Page 9 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

OOOOOK! So, where I left off last time was in front of Roxie's gym with my team of level 15ish Tepig, Riolu, Mareep, and Sunkurn. First I challenged the drummer, then the guitarist. I had to heal inbetween every battle, but that's not really a big deal. My actual battle against Roxie went pretty well. Just like my face off against Cheren, it came down to my last pokemon (Flaaffy I believe) with about half HP, but I beat her on the first try. Picked up my Toxic Badge and Venoshock and took off.

Now that I had the HM cut (I found it somewhere don't remember exactly) and the badge that let me use it, I went back to the complex to cut down the cutable tree that i found earlier. the item wasn't super, but whatever. After that I allowed Roxie'- wait, I forgot about PokeStar Studios. After the gym they have you go make your first movie. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than the musicals so that was good. I also recall something about beating up Team Plasma back in Virbank, but whatevs. So after all that I took the boat to Castelia City.

Castelia City seemed about the same, but it was still fun to explore and battle random people nonetheless. Once I tried to check out the gym, a blast from the past, Iris showed up and was all like yo, he's off looking for team plasma... and stuff. Come to think of it that was what my rival Nick was doing too, I had just forgotten. The search for Team Plasma led me to the city's new area, the sewers. It's actually pretty cool. A few items to pick up along the way, and what looks to be plenty of surfable area for later on. And also a few trainers too. Nick and I found and beat up Team Plasma pretty easy, and met up with Burgh and Cress... whatever his name is, the scientist guy.

Everyone took off and left me down there but I decided to mill around and explore more anyways. I caught a bunch of new pokemon that looked good to me. Right off the bat I caught a Zubat to add to my team (dat Crobat). In a Dust Cloud in the relic passage next to the sewer I found a Drillbur, so I caught that as well. And if you go up this random flight of stairs you find this little grassy area that's actually in Castelia City, so I found and caught a Buneary there. I saw that there were Eevees there on the Habitat list, but it was too much effort to find one. Once I made it back to the pokemon center, I traded out my Sunkurn and Cut-slave Purrloin for Drillbur and Buneary. Also, while in the Sewer, I finally got my Riolu and Tepig to evolve. So my new team looked like: Pignite, Lucario, Flaaffy, Zubat, Drillbur, and Buneary. The new ones were 16-19 and the old ones were ~20. I healed, walked over to Burgh's gym, and saved since I had to leave for class.

His gym, despite looking a lot creepier (like seriously, it's kind of pretty, but soooo creepy too), seemed to be pretty easy. I started catching my new recruits up and they got to 20 in no time. Burgh was the easiest gym leader yet, I didn't lose a single pokemon in the fight. Anyways, yeah nabbed the Insect badge and... struggle bug (so useless!) and ran off towards Route 4. WHICH BLEW MY MIND It's all less deserty and stuff now xD I was like whoaaaa. Anyways, won the fight against the Scientist dude ez pz with drillbur (he used all steel types... wut?) And explored the rest of the desert. I only caught 2 pokemon here: Sandshrew because they're awesome, and a special Darumaka because it sparkled when it popped up but wasn't shiny. Weird right? Tuns out it belonged to N originally. Sweet deal xD

But yeah, so I quickly swept the Desert for stuff and continued to Nimbasa. Join avenue was pretty cool, I think I'll definitely be using that. Have 3 shops set up so far, a Cafe, a Raffle, and a... flower shop ._. whatever. In Nimbasa I healed up and teamed up with the female character, Rosa, to beat up the Subway Bosses. That was cool. Tripped around the rest of the city for a while, and beat all of the Hoopsters who were in the Small Court last night. After that however, it was super late so I got outside of the arena and called it quits, saved and went to bed. That's all for now, I'm sure I'll be playing more this evening.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Hmmmm... I evolved Gobe, my Vibrava into Flygon. I am not sure if I want to keep him, and drop Komaga the Camerupt, then fill HIS slot, or what. I haven't done too much today, aside from hitting the Hidden Grottoes. I found a Zangoose and a Foonguss. Not much good. I was hoping for Heracross on Route 12.
    ***New Signature To Come***

When I last left off, I had just received my 3rd badge from Burgh. The MVP of the match was Magnemite (Sci-Fi), again, as it was in my match Vs. Roxie prior.
    The next day (yesterday), I continued my adventure. I defeated Elesa to gain my 4th badge. The MVP title of that match is a tie between Magnemite (Sci-Fi) and Krokorok (Toph). Although Toph did most of the work, it was Sci-Fi's crippling Paralysis that kept the dreaded Emolga at bay. I went on to continue my quest to Driftveil City.
    On the way to Driftveil city, 3 landmarks in my journey took place:
    1) I obtained HM02 Fly
    2) Toph evolved into Krokorok
    3) Sci-Fi evolved into Magneton
    I finally arrived in Driftveil. First thing I did, of course, was head straight for the gym. I was pumped for this gym because my Dewott (Smurfin o') hadn't seen much action up until this point, as it was straggling at Lv. 25 while the other 2 were at 29 & 30. The battle was fierce. Smurfin o' scored the final shot on Excadrill to seal the deal, and I obtained my 5th badge.

Current team:

Smurfin o' Lv.31

Sci-Fi Lv.30

Toph Lv. 29

(Fly)

Where my quest takes me next, I am excited to find out.

Until next time!

Got through Route 7 and Celestial Tower in school today, picked up the Lucky Egg from Juniper to speed up training. Everyone on the current team has reached their final forms, so I now have no excuse if I lose to Skyla. Team is all Lv. 35/36.

EDIT: Made Skyla my b*tch. Lincoln's Electro Ball took care of Swoobat and Swanna, and Mink Car destroyed Skarmory. However, because I took full advantage of basic game mechanics and strategy, unfortunately, it did not count.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 9th October 2012 at 8:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Beat Skyla and the trainers in the Gym, which was pretty easy. I trained my team to the mid 30's and then went to the Gym.

Team:
    Emboar - Level 37
    Dragonair - Level 36
    Metang - Level 36
    Carracosta - Level 37
    Golett - Level 39
    Jolteon - Level 40 (forgot to take the Luck Egg off in the Gym)
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Just completely destroyed my rival in Undella Town after clearing out the bay and Route 14 of trainers.

Current team is-
    Serperior Lv.40
    Galvantula Lv.40
    Crobat Lv.40
    Darmanitan Lv.40
    Golduck Lv.40

I <3 Quagsire

Well I was hoping I'd be posting in this thread by now. My game arrived in my town on Sunday morning and it hasn't been delivered yet. Why is it taking 3 days to travel 5-10 miles? I could've low-crawled to the post office while blind and I'd already have the game.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Just got home so I started my journey. I named myself Robin, my rival Cj like I almost always do, got my starter which is a jolly male snivy, beat Cj and his weakling tepig. I got a critical hit which was cool, got the pokedex, learned how to catch pokemon, caught a purrloin and a patrat, got to Floccesy town, caught a sewaddle, sunkern, and now trying to find and catch a pidove.

Current team:

Mushu the snivy lv 9

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I got Pokemon White 2 and started my adventure 2 days ago. I chose a Tepig and named it Blaze. He is awesome. I also have caught a Psyduck named Aqua. I have two badges. Right now I am in Castelia City. I love Pokemon White 2!

Just beat ghetis, fairly simple with an over leveled darmantian.

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

I finally caught a pidove, then I went to the Floccesy ranch, caught an azurill, lillypup, and a riolu which I actually found before mareep XD I named him Barkly and he is my second team member, then I beat Cj again, caught a mareep, battled the 3 trainers here, got the frustration tm which I will most likely never use, and saved herdier.
    Current team:
    Mushu the snivy lv 10
    Barkly the riolu lv 10

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Default Black 2 Journey Post 16

I departed from Lentimas Town and went to Reverse Mountain. From there I went to the Strange House and met the ghost of a girl. I got the Lunar Wing and was told to bring it to the Marvelous Bridge. Then I went into the actual inside of Reverse Mountain and teamed up with Bianca. I learned a bit about the origins of Heatran and the Magma Stone. Then I made it to Undella Town. I caught myself a Staryu and named it Orion. Then I went back to Reverse Mountain and caught myself an Excadrill (to be specific, I caught 8 and kept the Adamant Sand Rush one that I was lucky to catch). He is now Simon and will pierce the heavens with his drill. And my team is now complete. Sort of. I'm going to use Route 14 and Undella Bay to train up my new members.

Spoiler:- Progress:
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Just beat it (with 24 hours in the play time). Now to start a new game on the harder difficulty. Hooray for typical RPG standards! After that and doing the side-quests, I'll be off to competitive battling once again.

Aside from that, should I handicap myself on my adventure this time (the Nuzzloke wasn't too hard)?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Making movies at alarming rates. Just finished part 1 of the giant women saga.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

I beat Elesa last night. I mainly used my Misdreavus to win the battle. After receiving the badge, I left the Gym and headed toward the exit of the city. When I was about to leave, I saw my rival confronting some Team Plasma people and I had to battle a couple of them. Once that was done, I left Nimbasa and crossed the drawbridge into Driftveil.

I spent some time exploring Driftveil. Then, I went to the house in the northern part of the city where some ex-Plasma members lived. I listened to them talk for a bit and saw the memory link event there. Also, I received N's Zorua, which I put in the PC.
    Now, I'm planning on doing some training and then I'll take on the fifth Gym. Hopefully I'll be able to do that later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlingbolt View Post
    Kendo (Dewott) isn't gonna see any action this Gym for obvious reasons, but Clay shouldn't be a problem for him.
    BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

Clay was a NIGHTMARE for me! I had three Ground weaknesses, and Mystique was no help at all except for death fodder while Kendo healed! The only reason I even got the ****ing Badge was because Excadrill was stupid and never used Bulldoze on Kendo!

Afterwards, I made myself do the PWT. Having taught Oracle Dark Pulse and Ice Punch made a world of difference! She breezed through the tournament, bar Hugh's Simisear, and swept Team Plasma! Mercy!

So anyway, still feeling upset over my struggles with Clay, I opted not to check out the Relic Passage today. I'm currently debating whether to keep Zen around or stop training him and use him to catch me a Flash Fire Litwick.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Talking Pokemon White 2 Journey - Post 05 - Burgh and the Strange Man Colress!

GUESS WHO CAUGHT TORNADUS THERIAN FORM THIS MORNING ON DREAM RADAR? THIS GUY!

-Went into the Dream World and got into the SPARKLING SEA. I'm really happy about that, because I have some serious weaknesses to Fire type Pokemon. After reaching the Tree of Dreams, I decided to send a Female Wailmer with the Pressure ability to White 2.
    -Trained Wailmer in the Virbank Complex.
    -Left for Castelia City once more.
    -Explored ALL of Castelia, obtaining items, advice, and nicknames for my Pokemon.
    -Fought everyone in the Battle Company.
    -Explored the Castelia Sewers and defeated Team Plasma there.
    -Caught a lot of Pokemon in the Sewers and received a Habitat Stamp for that area.
    -Challenged Burgh at his Pokemon Gym.
    -Obtained the Insect Badge, with special thanks to Magnemite and Wailmer.
    -Fought Colress on Route 4.
    -Returned to Castelia and saved in the Pokemon Center.

Team:

Wyrven(Servine) LV21 (Tackle, Growth, Leech Seed, Leaf Tornado)

Stag(Riolu) LV22 (Quick Attack, Force Palm, Endure, Feint)

Pulse(Magnemite) LV23 (Thunder Wave, Magnet Bomb, Spark, SonicBoom)

Sandi(Wailmer) LV22 (Rollout, Growl, Water Pulse, Bounce)

Name: Josh
    Time: 8:40
    Pokedex: Seen: 52 Obtained: 32

I made a LOT of progress last night, as you can clearly see compared to my previous post. This evening and into tonight, I aim to wrap up Route 4 and the Desert Resort, and arrive in Nimbasa. Wish me luck!

~nightsmith97
    Last edited by nightsmith97; 9th October 2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Forgot my stats.
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

Default Black 2 Journey Post 17

I finished training in Route 14 and Undella Bay. Then I went to Route 13. I skipped battling Cobalion because I want to catch the entire trio in one day, and I don't think I'll make it to Terrakion today. I then made it to Lacunosa Town and heard the legend of the Giant Chasm. Then I fought Zinzolin and explored up to the Village Bridge.

Friend Codes:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Just got ahold of my copy of White 2 on the 7th and only started it on the 8th...

My team so far is:

Toasty the Tepig -- Lv. 6
    Genesect -- Lv. 15

Not sure if I'm going to start working with Genesect right away or if I'm going to put him away for now to train him later. Decisions, decisions.

Beat my rival Lucian's Oshawott pretty easily...
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Default Black 2 Journey Post 18: Opelucid Gym

I made my way west of the Village Bridge over to Route 11. I skipped fighting Virizion for now. I then went over to Opelucid City (I like the version in White version better) and trained a bit in Route 9. I then challenged the Gym. It was easy for me. I got to Drayden no problem. He spammed Dragon Dance on Haxorus while I slapped him with Exia's Ice Punch. An easily obtained Legend Badge for me. When I left the Gym, I heard the legend of Kyurem and then Team Plasma hit the city with ice from their floating ship. How I survived, I'll never know. I fought some Team Plasma Grunts and Arios evolved. Now my team is completed, not counting movesets. I then fought Zinzolin and a member of the Shadow Triad. I'm going to head to Humilau City and the Giant Chasm next. But that's for next post.

Friend Codes:

Went through Chargestone Cave
    Caught and evolved a Tranquil
    Evolved Dewott
    Battled and Defeated Skyla

Current Team

Samurott 36
    Lucario 36
    Roselia 36
    Growlithe 37
    Jolteon 38
    Unfezant 36

So far today, I've explored all of the Desert Resort and Relic Castle (or at least what's available at that point), started up my Join Avenue (I have 3 shops so far), and arrived in Nimbasa.

While in the Desert Resort, I went on another catching spree, getting three new team members: Sigilyph (Sig), Maractus (Maria), and Trapinch (Vivi). And shout to Trapinch for learning a good ground move early! I also managed to get N's Darumaka and Darmanitan, the latter which almost destroyed my team (thank goodness for Thrash confusion!). I also managed to see N's Sigilyph, which I thought about using, until it used Whirlwind to escape D: Such a troll. I sure hope they respawn...

So I'm in Nimbasa now, should be able to beat the gym before bed.

Spoiler:- Team Progress:
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Just finished the Full Metal Cop series. Now onto Everlasting Memories (I gotta say, once I get through all of pokestar, I can become pretty rich early XD)
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Since my last dilemma before winning my 3rd badge. I defeated Burgh's gym by using my Eevee team. My supposedly Leafeon & Umbreon Eevees took care of the gym. It was fairly easy.

I decided to dropped Servine out of the team. When I arrived at the Nimbasa city, I finally got Thunderstone thanks to the Dowsing Machine, so Jolteon is the first out of my 5 Eevees to evolved. Then one of my Eevees got attached to me alot and it turned into Umbreon making him the second Eevee to evolve. Thanks to both Jolteon & Umbreon they both pretty much handled Elesa's gym.

After that I went ahead and traveled to Driftveil City. I got Zorua from Rood. I end my trip to this city by challenging Clay's gym which was no sweat at all thanks to my poketank Umbreon. He slaughtered most of the pokes. Umbreon managed to single handedly defeat Clay's roster by the combination of Work Up & Payback. Then Excadrill got One Hit KO by Umbreon's Dig.

Now I am goin to try my luck if I am able to snag a Water Stone from Relic Path. Crossing my fingers. I really wanted to evolve one of my Eevee into Vaporeon..

Team thus far:

Umbreon - Level 31 (Sassy nature)
    Jolteon - Level 30 (Quirky nature)
    Eevee - Level 25 (Adamant) will be Leafeon
    Eevee - Level 19 (Bold) Soon to be Vaporeon
    Eevee - Level 19 (Modest) will be Glaceon
    Last edited by Eeveemaster; 10th October 2012 at 2:30 AM.
    Mega Masquerain [Bug/Water]with Prankster

Make it happen GameFreak!!!!!

I just got through Chargestone Cave, and did a little grinding along the way. It wasn't easy, the way my team has turned out, because I had very few effective moves, and that made the battles drag a little bit. I think I'm going to explore around Mistralton before I challenge Skyla, just to check things out. At the moment, my team is:

Arthur: Dewott, lvl 32
    Guinevere: Roselia, lvl 30
    Gawain: Growlithe, lvl 31
    Mordred: Electabuzz, lvl 31
    Morgana: Zoroark, lvl 32
    Lancelot: Lucario, lvl 33
    Excalibur: Drilbur, lvl 29 (alternate)

If Skyla gives me a lot of trouble (though I don't think she will), I'll trade Mordred over to White and send him back with an Electrizer. I'm holding off on evolving Gawain and Guinevere until Guinevere learns Petal Dance, and Gawain learns Outrage, Heat Wave and Flare Blitz. The team really balances out well, and I've had a pretty easy time countering whatever's being thrown at me. Now that Lancelot has learned Bone Rush, Plasma's poison types won't stand a chance.

I think my biggest issue at this point is I don't have a flying type, nor anything with flying type moves. I know I'll have types to cover the niche, and if I really need to I can catch a flyer for an HM slave, but I really don't like messing up the theme/synergy of my team. Here's hoping I really don't have to fly around too much until post-game, when I eschew the theme I'm using on that playthrough.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 10th October 2012 at 2:58 AM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Page 9 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast