Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Since i have gotten every final form pokemon (besides legendaries) good natured and high leveled from unova in White, for this i'm thinking of getting all non-Unova pokemon.

Lucario
    Arcanine
    Umbreon
    Espeon
    Ampharos

The final spot, i'm unsure of, anyone have any suggestions? Thankyou.

Well, GF certainly spoiled us all for choice!

I'm thinking of having these 6:

Magmortar has been one of my favourites, but I have never used it in any playthrough at all! Well, unless I use it in my next Platinum playthrough, I'll give it a first spin in BW2.

Ahh Floatzel...you are quite the something. I remembered tutoring a Buizel Ice Punch. It was quite fun. But Floatzel looks like a nice choice, so I'll go with it.

Azumarill...it is quite a neat mon, also getting Superpower via level up in these games. That's enough to warrant a spot in the squad.

Roserade. I've liked Roserade a lot, especially because Drew has one. Hey, I like it a lot, so why not?

Arcanine comes as a reincarnation of my current Black team, and also proved especially useful in said team. This awesome canine is granted a spot.

Heraboss. I like it, the horn, the mega (no pun intended) powerful Megahorn and the Close Combat to go with it. It happens to be a nice pokemon.

All in all, I'll use this team in my next Black / Platinum playthrough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Well, so you can trade with BW1 with c gear? Wohoo! I can still get nidos!

Anyway I'm probably gonna go for an approach of not really caring for balance and just trying out pokemon I haven't before... except Nidos of course.

The ones I'm definitely getting:

Koffing
    Yamask (mostly to counter psychics)
    Nidoran m or f (hidden ability~)

and the maybes are:

Skill-link Minccino
    Magnemite
    Buneary (if black2)
    Rufflet
    Cubchoo
    Vanillish
    Klink
    Axew

And these ones depend on starter mostly (also maybes):
    Tepig or Snivy:
    Staryu
    Azurill (huge power)

Snivy or Oshawott:
    Timburr
    Riolu
    Litwik
    Vulpix

Oshawott or Tepig:
    Petilil or Cottonee
    Venipede
    Eevee (to Leafeon)

There's probably a few others I'm forgetting right now but that's off the top of my head.

I think my W2 team will look like this, in order of getting the Pokémon:

- Dunsparce / Shell Bell / Scope Lens - Coil; Drill Run; Return; Poison Jab
    - Cinccino (+ Skill Link) / Wide Lens - Bullet Seed; Rock Blast; Tail Slap; Giga Impact
    - Claydol / Wise Glasses - Charge Beam; Extrasensory; Earth Power; Shadow Ball
    - Vespiquen / Flying Gem - Attack Order; Defend Order; Acrobatics; Power Gem
    - Durant / Expert Belt - X-Scissor; Iron Head; Crunch; Rock Slide
    - Starmie / Life Orb - Ice Beam; Surf; Thunderbolt; Psychic
    If Braviary is found on Route 4 as an interactable Pokémon in White 2, I might have it in my team instead of Claydol.

Future White 2 team:

Serperior
    Lucario
    Flygon
    Eelektross (Maybe Magnezone instead or as a rotation member)
    Crobat (Maybe Drapion instead or as a rotation team member)
    Darmanitan
    Azumarill/Vaporeon/Floatzel/Jellicent/Starmie/Lapras (can't really decide yet)

I really want to use a starter for real this time, last time in White I switched my Serperior for a Ferrothorn. But since Serperior's amount of useful moves have increased thanks to move tutors, I'm willing to give it another chance.
    Lucario because I haven't used it since Pearl.
    I have planned for a long time to use a Flygon and when I first heard it was in B2W2, there was no reason I should not use it.
    At first I decided to use Magnezone in B2, but its Steel-typing would overlap with Lucario's, so I changed my mind and decided on Eelektross instead. I will probably still use atleast Magnemite until I catch a Tynamo.
    Crobat because I haven't used it for a long time. But I really want try out Drapion again, so it's undecided as for now.
    I really wanted to use two fire-pokemon in White: Chandelure and Darmanitan. Chandelure in White and now Darmanitan in White 2.

Any recommendations for the Water-type?
    *Mega Fairies*

My team in detail for White 2 would have to be:

-Emboar-BaconBlitz-Adamant-Blaze-Leftovers
    • Flare Blitz
    • Fire Punch
    • Hammer Arm
    • Head Smash

-Lucario-Aurarion-Modest-Steadfast/Inner Focus-Expert Belt-
    • Aura Sphere
    • Flash Cannon
    • Dragon Pulse
    • Dark Pulse

-Haxorus(Shiny)-Dracola-Adamant-Mold Breaker-Muscle Band-
    • Outrage
    • Dragon Dance
    • Shadow Claw
    • Poison Jab

-Lapras-Glaceria-Sassy-Shell Armor/Water Absorb-King's Rock
    • Surf
    • Ice Beam
    • Drill Run
    • Zen Headbutt

-Leafeon-Autumnal-Impish-Leaf Guard-Scope Lens
    • Leaf Blade
    • Aerial Ace
    • Sunny Day
    • X-Scissor

-Electivire-Motorbolt-Naughty-Motor Drive-BrightPowder
    • Thunderpunch
    • Thunder
    • Rain Dance
    • Ice Punch/Fire Punch

Since I'm choosing Serperior in Black 2, I'll be choosing Emboar, again. He has a pretty high Attack stat that sweeps the floor.
    Lucario is my second favorite Pokemon, and has a great moveset that covers mostly anything you need.
    Haxorus, my favorite Unova Pokemon, and a great Physical Dragon type.     Spoiler:- Post-game:

Lapras, because it is pretty bulky, and now with the Move Tutors, it can learn Drill Run.
    Leafeon, because who doesn't love Eevee? I also have a tradition of always having a fire, water, and grass Pokemon on my team, so Leafeon eorked out great as an Eeveelution and my grass member.
    And finally, Electivire, not much to say here, I've always liked the design and great move pool. I also needed an electric type.

That's my White 2 team, can't wait to try it out.
    Last edited by TurboBlaziken; 24th June 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: New information

Right, I should be getting my Jap. version soon, and I've started to think about my team!
    - Tepig (Emboar) M
    - Sewaddle (Leavanny) F
    - Magnemite (Magnezone) -
    - Baltoy (Claydoll) -
    - Vullaby (Mandibuzz) F / Swablu (Altaria) F
    - Seel (Dewgong) M / Buizel (Floatzel) M

I like everything balanced, that's why I have 2 Males, 2 Females and 2 Genderless Pokémon! And why I have 3 3-stage Pokémon and 2 3-stage Pokémon. Does anyone know whereabouts Route 23 (for Vullaby) and Seaside Cave (Seel) are? Hopefully not too for into the game!
    EDIT: Going with Swablu and Buizel instead! They seem like they're availible earlier! ^^
    Last edited by aclover; 24th June 2012 at 2:28 PM.

NOTE:
    *Yanmega instead of Vespiquen*
    *Magmortar instead of Arcanine*
    *Arcanine instead of Camerupt*

I'm thinking that my team will end up something like:

- Serperior
    - Electivire
    - Flygon
    - Excadrill
    - Cincinno
    - Mantine/???

But I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably keep Serperior, Electivire, Cincinno and Flygon, but I may replace Excadrill and Mantine is really just a filler Pokemon. I want to get most of my Pokemon
    relatively early in the game, so that's why I'm sort of iffy on Mantine (and the last spot as a whole). A Water-type would be handy, but all the ones I'd like to use seem to only be available very late in the game B| Some other Pokemon I'm considering are Umbreon, Camerupt, Skarmory, Floatzel and Mamoswine, but I'm really not sure yet.

I'm thinking of just going with the flow once I get the game, and not really planning the last spot at all.

My future Black 2 team will most likely be

Emboar
    Magnezone
    Meloetta
    Drapion
    Pelipper
    Durant.

I never used Emboar in my English BW games so I will give him a go. Magnezone was someone I never used, Meloetta is because it's my favorite legendary, Pelipper is my HM slave. Durant or Drapion may be my use of Cut in the game.

I only got the game a few hours ago, so I don't really have much of a team yet. I've been wandering around the Sangi Ranch aimlessly for like 25 minutes waiting for a Psyduck to show up, I'm gonna scream if one doesn't show up soon xD

As of Sangi Ranch, my team is currently-
    Mareep "Sparky" Lv. 12
    Oshawott Lv. 8
    Azurill Lv. 5

I'll be catching a Growlithe as soon as I see one, boxing Azurill once I get back to a centre and I'll be dropping Oshawott for Psyduck and possibly Sparky for Magnemite, haven't really got a plan outside of that yet though :3
    Last edited by ROFLMAO; 24th June 2012 at 3:02 PM.
    PASBL Record-
    TL- 3
    Ref Grade- C+
    Wins- 20 ~ Losses- 8 ~ Draws- 1
    TP- 130 KOs- 49 SP- 10
    Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 32

Probably using my starter (Tepig, so that means I'll use Embroar), Lucario, Azumarill.

The rest are still unsure. I am thinking to use Zoroark and Leafeon. All left now is the flyer of the team...

I am thinking about Volcarona, but three fire types is not balanced. I am wondering to use Flygon or Swoobat too :/
    But I am also thinking to use other Pokemon.
    Y Team :3

pics from spp :3

When it comes out in the UK, I plan to train:

Samurott (M), named Copernicus (to go with my Serperior, Galileo)
    Arcanine (F), named Honey (just seems fitting)
    Rapidash (F), named Lyra (she's a unicorn =P)
    Cacturne (F), named Roxy (also fitting)
    Nidoking (M, duh) named Magnus (cool name)
    Braviary (M, of course) named Steve (Avengers reference)
    Bisharp (M), named Tony (Ditto)
    Siglyph (F), named Twinkle (sounds mystical)
    Sandslash (M), named Baker (don't know why)

I know that Nidoran, Cacnea and Ponyta can't be found in Black 2, so I've already caught them, ready for training when the game comes. I'll also trade for a Rufflet egg. =)

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I'm currently in Driftveil, before the 5th Gym. I play as a girl, who I named コリーナ (Corina), guess why.

My team:
    Servine (Lenin - レニン), Lv. 32
    Magby (Kirov - キロヴ), Lv. 24
    Sandile (Khruschtschov - フルショヴ) - Lv. 20
    Minccino (Togliatti - トリアッチ) - Lv. 24 (the event one)
    Zorua (N's one, newly obtained) - Lv. 25

Weak, I know. As a typical plotfag, I don't raise any competitive Pokemon. I just want to beat the freakin' game, y'know, like in good ole' times. But this team does terrible job in doing even this.

Also, I must find some HM Slaves.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Planned team so far:

Emboar
    Starmie
    Tropius
    Ampharos
    Dunsparce
    Grumpig

Well here's what I've got. Since we have the full Unova dex I'll be going with Samurott, Lucario, Arcanine,Crobat, Espeon, Electabuzz/Electrivire. And for extra Haxours. Why is this my team? Because I have been using really terrible teams when I was a young kid mainly using first Route Pokemon. Now, I am changing up with a much better round up.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

My planned team for Black 2 (once released in the UK) are:
    Samurott
    Ninetales
    Magnezone
    Krookodile
    Unfezant (Male)
    Leavanny (Female)
    Rotation for Black 2:
    Politoed (Male)
    Emboar
    Ampharos
    Reuniclus
    Bellossom (Female)
    Serperior

My planned team for White 2 (once released in the UK) are:
    Samurott
    Leavanny
    Ampharos
    Krookodile
    Unfezant (Female)
    Scolipede
    Rotation for White 2:
    Blastoise
    Emboar
    Ampharos
    Reuniclus
    Bellossom
    Serperior
    Last edited by Kangaflora; 24th June 2012 at 3:15 PM.
    Kangaflora
    Formerly known as Girafarig-chan

Definitely don't have the game yet, but my planned team is something like this:

Bisharp
    Golurk
    Hydregion
    Escavalier
    Carracosta
    [HM Slave Spot]

I have plenty of trained Pokémon from previous gens already, so I had these guys picked before we knew the full extent of the new Unova 'dex. I acknowledge the fact that I may have to trade in a Pokémon or two for the early game, since 3/5 of these weren't available until the seventh gym or later in B/W.

I'm probably getting both games again...darn them for making these games too awesome D:

Haven't really given it much thought what I'll be using for what games, I'm waiting a little until things get a little more finished(Moves and whatnot).

But at the moment I'm looking at these to use:
    Sandile Line-I've seen some of the move tutor moves, now I can use it again and get a little something different from it.

Gligar Line-A favorite of mine, of which I never really got to use to the extent I wanted, so I'll be using it for sure.

Magnemite Line-I haven't really gotten to use Magnezone so I'm certainly using this in one of my first play throughs of one of the games, I've used Magnemite and Magneton a bit but still want to use Magnezone, plus these are favorites so it's not that big of a deal to use Magnemite and Magneton again.

Trapinch Line-I haven't really used it outside of Hoenn games, another favorite as well, I'll be able to get a new experience from it in these games.

Aron Line-Same reasons as Trapinch's line.

Azurill Line-Not really a favorite but I do have an interest in using it, it's Ability seems interesting enough that I never noticed before really.

Psyduck Line-Alternatively, I'd might use Psyduck over Azurill(Probably use both eventually), as it's not something I've used before and while not a favorite it's interesting to me.

I plan to use a large variety of Pokemon in my many play throughs of the game, but at the moment my first teams for each game I think will be:
    Starter Line(Not sure one which I'll be using yet)
    Sandile Line
    Magnemite Line
    Trapinch Line
    Azurill Line
    Koffing Line/Grimer Line

Starter Line
    Ferroseed Line/Durant
    Gligar Line
    Aron Line
    Skarmory
    Psyduck Line

I wanted to make two teams that were formated in having one Pokemon from each generation plus a stater of this generation, although I also wanted to use all types between my two teams...which at the moment isn't happening.

Ugh, there's just so many Pokemon I'd like to use for one reason or another, I still want to use:
    -Zubat Line
    -Spoink Line
    -Riolu Line
    -Dunsparce
    -Growlithe Line
    -Magby Line(If things go as planned)
    -Elekid Line(If things go as planned)
    -A lot of Pokemon that evolve based on trading(Never really got much chance to use them so I'm hoping I can this time)
    -Eevee Line(Never really used them before, not all that interested in them although Jolteon and Umbreon are interesting enough for me)
    -Sandshrew Line
    -Pinsir
    -Baltoy Line
    -Zangoose
    -Seviper
    -Skorupi Line
    -Some more non-5th generation Pokemon
    -Probably will use some 5th generation Pokemon again, I used a lot in my many play throughs of Black but with the move tutors I'll be able to get something new from some of them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I only really have a skeleton of my team, and I'll decide for sure once pokearth's up, but here it goes:

Serperior
    Newest addition here over Sawsbuck. Those tutor moves are looking really good.
    Darmanitan
    Wanted to use this guy in BW but I already had Tepig. Hopefully it's still available early on.
    Azumarill
    BW is probably the first game where Azurill and co are available early on, and I'm taking advantage of that. I'll end up trading it to BW so I can breed one with Aqua Jet though.
    Drifblim
    The only flying type that really appeals to me. I'm breeding for this since I can't wait until Route 13 for it.
    Stunfisk
    He's the only other Electric type that appeals to me from Unova. I also needed a good Surfer and Stunfisk fits well. I'll also breed him and introduce him around the 3rd gym, as he has good stats and a good levelup movepool, so I don't want him to overshadow the others.
    ???
    Originally, this was going to Excadrill, but since Stunfisk already provides ground moves and I have a ton of physical sweepers already, this spot is now open. I'm leaning towards Lucario at the moment as Riolu is early and I've still not used my favourite pokemon in battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Here's my team for Black 2:
    Samurott: I used Tepig for Black and Snivy for White so I'll complete the trio

Arcanine: I always need a good fire type! Plus I can get it early in the game.

Leafeon: My all time favortie eevee-lution and now that it learns Leaf Blade at lvl 45, it's going to PWN!

Mandibuzz: I need a flyer and it has a hidden ability that I like (Weak Armour)

Grumpig: It's just so derpy yet one of my all time favorite pokemon....and you can find it in the wild! Bonus!

Flygon: I'll catch it as a Vibrava in Rebirth MT. along with Grumpig. Should be a massive ingame sweeper.
    Last edited by Hudsonn98; 30th June 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Confirmed members of my team:
    Samurott
    Simisage
    Arcanine
    Ampharos

My problem is, I want to use Skarmory, Weavile, and Grumpig because I like tim a lot, but they are very late in the game. So I might use these things instead:
    Toxicroak
    Lucario
    Aggron
    I'm awesome

I'm thinking of doing a rotational team for Black 2:

Samurott
    Arcanine
    Flygon
    Magnezone
    Scarfty
    Unfezant/Accelgor/Vanilluxe

My dilema is that I want to use more Unova pokemon than older ones but I'm kind of having some difficulty in picking some? Also I need a Psychic type perhaps and i've used Reuniclus and Sigilyph is catchable at the Desort Resort as are both Trapinch and Scarggy.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaGalvantula View Post
    I'm thinking of doing a rotational team for Black 2:

Samurott
    Arcanine
    Flygon
    Magnezone
    Scarfty
    Unfezant/Accelgor/Vanilluxe

My dilema is that I want to use more Unova pokemon than older ones but I'm kind of having some difficulty in picking some? Also I need a Psychic type perhaps and i've used Reuniclus and Sigilyph is catchable at the Desort Resort as are both Trapinch and Scarggy.
    You could always use Grumpig.
    I'm awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    You could always use Grumpig.
    As I said I want to use more Unova pokemon.

I feel like i'm using to much of the older gens and not enough of the new ones. Man Unova had terrible Psychic types aside from Reuniclus and Sigilyph.

I'm still not sure about my entire team except for Samurott, Arcanine, Flygon and Scarfty. I need a Electric type and I've used Galvantula already, Eelektross is kind of complictaed to train plus I'm restricting my team to one stone evo (Arcanine), Zebstrika I may use in a later playthrough of White 1 once I transfer my old team to Black 2 and i'm getting Black 2 and not Whit 2 so no Electabuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I'm probably getting both games again...darn them for making these games too awesome D:

Haven't really given it much thought what I'll be using for what games, I'm waiting a little until things get a little more finished(Moves and whatnot).

But at the moment I'm looking at these to use:
    Sandile Line-I've seen some of the move tutor moves, now I can use it again and get a little something different from it.

Gligar Line-A favorite of mine, of which I never really got to use to the extent I wanted, so I'll be using it for sure.

Magnemite Line-I haven't really gotten to use Magnezone so I'm certainly using this in one of my first play throughs of one of the games, I've used Magnemite and Magneton a bit but still want to use Magnezone, plus these are favorites so it's not that big of a deal to use Magnemite and Magneton again.

Trapinch Line-I haven't really used it outside of Hoenn games, another favorite as well, I'll be able to get a new experience from it in these games.

Aron Line-Same reasons as Trapinch's line.

Azurill Line-Not really a favorite but I do have an interest in using it, it's Ability seems interesting enough that I never noticed before really.

Psyduck Line-Alternatively, I'd might use Psyduck over Azurill(Probably use both eventually), as it's not something I've used before and while not a favorite it's interesting to me.

I plan to use a large variety of Pokemon in my many play throughs of the game, but at the moment my first teams for each game I think will be:
    Starter Line(Not sure one which I'll be using yet)
    Sandile Line
    Magnemite Line
    Trapinch Line
    Azurill Line
    Koffing Line/Grimer Line

Starter Line
    Ferroseed Line/Durant
    Gligar Line
    Aron Line
    Skarmory
    Psyduck Line

I wanted to make two teams that were formated in having one Pokemon from each generation plus a stater of this generation, although I also wanted to use all types between my two teams...which at the moment isn't happening.

Ugh, there's just so many Pokemon I'd like to use for one reason or another, I still want to use:
    -Zubat Line
    -Spoink Line
    -Riolu Line
    -Dunsparce
    -Growlithe Line
    -Magby Line(If things go as planned)
    -Elekid Line(If things go as planned)
    -A lot of Pokemon that evolve based on trading(Never really got much chance to use them so I'm hoping I can this time)
    -Eevee Line(Never really used them before, not all that interested in them although Jolteon and Umbreon are interesting enough for me)
    -Sandshrew Line
    -Pinsir
    -Baltoy Line
    -Zangoose
    -Seviper
    -Skorupi Line
    -Some more non-5th generation Pokemon
    -Probably will use some 5th generation Pokemon again, I used a lot in my many play throughs of Black but with the move tutors I'll be able to get something new from some of them.
    Ever heard of the term "Rotation"? Always useful to have a Rotation Party (as a back-up).
    Kangaflora
    Formerly known as Girafarig-chan

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast