Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

My Current team is
    Riolu 12
    Mareep 14
    Snivy 13
    Magby 16
    I need to do some leveling ATM

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    One you haven't mention is Seismitoad (I like it in my White playthrough) is pretty good and has only one weakness
    Samurott is another example (since I'm going to use this as a starter instead of Emboar) if you don't mind using two starters
    Starmie and Lapras appear to decent good choices, though I never used them before, anyway is up to you to decide.

PS: I'm glad to see some trainers planning to use Flygon (it's my favourite Pokémon)
    One problem with Seismitoad: You can't find any wild Tympoles. Palpitoad can be caught, but it can only be found in areas which are blocked off before post-game (Moor of Icirrus, Pinwheel Forest).

Starmie or Lapras are really solid choices, both got amazing stats and movepools. I have used them some times before however, so I would prefer to use a water pokemon I'm not used to.

Yes, Flygon is an amazing pokémon! It's great it gets a chance to shine once again in a regional dex.
    *Mega Fairies*

I started planning my team today. It's similar to my old BW team, but I switched p some of the Pokemon to make it more interesting. I haven't figured out what items they'll be carrying, but I'll probably just go with whatever I find throughout the story. EVs and IVs aren't going to matter, I guess.

I'm going to get White 2.

Dewott (female)
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Torrent

Moves:
    Waterfall
    X-Scissor
    Revenge
    False Swipe

I'm choosing Oshawott as my starter, which was the same for BW. Like before, I'll keep it as Dewott since I love it more than Samurott. I was going to give it Swords Dance for more power, but since this is my main team, I'll need False Swipe for catching Pokemon.

Azurill (female)
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Huge Power

Moves:
    Return
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Light Screen

I was planning on getting Azurill much later in-game, but now, I decided to catch it once I reach the route. The funny thing is that I'm not planning to evolve it. :P

Emboar (male)
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Blaze

Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Grass Knot
    Scald

Like in BW, I'm keeping an Emboar on my team. I'm going to trade from BW a Tepig after getting the C-Gear. I guess it's my main powerhouse for this team.

Electabuzz/Electivire (male)
    Nature: Careful/Jolly
    Ability: Static/Motor Drive

Moves:
    Thunderpunch
    Strength
    Fire Punch
    Rock Smash

I eventually decided to use this Pokemon since I've actually never trained one before. I also haven't had an electric type in my game team in a while.

Lilligant (female)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Own Tempo

Moves:
    Magical Leaf
    Sleep Powder
    Cut
    Flash

I used Lilligant before, and I consider her to be my most helpful Pokemon.

Swanna (female)
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    Ability: Keen Eye

Moves:
    Brave Bird
    Fly
    Dive
    Aerial Ace

Swanna is the new Unova Pokemon on my team. She is working with physical attacks, so it would be good to give her Fly and Dive.

Overall, I think this team will work conveniently throughout the game, but if there are some places that I miss because of not having the Pokemon yet, I'd have to go back again (I'd rather progress through the story first :P)

I'm now considering trading a Gollett egg over have a Golurk instead of Flygon?

I could always use Flygon again if a Ruby/Saphiere remake ends up happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Silver View Post
    My planned team at the moment is: Blaziken, Vaporeon, Gliscor, Metagross, Crobat, Manectrike.
    Decided against using Emboar simply because I prefer Blaziken. I plan to trade a Torchic over from White 1, does anyone know how soon you can trade between the 2 versions? I also plan to trade an Elecktrike over.
    Gliscor is a bit hit and miss I have so many Pokemon in mind to fill that spot it's a tough decision, It's between Gliscor, Heracross, Scizor, Roserade.

The games look great I'm really looking forward to the American release.
    I forgot you can trade early on, I may trade a Torchic over too. Thanks for the idea.

I'm using emboar golduck lopunny roserade flygon and banette

Will most likely swap lopunny out later. Suggestions for who?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

my 2 teams are in my sig. the white 2 team is set but as you can see i still need another poke for the black 2 team. if anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it though i was thinking of axew. also if any has any of the pokes in the black 2 team in 4th gen shiny flawless or the 5th gen pokes as shiny flawless let me no ill offer big for them

p.s. these are all pokemon i will be trading into the game asap so i wanted lvl 1 ut if you wanna trade but still tell me what you think
    Last edited by gabric; 25th June 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Kingudora View Post
    One problem with Seismitoad: You can't find any wild Tympoles. Palpitoad can be caught, but it can only be found in areas which are blocked off before post-game (Moor of Icirrus, Pinwheel Forest).

Yes, Flygon is an amazing pokémon! It's great it gets a chance to shine once again in a regional dex.
    Sorry, haven't noticed that.
    That's the reason why I'll use Lucario instead of Metagross (I was planning to use one but it appears late as hell as a Metang)
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 24th June 2012 at 11:57 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    my 2 teams are in my sig. the white 2 team is set but as you can see i still need another poke for the black 2 team. if anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it though i was thinking of axew. also if any has any of the pokes in the black 2 team in 4th gen shiny flawless or the 5th gen pokes as shiny flawless let me no ill offer big for them

p.s. these are all pokemon i will be trading into the game asap so i wanted lvl 1 ut if you wanna trade but still tell me what you think
    If this is for post-game then that is fine but if not then you can't have a Blaziken, Torterra, Venusaur, and Blastoise in the main-game scenario.

I'm trying to get people on a VERY fun Forum. It is an is a multipurpose forum primarily Anime but also Pokemon, Games, and Art. It would be great if you are active and everyone is actually nice there unlike most other forums. The site is pretty new. We have contests, roleplays, and we might open up a Minecraft Server. If you plan on signing up to the forum here is the link--> www.luffyforums.com When you start signing up, please I would love for you to list me as your referrer. There may not be a lot of activity at first but if you contribute and invite people, post, make threads, the forum should get going and get active. Be sure to post away as it helps us.

Luffy Forums Username: The Void

My team plans currently include Garbodor, Lucario, Leavanny, Arcanine, and Samurott. I still need a Fly user, but I'm trying to choose between Drifblim and Skarmory. Pretty much depends, is Skarmory available very early?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 1 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

As of right now, all I have for sure is:

Samurott - My starter, surfer, etc.
    Ampharos - I love it, one of my favorites; blah, blah, blah
    Lucario - I have never actually used luke before, i'm interested to see how it is in-game,
    Dragon-type - might end up having to get it later in the game, but that's fine with me. Actually not a lot of dragons available in this game, other than unova ones.
    Flyer - Probably crobat or swoobat, I just like those guys
    Other - totally undecided at this point. Possibly a fire type.

As you can see, I'm not really sure about a lot of the team at this point, but things will change as I continue to watch playthroughs and see how the game works

Quote Originally Posted by xXdArKvOidXx View Post
    If this is for post-game then that is fine but if not then you can't have a Blaziken, Torterra, Venusaur, and Blastoise in the main-game scenario.
    like i said in the edit it is for in game use but i will be trading them in
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by GigaGalvantula View Post
    Would anyone recomend Klink.

I'm sort of considering him even though he's only a pure Steel type.

What my team needs is either a good Psychic or Electric type? Also i'd prefer it were native to Unova.
    I used Klink in Black version, and I didn't regret it one bit. I highly recommend it. Shift Gear and Gear Grind is a beautiful combination, and the access to Electric moves only helps its case.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    My team plans currently include Garbodor, Lucario, Leavanny, Arcanine, and Samurott. I still need a Fly user, but I'm trying to choose between Drifblim and Skarmory. Pretty much depends, is Skarmory available very early?
    Skarmory aren't until Rebirth Mountain and Drifblim aren't until Route 13, 14 and Rebirth Mountain but you cannot obtain a Drifloon in the wild.

I'm trying to get people on a VERY fun Forum. It is an is a multipurpose forum primarily Anime but also Pokemon, Games, and Art. It would be great if you are active and everyone is actually nice there unlike most other forums. The site is pretty new. We have contests, roleplays, and we might open up a Minecraft Server. If you plan on signing up to the forum here is the link--> www.luffyforums.com When you start signing up, please I would love for you to list me as your referrer. There may not be a lot of activity at first but if you contribute and invite people, post, make threads, the forum should get going and get active. Be sure to post away as it helps us.

Skarmory aren't until Rebirth Mountain and Drifblim aren't until Route 13, 14 and Rebirth Mountain but you cannot obtain a Drifloon in the wild.
    Ah, OK, thanks. I have a Drifloon egg in my Black version, all ready to go, so I'll just send that over along with the Trubbish egg.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

My team will be Samurott, Heatmor, Archeops, Musharna, Eelektross, and Ferrothorn
    The friends I've made throughout my journey!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20u4ygh.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    like i said in the edit it is for in game use but i will be trading them in
    But I don't think you can use those without having the National Dex. Right?
    Alpha Sapphire Team:
    Omega Ruby Team:

Friend Code: 0259-1695-4473 (Scott)
    Friend Safari: Steel - Ferroseed, Klang, Excadrill
    X Pokedex: 718/718 - Completed 2/17/14 (Need an Arceus. PM me with offers!)
    Shinies:

^That's what I told him.

Oof. I can't decide!

One note: Growlithe getting Outrage by level-up makes me so incredibly thrilled. Although, now I don't want to train Flygon on my copy because I'll have the perfect Dragon coverage with my amazing Arcanine. One of my favorite Pokemon.

So, unfortunately, we still can't trade until after the first Gym and I'm not too keen on using any of the three starters. I love Oshawott, but I trained one in White and there are so many amazing Water types in B2W2 that I'd love to train. Especially Mantine.

The minute Growlithe was confirmed, Tepig was out, and Snivy's just okay in my book.

So, that leaves me at a loss for what I'm gonna do for my first. I was going to trade over a Deerling egg, but I'd like to have a "starter" at the first Gym with me.

I might capture one of these to use as my "starter" and do my best to avoid trainers and battle: Purrloin, Mareep, Sewaddle.

Purrloin is the one I'm considering most carefully. I've always wanted to train one, but I plan on having Arcanine and Glaceon, and I'm not sure I want three quadrapeds? But still. She'd be a strong possibiliy.

Mareep has a lot going for her, too, but she isn't a Unovan-native, and I'd like a Unova Pokemon, I think, for my "starter."

Sewaddle is an interesting option. I've never been a big fan of bugs in real-life or in Pokemon, but I'm stongly considering using this caterpillar as my first.

Of course, I could always just use Snivy until the end of the first Gym, then trade over Deerling...

With that in mind, here's what I'm thinking for my team! Please, feel free to give me suggestions.

1. Liepard/Ampharos/Leavanny/Sawsbuck - See above comments.

2. Arcanine - He's my favorite Fire type, got a great move-pool, and I've always wanted to train an Arcanine and Glaceon on a team together.

2. Glaceon - My favorite Pokemon of all time. When Eevee was confirmed to be capturable, she was never not gonna make it onto my team.

4. Mantine - Mantine is in my top six for favorite water types. In my very first Pokemon game, Gold, I captured a Mantine and loved it, but I really wanted a Seel and couldn't find one. My mom's friend, Kelly, offered to trade me her Seel for my Mantine, since she had Silver, and I agreed. I didn't catch another Mantine and I missed the one I gave away, but loved Dewgong, so I vowed to train one in the future. Needless to say, in D/P/Pt I didn't like how close to the end Mantyke was, so here's hoping I can get him earlier!

5. Muk/Gengar(Dream World)/??? - This slot is the one I have no idea what to put in. I originally wanted Flygon to cover Dragons, but then Growlithe got Outrage. I'm considering Muk or catching a Dream World Gastly, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

6. Solrock/Lunatone - I love these two rocks. I know they suck, but they're so symbolic! I've just got to decide which I want.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulOfSilver View Post
    But I don't think you can use those without having the National Dex. Right?
    I thought those restrictions have been gone since after gen 3? I mean my team in Soul Silver ran a Bagon hatched from an egg, made a fine Salemence in time for Clair...

As for this set of games personally I will definitely be using team rotation. One game will probably run a sandstorm theme, but the other one has not been decided yet....
    (For example My Black Version in game team is based around a dream world Vulpix(now nine tales) and the sunlight it provides to buff Pokemon like Exxecute and Sawbuk ect)edit yes I never did find a leaf stone....
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

As for my team Please go back one page and rate it and Pleaseee leave a suggestion!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post
    1. Liepard/Ampharos/Leavanny/Sawsbuck - See above comments.

2. Glaceon - My favorite Pokemon of all time. When Eevee was confirmed to be capturable, she was never not gonna make it onto my team.
    Go with Leavanny, I used one in BW it was awesome. I never used a bug type before, but this one was amazing.

Isn't the icy rock in twist mountain which isn't accessible until post-game
    Last edited by Siebold; 25th June 2012 at 1:20 AM. Reason: Lol big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    I thought those restrictions have been gone since after gen 3? I mean my team in Soul Silver ran a Bagon hatched from an egg, made a fine Salemence in time for Clair...
    There is no way unless you had a hacked game or cheated with a Action Replay, Gameshark or something else.

There is no way unless you had a hacked game or cheated with a Action Replay, Gameshark or something else.
    I'm not sure if I'm following correctly, but I believe you are saying that you can't trade Pokemon that aren't in the Regional Dex? I'm pretty sure you are able to, without any form of hacking to trade Pokemon outside of the Regional Dex, I believe the moment you can trade(I heard it's right after the first Gym) you're able to trade anything regardless if it's in the Regional Dex or not.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I am SO thrilled about all the awesome Pokémon on the early routes!

My Black 2 team (w/ nicknames!) is currently planned as follows:

Nickname * Pokémon - Reasoning

Emile the Serperior - Azurill and Growlithe were must-haves from the get-go, so I had no choice but to designate Snivy as my starter (and because I'm giving all my 'mons nicknames, no I will not be replacing it at any time with another Grass-type).

Devin the Azumarill - "It's so bouncy and round!"

Gian the Lucario- Need I explain? :P

Brax the Arcanine - DAT BITE

Rodri the Magnezone - Needed an Electric-type somewhere, and it's probably the only way I'd ever get past Roxie's Gym, considering my starter. XD

Eriel the Flygon - I wasjust gonna have an HM slave named STEVE, but then I noticed Trapinch was actually available in the Resort Desert (eat your heart out, Elesa!) and Vibrava/Flygon get Fly. :3

(If you can guess the naming scheme, I'll give you a cookie!)

EDIT: @gliscor&yanmega, You're most certainly correct! Any Pokémon can be traded over once trading is possible, regardless of whether or not they're in the regional dex; I recently did a run of Black version with all-Hoenn Pokémon. :P
    Last edited by Lucario_Guy; 25th June 2012 at 1:31 AM.

Since it keeps coming up I've added clarifications for getting the c-gear & the lack of trade restrictions.

Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast