Page 75 of 167 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 4166

Thread: Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

I was finally able to open up my Nursery in Join Avenue, but sadly it has no visitors. Also I went out and breed for a Adamant/Shadow Sneak/Telepathy Male Ralts. Which is now Gallade, not running max EV's because EV training is hard and tedious. But he has a Smogon movepool, which is great.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

We are finally going to have Keldeo ! I wonder if it can be shiny though ? o v o;;

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Had maybe my worst ever day in a Pokemon game in my 10+ years of playing them.

Whilst I have been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue came out my wife has only been recently introduced to the games by me.

We'd sat down a couple of days before and planned out a team of her favourites - I'd recently deleted my White 1 file so she could play through the story - and then we set about on my games breeding them.

She had decided on Butterfree, Ninetales, Espeon, Milotic, Altaria and Froslass, and I thought this was a great, albeit girly team

She wanted them all to be female and I wanted them to have beneficial natures to make the game easier for her on her first try. Caterpie, Vulpix and Swablu were really easy to breed, and I got them Modest, Modest and Adamant in the first batch of eggs.

I already had a level 2 Modest Milotic that I traded over to her so things were looking good but that's when our night turned a bit sour.

Eevee only has a 12.5 chance of being Female which isn't a big deal normally, I've bred literally thousands of Pokemon, I've even bred for shinies before.

Well, about 2-3 hours and 150-200 Eevees later we hadn't got a single Female, which is disgusting and totally not typical.

We both felt a bit disillusioned, especially me, as I was trying to do something nice for my wife. Anyways, I finally got a Female but it was Lonely which was infuriating but we kept it.

Then I realised I couldn't get Snorunt on any of my Gen V games, nor my Heart Gold file.

I had to go to Lake Acuity on my like 6 year old Pearl file and use the PokeRadar for a 12.5% chance to get Snorunt. After spending 3 hours without a single female Eevee with the same encounter rate, I was a bit apprehensive, but I found a Snorunt after like 7 battles which sounds about right.

I still can't believe the Eevee fiasco.

Anyways, I transferred it over and bred it then traded it over to her and she finally got on her way and is having fun with her team, which makes it all worth it.

Still, it was a lot more effort than I expected it to be.

I have the day off today and so will be playing my B2 playthrough at some point I expect.

Cheers all.
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Apparently Keldeo event is live, guys.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

The Keldeo event is live, I've just got it... However, I'm confused as to where this "opening in the trees" is "near Floccesy Town". I can't find it!

Edit: Never mind, found it! It's behind Alder's school in Floccesy Town.
    Last edited by WaterMasterDD; 24th January 2013 at 5:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Apparently Keldeo event is live, guys.
    I just got it. My very first Keldeo :3 now I need to go get the other Swords Of Justice. Right after I beat the League.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I just got it. My very first Keldeo :3 now I need to go get the other Swords Of Justice. Right after I beat the League.
    Mine was lax nature, but I have Black 2 as well as White 2 so I'll go get another! Yeah as someone has said, it's behind Adler's "school".

I am not feeling the loss of Bacon on my team. Pignite isn't a bad Pokémon, but the weaknesses of a Fire-type just weren't working for me. I am just not a fan of Fire-types. Today I took on the trainers on Route 6, and then the trainers in Clay's gym. I leveled Drake until he evolved into Golduck. We took on Clay, and did really well. I was worried about his Excadrill--this Pokémon usually kicks my butt!--but Chaco (my Sandslash) handled Excadrill with ease. I went to the World Tournament, and also used my Red Shards to teach Iggy (the Scraggy) to use ThunderPunch), then ousted Team Plasma with my rival and Cheren. I am going to head for Chargestone Cave, then move on to Mistralton City. I am worried about battling Skyla, because I don't really have a good plan for her gym. Chaco can use Rock Tomb, but that's about it... o_O
    ***New Signature To Come***

Big day today.

Started by using Pal Park in my Pearl version to transfer over my first Gen III female starter (Treecko). While none of these games are Black 2, I do intend to ultimately move female starters from Gen III and Gen IV over to Black 2. This was step one, and the first time I had used Pal Park.

After that, I reset Ruby about seven or eight times until I finally got myself a female Mudkip. Even luckier, the nature of the Mudkip was Relaxed, which is exactly what I'm looking for in the Swampert I ultimately want to breed for my own team. Couldn't be happier. Went very well, and this Mudkip will be transferred over to Pal Park tomorrow.

After that, I decided it was time I put an end to Team Plasma. Defeated Ghetis and his black Kyurem. I actually found the Ghestis fight to be a nice challenge. It wasn't too hard,but it wasn't as easy as the rest of the game has been. I'm very much looking forward to giving the Elite 4 a shot, although I think I want to train my full team (which is in my signature) to level 55 before taking them on. I'm not particularly worried, but I do want to be prepared.

And, to end the day right, I arrived at a Pokemon Center and collected my Keledo. I gotta say, I've been playing Pokemon since I was seven or eight, and I've never had a legendary that isn't capture-able in the game. No Mews... no Celebis... no Deoxys' or Shaymins or Arceus'... this is quite a big deal for me. I was disappointed with the nature (Careful) but it was pretty cool to get my hands on Keledo. Just having one should be great in the future, especially if I'm looking to make some solid trades in X and Y.

Ultimately, a great day.
    Pokemon Y

Y FRIEND CODE: 4554-0034-8530
    CURRENTLY: Breeding and Trading for Competitive Pokemon
    My Friend Safari is GRASS with SIMISAGE / PETLIL / QUILLADIN
    BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 1464-5211-3970

Crap, I missed winter.. it was autumn when I left.. now spring... argh.
    grabbed Keldeo
    Last edited by SajiNoKami; 25th January 2013 at 3:35 AM.
    Shiny Report
    Wild: none

Radar:

Eggs:

The answer to my problem, how to battle Skyla, was right in front of my nose. Aron! All I had to do was find one in Mistralton Cave. I headed there for Rock Slide, anyway, so I figured I'd catch an Aron too! My fifth team member is, after heading through Chargestone Cave, a Lairon now! I have an idea of which Pokémon I want for a sixth, so I just have to get to her. Here's my starter-less team:

Mabel the Leavanny
    Drake the Golduck
    Chaco the Sandslash
    Iggy the Scraggy
    Gryf the Lairon

They're all between level 32 and 34. My final member awaits at Route 14: a Swablu or Altaria. Whichever I run into first.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Got it as well! Now Nate is a proud owner of a Genesect and Keldeo!
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

I decided to go with Caitlin as my first opponent in the Elite 4. Schmosby ended up beating her Musharna and Reuniclus with Bug Buzz before I had to swap out to Jenkins to take out Sigilyph and then Schmosby came back out and defeated Gothitelle. Easy victory!

Next up was Grimsley. Ganonboarf defeated his Liepard with Hammer Arm. Mantastic had to come in to take down Krookodile and it barely pulled off the win. He sent out Scrafy which I thought was weird until it used Rock Tomb and beat Mantastic. Percy came in and used Fly to beat it and Ganonboarf beat his Bisharp with Hammer Arm.

Third was Marshall. Mantastic swept all four of his Pokemon with Air Slash.

Last but not least was Shauntal. Percy defeated Cofagrigus with a few Crunches before Jenkins beat her Drifblim with Thunderbolt. Mantastic then finished off the battle with Surf against her Golurk and Chandelure.

Finally I was able to take on the Champion. Iris started with Hydreigon while I used Ganonboarf. One Hammer Arm defeated it. I made the foolish mistake of thinking Ganonboarf would be faster than her Aggron and paid the price by watching Earthquake tear through Ganonboarf. I sent out Mantastic and beat it with Surf. Slushie got it's first and only battle in the Elite 4 against her Haxorus. It took a couple Icicle Crashes but Haxorus eventually fell. Jenkins made quick work of her Lapras with Thunderbolt and Percy did the same to Druddigon with Dragon Claw. I sent out Schmosby against her Archeops just so it could battle. It fell to a Rock Slide but Jenkins was able to deliver the final blow with Thunderbolt. I was taken to a back room and watched the credits roll while I reminisced about my team.

: Could not have survived this playthrough without it. It stayed strong early on while everything else on my team was weak. My ace for sure.
    : Man was this thing terrible until it evolved. Even though I disliked it as a Cubchoo it quickly won my heart after evolving. Beartic was incredible.
    : My tank and special attacker. It's steel typing certainly helped along the way.
    : I never want to use a Trapinch/Vibrava again. Flygon was awesome once it evolved all the way but man did it take awhile.
    : I was planning on using Amoonguss here but changed it last second to Accelgor and I am glad I did. Great speed and Bug Buzz proved crucial.
    : My favorite nickname I've ever given to a Pokemon. Mantine was surprisingly sturdy. Really glad I decided to use it. Water/Flying is a good combo ingame.

And that's that.

Black 2 Team
    Ganonboarf Lv60
    Slushie Lv59
    Jenkins Lv59
    Percy Lv59
    Schmosby L59
    Mantastic Lv60
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Beat the Elite 4 a few days ago with the following team:

Snorlax lv54
    Falco (Lucario) lv57
    Rhydon lv52
    Roserade lv53
    Charizard lv55
    Raiden (Magnezone) lv57

Beat Grimsley first. Had Lucario use Aura Sphere and swept his whole team. It got a lucky crit against Scrafty.
    Marshall was swept by Charizard using Fly.
    Caitlin was kinda hard, what with her Gothitelle and all. I had to retry twice against it to beat it. Eventually I was able to get Roserade to use Toxic on it and then use Venoshock, after Caitlin had already wasted her Full Restore. Two turns later it died.
    Shauntal was the hardest one for me. I don't remember my exact strategy, but I do remember using Payback and Fire Blast a whole lot.

Iris gave me some grief the first couple times, until I remembered that Lucario had Dual Chop. Dual Chop tore through Hydreigon but Haxorus killed her. I got a lucky crit with Fire Blast from Charizard and killed him. Then I switched in Magnezone and killed Archeops with Discharge. I was surprised when I beat Iris, because I thought for sure there'd be another fight after her. Instead my Pokes were put in the Hall of Fame and the credits rolled. :/ I'll be damned.

Also tried a bit of the Battle Subway. The first 7 battles were easy (with Magnezone literally sweeping every Pokemon by itself) until I got to the next fight and got destroyed by a Krookodile with Earthquake. :/

Earlier I got Keldeo as a Mystery Gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeevee
    How would beating a villian a lame-o card game beat him?! uhhh it doesnt! He'd still try and kill you.
    "Ha i win!"
    :stab:
    "Hey but i beat you!"
    "yeah but i stabbed you."

Got my Keldeo early than I had expected. It turned out to be Careful natured, not so bad but still.
    Also ended up getting constantly trolled on the GTS, with Mandibuzz and Gible. Went into negations and got Torkal though.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Decided to prepare for my battle against Skyla at the Mistralton City Gym. I did some training at the Celestial Tower, and the eastern part of Route 7. Cleared up all the trainers, and got Shadow Claw in Celestial Tower. I taught Chaco the move. I cleared up the trainers on Route 7, as well (and used the Lucky Egg that Professor Juniper gave me). This netted me a bunch of experience. I decided that, since he was so close to evolution, I would Audino grind in Route 7 before the gym with Iggy. Got all my other Pokémon up to level 38, and Iggy to level 39. He is now a Scrafty! His ThunderPunch (and fabulous defenses!) should make him a terror in the Mistralton Gym. I am going to rely on him to take on Skyla's Swanna! We'll see how it works out.

Got my second Keldeo, whoop whoop!
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Growlithe or Darumaka?

Edit: Also, Hebe the Leavanny is amazing. I rarely use bug types, but I caught a Sewaddle at level 3 and it evolved to Leavanny at 21.
    Last edited by Mays; 25th January 2013 at 9:18 PM.

Went back to Virbank and completed the entire Invaders series, as well as creating my first strange ending in Brycen Man. I probably won't be able to get other strange endings as the costars' levels are too dang high! I still got a ton of items out of it. After the Rare Bone in Castelia Sewers and all these healing items I may end up with too much money too early on. Hopefully I can waste it all in the Join Avenue and keep the difficulty at this near-perfect level.

Took a break from moviemaking to clean up Burgh's gym. Nothing too hard, but I did accidentally level Darumaka to lvl 19 when really wanted him to be at 18 to make the gym harder. Ah well, Burgh is really the only place that fire types shine in this game. The bit where a clown came out of the cocoon did leave me stumped for a minute or two as it seemed there were no paths. Somewhat refreshing after the previous gyms had no puzzle. I'll take him on later, after removing Darumaka's Eviolite.

Went back to Pokestar Studios to start a new series. I'm in the middle of the time travellers' gate. Once I get to Nimbasa city I'll make my way back to do another series
    . I have to hand it to GF with this. Pokestar Studios is great simply because of the vast amount of unique sprites, backgrounds and stories made just for this. They've made it clear just how much effort and attention to detail they made with this game. I mean, they made a sprite for the player's mother that is only used for about a second in the opening so they can show her looking up to the petals. I'm only 13 hours in and this is certainly my favourite pokemon game.

Growlithe or Darumaka?
    Darumaka. You can get it before Burgh prepackaged with Fire Fang, Headbutt and Hustle. Hustle is incredibly annoying because the reduced accuracy makes it unreliable but Darumaka hits harder than a Metagross with it, in fact almost as hard as Darmanitan. It should be noted that, while Darmanitan isn't terribly bulky(much less so than intimidate Arcanine), it has one of the most powerful non-suicidal attack in the entire game. Yes stronger than V-Create. In fact only Kyurem-W's Ice Burn/Draco Meteor(maybe) and Deoxys-A's Psycho Boost outpower it. It's also pretty fast and evovles around the same time as you would typically use a Fire Stone on Growlithe.
    Arcanine benefits from more bulk, and a generally better movepool imo(Wild Charge, Crunch, Extremespeed, Dragon Pulse etc.) and the ability to go mixed but I'd go with Darumaka because, with a little risk, you get one of the greatest rewards in the game.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 25th January 2013 at 9:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I've mainly been focusing on the national dex for Black 2 so I can get the shiny charm. I've just been leveling up pokemon that I have stuck in the PC so that they'll fully evolve. As well I've done some breeding here and there to get the pre-evolutions for some. Because of grinding so much to evolve all these pokemon both my Crobat and Lucario have been going up in levels pretty fast. If I remember right both of them were around level 65-68 before I started, now Crobat is 86, and Lucario is 79. I'm just south of Pinwheel Forest were all the wild fighting-types are which is why my Crobat has got alot more levels then Lucario.
    Besides that I haven't really done much else, my current number for the National Dex is 493 Seen, 274 Obtained. I'm probably going to take a break from grinding and go ahead and start catching more pokemon to fill up the pokedex faster.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Ah, thanks! I had a Growlithe, but just fount a Darumaka so I'll use that. Trying to use unusual Pokemon - well, not usual ones.

This is a quick summary of the past 2 weeks.

So I learned of the Shiny Pokemon you get from beating Benga in the black tower (I have B2). So I started my journey to go up all 10 lvs of the black tower.
    Team:
    Absol
    Keldeo
    N's Sigilyph
    Flygon (Kira)
    Garvantula (Ryu)
    Arcanine (Aragorn)

All the levels up to 8 were easy as cake. Then when I hit 8 I had to start paying attention to my Pokemons PP and health. I also had to remember were in the world I was going while trying my best to dodge other trainers. I eventually got to lv9 which took me 3 different tries to pass. The tower/tree is basically based on luck. The gate trainer could be on another floor or right in the next room. I ended up getting lucky and finishing the floor under 5min on my 3rd try. I decided to be cautious with lv10 and actually draw out a map so it went by faster. My team at that point was around lv81 so Benga was taken down easily.
    I went to see him at his grandads place and got my shiny Gible! :3 Which I named Artyom. I plan to send him to my White game after I send my Pokemon over to my B2 and restart.
    After that I decided to fight the elite 4 again since I had yet to do it a 2nd time. I went the usual clockwise path and easily wiped the floor with them. Now I'm trying to finish the Unova Pokedex for the shiny Haxorus. I learned while going through my White Pokemon that I don't seem to have a Tornadus so Idk what I'm going to do about that yet. I need to have one I just need to hold one for a bit so it's captured on my dex.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

I flew over to Nimbasa City after awakening the Legendary Pixies, and I battled at the Small Court and Big Stadium in order to strengthen my Pokemon, who were under-leveled at the time. I battled for a while there and my Pokemon gained a lot of experience thanks to the Lucky Eggs that were still attached to them, and I healed them after those battles. I headed over to Route 16 since there was a Pineco swarm there, and I caught two Pineco; I decided I would train one of them and evolve it into Forretress later on. I headed over to the gatehouse that separated Route 16 from Marvelous Bridge, then I arrived at the bridge and I caught a wild Swanna that appeared there. I didn't get to buy the Magikarp from the salesman since my party was full, but I did reach the end of the bridge and I arrived on Route 15. I caught a wild Pupitar and Gligar, and I saved the game at the PokeTransfer lab.

I finally purchased this game yesterday. I used action replay to unlock the challenge mode at the start and I'm glad I did. My rival started with a level 6 tepig. Too bad for him I'm dumping my starter.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Got an egg from a random lady in one of those gates. I don't know what it's going to hatch into. Also traded in-game my Excadrill for an Ambipom. Now I'm trying to hatch the egg and level up my Ambipom at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeevee
    How would beating a villian a lame-o card game beat him?! uhhh it doesnt! He'd still try and kill you.
    "Ha i win!"
    :stab:
    "Hey but i beat you!"
    "yeah but i stabbed you."

Page 75 of 167 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast