Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendrone View Post
    Decided to replace Floatzel, but I can't decide which one:

Lapras:
    A great wall, a good Ice-type, and likely a better Surfer than Floatzel. However, its low Speed and crazy rarity kinda makes me lean towards Starmie. How far in the game to you have to get to reach Village Bridge?

Starmie:
    An amazing sweeper with pretty good defenses. It shares weaknesses with Espeon, but that shouldn't be a problem. How late do you get it, and is worth teaching Cosmic Power?

Please help with my team!
    I would go with a starmie and replace espeon with umbreon, since the hidden ability isn't really all that and i cant stress this enough but the game goes so much smoother with a dark type and umbreon is awesome. lapras is a beast, but it took my friend an hour to catch one on a rom, and that was using something where he could save right before he found a special surfing spot and then diving into the special surfing spot over and oer, something you cant do in the ds games.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Quote Originally Posted by andresballer03 View Post
    I would go with a starmie and replace espeon with umbreon, since the hidden ability isn't really all that and i cant stress this enough but the game goes so much smoother with a dark type and umbreon is awesome. lapras is a beast, but it took my friend an hour to catch one on a rom, and that was using something where he could save right before he found a special surfing spot and then diving into the special surfing spot over and oer, something you cant do in the ds games.
    Thank you, I'll consider Umbreon! However, I thought Magic Bounce an amazing ability.
    I present to you: The invisible signature! ......Is it working?

I've been planning my English White2 Version team! (surprise surprise)

Samurott (M):
    I'm using Emboar in my Jap. Black 2 and I used than in my English White and I used a Samurott in my English Black! So I wanted to fit the pattern :3 Plus I really don't like Serperior.
    Plus, Iron Tail on Samurott would be fun! ^-^ An all physical-move Samurott!

Electivire (F):
    I promised myself one; hands down, one of my favourite Pokémon. And the tutors are back, so Magnet Rise, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Signal beam are all good options!

Camerupt (F):
    oooh, mrs grumble! I've been planning to use one since forever, and I'm glad they are real easy to get! Earthquake, a good physical fire move (flame charge?) and some others (a rock and a poison?) is gonna be fuuun!

Sawsbuck (M):
    Serene Grace one; hands down. And some moves that will be boosted to go along with it!

Vespiquen (F):
    Needed a flying type, and I'm hoping to breed Combee, for easy access! I've wanted to use one too, and I love its design!

Aggron (M):
    So Cool. Hoping to breed an DW Aron for Heavy Metal, so Heavy Slam (I think that's its name?) will get more power! And for they typing balance, too! :3
    I needed balance for the team too.

NOTE:
    *Yanmega instead of Vespiquen*
    *Magmortar instead of Arcanine*
    *Arcanine instead of Camerupt*

I have a sort of planned team, which may change.

(0) Vansh - Male PC

(1) Basty - Liepard

(2) Sammy - Samurott

(3) Ampho - Ampharos

(4) Iyaz - Simisage

(6) Feugo - Arcanine

I also might replace Feugo or Ampho, does anybody know any good Fire or Electric types post-game? And does anybody know a good Flying Type I should choose, I know I have Skarmory in my sig, but I don't want to use him anymore. I personally don't feel like using him(even though I love him), and I want something which doesn't redo types or colors and is earlier Skarmory. And I have replaced Weavile with Liepard because I have heard it has got less suckish, and besides, the counterpart of Persian can't be that bad, right? I still don't have the game yet, so does anybody still think I should use Weavile? And again, what flying type should I use? Ill update my sig later. Help would be very appreciated. ^^
    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus] : [Tifa] : [Aeon]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

I am going to get both versions:

My Black 2 Team:
    Samurott
    Lucario
    Arcanine
    Espeon
    Flygon
    Eelektross

My White 2 Team:
    Serperior
    Glaceon
    Swanna
    Aggron
    Camerupt
    Sixth spot not sure at the moment.
    Last edited by Paul1985; 13th July 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Decided to replace Floatzel, but I can't decide which one:

Lapras:
    A great wall, a good Ice-type, and likely a better Surfer than Floatzel. However, its low Speed and crazy rarity kinda makes me lean towards Starmie. How far in the game to you have to get to reach Village Bridge?

Starmie:
    An amazing sweeper with pretty good defenses. It shares weaknesses with Espeon, but that shouldn't be a problem. How late do you get it, and is worth teaching Cosmic Power?

Please help with my team!
    Lapras before the 7th gym and Staryu before the 8th gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Lapras before the 7th gym and Staryu before the 8th gym.
    Well that sucks... Are you sure there is no way to get to Undella Town (Staryu's apparent first location) before beating Drayden? I could've sworn Rebirth Mountain could lead you to Undella...

Is Cosmic Power worth waiting for before Staryu's evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    I also might replace Feugo or Ampho, does anybody know any good Fire or Electric types post-game? And does anybody know a good Flying Type I should choose, I know I have Skarmory in my sig, but I don't want to use him anymore. I personally don't feel like using him(even though I love him), and I want something which doesn't redo types or colors and is earlier Skarmory. And I have replaced Weavile with Liepard because I have heard it has got less suckish, and besides, the counterpart of Persian can't be that bad, right? I still don't have the game yet, so does anybody still think I should use Weavile? And again, what flying type should I use? Ill update my sig later. Help would be very appreciated. ^^
    For a flying type I strongly recommend Sigilyph. I used one in a recent playthrough, they are pretty strong and with decent hp, special defense, defense and access to the moves reflect, light screen, and cosmic power can be very defensive.
    As for post game Fire and Electric types I am not too sure one. Arcanine and Ampharos would do fine post game.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4532-2401
    Friend Safari: Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Well that sucks... Are you sure there is no way to get to Undella Town (Staryu's apparent first location) before beating Drayden? I could've sworn Rebirth Mountain could lead you to Undella...

Is Cosmic Power worth waiting for before Staryu's evolution?
    You can get a Staryu the second you get into Undella Town, which is right after Rebirth Mtn. They're found on rippling spots of water and while surfing. Apparently, the Pokedex Location tab I'm using says you can find them in Undella during Autumn, so a simple season switch is necessary.
    Last edited by Streetlight; 13th July 2012 at 11:50 PM.

I <3 Quagsire

Quote Originally Posted by aclover View Post
    I've been planning my English White2 Version team! (surprise surprise)

Samurott (M):
    I'm using Emboar in my Jap. Black 2 and I used than in my English White and I used a Samurott in my English Black! So I wanted to fit the pattern :3 Plus I really don't like Serperior.
    Plus, Iron Tail on Samurott would be fun! ^-^ An all physical-move Samurott!

Electivire (F):
    I promised myself one; hands down, one of my favourite Pokémon. And the tutors are back, so Magnet Rise, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Signal beam are all good options!

Camerupt (F):
    oooh, mrs grumble! I've been planning to use one since forever, and I'm glad they are real easy to get! Earthquake, a good physical fire move (flame charge?) and some others (a rock and a poison?) is gonna be fuuun!

Sawsbuck (M):
    Serene Grace one; hands down. And some moves that will be boosted to go along with it!

Vespiquen (F):
    Needed a flying type, and I'm hoping to breed Combee, for easy access! I've wanted to use one too, and I love its design!

Aggron (M):
    So Cool. Hoping to breed an DW Aron for Heavy Metal, so Heavy Slam (I think that's its name?) will get more power! And for they typing balance, too! :3
    I needed balance for the team too.
    Do NOT use Heavy Metal!Rock Head is so much better(Head Smash).

Don't put a Physical fire move on Camerupt.It doesn't have a decent one,and it has better special Attack.

Iron Tail?What is this I don't even

-Waterfall
    -Megahorn
    -Aqua Jet/Return/Night Slash
    -Swords Dance

Electivire can't learn Ice Beam,Magnet Rise sucks.

-ThunderPunch/Wild Charge
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Cross Chop/Flamethrower

Quote Originally Posted by Streetlight View Post
    You can get a Staryu the second you get into Undella Town, which is right after Rebirth Mtn. They're found on rippling spots of water and while surfing. Apparently, the Pokedex Location tab I'm using says you can find them in Undella during Autumn, so a simple season switch is necessary.
    Strange. Serebii's Pokearth says Staryu can be found in any season, yet Marriland's walkthrough says it's only in Autumn. Thanks for the help!

Can someone help me with my team? (mostly for the natures)
    Serperior - Coil , dragon tail , leaf blade , aqua tail
    Lucario - Aura sphere, dark pulse, calm mind/heal pulse, flash cannon
    Vaporeon - Shadow ball , protect , surf , ice beam
    Electivire - Wild charge , brick break , ice punch , earthquake
    Flygon - Dragon claw, fly, earthquake, fire punch
    Volcarona - Quiver dance, flamethrower, bug buzz , psychic
    Last edited by Applepikachu; 14th July 2012 at 3:08 AM.

My Black 2 English Version Team. All IV bred and will be EV trained. Not for competitive use, I just like them to be their best

Alakazam (I started to raise one back in Red but could never trade-evolve the Kadabara stage - but these days I have 2 DSs. Mwahaha.) Modest: Psychic, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball and (probably) Charge Beam.

Drought Ninetales (one of my favourite Pokemon ever, and the last time I raised one was 3rd gen. 5th gen offers her a MUCH better movepool as well as that beastly Hidden Ability!). Modest: Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Dark Pulse and...suggestions? Extransensory?

Lopunny (it's mostly a girly, elegant team so how could I not?) Adamant: Return, Jump Kick, Ice Punch and Fire (or maybe Thunder) Punch.

Golduck (because it's just about the only Kanto water type I never raised, and with Cloud Nine he's resisant to Ninetale's Drought) Timid: Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam and Focus Blast.

Leavanny (never fitted one in my team on Black, now's her chance! Chlorophyll will work wonders paired with Drought) Adamant: Leaf Blade, X Scissor, Swords Dance and...er...suggestions?

Golurk (Finally, breaking the pattern of fast, elegant pokes, we have a big lumbering slow ghost type, and also my Team Flyer!) Adamant: Shadow Punch, Fly, Earthquake, Hammer Arm.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Advice on my team please:

Samurott: Surf, Hydro Pump/Cannon, Ice Beam/Blizzard, *Other move*

Lucario: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Flash Cannon, *Other Move*

Electivire: Thunder, Fire Punch (maybe), *other two moves*

Altaria: Fire Blast, Blizzard, Dragon Pulse, Fly

Delcatty: Assist, Zen Headbutt, Blizzard, *Other move*

Crustle: Rock Wrecker, X-Scissor, *Other two moves*

As you can see I really need move help, so it'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'll be using Crobat before Altaria, advice on moves for that would be greatly appreciated too.

My White 2 team will be:

Emboar
    Lapras (no, im not going to wait, i will trade one from my pokemon White)
    Electivire
    Flygon (to fly LOL)
    Braviary
    Zoroark (im not sure on using him again, but i will try)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post

Samurott: Surf, Hydro Pump/Cannon, Ice Beam/Blizzard, *Other move*

Lucario: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Flash Cannon, *Other Move*

Electivire: Thunder, Fire Punch (maybe), *other two moves*

Altaria: Fire Blast, Blizzard, Dragon Pulse, Fly

Delcatty: Assist, Zen Headbutt, Blizzard, *Other move*

Crustle: Rock Wrecker, X-Scissor, *Other two moves*

As you can see I really need move help, so it'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'll be using Crobat before Altaria, advice on moves for that would be greatly appreciated too.
    Don't use Hydro Cannon and Rock Wrecker, use Hydro Pump and Rock Slide/Stone Edge

For Crustle, Shell Smash and Stealth Rock worked well with my Crustle in W1, so this can probably help.

Ice Punch and Wild Charge work good with Electivire, Samorott-Aqua Jet and X-Scissor works well if wanting to go mix

Delcatty can use Thunder Wave which can help if wanting to catch Legendaries. Last Lucario loves Ice Punch so give that a try

Don't use Hydro Cannon and Rock Wrecker, use Hydro Pump and Rock Slide/Stone Edge

For Crustle, Shell Smash and Stealth Rock worked well with my Crustle in W1, so this can probably help.

Ice Punch and Wild Charge work good with Electivire

Delcatty can use Thunder Wave which can help if wanting to catch Legendaries. Last Lucario loves Ice Punch so give that a try.
    Thanks, I will probably end up using Hydro Cannon (to beat my cousin who loves to spam OHKO moves, so it kills him) and Rock Wrecker but I probably will end up using Rock Slide/Stone Edge as well as Stealth Rock for Crustle.

How about Megahorn for Samurott? Any good or should I pick a different move?

Electivire I may use Ice Punch and Wild Charge, Wild Charge raises Speed doesn't it, so with Motor Drive Electivire plus Wild Charge and maxed out Speed, it'll be BEAST.

Delcatty I'm not sude with Thunder Wave, I don't ever really use Status moves and will probably end up changing it. Any other moves?

Lucario I may give Ice Punch, nice change of pace and helps against Fire-types...now if only I could get an Ice-move on Crustle.

Thanks, I will probably end up using Hydro Cannon (to beat my cousin who loves to spam OHKO moves, so it kills him) and Rock Wrecker but I probably will end up using Rock Slide/Stone Edge as well as Stealth Rock for Crustle.

How about Megahorn for Samurott? Any good or should I pick a different move?

Electivire I may use Ice Punch and Wild Charge, Wild Charge raises Speed doesn't it, so with Motor Drive Electivire plus Wild Charge and maxed out Speed, it'll be BEAST.

Delcatty I'm not sude with Thunder Wave, I don't ever really use Status moves and will probably end up changing it. Any other moves?

Lucario I may give Ice Punch, nice change of pace and helps against Fire-types...now if only I could get an Ice-move on Crustle.
    Megahorn works as well if your not worried about the accuracy. Wild Charge doesn't raise speed but Electivire switching into Electric Moves activates Motor Drive. Any other move not Hyper Beam or Giga Impact works, just don't have the Normalize ability.

Megahorn works as well if your not worried about the accuracy. Wild Charge doesn't raise speed but Electivire switching into Electric Moves activates Motor Drive. Any other move not Hyper Beam or Giga Impact works, just don't have the Normalize ability.
    It won't have Normalize and sorry I guess I was thinking of Flame Charge.

Hmm, So my team would probably be:

Zangoose,

Seviper,

Scolipede/Pinsir,

Glaceon,

Leafeon,

Samurott.

I know, the first two (and perhaps third) are quite basic, but I really want the eeveelutions (I've used all the others) and I feel forced to use Samurott, as I'll only use one grass type and I can't stand Emboar.
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

Onto Route 23 and my team thus far:-

Flygon Lvl 54- Dig/Crunch/Strength/Dragon Tail (We are all set after getting Hone Claws and learning Dragon Claw)

Starmie Lvl 54- Surf/Scald/Psychic/Ice Beam

Braviary Lvl 54- Fly/Hone Claws/Crush Claw (should probably replace with Return...)/Superpower

Mamoswine Lvl 54- Earthquake/Ice Fang/Blizzard/Thrash (Replaced my long term team member Scolipede for this. Its just too awesome)

Mienshao Lvl 54- Drain Punch/U Turn/Bounce/Jump Kick (Dumped my Lvl 50 Emboar for this, and i'm glad i did because the low speed was getting annoying)

Ampharos Lvl 54- Discharge/Thunder Wave/Signal Beam/Power Gem ( My oldest team member and pretty dependable with a +def nature)

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldaver View Post
    Hmm, So my team would probably be:

Zangoose,

Seviper,

Scolipede/Pinsir,

Glaceon,

Leafeon,

Samurott.

I know, the first two (and perhaps third) are quite basic, but I really want the eeveelutions (I've used all the others) and I feel forced to use Samurott, as I'll only use one grass type and I can't stand Emboar.
    You're gonna have to trade for those Eeveelutions. I hear the Moss and Ice Rocks aren't available till post-game.

Plus, Iron Tail on Samurott would be fun! ^-^
    Fun? More like useless
    Iron Tail covers.....Rock and Ice? Rock is covered by STAB Water, Ice is covered by the more powerful and accurate Return, or even STAB Water if the Ice opponent is not part Water.

Electivire (F):
    Magnet Rise is useless, Electivire can't learn Ice Beam (I think you meant Ice Punch), and it doesn't need Signal Beam, Brick Break or Fire Punch would've been better.

Camerupt (F):
    Poison move is bad unless it has STAB, or if the Poison move is Toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Applepikachu View Post
    Can someone help me with my team? (mostly for the natures)
    Serperior - Coil , dragon tail , leaf blade , aqua tail adamant
    Lucario - Aura sphere, dark pulse, calm mind/heal pulse, flash cannon modest/timid
    Vaporeon - Shadow ball , protect , surf , ice beam modest/timid/calm
    Electivire - Wild charge , brick break , ice punch , earthquake adamant/jolly
    Flygon - Dragon claw, fly, earthquake, fire punch adamant/jolly
    Volcarona - Quiver dance, flamethrower, bug buzz , psychic modest/timid
    Natures in bold. Your team is full of sweepers

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post

Leavanny (never fitted one in my team on Black, now's her chance! Chlorophyll will work wonders paired with Drought) Adamant: Leaf Blade, X Scissor, Swords Dance and...er...suggestions?
    Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, or Return for the last move. Return is the best choice in terms of power, but you might want Shadow Claw/Aerial Ace for coverage.

Samurott: Mild/Rash Nature, Surf, Grass Knot, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Return

Lucario: Modest/Timid Nature, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, Dragon Pulse

Electivire: Lonely/Naughty Nature, Thunder, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake

Altaria: Modest/Timid/Calm/Bold Nature, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Dragon Pulse, Fly

Delcatty: Adamant Nature, Assist, Zen Headbutt, Return, Faint Attack

Crustle: Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Shell Smash, Stealth Rock/Shadow Claw

Hyperbeam-style moves are NEVER good.
    They have high power, and that's it. Accuracy isn't that good, PP isn't that good unless maxed, and the worst thing of all, you become a sitting duck for a turn.

Crobat
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    ~Cross Poison
    ~Brave Bird/Aerial Ace/Acrobatics
    ~Steel Wing
    ~U-Turn/Return

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Giga Impact is good on a Slaking ingame js.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Giga Impact is good on a Slaking ingame js.
    well Slaking is different, it already becomes a sitting duck every two turns because of its own ability, regardless of what move it used

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast