Haxorus
    Arcanine
    Flygon
    Samurott
    Ampharos

already defeated the whole game.

Right now my English White 2 teams is:
    Level 12 Growlithe
    Level 21 Lucario (I know...That low already?)
    Level 24 Servine

Just defeated the second gym, any recommendations? I want it to be different than my first team
    bumping this.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I am not sure who else I shall capture for my playthrough. I was going to use Flygon, but I might not due to how everyone is using it.
    I agree with you that it's no fun to use a team that everyone else uses, that is why i made the team in my signature out of different generation pokemon. But, I agree with The Eleventh and Ebevan91. You're using two others that everyone else is using so drawing the line at Trapinch because everyone else is using it is a little odd considering your current team.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows of Destiny View Post
    bumping this.
    Just my opinion, but going by the lineup of your B2 team, to contrast it but stay similar i would go with Heracross instead of Lucario(i know he's awesome but you said you wanted a different team) Darumaka or Magby instead of Growlithe, Lapras or Wailmer or Ducklett for water , Swablu or Deino for dragon, and Magnemite or Tynamo for electric.

For a very different team, i would go with Heracross, Sandile, Swablu, Ducklett, and Darumaka or Magby.

I am no expert so take this with a grain of salt ^^
    Last edited by Astrint; 8th October 2012 at 8:10 PM.

^Drawn By Astrint^

Ah, thanks. But I just planned it out :3

I've just changed my team again...for about the 20th time.

My team is now:

Snorlax
    Flygon
    Eelektross
    Gallade
    Honchkrow
    Froslass

I think this is defintely my final team now. Has my team got any weaknesses I should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Miror B... View Post
    I've just changed my team again...for about the 20th time.

My team is now:

Snorlax
    Flygon
    Eelektross
    Gallade
    Honchkrow
    Froslass

I think this is defintely my final team now. Has my team got any weaknesses I should be aware of?
    You might need to watch out for rock and ice types.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Game: White 2
    Pokemon: Dewott (Level 18), Growlithe (Level 16), Riolu (Level 17).
    Badges: 2

I am not sure who else I shall capture for my playthrough. I was going to use Flygon, but I might not due to how everyone is using it.
    There's nothing to be ashamed of. There are more playthroughs if you have the dedication for them. Use less popular pokemon when you're familiar with the storyline.
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

The reason I am concerned about adding Flygon is because I already have three very overused pokemon on my team, and I don't want to go all out and have it be completely overused and generic. I'm also not using Flygon because I plan on MM'ing for a shiny one at a later date anyway.

Right now I am just looking for another three options; I am considering Onix or Grimer.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Current team:
    Durant
    Elekid
    Dunsparce
    Sewaddle
    Riolu
    Venipede

Likely final team:
    Lucario
    Flygon
    Electivire
    Durant
    Leavanny
    a water type?

The reason I am concerned about adding Flygon is because I already have three very overused pokemon on my team, and I don't want to go all out and have it be completely overused and generic. I'm also not using Flygon because I plan on MM'ing for a shiny one at a later date anyway.

Right now I am just looking for another three options; I am considering Onix or Grimer.
    I didn't mean to offend. I just found it odd that you would draw the line there. but i if you need a dragon, i suggest Altaria. For water, Wailord, Lapras, and Swanna are good choices. I'm not fond of Azumaril's move set or skills. If you want to change up the two you already have i would suggest Heracross(i know, i recommend him a lot but only because i find him so reliable) and Camerupt. Camerupt replaces Flygon's ground attribute but if you think you need another one, there's Krookodile, onix, excadrill, claydol, mamoswine, tyranitar, and golurk.

There's not much else i can think of at the moment but i hope this helps you with an unorthodox team.

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Quagsire View Post
    Current team:
    Durant
    Elekid
    Dunsparce
    Sewaddle
    Riolu
    Venipede

Likely final team:
    Lucario
    Flygon
    Electivire
    Durant
    Leavanny
    a water type?
    you can't go wrong with a Wailord with Pressure skill. But another good one i like to use is Carracosta with Solid Rock. And Swanna and Lapras are decent as well.

^Drawn By Astrint^

Current Team just beat the 4th gym had a little trouble but due to Lucario's epicness I won Team~Pignite Level 29 Lucario level 29 Flaaffy level 25 and Golbat level 25 also, what is a good water type to use in this game? I really need to add a water type to my team.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Current Team just beat the 4th gym had a little trouble but due to Lucario's epicness I won Team~Pignite Level 29 Lucario level 29 Flaaffy level 25 and Golbat level 25 also, what is a good water type to use in this game? I really need to add a water type to my team.
    Read my post above you for my opinion on good water types. I based it on my experience in BW1 and they are all available through normal game play in BW2, except for Wailord's pressure skill. Those are my go to water types.

^Drawn By Astrint^

Current team:
    Growlithe, Servine, Peplup, Azuril, Lucario

Probable end team:
    Arcanine, Peplup, Lucario, Mandibuzz, Alakazam, Chandelure.
    Black fc: 0863 1060 6036

Black2 fc: 0347 7121 0983
    2/8

Smile

So I got white 2 today and I need help deciding on a last member for my team.
    My current planned members are:
    Emboar
    Crobat
    Jolteon
    Krookodile
    Walrein (trading egg)
    ????????

Who should I put? I don't want any repeating types and I want it to be catchable before the fifth gym. Please respond ASAP! I wanna get started!
    Thanks in advance

I was thinking about using sandshrew for my ground type plus I have ever used it before. But I noticed nobody has him on thier planned team. Is sandshrew a good option?

Just beat Roxie, beat the entire gym with Magnemite. Woohoo, Steels!

Pignite Lv.18
    Cottonee Lv.15
    Magnemite Lv.17
    Azurill Lv.16

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

I am currently at Driftveil city and my team is
    Servine lv. 32
    Lucario lv. 30
    Growlithe lv. 31
    Eevee lv. 29
    Pidove lv 15 ~ flyer atm

eh ive seen many starter/growlithe/lucario lately.maybe i should swap growlithe for chandelure?
    ~Black 2 team~ ♥

have 6 badges so far, my team looks like this (all level 40 atm)

emboar
    ampharos
    sandslash
    sawsbuck
    altraria

not sure if im going to get a sixth pokemon or not, if i do it will be a water type.
    Pokemon white friend code:2795 0896 4787
    Wifi team: Muk, Metagross, Blissey, Torterra, Flygon, and shiny milotic

My current team(in Virbank City training):

(M) - Franky lvl 15
    (M) - Sanji lvl 13
    (M) - Akainu lvl 12
    - Genesect lvl 15
    (F) - Kinemon lvl 17
    (M) - Crocodile lvl 10(Caught from DW)

For those who don't know the nicknames are based on characters from One Piece.

derp.

Hey guys so I really need your help as I'm pretty confused. This is my current team and I've just beaten the Driftveil city gym leader (the ground type gym)

Samurott Lv 40 (Bold) Moves (Planned): Surf, Ice Beam, Aqua Jet/ Waterfall, [Filler]
    Emboar Lv 36 (Hardy) Moves (Planned): Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Close Combat/ Fighting move, Thunder Punch
    Spiritomb Lv 36 (Modest) Moves (Planned): Psychic, Dark Pulse/ Sucker Punch, Shadow Ball, Will-o-wisp
    Deino Lv 36 (Modest) Moves (Planned): Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse/ Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, [Filler/ Fly/ Outrage]

So this is my current team and I'm really having a trouble deciding between which pokemon I should use next. The choices are between my:
    Careful Serene Grace Jirachi Lv 5 (got in trade) (Shiny) &
    Adamant Sand Force Drilbur Lv 1. (bred)

One is Steel/ Psychic while the other will be Steel/ Ground, a type which is useful no matter what your team is. Both are in the Uber tier. So any suggestions/ comments/ thoughts?? The moveset isn't important to me as much as the way they fit into my team. Thanks!
    Last edited by trainer0191; 9th October 2012 at 10:48 PM.
    Pokemon Black FC: 3440 0217 8589 - Abhi

Pokemon Black Team:

Banner accredited to rosierjay

Just beat the 1st Gym. Waiting for one of my friends to help me with the next part. Because I RNG'd flawless eggs on my Pokemon White (1) and have them ready to be transferred over to my Pokemon Black (2). And I do plan on replacing my starter.

Blaziken @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    Adamant Nature (-SAtk, +Atk)
    Flare Blitz
    Superpower
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

This is my replacement for my starter. I used Emboar when I played Pokemon Black (2) on my emulator, so decided to pick a previous generation fire starter for this play through. Since this is an in-game team, you'll come to find that I've added some stat boosting moves due to the AI essentially always using potions and full restores when it comes to gym battles, the elite four and the champion. If I happen to only get their Pokemon in the red, it's an immediate sign to use Swords Dance or some other stat boosting move that I have on my other Pokemon to abuse the fact that I can get them down in the red and topping them off with a boost isn't too shabby either. The rest of Blaziken's moveset is pretty self explanatory. Superpower is there due to Blaziken lacking Close Combat and gets STAB, Stone Edge against pesky Flying-Type Pokemon and Flare Blitz is another powerful STAB move.

Eelektross @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Levitate
    Relaxed Nature (-Spe, +Def)
    Acrobatics
    Thunderbolt
    Crunch
    Thunder Wave

This I used in my play through of the Black (2) rom, but with different nature. I decided to go with a Relaxed nature because I figured I'd try something new. Going through the OU tier on Smogon, I saw that Landorus-T and Thundurus-T had the highest stats in their respective Attack stats. Used damage calculators to determine what would hit it harder and found that getting something to up its Defense would be best if I was going for something different here, and so Relaxed nature it was. As I said, this is exactly the same except for the nature from my Black (2) play through. Acrobatics proved to be very useful back when I played through the rom, usually hitting hard. Thunderbolt is my STAB move of choice, and Crunch is there for Psychic-Type and Ghost-Type Pokemon that may pose a threat to me. Like with Blaziken I have something in case of those moments where a "boss" uses a healing item, that's where Thunder Wave comes in. It usually let me hit hard and fast, making up for Eelektross' already poor Speed on the side.

Espeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Truthfully, this Pokemon I'd love to have on pretty much every one of my teams. It is my all-time favorite Pokemon. Calm Mind, see Eelektross and Blaziken. Psychic is my STAB move, with Shadow Ball covering Psychic-Type Pokemon that may wall Espeon otherwise. Hidden Power [Fire] is for the third gym, along with just some extra coverage. Can't have enough right?

Flygon @ Choice Band / Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Jolly Nature (-SAtk, +Spe)
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Fire Punch
    Roost / Fly

This and Lapras are both tricky and here's why. HM moves are needed to advance through the story of any Pokemon game. It's a serious hassle going back and forth from the Pokemon Center just to swap out HM slaves to preserve the move set of a competitive in-game team. So this Flygons last move is still undecided, due to the fact it can learn Fly. The alternative, is definitely Roost and would be one of those moves that are especially used when the opponents AI says; "hi guys time to heal". It allows me some free healing without wasting items. Fire Punch is for coverage against Ice-Types, as well as just against anything Grass-Type or Steel-Type. Outrage and Earthquake are both just powerful STAB moves.

Lapras @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Shard
    Return / Surf

Originally in my play through of the rom, I used a Jellicent. This was because it was a rom. The only way to get any other Pokemon that I'd want for my main game that'd I'd use for a Water-Type would be to use the whole Action Replay thing, which I hate doing. So this time through, I'm prepared with this Lapras. Water Absorb is a great thing to have for the last gym, not to mention an awesome switch in on my Blaziken should I fear the opponent using a Water-Type move. I figured since this set is something I've never tried before, I'd actually try it. A lot of my Pokemon, probably all of them have a move that is in place for those moments when the opponent goes to heal, I'll say it over and over again. Free stat boosts and health recovery is really nice. Lapras is slow, no getting around that. But it's Attack isn't terrible, and it's got some decent moves. Not to mention some bulk. Waterfall and Ice Shard are both STAB moves. Like I mentioned with Flygon however, it's tricky. Because just as I'd have to decide whether or not I'll have separate HM slaves with Fly, Surf is another necessary HM for the game. At least Surf on Lapras still receives STAB, though the whole Jolly nature thing hurts the special attack thing with Surf a bit. If I decide not to go with Surf, Return is my alternative.

Whimsicott @ Brightpowder
    Trait: Prankster
    Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)
    Giga Drain
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Double Team

This is the same set I had on my rom. And yes, this was the ******* of my team. While only weilding one damaging move, Prankster Whimsicott with Substitute, Leech Seed and Double Team can be pretty nasty. And while Double Team AND Brightpowder are forbidden from the competitive scene of Pokemon, in-game wise they are not. Using Whimsicott to stall out, set up Double Team with Brightpowder in effect and following up with Leech Seed and Giga Drain is a little retarded. Again, ******* of my team.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

My Black 2 team:

Camerupt Fire/Ground
    Crobat Poison/Flying
    Jellicent Water/Ghost
    Dragonite Dragon/Flying
    Serperior Grass #
    Lucario Steel/Fighting #
    Krookodile Ground/Dark #
    Galvantula Electric/Bug #
    Scrafty Dark/Fighting #
    Amoonguss Grass/Poison #

I will be switcting my team up when playing to keep it fresh and see how it works out. I'm getting the Camerupt and Dragonite from eggs i'm trading to black 2. The pokemon with the hashtag will be getting switched up.

My team since Roxie's gym battle:

Snivy
    Marill (sap sipper)
    Vulpix (Drought)
    Sneasel (Pickpocket)
    Pidove
    Aron

And for the first time, I have a all female mon team!! Next stop Burgh gym!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi
    Lapras @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Shard
    Return / Surf
    Ice Shard is pretty out of place here.

Your best options are:

1) Replacing Ice Shard with either Surf (for your HM need) or Substitute (DD til it breaks). Water + Normal = Great coverage already
    2) Turn this set into a curse set, using Curse, Waterfall, Ice Shard, and Avalanche. This allows for consistent stab in waterfall and also makes ice shard/avalanche extremely effective.
    3) Not go for setups and use whatever moves you want :P
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

Page 83 of 112 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast