Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Hybrid View

Default Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Share your team, your plans, comment on others all that fun stuff

Rules:
    -Let's not clog up with single sentence posts like "I want to use Mewtwo." Talk about your team more. Minimum 3 sentences.
    -Don't spam with lots of different posts in succession. "I want to use Mewtwo because blah blah blah" and then 3 posts later go "No wait Patrat is clearly better." Give maybe a page of breathing room
    -Do not just point at your signature and go "These guys!"
    -Let's keep this to in-game teams, not stuff for Battle Subway and wi-fi

Useful links:
    -Unova Pokedex
    -Wulava's list of earliest locations

Also general info for those looking to get their teams from outside the Unova Dex:
    -Once you get your C-gear you can trade with BW1 no questions asked.
    -YOU GET THE C-GEAR AFTER BEATING CHEREN
    -YES YOU CAN TRADE OVER ANYTHING FROM BW1, NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE DEX
    -Poketransfer from 4th gen games is still locked until you beat the E4.
    -A list of Unvoa dex pokemon you can't capture before beating the game or without trading, Dream World, or Dream Radar
        Spoiler:- List:

alright have at it

Thinking of the team I currently have in my signature, I want to have a decent balance of physical and special attackers. But there's still tons more Pokemon I want to train in BW2, especially with the Move Tutor options. Scolipede, Whimsicott, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Gliscor, Banette, Drifblim, Azumarill, Garbodor, Vanilluxe, Yanmega... Goes on ad infinitum. @_@

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    Thinking of the team I currently have in my signature, I want to have a decent balance of physical and special attackers. But there's still tons more Pokemon I want to train in BW2, especially with the Move Tutor options. Scolipede, Whimsicott, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Gliscor, Banette, Drifblim, Azumarill, Garbodor, Vanilluxe, Yanmega... Goes on ad infinitum. @_@

Dr Leggs your team kicks ***. GLIGAR is one of my favorite pokemon. So....yeah you kick ***!!!

In my let's play on youtube my starter is Dratini
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    If you want a dragon on your team and are patient, Dragonite is a good choice as well. It doesn't learn many flying moves but it learns wing attack and hurricane and can be taught many flying types, including fly.
    The Dratini line can only be obtained post-game, though. Unless trading is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    I'm getting ready to get Genesect and I want one with the best nature so I can ev train later. I'm not sure what nature to get because of his ability. can anyone tell me the best nature for him?
    I personally prefer to make it Mixed (due to its ability), so for my Genesect the best Natures are Hasty/Naive/Rash/Mild/Lonely/Naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    Emboar Lv 71
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Head Smash
    -Giga Impact
    -Hammer Arm
    Replace Giga Impact with Thunderpunch/Scald, depending on its Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    the Altaria set is for kicks and giggles
    your Altaria set is actually a good one.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The Dratini line can only be obtained post-game, though. Unless trading is involved.

Well yes, they are normally available post game unless you trade for it but they are also available in the dream world and you can grab it from there before you complete the game, unless they've changed that in the dream world after the maintenance.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

I've restarted my game and I chose Oshawott and caught a Sewaddle.
    My planned team (fully evolved) for this playthrough is
    Samurott
    Chandelure
    Leavanny
    Flygon
    Jolteon,
    Crobat
    I tried to make at least half of the team Unova pokemon and the other half random pokemon that have nice typings, I like and from other generations.
    I chose Oshawott because I wanted to use a sewaddle so I wouldn't choose Snivy, And if I chose Tepig I wouldn't have a chance to use Chandelure because I don't like having a pokemon on my team that has at least 1 type the same. I also have had great experiance with oshawotts and I've used them queit a lot. I have used Snivy once and it was fast but Crobat has the job for fast on my team and I;ve used Tepig twice, 1 shiny the other normal and Oshawott turned out to shine the best and I like the design better so he earned a spot on my team. Sewaddle, I need a grass pokemon and I would like to use a bug pokemon. Despite the fact that leavanny has 4x weakness from flying and fire it can take out dark types and psychic which I need, is fast and I love it's design and the pokedex entries so, earned a spot on the team. Flyong, it was either sandshrew or flygon. Flygon would take more time to catch and then evolve my trapinch twice for Flygon. Being a dragon type I really need one of those and also being a ground type makes it better for me. Also not having the weakness to grass or water helps out alot. (NOTE TO SELF: I wont use it against ice types....) It's design is great too and I needed something to handle electric types and dragon types because ice types are a little harder to get my hands on in this game and a little to late in the game to catch like Piloswine. Also with the sandshrew part I am planning to use it in another playthrough after the soul silver scramble run.
    Jolteon. I like it's design and since I didn't use it in my electric monotype I used a galvantula instead I wanted Jolteon to shine and I do not plan on using it on the playthrough after soul silver scramble run. I like it's design with all the lighting bolts as fur and the pokemon is very cute and can handle water types with leavanny and not only that, something to save leavanny and flygon from flying types. Just what I need, after catching eevee I get a thunder stone from Nimbasa City so I don't need to wait solong for it to evolve and it's movepool looks good. Earned a spot on my team.
    Chandelure, I need a fire type, Chandelure having a ghost-fire can come really handy against ghost types and psychic types. Great. Fighting and normal types won't effect this pokemon so it should be fine. It is caught around at the 6th/5th gym badge and I didn't know if I can handle that long without a fire type to take out grass,steel,ice,bug. But leavanny can take out bug,crobat can help take out bug and grass for the time being too so it should be fine. I like it's design because it looks interesting, great movepool and typing and same with the ability. I could've got Volcarona but it's movepool isn't to good and its caught at level 30, and needs like 29 levels to get better moves. I've used Growlithe and it was fast and great but it would probably evolve at level 35 so it's moveset is complete and I can't really aford that long. Magby design looks sorta wierd but it's movepool is great and evolves into magmar at level 30 then trade with magmirizer into magmorter. Great but... it would be to much of a hassle to get the magmirizer for Magmorter and then trading it then trade back. Vulpix is to late in game, right before the league. And chandelure looks worthy enough to find a place on my team.
    Crobat- BEASTLY,FAST! Great stats, REALLY FAST and I've used one in soul silver. It was tough, extremly fast and bought me to victory in the pokealthlon. Being a flying type itwould be able to learn fly and I need that. Also being a poison type is good and I need one. Being half flying takes out the weakness of ground from poison so Crobats weakness are just about Psychic,Ice,Thunder,Rock and maybe steel. Yeah it is a lot but some of those would not be able to handle crobats speed and stab attacks.
    This is my planned team and I've already got Swadloon and dewott in roxie gym.

Default My planned team for Pokemon Black 2

So SO SOOO sorry for the double post!
    Also I'm figuring out the moves for my pokemon. I'm also wondering if crobat can learn venoshock and toxic? If so I can have a great combo with those attacks. What do you guys think?
    Also Cloud_Arcanine if you find the move relearner and give her a heart scale you might be able to give Samurott Megahorn. It may save his life from a grass type but seeing all of the bug type moves it is optional. You can always teach Samurott Dig TM. You get it early in game because you probably want a ground type move to help save samurott from an electric type.
    Hope it helps.
    I'll post my pokemon movesets when I catch all my team and get them to at least level 30 and upgrade their moves because I'm only in castelia city.
    Last edited by telivisionhead; 5th July 2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Double post. IM SO SORRY!

Probably going to consist of the following...

Samurott (I can't bring myself to liking any other Unova starter)
    Riolu/Lucario
    Sceptile (Egg from HG which will be migrated to B1..what a beastly grass type)
    Chandelure
    Vanilluxe
    Magnezone

Will probably change if I see better designs or better stats

Starmie
    Magnezone
    Gliscor
    Scrafty
    Chandelure
    Stoutland

My team is in my signature. I always like to use a fire, water, and grass type Pokemon, like the starters. I know it may be wierd and probably not always the best idea, but I've done it from the beginning and it's just stuck with me, and I just like it like that. I like to have at least one good Physical Attacker, and Special Attacker. When it comes to the defense side, it usually takes me longer to decide. I don't play competitively, so I don't EV train much. I'm more of what the origional mission was, I like to fill up the Pokedex. It may take awhile but it's fun trying to complete it, and with each new generation it presents new challenges. Sorry,, i got off-topic. Back on it though, I usually also like to diversify my movesets and typing alot. I try to have at least one move of each type, throughout my entire team. Now with the new Move Tutors, a whole new world of possibilities has opened up, so I'm pretty excited for these new games! ^_^

Mine's probably going to look like this:

Snivy
    Growlithe
    Keldeo - *If early event. If not, using Magikarp*
    Sandile
    Gurdurr
    Axew

I have a couple I'm going to transfer from Black/White that are freshly hatched, but that's how it is for now. :K

I already planned out my teams for B2 and W2. I usually use starters, but I already have used them and frankly none have grown on me too much. Plus, with 300 pokemon, I have to use as many as possible. The pokemon are a bit ar apart from each other, but I like them and I've never used any before in any playthrough. I like the Black 2 team a little better. I'll put the final evolutions.

Black 2:
    Crawdaunt
    Magmortar
    Magnezone
    Crustle
    Ferrothorn
    Beheeyem

White 2:
    Walrein
    Electivire
    Aggron
    Drapion
    Lucario
    Hydreigon
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

My team will probably end up being: Zoroark, Garbodor, Lapras, Aggron, Magnezone, Skarmory.
    I'll be rotating the last two with: Sigilyph, Volcarona, Loppuny and Meloetta, when they release it.

I like the design of the starters, but I don't really like using them.
    And Meloetta will be first legendary I will use in a in-game team.

Okay new rule: Do not point at your signatures
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Mine's probably going to look like this:

Snivy
    Growlithe
    Keldeo - *If early event. If not, using Magikarp*
    Sandile
    Gurdurr
    Axew

I have a couple I'm going to transfer from Black/White that are freshly hatched, but that's how it is for now. :K
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I already planned out my teams for B2 and W2. I usually use starters, but I already have used them and frankly none have grown on me too much. Plus, with 300 pokemon, I have to use as many as possible. The pokemon are a bit ar apart from each other, but I like them and I've never used any before in any playthrough. I like the Black 2 team a little better. I'll put the final evolutions.
    <team>
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Probably going to consist of the following...

<snipped team for size>

Will probably change if I see better designs or better stats
    These are all fine. Aim for one of these (or Nyaralathotep)
    Quote Originally Posted by wakematt View Post
    Starmie
    Magnezone
    Gliscor
    Scrafty
    Chandelure
    Stoutland
    Do not do this
    Infractions are a thing!

Woah, R-N...when did you become staff? o_O? I didnt notice, lol.

Anyway... So far, I got Serperior, Arcanine, Beartic, and Floatzel in mind. Thats Fire Water and Grass and Icedown, But I dont know what else to pick, ....Any ideas? Zangoose is a maybe, But I want a special sweeper/tank, and maybe a flier. Is Skarmory any good?..... Hmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    Woah, R-N...when did you become staff? o_O? I didnt notice, lol.

Anyway... So far, I got Serperior, Arcanine, Beartic, and Floatzel in mind. Thats Fire Water and Grass and Icedown, But I dont know what else to pick, ....Any ideas? Zangoose is a maybe, But I want a special sweeper/tank, and maybe a flier. Is Skarmory any good?..... Hmmm....
    Skarmory is a good flying type, so is Altaria, if I may recom,end it. Also a really good special sweeper is Hydreigon, I know it may be difficult to train, but it's pretty good, and also Galvantula. As a tank I would recommend Vaporeon, or Bronzong. Hope this helps.

300 Pokemon really gives me more options to choose from...but there's no Houndoom. -_- Maybe post-game. XD I definitely would be making more captures later on rather than early on, considering my team. XD

So far, it stands at:
    -Zoroark
    -Krookodile
    -Bisharp
    -Weavile
    -Hydreigon
    -Tyranitar

I'm also considering Chandelure though. Hopefully, Houndoom, Honchkrow and some others turn up too. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

After watching the complete Pokédex list, I made some provisional list but who knows if this will be my ultimate list since Garchomp is not available after the League.

White 2 team:

Samurott: Surf, X Scissor, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
    Drapion: Crunch, X Scissor, Poison Jab, Earthquake
    Hydreigon: Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Hyper Voice, Fly
    Magmortar: Flamethrower, Psychic, Earthquake, Brick Break
    Eelektross: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Crunch; or Electivire: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Brick Break, Flamethrower

And I need a Grass Pokémon. I'm thinking of Budew because of Roserade.
    Hey look, buddy. I'm a Pokémon trainer. That means I train Pokémon. Not Pokémon that are controlled by rangers and then leave them in the wild or be myself a Pokémon. I train classic RPG Pokémon.

Pokémon teams:
    Sapphire Sceptile, Kyogre, Camerupt, Manectric, Wailord, Pelipper.
    Leaf Green Blastoise, Machamp, Dugtrio, Golem, Victreebel, Fearow.
    Diamond Empoleon, Roserade, Hippowdon, Luxray, Bibarel, Staraptor.
    Platinum Infernape, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Magnezone, Gastrodon, Crobat.
    HeartGold Feraligatr, Swampert, Blastoise, Torterra, Charizard, Empoleon.
    White Samurott, Krookodile, Eelektross, Seismitoad, Golurk, Sawsbuck.
    White 2 Oshawott, Magby, Gible, Skorupi, Deino, Ferroseed.

Favourite types: Water and Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenheim88 View Post

And I need a Grass Pokémon. I'm thinking of Budew because of Roserade.
    You could try Ferrothorn.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Ahhhhhh. Glad the Regional Dex is so much bigger in this game. Anyways, not sure of my complete team yet, but probably I'll probably use something like this to beat the Elite 4:

Serperior
    Lucario
    Tyranitar
    Mamoswine

Still have to choose my last 2 pokemon but as I dont have Black 2 yet (Heck, I dont even have a DS yet. XD. Getting one on my birthday though, and thats in Fall, around the time the American version of Black 2 comes out.) I dont really have to worry about it yet. I'd have Garchomp on my team but apparently you cant get the Shiny Gible until after you beat the E4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon
    You could try Ferrothorn.
    Yeah, Ferrothorn could be a great choice and has great ability like Sharpedo but I have to be careful with Fire type Pokémon. Iron Head, Seed Bomb (with Move Tutor help), Poison Jab and Thunderbolt as his attacks. Yes, I like to put this sort of attacks.
    Hey look, buddy. I'm a Pokémon trainer. That means I train Pokémon. Not Pokémon that are controlled by rangers and then leave them in the wild or be myself a Pokémon. I train classic RPG Pokémon.

Pokémon teams:
    Sapphire Sceptile, Kyogre, Camerupt, Manectric, Wailord, Pelipper.
    Leaf Green Blastoise, Machamp, Dugtrio, Golem, Victreebel, Fearow.
    Diamond Empoleon, Roserade, Hippowdon, Luxray, Bibarel, Staraptor.
    Platinum Infernape, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Magnezone, Gastrodon, Crobat.
    HeartGold Feraligatr, Swampert, Blastoise, Torterra, Charizard, Empoleon.
    White Samurott, Krookodile, Eelektross, Seismitoad, Golurk, Sawsbuck.
    White 2 Oshawott, Magby, Gible, Skorupi, Deino, Ferroseed.

Favourite types: Water and Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenheim88 View Post
    Yeah, Ferrothorn could be a great choice and has great ability like Sharpedo but I have to be careful with Fire type Pokémon. Iron Head, Seed Bomb (with Move Tutor help), Poison Jab and Thunderbolt as his attacks. Yes, I like to put this sort of attacks.
    Well, what you could do is give it a Focus Sash, or an Occa berry. This can give it an extra turn, and a great way to counter this is to give it Payback with one of those too. This will assure you especially with the Focus Sash, that you can tank an attack and can comeback with a strong Payback. That's just my two-cents, and the choice is completely up to you, but I hope this would help.

Disregard my signature. This is my current team as of Nimbasa City.

Dewott (Mild Nature)(Return/Revenge/Water Pulse/Shell Blade)
    Lucario (Jolly Nature)(Force Palm/Screech/Return/Quick Attack)
    Growlithe (Gentle Nature)(Fire Fang/Reversal/Return/Odor Sleuth)
    Magnemite (Modest Nature (ThunderShock/Thunder Wave/Magnet Bomb/SonicBoom)
    Watchog (Lax Nature) (Cut/Detect/Bite/Tackle)
    Sigilyph (Timid Nature) (Psybeam/Tailwind/Air Cutter/Fly)

My end-game team would probably end up:

Samurott (Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Revenge)
    Lucario (Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Psychic)
    Arcanine (Flare Blitz/ExtremeSpeed/Reversal/Return)
    Magnezone (Flash Cannon/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Signal Beam)
    Skarmory (Fly/Spikes/Whirlwind/Steel Wing)
    Espeon (Psychic/Shadow Ball/Signal Beam/Calm Mind)
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Here is another Team..i might use

Serperior
    Lapras
    Magnezone
    Volcarona
    Zoroark
    Hydreigon

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Right now I'm doing a bit of a blind run of Black 2(I know nothing about the actual playthrough of the game except for where a few Pokemon are), since I've never done one before. Right now I have a team of Oshawott, Mareep, Riolu, and Growlithe, and I'm thinking of using an Eeveelution. If I can't really think of anything any other Pokemon that's what I'll keep, since I really just care about seeing the game and not the team I'm using.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast