Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    Just beat the 1st Gym. Waiting for one of my friends to help me with the next part. Because I RNG'd flawless eggs on my Pokemon White (1) and have them ready to be transferred over to my Pokemon Black (2). And I do plan on replacing my starter.

Blaziken @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    Adamant Nature (-SAtk, +Atk)
    Flare Blitz
    Superpower
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

This is my replacement for my starter. I used Emboar when I played Pokemon Black (2) on my emulator, so decided to pick a previous generation fire starter for this play through. Since this is an in-game team, you'll come to find that I've added some stat boosting moves due to the AI essentially always using potions and full restores when it comes to gym battles, the elite four and the champion. If I happen to only get their Pokemon in the red, it's an immediate sign to use Swords Dance or some other stat boosting move that I have on my other Pokemon to abuse the fact that I can get them down in the red and topping them off with a boost isn't too shabby either. The rest of Blaziken's moveset is pretty self explanatory. Superpower is there due to Blaziken lacking Close Combat and gets STAB, Stone Edge against pesky Flying-Type Pokemon and Flare Blitz is another powerful STAB move.

Eelektross @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Levitate
    Relaxed Nature (-Spe, +Def)
    Acrobatics
    Thunderbolt
    Crunch
    Thunder Wave

This I used in my play through of the Black (2) rom, but with different nature. I decided to go with a Relaxed nature because I figured I'd try something new. Going through the OU tier on Smogon, I saw that Landorus-T and Thundurus-T had the highest stats in their respective Attack stats. Used damage calculators to determine what would hit it harder and found that getting something to up its Defense would be best if I was going for something different here, and so Relaxed nature it was. As I said, this is exactly the same except for the nature from my Black (2) play through. Acrobatics proved to be very useful back when I played through the rom, usually hitting hard. Thunderbolt is my STAB move of choice, and Crunch is there for Psychic-Type and Ghost-Type Pokemon that may pose a threat to me. Like with Blaziken I have something in case of those moments where a "boss" uses a healing item, that's where Thunder Wave comes in. It usually let me hit hard and fast, making up for Eelektross' already poor Speed on the side.

Espeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spe)
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Truthfully, this Pokemon I'd love to have on pretty much every one of my teams. It is my all-time favorite Pokemon. Calm Mind, see Eelektross and Blaziken. Psychic is my STAB move, with Shadow Ball covering Psychic-Type Pokemon that may wall Espeon otherwise. Hidden Power [Fire] is for the third gym, along with just some extra coverage. Can't have enough right?

Flygon @ Choice Band / Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Jolly Nature (-SAtk, +Spe)
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Fire Punch
    Roost / Fly

This and Lapras are both tricky and here's why. HM moves are needed to advance through the story of any Pokemon game. It's a serious hassle going back and forth from the Pokemon Center just to swap out HM slaves to preserve the move set of a competitive in-game team. So this Flygons last move is still undecided, due to the fact it can learn Fly. The alternative, is definitely Roost and would be one of those moves that are especially used when the opponents AI says; "hi guys time to heal". It allows me some free healing without wasting items. Fire Punch is for coverage against Ice-Types, as well as just against anything Grass-Type or Steel-Type. Outrage and Earthquake are both just powerful STAB moves.

Lapras @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    Jolly Nature (-SAtk, +Spe)
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Shard
    Return / Surf

Originally in my play through of the rom, I used a Jellicent. This was because it was a rom. The only way to get any other Pokemon that I'd want for my main game that'd I'd use for a Water-Type would be to use the whole Action Replay thing, which I hate doing. So this time through, I'm prepared with this Lapras. Water Absorb is a great thing to have for the last gym, not to mention an awesome switch in on my Blaziken should I fear the opponent using a Water-Type move. I figured since this set is something I've never tried before, I'd actually try it. A lot of my Pokemon, probably all of them have a move that is in place for those moments when the opponent goes to heal, I'll say it over and over again. Free stat boosts and health recovery is really nice. Lapras is slow, no getting around that. But it's Attack isn't terrible, and it's got some decent moves. Not to mention some bulk. Waterfall and Ice Shard are both STAB moves. Like I mentioned with Flygon however, it's tricky. Because just as I'd have to decide whether or not I'll have separate HM slaves with Fly, Surf is another necessary HM for the game. At least Surf on Lapras still receives STAB, though the whole Jolly nature thing hurts the special attack thing with Surf a bit. If I decide not to go with Surf, Return is my alternative.

Whimsicott @ Brightpowder
    Trait: Prankster
    Modest Nature (-Atk, +SAtk)
    Giga Drain
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Double Team

This is the same set I had on my rom. And yes, this was the ******* of my team. While only weilding one damaging move, Prankster Whimsicott with Substitute, Leech Seed and Double Team can be pretty nasty. And while Double Team AND Brightpowder are forbidden from the competitive scene of Pokemon, in-game wise they are not. Using Whimsicott to stall out, set up Double Team with Brightpowder in effect and following up with Leech Seed and Giga Drain is a little retarded. Again, ******* of my team.
    For Espeon I would strongly recommend Signal Beam.It's the best thing it can use against dark types which are unaffected by psychic and resist Shadow Ball.I think you can replace Shadow Ball with it.Psychic is only resisted by Psychic and Steel and do not damage Dark types.Signal Beam covers Psychic and Dark types while HP Fire can take care of Steel types.

For Blaziken,If I were you,I would rather use Hi Jump Kick instead of Superpower and ThunderPunch instead of Stone Edge.HJK and Superpower have nearly same base power but Superpower decreases your Attack and Defense making it vulnerable to attacks during the next turn if you use Swords Dance.And ThunderPunch over Stone Edge because it provides coverage against Water types as well.

Others seem great.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

My current team is Jellicent lvl 54,Lucario lvl 54,Serperior lvl 55,Sandslash lvl 55, Magnezone lvl 55, and an empty spot on my Back 2. I am on my way to the Pokemon League. Any suggestions for a good flying type? I was thinking about capturing a Skarmory but I'm not sure. I may also be thinking to capture a Cottonee for a Whimsicott.
    Last edited by spyclone138; 9th October 2012 at 7:45 PM.
    The marriage between Princess Peach from the Mario world and Cractus from the Wario world will begin

3DS FC: 2552-0845-5282
    Feel free to add me ^_^

I've changed about a million times now, but this is defintely my final team- ready for Friday!

Snorlax
    Charizard
    Flygon
    Eelektross
    Gallade
    Weavile

Going to start a new game (this time in challenge mode along with handicapping myself by only using one Pokemon). That said, who should I use for a one man run? Scyther, Nincada, or Axew?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Going to start a new game (this time in challenge mode along with handicapping myself by only using one Pokemon). That said, who should I use for a one man run? Scyther, Nincada, or Axew?
    Sounds like an intense and tedius handicap. Are you still using potions and everything?

I'd say Axew. Scyther will get destroyed by Sawk or Gigalith (sturdy -> Rock move). As for Nincada, don't burden yourself too deeply.

Axew's biggest threat is hydreigon, vanilluxe, or hydreigon.
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

Just got my games yesterday but already had my team breed. I tried to pick out some that I hadnt ever used before that I thought would be fun, but I did have a few bad habits...

Black 2 -
    Tepig - He was on my black playthrough, but I used random rolls in WoW to determine which of the 3 starters I would get for each game so B2 ended up with him.
    Sneasel - A little impish creature with sharp claws sounds fun to me
    Golett- What intrigued me is that his evolution was on the list of pokemon taht could learn fly!
    Tirtouga - I used the other fossil in my white playthrough, and I really like turtles but didnt want the squirtle line again
    Beldum - I really wanted a steel type and I dont recall ever using a beldum line the entire game, worst part will be getting him through stuff with take down...
    Axew - I had came accross a false swipe family member of his while I was trying to capture the flying storm pokemon, and he was imensely helpful. So I decided to breed him, and now I have his daughter on my team

White 2 -
    Oshawatt - Same as tepig, he was on my white playthrough, but RNG is RNG.
    Charmander - Ok, this was a repeat. Flameliz (My original fire red charizard) has been such a dear to me, I decided to go with his child in White 2.
    Elekid - I used Magmortar in my Soul Silver, so I thought it was fitting for this choice
    Ralts - I never used this line, and I really hope to wind up with a male ralts when it hatches because my ultimate goal is to get Gallade. But since I only bred one egg, if its Gardevoir it still isnt a huge issue
    Snorunt - Like above, I want a female snorunt because I would like to use Froslass. Ice types always intrigue me and an ice girl even more
    Pawnaird - This one I kept looking at, because again like Ice types I love Steel types also and this line screams Knight to me. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

So now I am off to play!
    My Diamond Team:
    Level 100 Level 83 Level 82 Level 78 Level 67 Level 81

Current Shinies:

Name : Steve
    Code: 3866-4541-9445

I'm thinking of setting up this team for my run through Pokemon White 2:

Magnezone [Magnet Pull OR Sturdy]
    Camerupt [Solid Rock]
    Weezing [Levitate]
    Sigilyph [Magic Guard]
    Breloom [Poison Heal OR Technician]
    Octillery [Suction Cups]

Mainly the reason for this team is that they're all (aside from Camerupt) pokemon that I've never used before. (or at least not seriously)

My only real concern is that my team might be really slow overall. Sigilyph is really the only one who can move somewhat fast. I'm tempted to try using Accelgor instead of one of them. How useful have people found Accelgor to be?
    Last edited by Sponge; 10th October 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Emboar - I used him in White 1 and I loved him. He was balanced, easy to use, and I absolutely love the design. He has great stats and is definitely my favorite starter out of all the Unova starters.

Stoutland - After I put my Purrloin in my box for being weak and useless I had to catch another pokemon so I caught a Lilipup. I stopped using my Lilipup in White 1 when it hit level 14 because I wanted to use different pokemon. I've heard good things about him so I figured I'd use him this time.

Muk - I've always loved Muk. Ever since I saw him on the episode where Ash catches him he's been one of my favorites and now that he's available in White 2, I'm taking advantage of it. Can't wait to get my hands on a Grimer.

Wailord - I've never used one but I saw that you can catch a Wailmer and figured I'd may as well try one. He's cool, and I like him. Plus I need a water type and I'd rather have him over say a Basculin or something.

Haxorus - I have a shiny Axew, level one that I'm going to trade over and raise. I never used him, he's just been rotting in my box but I figured I should give him a purpose. Plus I used a Haxorus on my competitive team before I retired and he was amazing. Especially with Swords Dance.

White Kyurem - The box legendary of my version. I usually don't use the legendaries but lately I've been thinking to myself, they're just really strong pokemon, I mean. A pokemon's a pokemon right? Plus I love his design. I liked original Zekrom better, but Reshiram's Kyurem form is definitely better in my opinion.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I am thinking of trading my Dragonite for Altaria.

Dragonite

Adamant Nature

Skill: Multi Scale

-Fire Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Aerial Ace/Fly
    -Dragon Claw

Or

Altaria

Modest? Nature

-Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Perish Song
    -Ice Beam

Edit: I also am going back to my original choice for a water pokemon. My Wailord with Pressure.

Wailord

Modest/Quiet? Nature

-Water Spout
    -Body Slam
    -Curse
    -Ice Beam

Is that a decent move set/nature for Altaria and Wailord?
    Last edited by Astrint; 10th October 2012 at 4:35 AM.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    you can't go wrong with a Wailord with Pressure skill. But another good one i like to use is Carracosta with Solid Rock. And Swanna and Lapras are decent as well.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Picked up a Pressure Wailmer in the Dream World today, and so far it's been nothing but amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Quagsire View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Picked up a Pressure Wailmer in the Dream World today, and so far it's been nothing but amazing.
    You are very welcome

wailmer and wailord are two of my favorite water types and they only got better in gen 5.
    Last edited by Astrint; 10th October 2012 at 4:17 AM.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

On my way to Nimbasa City in White 2 I decided to make a team change since I didn't want my team to have such a huge Ground type weakness and swapped out my Drillbur for a Trapinch. So my final in-game team will now be:

Never trained a Flygon before but I've always wanted to. The first Trapinch I caught was Jolly, so I guess we're off to a good start!

Red face my thoughts~

hello everyone im looking for some help building my team~ these are the pokemon i already have and im now currently on my way to the fifth gym~

Emboar (Fire/Fighting) - starter.. but i was thinking of changing him for Darmanitan cuz everyone was saying how powerful he is, but i changed my mind since ill also lose my fighting type if i did change..
    Lilligant (Grass) and NO you cant remove her from my team (QAQ) i already had to accept the fact that i wouldnt get my adorable Leafeon not until i beat the elite four and i was very very lucky to find her and her awesome cuteness right before i was ready to abandon the game out of pure spite~
    Zoroark (Dark) - for the simple reason that he looks amazinggggly BADASS and i love that he tries to copy my other cute pokemon every time <3
    Espeon (Psychic) - well i dont like the goth one and umm the green bubble thingy so yea i went for her plus her sp.att is insane

the things i base my team are of course firstly on how they look.. they better look cute or cool or they're going to take a hike and not have a place on my team *its a girl thing lol. secondly is their effectiveness to let me beat the elite four and i have covered the first four and now all i have to worry about is iris and her imba dragons so ofc im gonna go ice type!

these 3 pokemon have such a close fight im now posting here to get advice from more experienced players to get their thoughts~

Lapras (Water/Ice) - i know he's awesome and all but i don't really like pokemon that are below 100 for their base stat concerning offense (attk/sp.attk) i do believe Lapras has 85 on both stats. i always try to OHKO all my opponents and im guessing Lapras would have a hard time doing that against iris' dragons even though it has type advantage, not saying that he is weak but i just have my doubts and yes i know he has insane amounts of hp and can take lots and lots of damage but still.. :/

Mamoswine (Ice/Ground) - i like his ground typing which will help me fight electric types but i have two concerns with him, first the obvious.. he looks butt-ugly D: like seriously he does! ;< and um secondly there arent any good ice type moves that are physical based to make use of his enormous attack stat, the only 1 i can think off is ice fang and even that is only like 65 base damage? not even 100% accuracy tsk.

Vanilluxe (Ice) - he looks adorable! and always make me crave ice cream whenever i look at him my only problem with him is i read this thing about him that to be effective he had to be a hailer type? (im thinking that has something to do with the move "hail") and i seriously dont know a thing about it

help me please~ oh and the last slot is for my HM slave~ xD
    gosh now that i think about it im so picky lol

thank you~

^ A fighting type Pokemon will take out 4 of your team members. WAY too much ice in there (plus the dark type)
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

thats why i have my trusty espy she one shots every fighting pokemon xD i ev trained her sp attak + speed oh and she also has modest + highly curious.. so yea basically she one shots everything with psychic <3 *espy you're so amazing~ <3

oh and wait i DONT have an ice pokemon yet thats why im asking XD lol you didnt read my post sorry for it being tl;dr~

Quote Originally Posted by Lunamera View Post
    thats why i have my trusty espy she one shots every fighting pokemon xD i ev trained her sp attak + speed oh and she also has modest + highly curious.. so yea basically she one shots everything with psychic <3 *espy you're so amazing~ <3

oh and wait i DONT have an ice pokemon yet thats why im asking XD lol you didnt read my post sorry for it being tl;dr~
    No I didn't read the whole thing because your formatting was terrible to be honest.

Anyway, I have actually used all of the ice Pokemon you listed recently. I used Lapras on HG/SS, Mamoswine on Platinum, and Vanilluxe on White. Out of those I like Mamoswine the best. My Mamoswine had the moveset of Blizzard (or Ice Shard for priority attack), Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Take Down, but I'd teach it Hail instead of Take Down, since Blizzard would never miss.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Lunamera View Post

You better hope that Sawk doesn't OHKO you. He's got Sturdy.

I'd let someone else fight Sawk.
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

First post, go! (Totally didn't make this account just to ask for help shhhh)

Okay, so I just got to Mistralton and I'm a little concerned that I still only have a four member team. I know I want a Water type but I've heard that you can't get anything but Marill and Basculin until late in the game? I'd rather not import since that always feels kinda punk-out-ish to me, but if the alternative is getting it super late, I guess I'll cave...

My team now is Serperior, Lucario, Swoobat, and Vibrava. I'm not asking for replacement suggests, so don't bother, but a little advice on filling the gaps would be super appreciated. ;u;

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Okay, so I just got to Mistralton and I'm a little concerned that I still only have a four member team. I know I want a Water type but I've heard that you can't get anything but Marill and Basculin until late in the game? I'd rather not import since that always feels kinda punk-out-ish to me, but if the alternative is getting it super late, I guess I'll cave...

My team now is Serperior, Lucario, Swoobat, and Vibrava. I'm not asking for replacement suggests, so don't bother, but a little advice on filling the gaps would be super appreciated. ;u;
    Who said that you can get only Marill and Basculin until late game.You get Psyduck from Gym 1.It's in the Floccesy Ranch.It is a decent water type.You can get Eevee in Castelia Garden and evolve it with Water Stone to get Vaporeon.You can get Panpour in Lostlorn Forest.You can also get Ducklett from the bridge near Driftveil City.And not to mention as soon as you get the ability to surf you can get Basculin,Jellicent and Alomomola.Out of these,I would recommend Jellicent and Golduck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Well, you could have caught a Panpour, Psyduck, or Frillish by now as well. Once you get to Undella, you can catch Wingull, Mantyke, and Remoraid. At Village Bridge, you can catch a Lapras in the surfing spots but they are very rare. Any of those sound decent to you?
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Who said that you can get only Marill and Basculin until late game.You get Psyduck from Gym 1.It's in the Floccesy Ranch.It is a decent water type.You can get Eevee in Castelia Garden and evolve it with Water Stone to get Vaporeon.You can get Panpour in Lostlorn Forest.You can also get Ducklett from the bridge near Driftveil City.And not to mention as soon as you get the ability to surf you can get Basculin,Jellicent and Alomomola.Out of these,I would recommend Jellicent and Golduck.
    Well this is the last time I listen to my friend's brother! Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    Well, you could have caught a Panpour, Psyduck, or Frillish by now as well. Once you get to Undella, you can catch Wingull, Mantyke, and Remoraid. At Village Bridge, you can catch a Lapras in the surfing spots but they are very rare. Any of those sound decent to you?
    When my Vibrava evolves, I'll have two Flying types, so I don't want Swanna. I have a very real phobia of jellyfish, so Jellicent is a no. I've heard Alomomola has great HP but not much else, so ehh... Aaaaand this may be a testament to how petty and/or slightly OCD I am, but I really don't want any more green- or blue-colored members in my team. So that eliminates most of my other choices including Simipour (who I really don't like anyway) and Vaporeon (who I have in FR and I don't like repeats).

I guess I have to import then. As random as it sounds, I was thinking either Kabuto or Relicanth? I've always liked Relicanth but I've never used it to battle. Is it any good? Also, would Joltik be a good sixth member? That end-game would make it:

Serperior
    Lucario
    Swoobat
    Flygon
    Kabutops/Relicanth
    Galvantula

If not, what else would work with my current team? Blehhhh I'm sorry I'm so picky, but I really want to have a nice rounded team ;u; Thanks in advance!

my black 2 challenge mode team
    Krookodile ( my favorite pokemon and my main)
    Outrage
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Serperior
    Giga Drain
    Growth
    Sunny Day
    Leaf Blade

Dragoniate
    Thunder Punch
    Dragon Rush
    Rain Dance
    Hurricane

Arcanine
    Flamethrower
    Wild Charge
    Dragon Pulse
    Iron Head

Vaporeon
    Hydro Pump
    Rain Dance
    Blizzard
    Shadow Ball

comment/suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    my black 2 challenge mode team
    Krookodile ( my favorite pokemon and my main)
    Outrage
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Serperior
    Giga Drain
    Growth
    Sunny Day
    Leaf Blade

Dragoniate
    Thunder Punch
    Dragon Rush
    Rain Dance
    Hurricane

Arcanine
    Flamethrower
    Wild Charge
    Dragon Pulse
    Iron Head

Vaporeon
    Hydro Pump
    Rain Dance
    Blizzard
    Shadow Ball

comment/suggestions please
    Your team has a glaring weakness to Ice.Serperior,Krookodile and Dragonite take SE damage from Ice types.Though you have an Arcanine to cover their weaknesses,you can consider getting a Steel/Fighting/Rock type as your sixth team member to help against Ice types.

My planned Black 2 team is as follows:

Snivy's my favourite Unova starter and it also happens to be the one I've yet to use, so I'll be remedying that in B2.

I've always liked Magnemite, and because it's available so early this time, I decided to add it to my team. I don't think I'll let it reach its final stage until after the Elite Four.

I wanted to use a Fire-type, since I so rarely do so, unless I choose the Fire starter. I narrowed the choices down to Magmortar and Flareon, but Flareon's abysmal movepool was disappointing. Besides, Magmortar's just so badass.

I've gained a recent appreciation for Excadrill. It's a very cool Pokémon with power to boot.

I was in dire need of a Flyer and a Surfer, and Pelipper happened to fit the bill (ohohoho). Its design is quite appealing, too. It's a shame that it's not available earlier as Wingull, but I can live with it.

I haven't decided on the final slot yet. I've been thinking about Heracross, Bisharp, and even Stoutland.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 10th October 2012 at 7:19 PM.

My team to run through the game (will switch it up later)

Serperior (Chose oshawott on Black 1 and I HATE fire/fight)
    Ampharos (one of my favourites from gold/silver)
    Lucario (awesome fighting type)
    Arcanine (self-explanatory)
    Lapras (the ultimate surf slave and also a very decent poke)
    Reuniclus (will perhaps rotate him in)

Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast