Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    Your weakness are;
    water, electric, rock x4
    ice, rock, dragon
    ice, dragon

water, grass, fighting x4, ground, bug, steel
    fire, fighting, ground,

Maybe a psychic pokemon to counter the fighting weakness? Their only weakness is bug, ghost, and dark. But you have fire to cover bug, tyranitar's dark moves for ghost and lucario for dark

Thanks. I was thinking an Espeon. You can get an Eevee early in the game apparently.
    I just got a Cubone in Dream World and he's one of my favourite Pokemon! I might go with Espeon over him though.
    I found a Shinx as well and like I said I havn't played since Crystal so Shinx is new to me. I may have a play around with that as well, it looks and sounds cool.

Can somebody please rate this team for E4?

Lucario Lv.66
    Espeon Lv.62
    Genesect Lv. 64
    Heracross Lv.62
    Hydreigon Lv. 65
    Metagross Lv.60

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    Can somebody please rate this team for E4?

Lucario Lv.66
    Espeon Lv.62
    Genesect Lv. 64
    Heracross Lv.62
    Hydreigon Lv. 65
    Metagross Lv.60
    You have so many repeating types. You've got 2 Psychic-types, 2 Bug-types, 2 Fighting-types, and 3 Steel-types. That said, your Genesect and Lucario will clean house by themselves, no need for the rest of your teammates to assist. :3

Edit: You've also got two semi-ubers and one full-on uber. You should be fine.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 26th April 2013 at 12:21 AM.

I'm preparing to cross the Skyarrow Bridge. Here's what my team consists of so far (counting reserves):

I'm trying to think of a good pokémon (preferably Gen I) to balance out the dynamics. Here are the final two I was planning on deciding between:

Charmeleon (Via egg trade)

Jynx (Caught via Smoochum on Dream Radar)

Aerodactyl (Caught via Old Amber from Twist Mountain)

Right now, I think Jynx or Charmeleon would be the best bet since the only special attackers I have are Dewott & Corsola, plus I already have 2 flying types, but I'm just not too sure. Any suggestions on which of these 3 to get?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 26th April 2013 at 6:37 AM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

How are you guys getting so many Pokemon on your team that isn't In the game or at the stage of the game you're at. Seems unfair lol.

My current team roster is as follows:

Dewott (pending evolution)
    Darmanitan (shiny!)
    Magnezone
    Lucario
    Simisage
    Zoroark or Boldore

This does change sporadically, though
    Last edited by Cyberra; 26th April 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    How are you guys getting so many Pokemon on your team that isn't In the game or at the stage of the game you're at. Seems unfair lol.
    haha I know. I was so lucky to get a Cubone and a Larvitar in the Dream World, 2 of my favourite Pokemon.

I have a Riolu from Dream Radar that I will use and a few others as well that I won't like Thundurus

I haven't got the game yet but you can store Pokemon you caught in Dream World and you can put it into your game as soon as you get the C Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Through the wonder that is trading. It's hardly "unfair", there's nothing stopping you doing the same.

Current team; just reached Mistralton:

Sven [36] Docile
    {Razor Shell, Return, Megahorn, Aqua Jet}
    Reliable starter! His moveset isn't fantastic but he gets by with Razor Shell and Return. I'll probably turn him into a more mixed sweeper when Harper learns Waterfall and Night Slash, just to differentiate the two a bit.

Xavier [36] Modest
    {Giga Drain, Extrasensory, Weather Ball, Leaf Storm}
    Probably the star of the team! Giga Drain is his primary STAB and OHKOs most enemies, but Leaf Storm is a powerful alternative. Extrasensory covers the Poison-types that resist his STAB options, whilst Weather Ball destroys Steel-types when Castform sets the sun up.

Harper [36] Naughty
    {Surf, Return, Dragon Dance, Dig}
    Eagerly awaiting a Physical STAB move, since she's really beginning to lag, even with Adaptability Surf. She gets Night Slash at 39, so hopefully that should tie her over until Crabhammer/Waterfall. Return and Dig are really only there for the times where she's used DD a few times.

Adrianna [36] Modest
    {Dark Pulse, Fly, Nasty Plot, Heat Wave}
    Her defenses and eviolite tend to let her get a few Nasty Plot's under her belt, so she's surprisingly potent despite her abysmal offensive stats. Dark Pulse is there for reliable STAB whereas Heat Wave covers Steel-types. Fly's currently there for utility, but I'll replace it with Air Slash when she learns it.

Felix [36] Adamant
    {Earthquake, Thrash, Dark Pulse, Rock Slide}
    Really slow and an annoying amount of weaknesses, but his EQ is powerful enough and covers this team's vulnerability against Electric-types. Dark Pulse and Thrash is filler really until he learns Crunch and I receive the Hone Claws/Rock Polish TMs.

Io [36] Rash
    {Sunny Day, Weather Ball, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam}
    Newest addition and the makeshift Fire-type of the team. Weather Ball is actually insanely powerful with the weather boost, STAB and Sunny Day factored in (essentially 225BP, if I'm calculating it correctly.) Thunderbolt and Ice Beam were taught in Black version and give her insane coverage. Definitely pulls her weight despite the craptacular stats.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I taught my Black2 Flygon and White2 Dragonite Fly, since I've come to understand that having Fly on your team is indeed more convenient, just like having Surf on your team is. Sadly, my White2 Garchomp could not learn Fly like I thought he could, I'm disappointed.

I also taught my Black2 Arcanine Extremespeed over Close Combat. Kinda cheapens my extensive efforts to catch a female Growlithe for breeding, but oh well. My Azumarill knows Superpower and my Lucario knows Aura Sphere, so there was no need for a 3rd Fighting move on my team.

My current team is:

Shadow (Lucario) lvl 37
    GhostLight (Chandelure) lvl 45
    Spike (Ferrothorn) lvl 43
    Dark Lady (Mandibuzz) lvl 35 but catching up
    Waverider (Samurott) lvl 44
    Shocker (Magnezone) lvl 45

I'm fully aware that I have a lot of steel-types on my team, though of them only Ferrothorn and Magnezone know any steel-type moves. I'm looking to add an ice type. Was hoping for Cryogonal, but Twist Mountain was no-go and I'm coming from the other direction. I'm looking at Vanillish/Vanilluxe, maybe Dewgong if I can get near the Giant Chasm. Thoughts?

Well, i've already finished the Game and most post-game events but my team was:

Snyll - Miracle Seed (Aerial Ace/Return/Leaf Blade/Sword Dance)
    Hydreigon - Draco Plate (Body Slam/ Crunch/ Flamethrower/ Outrage)
    Ally - Leftovers (Secret Power/ Ice Beam/ Work Up/ Attract)
    Lexsandler - Life Orb (Shadow Claw/ Crunch/ Earthquake/ Outrage)
    Ylleure - Charcoal (Flame Burst/ Energy Ball/ Shadow Ball/ Flamethrower)
    Archie - Sharp Beak (Rock Slide/ Dragon Claw/ U-Turn/ Crunch)

Yeah, i do know there are a lot of weakness in there, specially to Bug-Types.
    And yes, i also use an Audino, she Helped me a lot during the game.
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

@^: The only thing that weirds me out about your team is that it lacks a Water-type. Almost everybody keeps a Water-type on their team. There's nothing wrong with it, your team is your choice. It's just that, considering how many Water-types there are--Water is the most populated type in all of Pokémon--that you wouldn't run across a single usable or appealing Water-type at some point in your playthru of the game. You don't even have any Water-type moves on any of your teammates. That is a rare feat, and you are a one-of-a-kind trainer. I think I should salute you, but I'm not certain.... :/

...So no one has any advice on an ice-type for my team? Fine, I'll get cubchoo out of my PC, slap the Exp Share on it, and go pick some fights

Hm.. the lack of a Water type.. never thought about that, really. I have gone through most of the game without too much problems with that team, so, maybe that was why. But, i sincerely thank you for saying that.
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

@Cyberra: Cubchoo is probably the best one, tbh. It learns Surf, which is a feat most pure or non-part-Water Ice-types can't boast about. It also gets good stats and has a much wider movepool than most typical Ice-types do.

@Katsuragi: Well, if not having any Water-type Pokémon or moves hasn't hurt you, then I don't see any problem with your team member or move set choices. Like I said, it's your game and your choice, nobody can tell you what you can or can't do with your Pokémon. It's just, the chances of getting the team you ended up with--not a trace of Water anywhere--are mind-boggling! o.o

@Paladin: I got Cubchoo out of my PC and hard-trained it with the Exp Share and the Lucky Egg. Frostbite the Beartic was lvl 53 by the time I reach Opelucid City's gym. It currently knows Icicle Crash, Blizzard, Brine, and Slash. Contemplating what to teach it next, since the last two moves it learns by level-up are Thrash and Sheer Cold. Sheer Cold is powerful, an instant faint, but it's only 30% accurate. I have Surf on my Samurott, but I'm also wondering what else to teach it, since all the moves my Samurott knows are water-type moves >>;;; Surf, Razor Shell, Water Gun, and Water Pulse. Any thoughts on what else it should learn? I am holding out for Hydro Pump to replace Water Gun, since I love that move.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    @Paladin: I got Cubchoo out of my PC and hard-trained it with the Exp Share and the Lucky Egg. Frostbite the Beartic was lvl 53 by the time I reach Opelucid City's gym. It currently knows Icicle Crash, Blizzard, Brine, and Slash. Contemplating what to teach it next, since the last two moves it learns by level-up are Thrash and Sheer Cold. Sheer Cold is powerful, an instant faint, but it's only 30% accurate. I have Surf on my Samurott, but I'm also wondering what else to teach it, since all the moves my Samurott knows are water-type moves >>;;; Surf, Razor Shell, Water Gun, and Water Pulse. Any thoughts on what else it should learn? I am holding out for Hydro Pump to replace Water Gun, since I love that move.
    Samurott learns Megahorn, Swords Dance, Revenge as some good moves for level up. TMs are: Ice Beam, Aerial Ace, Dragon Tail, Grass Knot. Superpower is also a great move. (Move tutor)
    Last edited by Roy9; 2nd May 2013 at 8:16 PM.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

I personally use Surf, Ice Beam, Superpower and Return on my Samurott. Beartic could learn Blizzard, Hail (Blizzard goes up to unmissable accuracy during Hail, and it activates Snow Cloak), Surf and Focus Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    Samurott learns Megahorn, Swords Dance, Revenge as some good moves for level up. TMs are: Ice Beam, Aerial Ace, Dragon Tail, Grass Knot. Superpower is also a great move. (Move tutor)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    I personally use Surf, Ice Beam, Superpower and Return on my Samurott. Beartic could learn Blizzard, Hail (Blizzard goes up to unmissable accuracy during Hail, and it activates Snow Cloak), Surf and Focus Blast.
    So noted. I'll visit the move relearner and see what TMs I have.

I'm having trouble trying to figure out which pokémon to keep on my team ()

Right now here are the two I'm trying to decide on:
    @ eviolite (I'm not evolving it into Arcanine btw)
    Lv. 62/Male/Flash Fire/Rash
    - Flare Blitz
    - Return
    - Outrage
    - Flamethrower

Corsola @ None
    Lv. 62/Male/Hustle/Serious
    - Surf
    - Power Gem
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

I know either way, I'd have two types but these are the 2 I want t oadd for definite. Can anyone tell me which one would be better please?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I'm having trouble trying to figure out which pokémon to keep on my team ()

Right now here are the two I'm trying to decide on:
    @ eviolite (I'm not evolving it into Arcanine btw)
    Lv. 62/Male/Flash Fire/Rash
    - Flare Blitz
    - Return
    - Outrage
    - Flamethrower

Corsola @ None
    Lv. 62/Male/Hustle/Serious
    - Surf
    - Power Gem
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

I know either way, I'd have two types but these are the 2 I want t oadd for definite. Can anyone tell me which one would be better please?
    It depends on the movesets of the rest of your team... If you don't have ground/rock moves, pick Corsola. If you don't have dragon moves, keep Growlithe. Growlithe is the cooler one of them, but Corsola is really a interesting Pokemon. If you don't care about 2 recoil moves, give
    Growlithe Wild Charge for coverage and keep it in your team. Also, a better idea for his set is:
    -Wild Charge
    -Return/Dig
    -Outrage
    -Flamethrower

On this way Growlithe doesn't have two recoil moves and can it stand longer in battle. But Flare Blitz is stronger. So Growlithe is definitely the strongest one of those 2, but a lot of people use it, so if you wanna be original choose Corsola.

Anyway, I'm planning in Black2 to rotate as much as possible Pokemon, something like 10-15 Pokés. How much do you guys recommend? I don't mind some grinding because it then takes longer to beat the game, which sounds good to me.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

My team so far is a hearty band of 5 atm, I'm still looking for a 6th. I'm probably going to make a few pokemon that rotate into my team and so fourth.
    They are:

Lucario
    Arcanine
    Leavanny
    Ampharos
    Haxorus
    ???Solosis??? Will trade from my White version.
    As for pokemon that rotate into the team from time to time:

Tyranitar
    Rhydon
    Charizard
    Accelgor
    Carracosta

The reason I prefer Rhydon over Rhypherier (sorry for shocking spelling) is that I'm a sucka for originals. Plus I like Rhydons design, moves and his general badassery

New Black2 teammates! My team currently looks like this:

Gigawatt the Magnezone (X)
    @Wise Glasses
    Calm nature
    Sturdy ability
    100 HP/10 Atk/100 Def/100 SAtk/100 SDef/100 Spd EVs
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Signal Beam
    -Tri-Attack

Lovepyre the Swoobat (F)
    @Choice Specs
    Bold nature
    Unaware ability
    100 HP/10 Atk/100 Def/100 SAtk/100 SDef/100 Spd EVs
    -Psyshock
    -Air Slash
    -Giga Drain
    -Shadow Ball

Harley the Emboar (M)
    @Muscle Band
    Relaxed nature
    Blaze ability
    100 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/10 SAtk/100 SDef/100 Spd EVs
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brick Break
    -Wild Charge
    -Rock Slide

Hwa-rang the Samurott (M)
    @Choice Scarf
    Hasty nature
    Torrent ability
    100 HP/100 Atk/50 Def/100 SAtk/60 SDef/100 Spd EVs
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Superpower
    -Return

Alteon the Serperior (M)
    @Life Orb
    Rash nature
    Overgrow ability
    100 HP/100 Atk/60 Def/100 SAtk/50 SDef/100 Spd EVs
    -Giga Drain
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Aqua Tail
    -Return

Foo-lion the Flygon (M)
    @Choice Band
    Calm nature
    Levitate ability
    100 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/10 SAtk/100 SDef/100 Spd EVs
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Rock Slide
    -Fly
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 10th May 2013 at 1:50 AM. Reason: Changed Magnezone's hold item.

Zoroark
    Hasty
    Illusion
    -Foul Play
    -Faint Attack
    -Torment
    -Night Slash

Sigilyph
    Lax
    Tinted Lens
    -Fly
    -Tailwind
    -Air Cutter
    -Psybeam

Vaporeon
    Serious
    Water Absorb
    -Aurora Beam
    -Surf
    -Aqua Ring
    -Bite

Serperior
    Timid
    Overgrow
    -Coil
    -Leech Seed
    -Mega Drain
    -Leaf Blade

Lucario
    Naughty
    Inner Focus
    -Quick Attack
    -Foresight
    -Return
    -Force Palm

Vibrava
    Careful
    Levitate
    -Crunch
    -Rock Slide
    -Dragonbreath
    -Bulldoze

I'm in the process of getting all my Pokemon to level 41 for the fight with Skyla, but how are they looking for the fight in general? Zoroark and Serperior (possibly Sigilyph too) could definitely use some diversity as far as attack type is concerned. Or rather most of them could, except for Vibrava. He's looking pretty good, imo. I haven't had much problem fighting anyone so far but any advice would be appreciated.

My Team (Just defeated 8th Gym) as of now is-

Zoroark Lvl 56 Ability-Illusion

Moveset-
    Foul Play
    Giga Impact
    Night Slash
    Snarl

Zangoose Lvl 54 Ability-Toxic Boost

Moveset-
    Crush Claw
    Close Combat
    X-Scissor
    Shadow Claw

Lucario Lvl 54 Ability-Inner Focus

Moveset-
    Aura Sphere
    Strength
    Dual Chop
    Bone Rush

Camerupt Lvl 54 Ability-Magma Armor

Moveset-
    Earth Power
    Lava Plume
    Earthquake
    Eruption

Samurott Lvl 54 Ability-Torrent

Moveset-
    Hydro Cannon
    Surf
    Razor Shell
    Megahorn

Reuniclus Lvl 55 Ability-Magic Guard

Moveset-
    Psychic
    Future Sight
    Dizzy Punch
    Recover

I Love my team but as of now I am trying to get a Shiny Terrakion...Can't Move on til' I get him... But I will soon be replacing Probably Either Zangoose or Camerupt for Kyurem.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i won a match with jigglypuff against kirby (the forums user) once. thanks for reading my smash bros story
    ^ So inspirational I can't even...

Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast