Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I wasn't really paying attention to the B&W2 updates but what happened to Bianca in this game? I know the reason why they got rid of Cheren is because he is now a gym leader. Bianca was really fun to battle, there wasn't pressure at all whenever she did want to battle cause she had the starter pokemon that was weak against the one you chose. Even if shes not a rival is she a trainer you can fight daily or on certain days? The feature where you can fight all the old gym leaders again makes up for the changes they did with the Unova characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Swanna
    Modest/Timid/Mild/Rash Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Air Slash/Hurricane
    ~Return/Toxic/Hidden Power [anything not Water/Ice/Flying/Steel/Poison]
    Thanks. I think I will use Fly instead of Return/Toxic/HP, since I need a Pokémon with Fly for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    A great set for Mienshao is

Fake Out
    Drain Punch
    U-turn
    Stone Edge

Adamant or Jolly are preferred with Regenerator.^^
    Thanks, Duranteater. Exactly the moveset I was planning to use ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Thanks. I think I will use Fly instead of Return/Toxic/HP, since I need a Pokémon with Fly for obvious reasons.

Thanks, Duranteater. Exactly the moveset I was planning to use ^^
    You are quite welcome

anyone know a good 4th move for my Crobat, it has Cross Poison, Fly, and Giga Drain(mine has a Hasty Nature)?

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Mind you, the only thing in the Unova Dex that resists both its STABs is Zekrom.
    And Zekrom also happens to be the one that can fry it down, with Water/Flying taking 4x damage from Electric moves

But to be honest, I didn't notice the resistance thing. I was focusing on the moves' coverage.

anyone know a good 4th move for my Crobat, it has Cross Poison, Fly, and Giga Drain(mine has a Hasty Nature)?
    Heat Wave, to counter Steels.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

Heat Wave, to counter Steels.
    Thanks so much Shine, just need to figure out how many Shards I need.

Do you think I should teach my Scrafty Bulk Up?I am planning on teaching Braviary that move but would it be bad to have two pkmn with the same move?I feel weird about that.Scrafty currently has Iron Defense,though...it doesn't serve a purpose.I don't have punches to teach it cuz the other teammates already cover what the elemental punches cover.

What'll be a good move for it?Will Dragon Tail be ok?Maybe Dragon Claw or Dual Chop?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Do you think I should teach my Scrafty Bulk Up?I am planning on teaching Braviary that move but would it be bad to have two pkmn with the same move?I feel weird about that.Scrafty currently has Iron Defense,though...it doesn't serve a purpose.I don't have punches to teach it cuz the other teammates already cover what the elemental punches cover.
    Bulk Up is amazingly useful on Scrafty. It boosts Scrafty's important stats; Defense and Attack, making it a fierce attacker that lasts long.

This belongs in the Fanfiction area dude......

I'm trying to work out what I should use in the last slot on my Pokemon Black 2 team. I only want to use Generation V Pokemon - I had fun doing that in White, and I want to keep it up. I also only want to use Pokemon I can acquire in game. I don't want to use any of the Pokemon I had on my team in the previous game. (So no Emboar, Sawsbuck, Galvantula, Sigilyph, Bouffalant or Volcarona.)

So far, I'm planning to have:

Serperior

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moveset: Coil, Substitute, Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail.

Kind of a wacky set up for Serperior, but I think it could work in-game. Given that it doesn't get Contrary to go with Leaf Storm in game, I'm not convinced that a special set is better.

Scolipede

Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Swarm
    Moveset: Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Agility, Megahorn.

Sure, there are other Baton Passers available, but Scolipede is really fast. And also a giant centipede.

Carracosta

Ability: Solid Rock
    Moveset: Shell Smash, Waterfall, Rock Slide, Crunch/Superpower.

Pretty straightforward. The choice of Crunch v. Superpower comes down to what other Pokemon I put on the team. (I generally prefer Rock Slide to Stone Edge because I don't like inaccurate attacks.)

Haxorus

Ability: Mold Breaker
    Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake ...

.... aaaaaand, I don't know what the fourth move should be here. Outrage, maybe? Aqua Tail might be good if I didn't already have a more than adequate number of Water moves on the team. Maybe Superpower?

Chandelure

Nature: Modest
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moveset: Pain Split, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball.

I cannot think of anything to say about this set.

I don't know what I should put in the sixth slot. I'm currently tossing up between Stoutland, Zoroark and Musharna.

The team is heavy on physical attackers already, but Stoutland is easy to get early and a solid Pokemon. I already have a Modest Zoroark I hatched, but I'm not sure it would provide much coverage to this team. Musharna would be super effective against Fighting, but is slow like a thing that is really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post
    Haxorus

Ability: Mold Breaker
    Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake ...

.... aaaaaand, I don't know what the fourth move should be here. Outrage, maybe? Aqua Tail might be good if I didn't already have a more than adequate number of Water moves on the team. Maybe Superpower?
    nah, Rock Slide for the last move. Rock + Ground coverage. Having both Superpower and Earthquake is redundant since Fight & Ground shares similar coverage.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpedo_14 View Post
    I would go with Calm Mind since it also raises your sp attack. Plus Stockpile can only be used 3 times. However, if you want your Drifblim to be more of a wall then an attacker I would go with stockpile. If you pick Calm Mind I would go with Baton Pass to allow you to Baton Pass that increased Sp Attack to a sweeper. If your going for defensive I would choose Will-O-Wisp since it also decreases attack.
    Another option that I think you should consider is a moveset with Fly Shadow Ball Substitute and Baton Pass. Drifblim Has a really high hp stat which can allow it to pass pretty big Substitutes.
    Hmm, I think I'll go with Calm Mind + Baton Pass, not a big fan of Substitute in the main game. Thanks!
    Black 2 (playing):
        Spoiler:- Other Teams:

Hello all. I am an extreme n00b at playing wifi battles and such, so naturally I don't know if a team is good or not yet. I am getting a feel for OU and I really like the tier, so I'd like for you guys to either A) make fun of me for putting together a lousy team or B) tell me ways I can better my team. Pretty please?

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect
    - Substitute

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hydro Pump

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Jellicent @ Choice Specs (Yes, choice specs. I am aware of this. I needed a ghost type and I didn't want to run gengar, who is far too flimsy for my needs.)
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Ice Beam
    PM me if you want a non-EV trained level 16 shiny mudkip

Would anyone recomend Beheeyem?
    MY Pokemon Black/White 2 Team:

:

Also Rotational:

Quote Originally Posted by GigaGalvantula View Post
    Would anyone recomend Beheeyem?
    Yes, if you want to use an inferior Reuniclus, though both still hit strong.

Should I replace Rock Slide with Superpower on Braviary even though I have Scrafty?what do you guys think?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Should I replace Rock Slide with Superpower on Braviary even though I have Scrafty?what do you guys think?
    If using Sheer Force yes but Bulk Up on Braviary means you wouldn't need to worry about the drops after one use. Both on Braviary looks very good IMO.

If using Sheer Force yes but Bulk Up on Braviary means you wouldn't need to worry about the drops after one use. Both on Braviary looks very good IMO.
    It doesn't have Sheer Force...it has Defiant.So,wich one is the better choice/?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

It doesn't have Sheer Force...it has Defiant.So,wich one is the better choice/?
    Superpower I guess in case Scrafty is defeated, take your pick

I'm speaking on behalf of my friend, this is his current ingame team idea for Black 2, he is very unsure of what to do for a sixth pokemon and he would really appriciate any thoughts

EDIT:

Lucario
    Golduck
    Ampharos
    Arcanine
    Espeon

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    I'm speaking on behalf of my friend, this is his current ingame team idea for Black 2, he is very unsure of what to do for a sixth pokemon and he would really appriciate any thoughts

EDIT:

Lucario
    Golduck
    Ampharos
    Arcanine
    Espeon

Skarmory looks like a good fit, has only 2 weaknesses.

Thanks Durant man!

So I think I have finally decided on the pokemon I'm going to use on white 2 when I get it. I'm going to use these:

snivy
    riolu
    eevee will evolve into vaporeon
    growlith
    woobat
    zorua
    Obviously I will evolve all of them. What do you think?
    Last edited by Nibbles4Ever; 17th July 2012 at 8:13 PM.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    So I think I have finally decided on the pokemon I'm going to use on white 2 when I get it. I'm going to use these:

snivy
    riolu
    eevee will evolve into vaporeon
    growlith
    woobat
    zorua
    \Obviously I will evolve all of them. What o you think?
    swoobat sucks. im serious, i used him in white, and it couldnt kill anything in one hit and died all the time. if you need a flyer, i would suggest flygon, he seems to fit this team well. if you want to use psychic.flying, then use sygyliph, hes a lot more useful.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Quote Originally Posted by andresballer03 View Post
    swoobat sucks. im serious, i used him in white, and it couldnt kill anything in one hit and died all the time. if you need a flyer, i would suggest flygon, he seems to fit this team well. if you want to use psychic.flying, then use sygyliph, hes a lot more useful.
    I used swoobat and it was good with calm mind though. I don't really like flygon because it pretty much sucks until it evolves. I also used sigyliph already.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Don't forget that Woobat has Simple, making Swoobat hit harder, even with Heat Wave, just don't try to die

Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast