hidden Power guy in that article. Is there even one in the game?

The Gear Station has 1 guy that asks you for different phrases, and 3 guys that talk about the gear station and battle subway, a bunch of people that trade BP for prices, and the guys that let you on the trains. There is no IV checker in the gear station.
    You must have missed my answer

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Hidden Power guy is in PWT.
    IV guy should be in the battle subway still, but he might only show up after you beat the E4 the first time.

for more PC boxes, put something in each of your 8 boxes, log out of PC and then log back in. more boxes should appear. keep doing that until you unlock all the boxes. (i think it was 24 total?)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985 View Post
    How do I get the TM 93 Wild Charge in the Victory Road I have Surf and Waterfall on my Samurott if required.
    If you're playing Black 2, you'll need to access the forest area first, which does requires Waterfall and Surf. The path to access the waterfall is in front of the only Strength rock in VR, if I recall correctly. Walk into the forest, you'll then reach a path that extends into the first room (the ruins-like room), and by surfing, you'll eventually reach the TM, guarded by 2 Veterans in a double battle.

If you're playing White 2, then I don't know the answer, sorry. If I recall correctly, the layout of the VR is different.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Ok, so on the Pokéarth page for Celestial Tower, I see all of these trainers with post-game levels listed, but I have no idea how they appear, since they're not there when I visit there. What do I need to do to for them to appear?
    I think they'll appear there post-game. Kinda like how that one Lass who said she's tired will disappear the next time you visit the tower, except that these post-game trainers are appearing instead of disappearing.

But if you are already post-game and they still don't appear....then I don't know the answer.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    If you're playing Black 2, you'll need to access the forest area first, which does requires Waterfall and Surf. The path to access the waterfall is in front of the only Strength rock in VR, if I recall correctly. Walk into the forest, you'll then reach a path that extends into the first room (the ruins-like room), and by surfing, you'll eventually reach the TM, guarded by 2 Veterans in a double battle.

If you're playing White 2, then I don't know the answer, sorry. If I recall correctly, the layout of the VR is different.
    Thanks for your help as I was playing Black 2 I got it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I think they'll appear there post-game. Kinda like how that one Lass who said she's tired will disappear the next time you visit the tower, except that these post-game trainers are appearing instead of disappearing.

But if you are already post-game and they still don't appear....then I don't know the answer.
    Oh, yeah, I've been in post-game for almost a week now, and I have no idea how those trainers show up. I tried ringing the bell at the top, talking to everyone in the tower, and talking to the girl after she left the tower. Do I maybe need to catch Mesprit?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

My Pokemon have gained the special superstar animation when they come out their Pokeballs from completing things at the Pokestar Studios... However, I found how it has began to annoy me slightly and it just doesnt feel right... Is there any way to get rid of the special entrances?

Page 92 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast