Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 4166

Thread: Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Since Pokemon XY are close to coming, I want to prepare the best pokemon to transfer them to the new games, that's why I've been IV breeding 4 pokemon until now: Archen, Staryu, Golduck and Eevee, the former got 31 IV's in Attack and Speed and the others got 31 IV's in Sp Attack and Speed.

I'm looking for a Ditto who "likes to thrash about" for 31 IV's in Attack so I can redo my EV training with my physical attackers.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

If anyone has Japanese games, there is a new special coming out. http://www.pocketmonsters.net/articles/1520/ I hope we get these here too in the US.

In my Black 2, I waited till nighttime to catch the ever so lovely Coblion so I could use dusk balls. I got extremely lucky after using flamethrower on it and leaving it with about 1 HP and it only took about 5 balls until it was captured! Yay!

After doing my thing in Lacunosa Town, I made my way across Village Bridge. Something great happened while I was going through some grass to get an item; a shiny Golduck appeared! It was a fantastic surprise, and I caught the little guy at level 36! I'm so excited!

Catching Virizion on route 11 was a bit annoying. Stupid giga drain! But luckily I finally caught it, and saved in Opelucid City. I'm going to do some training before I take on Drayden though.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/15gwhg5.png[/IMG]
    Follow me: Tumblr | Twitter

I am still EV training my Dark type team, 3/5 members so far completed today, the other two will be easy.

A couple of them needed egg moves, I gave Sneasel Ice Punch. Scraggy was the most interesting, I had to teach one of my Smeargles Drain Punch, Dragon Dance and Ice Punch which was a nice little challenge.

Something great happened the other day, I was looking around on Serebii to see if anybody wanted to trade their Modest/Timid Darkrai with me.

I ended up finding a fella who wanted my shiny Gurdurr and Gyarados and in return he gave me a Timid Alamos Darkrai and a SHINY Timid male Houndoor, I was so pleased, I thought that was a great deal.

Darkrai will be getting EV trained but I am not going to use him for the story, only for the Black Tower etc after the story. Houndoor will be EV trained today and will make up part of my team.

I gotta say, I am normally a Grass type lover and still am, but I am really looking forward to this playthrough, there are so many cool Dark type Pokemon.

As soon as they are EV trained I'll trade them over to B2 and begin my new journey.

Sneasel is still probably my favourite Pokemon ever. A mix between cute and badass, I just wish she learnt Night Slash so I didn't have to evolve her :'( I haven't decided whether I will evolve her into Weavile yet for Night Slash. Weavile is still a really cool Pokemon, just not as cool. Maybe Beat Up could be used instead?

She really should be able to use Night Slash. At least I've bred her to have Ice Punch.

EDIT: Am I correct in thinking that each hit in Beat Up is Sneasel's Attack state divided by 10, then +5? Is so, that would make each hit 14.5 power, with 6 Pokemon in my team that would total at 87 power with each hit having a chance to crit.

Am I correct in thinking this?

EDIT 2: I have done some more research and am pretty sure this is the case. Wow. They changed the mechanics in Gen 5, in Gen 4 and in other previous Gens, I think each hit was just 10 base power so that's why I thought it was a crappy move. But now it can reach 87 power on my Sneasel and even more on a Weavile, making it a fantastic move to use in-game. It's even affected by STAB now.

Obviously not so good competitively.

I am pretty happy about this.
    Last edited by Violent Red; 19th January 2013 at 6:34 AM.
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Well well.

After about 800 soft-resets I finally caught that shiny Cresselia, bold nature to my luck. EV trained it and then messed around at PWT with her. Loads of fun :3
    Noticed how Red doesn't stick around in the lobby after you beat him and finish the Champions Tournament, quite mysterious. I really wanted to see what he had to say, if anything at all.

After a couple more runs in PWT, decided I'd breed a new Sceptile. The Sceptile I share my deep emotional bond with was raised back when I didn't understand how EVs work and such; still held up pretty well in competitive format games.. against AI.. So I hatched a couple eggs and found a Jolly nature Treecko, then used the Everstone breeding mechanic to grab another 5 eggs to eventually hatch a female Jolly. Wanted to name it after a character in an anime I recently watched; whom I'm practically in love with now >_> Fourth egg I hatched was a female, luckily. Ran around for a couple more seconds just to hatch the final egg and see what it was. It was a shiny. A shiny after about 7 eggs, if you count the Treeckos I hatched to get the Jolly nature. Why does the Masuda Method work when I'm not trying to get Shinys? I was breeding with a Korean Ditto and the Shiny Charm, but anyways, I'm quite over the moon right now! :3

@Violent Red, good luck with that EV training ~
    Last edited by Super Llama; 19th January 2013 at 3:22 PM.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Default One more new game :D Features Cheren

Well, yeah. I wasn't enjoying my game a lot so I decided to try a new game. I did a couple of things in my other games *winks* and then I finally started a new game. Called my rival Drummer like usual, and went through the beginning after choosing Snivy, which I nicknamed King Pedro. Starting to sound better xD
    Anyways, after the Ranch issue with Team Plasma, I beat the little kids at Alder's house. I received the Medal Box. After all of this, I headed back to Aspertia City, as we heard of the new gym that opened. We finally got there, and met the gym leader Cheren! This was a 1 VS 2 so technically I was at a disadvantage. But Snivy is a little beast. He set up a Work Up and I set up a Growth. I hit Patrat twice with Vine Whip and beat it, and then came Lillipup. I wnt for Vine Whip again, while he went for Work Up again. I also 2HKO'd Lillipup, and Snivy went up to level 15!

We got out first badge and Work Up. We left the gym and found Bianca who gave us Return, and their Xtransceiver numbers. Bianca then gave us the C-Gear, and we traded over 2 eggs. Yes, 2 eggs :P After running around like crazy for a while, they finally hatched into... a Mienfoo. AND *drumrolls* a Charmandeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Well well.

After about 800 soft-resets I finally caught that shiny Cresselia, bold nature to my luck. EV trained it and then messed around at PWT with her. Loads of fun :3
    Noticed how Red doesn't stick around in the lobby after you beat him and finish the Champions Tournament, quite mysterious. I really wanted to see what he had to say, if anything at all.

After a couple more runs in PWT, decided I'd breed a new Sceptile. The Sceptile I share my deep emotional bond with was raised back when I didn't understand how EVs work and such; still held up pretty well in competitive format games.. against AI.. So I hatched a couple eggs and found a Jolly nature Treecko, then used the Everstone breeding mechanic to grab another 5 eggs to eventually hatch a female Jolly. Wanted to name it after a character in an anime I recently watched; whom I'm practically in love with now >_> Fourth egg I hatched was a female, luckily. Ran around for a couple more seconds just to hatch the final egg and see what it was. It was a shiny. A shiny after about 7 eggs, if you count the Treeckos I hatched to get the Jolly nature. Why does the Masuda Method work when I'm not trying to get Shinys? I was breeding with a Korean Ditto and the Shiny Charm, but anyways, I'm quite over the moon right now! :3

@Violent Red, good luck with that EV training ~
    Sweet. Might try that when trying to get a Cresslia as well. Been working for a shiny Kyurem... haven't been lately though, been busy with training and that sort of thing. Finally got a Master Ball from the lotto on my game , totally caught me off guard. Completely made my day. Also just found out today that both the shiny Lickylicky and the shiny Latias that I got off of the GTS are legit .

Might try to do some more training tonight along with a some more soft resetting for a shiny Kyurem.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I'm now in the Black Skyscraper. So far I've completed 7 Areas. After the 6th Area, I went to the Pokécenter. When I spoke to the medal guy, he gave me 5 medals!(plus one for the Join Avenue) 5 medals by completing only 6 Areas! That's freakin awesome!

But, after I completed Area 7:
    Me: "Man, that was hard! Let's see what I get."
    *1 Muscle Wing* o_e
    ...before that I got a Rare Candy... e.e
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Just played my Black 2 version today, I started out this morning by going on the Dream World. My berries are growing still can't harvest them yet, I found a bunch of berries in the Island of Dreams, befriended an Aron, and accepted a few Dream pal requests and sent out a few Dream pal requests. Shortly after waking up my pokemon I went to my Join Avenue to see all the people I met in the Dream World, my Dojo went up two ranks so it's now 6. My Avenue reached rank 30 and I received a Rare Candy from the owner, after that I bought everything from my two antique shops and got a fair amount of items to sell that brought my pokecash to $1,500,000. I'm just breeding and hatching eggs to get a shiny eevee now, I'm up to 50 now so still pretty early and I am using the Masuda Method really hopping it'll be early. I'm breeding getting a ton of Eevees with Modest nature going to get a good Espeon out of this even if it's not shiny or not.

After I get my shiny Eevee I'll be playing my Sapphire game.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Black 2: Entered the Single Line in the Battle Subway with a team of Gengar, Lucario and Cloyster. I won all of the first 21 battles, including the Subway Master Ingo, which got me a total of 16 BP and unlocked the Super Single Line in this game. Continued to the Double Line, added Dragonite to the team and took the challenge. I won the first 21 battles here and defeated the second Subway Master, Emmet, as well, giving me 16 more BP and the ability to take on the Super Double Line. Continued to the final one, the Multi Line. I teamed up with my counterpart partner, even if teaming up with another game would have been a better idea… which proved to be true. We managed to win past the first two rounds, but lost in the third as my partner made stupid move choices and the Pokemon she picked weren’t the best either. But I decided to try again. This time, we made it all the way to the 21st battle against the Subway Bosses… which was where we lost. The reason was a bit of hax and a few common weaknesses amongst our team. Very disappointing and draining of my self-confidence, but I will try once more tomorrow. It doesn’t matter if I can make it then or not, I will have all the BP I need by then anyway.

White 2: Continued on the Pokedex, evolved my Gothita into Gothorita, then Gothitelle, Duosion into Reuniclus, Buizel into Floatzel, Nosepass into Probopass and Lairon into Aggron. Didn’t get to do extremely much but a little at least, will continue tomorrow.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

After completing the E4 type challenges and Black tower I took a break from pokemon, until yesterday where I finally got dex trades for the last few event pokes I didn't have. Then went on the GTS to see if I could find any Mews / Deoxys for myself, got bored and stumbled onto a shiny Whirlipede and a shiny flawless Eevee!! Going to train them up, and probably get a shiny Espeon to go with my shiny Umbreon.

And spent today transfering loads of pokemon from Platinum and Black 1 to leave my pokedex at 627. - Getting rather excited for my shiny charm now. =DD Though most of the pokes I have left are middle stages after hatching a ton of eggs previously or need to be bred from a parent I traded away. Going to be tedious work.

I challenged Champion Iris to a battle at long last, and I had to face off against her Hydreigon, which was more than I bargained for. I used Lucario against it because I thought Aura Sphere would win the battle in one shot, but Hydreigon survived the first Aura Sphere and it attacked with Flamethrower after that. Lucario almost fainted, and when I used another Aura Sphere, Iris healed Hydreigon. I had better luck with Darmanitan's Superpower attack, then it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. I beat Iris's Archeops with Samurott's Surf attack and then her Lapras with Ampharos's Thunderbolt attack. I switched to Lucario when Iris sent out her Aggron, and I won that battle with Aura Sphere. I used my Krookodile against her Druddigon, and then my Samurott beat her Haxorus with Ice Beam. I defeated Iris and got registered in the Hall of Fame. Then the credits began to roll.

Caught Timid Cobalion on my first try! I didn't realize it would be just waiting on Route 14 :P

Better restock on Poke'balls (read: Dusk/UltraBalls). Dusk Balls are AWESOME
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

I've finally completed the Black Skyscraper and got the SHINY Gible!
    tu8tghizzgspgdukeeghkn3oy1jjg

Sorry, but damn, it's shiny! SHINY!!! I haven't seen a shiny since 2010.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

I just beat Elesa =D
    Let me just say this Gym was AWESOMEEEE. I loved the catwalk and the background music, the models and the big screen on the final stage. It was just like the trailer but much better *-*
    The battle was fairly easy! I beated her Zebstrika first, Flaaffy on te second place and Emolga was the last one (I know, kinda switched up xD).

I used my Azumarill, my Servine and my Magnemite =)
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/wh1g8y.jpg[/IMG]

~ It's KE$HA in the casa, baby le-let's get get LOCO ~

Black 2 Team:

Since my last post on White 2, I captured an Eevee after much struggling to do so. It's an Espeon now. Also, Sewaddle and Riolu are now Leavanny and Lucario respectively. The wonders of the happiness system. Also, Tepig's a Pignite now.

Anyway, I beat Burgh, along with Colress, cleared Route 4 and the Desert Resort of its Trainers, and am now in Nimbasa City after having defeated the Subway Bosses with Rosa.

Current team:

Hogan/Pignite-M
    Manny/Leavanny-M
    Auron/Lucario-M
    Sundance/Espeon-M

Also, can I ask if anyone has experience rotating in a seventh team member? And how do you manage it?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

started off in white 2 with catching and evolving a Nosepass named Snot, N's Ferroseed, and a Joltik for Fighting Skyla Named Webbly. After exiting Chargestone i went up to route 7 and began training. after everyone was at lvl 34, Webbly at 35, i headed for the gym. Had a pretty easy time at the gym and even had Webbly evolve after the last gym trainer. Took me 2 tries to beat skyla however. Lost the first time due to Swoobat's attract disabling my pokemon. Webbly fought through attract the second fight though and took out Swoobat and Swanna. Tried having Harmony take out skarmory, but that ended in a double KO thanks to burn. Gym badge in hand skyla took us over to Lentimas Town. On the trip through Reversal Mountain, Bloop, Malax and Harmony all evolved. Once reaching Undella Town i flew back to Lentimas on attempt to find shadow ball. Once i found it i taught it to Anubis and flew back to Undella. I then healed and saved my game.

Team
    Bloop lvl 36
    Harmony lvl 35
    Anubis lvl 36
    Malax lvl 36
    Webbly lvl 37

White2
    Acc: Changed up some of my Pokémon's movesets. Taught my Eelektross and HG Ampharos Discharge.

Black2
    Acc: Ranked up my Join Avenue to 31, but no shops ranked up. That's what happens when you have five rank 10 shops, I suppose.

Black 2: Been searching for an Adamant ditto for most of the day in Giant Chasm - finally got one after an hour or two of soft resetting and running into just about every other Pokémon before encountering any Ditto. Still, managed to grab a Jolly Ditto and a Modest Ditto in the process, which are sure to come in handy when breeding later. Got a Ditto for each of the four natures I usually look for now - Timid, Jolly, Modest, and Adamant.

Now trying to breed a shiny Rufflet using Masuda Method from my Japanese Braviary I got in a trade and my Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone. Will be my first shiny through breeding.

I do have one question though, which is probably a stupid question, but when using the Masuda Method, will it affect the odds if you soft reset after hatching eggs? Like, I have a Litwick with Flame Body which I'm using to make hatching easier, and the other 5 spots in my team are empty so I can collect 5 eggs and hatch them together. If none of these are shiny, does it matter if I soft reset to try again with another 5 eggs, or do I have to put them in the PC and continue without soft resetting? Just something that I can't seem to find an answer to and have been wondering.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Black 2: Tried the Multi Line at the Subway once more, and this time, me and my partner made it through all 21 battles, including the two Subway Masters. This unlocked the Super Multi Line and gave me all of the remaining BP I needed. So I bought the three remaining Power Items. Now, my EV-training can start, I have 12 Pokemon to EV-train. Had hoped to be able to start today, but didn’t have time for it, so it will have to wait until next week.

White 2: Evolved my Joltik into Galvantula and Ferroseed into Ferrothorn. Went to the lower part of the Relic Castle and captured a Baltoy, which I evolved into Claydol. Continued by evolving my Tynamo into Eelektrik. And that was it for today.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Went after Terrakion today, after beating Marlon. Didn't take me long (Maybe my 5th or 6th capture) to find a Jolly one. I was very pleased, and went to EV train him. I'm about halfway through EV training (I hate doing it) but I need to do it now. I want to use him to finish the game (Team Plasma story and Elite 4) so I need to EV train him so I don't mess him up. I think I might use him in my competitive team as well. With the announcement of X and Y, I'm planning to spend 2013 collecting a variety of Pokemon and EV training them. I've played every version (I remember when Pokemon was yet to be released... how excited I was for such a neat sounding game) but never did much after the story. I've never completed a Dex. I've never had an EV trained team. I've never had level 100 Pokemon. I want Gen VI to be the first gen I fully experience, and so I'm preparing now, starting with a properly EV trained Jolly Terrakion.

I don't know which member of my team (in signature) I should replace with Terrakion though. Happily accepting thoughts. I'm thinking Magnezone.
    Pokemon Y

Y FRIEND CODE: 4554-0034-8530
    CURRENTLY: Breeding and Trading for Competitive Pokemon
    My Friend Safari is GRASS with SIMISAGE / PETLIL / QUILLADIN
    BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 1464-5211-3970

Just finishing up my NAT dex so i can get the shiny charm, only having trouble with 3 (dialga landorus and thundurus) so luckily someone on GTS negotiations has them

So I've finally decided. Dream World be damned, I am going to trade some of the Pokémon from White 2 to White, then restart White 2. However, I don't know what I am going to do. I may use a starter, or choose another Pokémon altogether. Maybe I will breed another starter from another generation. We'll see...
    ***New Signature To Come***

Now that I have beaten the Elite 4 I have decided to fill up my pokedex. I started off going from route to route filling out the habitat list as I went. When I arrived in Castilla city, i recieved my free Eevee and flew to route 15 so I could transfer some pokemon. I transferred my shiny Psyduck, along with close to 60 pokemon from my Soul Silver game. I replaced Vaporeon with the Psyduck and quickly raised it up so it would evolve into Golduck. I was somewhat disappointed with the shiny Golduck as it wasn't much different than the original. However I continued and caught a level 65 Pupitar and used a rare candy on it. I then replace Krokodile with my new Tyranitar and thats when I stopped.
    My Team:
    Hydriegon lvl 70
    Emboar lvl 70
    Tyranitar lvl 66
    Flygon lvl 66
    Ampharos lvl 64
    Golduck lvl 33

I'm putting together a Sand team for the PWT, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Skarmory. I am wondering how it will work out, now Join Avenue is still in progress. Also collecting medals now and it's actually kinda fun.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast