Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Alright, thanks for your input! I'm normally terrible at picking teams, so to hear that is refreshing.
    Also, would getting the Eevee with Anticipation be a good idea? I can't remember if it passes down its Hidden Ability or not...
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Quote Originally Posted by MrMimeEpik View Post
    Alright, thanks for your input! I'm normally terrible at picking teams, so to hear that is refreshing.
    Also, would getting the Eevee with Anticipation be a good idea? I can't remember if it passes down its Hidden Ability or not...
    Normally, you would be unable to get these abilities through usual breeding. However, if the female Pokémon has the Dream World ability, there is a high chance that the ability of the offspring will be the ability it has listed for Dream World abilities. However, if the male Pokémon has the Dream World ability and the female doesn't, and if you breed the female with a Ditto, the Pokémon will definitely not get the Dream World ability.
    http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/breed.shtml

I'll assume mechanics are the same from BW1

Actually they arent. Everstone passes on 100 percent natures now

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Actually they arent. Everstone passes on 100 percent natures now
    I meant Dream World breeding

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    I would suggest electross or magnezone since they are pretty good, flareon, however is not >.>
    Eh thanks for the advice I guess. I'm not worried about which Pokemon are 'good' or not considering I functioned fine with, for example, Vanilluxe and Swoobat in White, and Feraligatr / Furret / Noctowl / Aipom / Jumpluff / Wobbuffet in HG haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendrone View Post
    Serperior will have trouble with many gyms. Azumarill is a good partner, especially since you get it early and it evolves very fast. Flygon is an excellent choice, but beware; it doesn't learn Earthquake until the post-game, and NEVER remove Crunch (it can't relearn it). Sadly, Muk is not great at all: almost no Poison moves take advantage of its Attack, so Weezing is a better choice. Beheeyem is inferior to Reuniclus.

For fast Sp. Attackers, consider replacing Beheeyem with Espeon; it is stronger, faster, and if you can find Eevee in a Hidden Hollow, a complete monster with Magic Bounce. Jolteon is really fast, has high Sp. Attack, and can wall most of Elesa's gym.
    Thanks for the advice. It's a tough decision between Muk and Weezing for me because they're both Pokemon that I adore to bits and I've always wanted to use them in a team but never did, most recently in HG where I caught them both but they were caught at such low levels that I figured it would just be a pain training them up. :s

I'm probably not going to have room for Crunch on Flygon seeing as I'd probably run Fly / Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Fire Punch, but yeah.

I'll keep Reuinclus in mind, as I will Espeon. I chose Beheeyem because I really adore its design, but yeah its speed leaves a lot to be desired.

And thanks for the suggestion of Jolteon. I hadn't considered that before. (: Anymore suggestions?

e: My team can be found here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7#post14845237
    Last edited by Zhanton; 19th July 2012 at 4:32 AM.

I have modified my team; here it is:

Emboar: Adamant or Jolly?
    - FirePunch
    - Brick Break
    - ThunderPunch
    - Scald? (Replace w/Earthquake)

Lucario: Inner Focus - Neutral?
    - Aura Sphere
    - Ice Punch
    - Dark Pulse / ExtremeSpeed / Close Combat / Drain Punch (choose 2)

Espeon: Magic Bounce - Modest
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball / Signal Beam / Calm Mind / Reflect / Psyshock (choose 3)

Braviary: Defiant - Adamant
    - Fly
    - Return / U-Turn / Rock Slide / Shadow Claw / Bulk Up (choose 3)

Flygon: Adamant
    - Earth Power / Dig (replace w/Earthquake)
    - Dragon Claw
    - FirePunch / ThunderPunch / Rock Slide / Crunch (choose 2)

Lapras: Water Absorb - Timid
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Please give your suggestions for Emboar and Lucario's Nature and the movesets! Thank you!
    I present to you: The invisible signature! ......Is it working?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMimeEpik View Post
    it can if it is female, and you don't breed it with a Ditto.

Emboar: Adamant
    - FirePunch
    - Brick Break
    - ThunderPunch
    - Rock Slide

Don't give it Earthquake, as Ground & Fight shares similar coverage, with Fight getting STAB.

Lucario: Inner Focus - Hasty/Naive
    - Aura Sphere
    - Ice Punch
    - Dark Pulse
    - ExtremeSpeed

Another option would be Dragon Pulse over Extremespeed, and Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse.

- Psychic or Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Signal Beam
    - Calm Mind

Grass Knot can also be used instead of Signal Beam.

- Fly
    - Return
    - Rock Slide
    - Shadow Claw

That's a good enough set, I think.

- Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - FirePunch
    - ThunderPunch / Rock Slide / Crunch

The last move doesn't matter, you can just randomly pick any of those three, since Fire + Dragon + Ground already covers everything for at least neutral damage.

- Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Good set
    comments in bold

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

While I decided my main team for Black 2 ( ) I also want to have four extra reserves I'm trying to decide on. So far these are what I was considering:

Comments would be greatly appreciated
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Are you planning on leaving Dewott, Sandshrew, Spoink and Growlithe unevolved?

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    Are you planning on leaving Dewott, Sandshrew, Spoink and Growlithe unevolved?
    Yes. That's what I was planning on doing
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I'm still stressed out with assembling my Team.

All I know I want to use no matter what are:

Samurott
    Arcanine

For Electric Types it's between Eelektross, Electivire or Magnezone
    For Ground Types it's between Krookodile and Excadrill
    For Psychic Types it's between Sigilyph, Gothitelle, Grumpig or I could try a Metagross?

and their really aren't many good Flying types as I used Braviary already, Maybe Skarmory I don't know?

I find a lot of these same Pokemon have the same weaknesses and can be easily exploited. and I don't want to use just one non-Unova Pokemon or should I ditch Arcanine since I used him back in Fire Red and never since? and go with Darminatin.

and I noticed I have more Physical attackers than special.......ARGH! Team Planning Hurts....so much,
    MY Pokemon Black/White 2 Team:

:

Also Rotational:

Currently I have plans for a team consisting of:

Sunflora
    Azumarill
    Muk
    Pinsir
    Probopass
    Flygon

Given that there are currently 18 Unova families I've yet to use in Black and White and most of those are late game. I'll probably end up using things like Volcarona and Zorua in my Black playthrough. Still, why did they make Stunfisk postgame?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post

Sunflora
    Azumarill
    Muk
    Pinsir
    Probopass
    Flygon

Given that there are currently 18 Unova families I've yet to use in Black and White and most of those are late game. I'll probably end up using things like Volcarona and Zorua in my Black playthrough. Still, why did they make Stunfisk postgame?
    Great to see a Sunflora user^^

Yeah, it's one of the few I've never used before, so I figured I might as well since you can get Sunkern on the second route.

Emboar: Adamant or Jolly?
    - FirePunch
    - Brick Break
    - ThunderPunch
    - Scald? (Replace w/Earthquake)

Lucario: Inner Focus - Neutral?
    - Aura Sphere
    - Ice Punch
    - Dark Pulse / ExtremeSpeed / Close Combat / Drain Punch (choose 2)

- Psychic
    - Shadow Ball / Signal Beam / Calm Mind / Reflect / Psyshock (choose 3)

- Fly
    - Return / U-Turn / Rock Slide / Shadow Claw / Bulk Up (choose 3)

- Earth Power / Dig (replace w/Earthquake)
    - Dragon Claw
    - FirePunch / ThunderPunch / Rock Slide / Crunch (choose 2)

- Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Please give your suggestions for Emboar and Lucario's Nature and the movesets! Thank you!
    For FLygon, i would keep crunch since you need a dark type move for the elite 4.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaGalvantula View Post
    I'm still stressed out with assembling my Team.

All I know I want to use no matter what are:

Samurott
    Arcanine

For Electric Types it's between Eelektross, Electivire or Magnezone
    For Ground Types it's between Krookodile and Excadrill
    For Psychic Types it's between Sigilyph, Gothitelle, Grumpig or I could try a Metagross?

and their really aren't many good Flying types as I used Braviary already, Maybe Skarmory I don't know?

I find a lot of these same Pokemon have the same weaknesses and can be easily exploited. and I don't want to use just one non-Unova Pokemon or should I ditch Arcanine since I used him back in Fire Red and never since? and go with Darminatin.

and I noticed I have more Physical attackers than special.......ARGH! Team Planning Hurts....so much,
    Eelektross can go mixed. Krookodile has more diversity, but Excadrill hits harder and faster. Consider Espeon for its amazing Speed and strength, because having Skarmory and Sigilyph gives you a huge weakness to Electric. Skarmory is a nice choice since you don't want Braviary. Darmanitan and Arcanine are interchangable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post

Sunflora
    Azumarill
    Muk
    Pinsir
    Probopass
    Flygon
    Sunflora is not that great, unfortunately. Azumarill isn't the best Water-type out there, but a solid choice nonetheless. Muk is completely outclassed by Weezing. Pinsir is just like Heracross, only with slight more diversity and no Fighting STAB. Probopass is unique and a solid wall. Flygon is simply amazing and a unique Dragon.

My White 2 future team will be:

Emboar- Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Superpower
    Earthquake
    I Like the design (especially shiny) and think it has the potential to be a real powerhouse.

Espeon- Psychic
    Signal Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind/Morning Sun
    It is really fast and has huge special attack. It also has a cool new ability.

Garchomp- Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    ????
    I'll trade an egg from white. I originally chose Flygon but I have used him a lot so I went for a change. I need some help with the moveset though.

Azumarill- Ice Punch
    Superpower
    Waterfall
    Aqua Jet
    I first thought this was rubbish then saw it had huge power as an ability and thought I had to have one.

Cincinno- Tail Slap
    Rock Blast
    Bullet Seed
    Sing
    With an average attack and a good ability, I thought I would have some fun with it. Give it wide lens to boost accuracy of all moves.

Galvantula- Energy Ball
    Bug Buzz
    Thunder
    HP Ice/Volt Switch/Electro Ball
    With ability Compoundeyes it can use Thunder easily and is very fast.

Help Is Appreciated
    Pearl Team-
    White Team-
    White 2 Team-
    White 2 Friend Code:2280 5286 2960

Eelektross can go mixed. Krookodile has more diversity, but Excadrill hits harder and faster. Consider Espeon for its amazing Speed and strength, because having Skarmory and Sigilyph gives you a huge weakness to Electric. Skarmory is a nice choice since you don't want Braviary. Darmanitan and Arcanine are interchangable.
    But I've already have used Espeon back in Soul Silver. I think I might need need to use Sigilyph.....I want to use more non-Unova pokemon and I kind of want more faster Pokemon and I need another good special attacker.
    Last edited by GigaGalvantula; 19th July 2012 at 8:39 PM.
    MY Pokemon Black/White 2 Team:

:

Also Rotational:

This is actually pretty tough for me to consider right now. I know there are a few pokemon I really just need to have on my team this time around, but then there are others who I am not 100% on.

Arcanine(P) : I love Arcanine. It's always been my favorite fire type, only second to Typhlosion during G/S/C. Given that it now gets Outrage I'm even more excited about him! Power and style, the perfect Fire type as far as I'm concerned.

Espeon(S) : Magic Bounce is an awesome ability and getting a free Eevee early on with it's DW Ability is just the best. Espon is fast and hits hard. With a Physical power-house like Arcanine it's pretty legit to have it team alongside Espeon.

Lucario(P-S) : I'm not sure if I want a Physical or Special Lucario, but I know I want a Lucario. I had it on every team in 4th Gen, but never used one during the 5th Gen. Time to correct that mistake!

Sceptile(S) : Probably my favorite starter period. Serperior I wished so much to like, but it's offensive stats are so weak in comparison to the mighty Sceptile! Fast and powerful~~!

These I know I want, but the next two are tricky!

Flygon vs. Sandlash (5th Spot) : Sandlash was a pokemon I loved in 1st and 2nd Gen, but Flygon became a favorite in the 3rd Gen. I don't need two ground types and they both have a unique role to play. I hate to put it like this, but color scheme may be what forces my hand. I may choose Sandslash purely because I don't want 2 Green pokes on my team >.< Terribad me! That said, Sandslash would be the only defensive pokemon I'm interested in as well.

Dragonite vs. Samurott (6th Spot) : Ok, here is the thing...I love using the starter pokes till the end, but even so I think I could forgive this for a MixNite. The other thing is I like having a pokemon who can use Surf through the game and that screams Samurott more than Dragonite. I need someone to give me an honest opinion on this last slot.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Other Pokes: (Here are some other pokemon who are easily obtained that I'd like to rotate through the team from time to time).

Heracross : The Best Buggy Poke Ever! If Lucario were Physical then I'd swap him up with Heracross from time to time.

Galvantula : 90%+ Accurate Thunders!!? Oh yes, I love this pokemon!

Salamence&Haxorus : I think having a pure powerhouse in the back-up is a great idea. I might not do this if I use DD-Nite though!!

Zoroark : I'm actually thinking I'll main-team this one. Quick and powerful is something I like.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Example Teams:
    (P= Physical, S=Special, M=Mixed)

Arcanine(P) - Espeon(S) - Lucario(P) - Sceptile(S) - Sandslash(P) - Dragonite (M)
    ~
    Arcanine(P) - Espeon(S) - Zoroark(S) - Sceptile(S) - Sandslash(P) - Dragonite (M)
    ~
    Arcanine(P) - Espeon(S) - Heracross(P) - Zoroark(S) - Flygon(P) - Samurott(S)
    ~

To be clear on the sets:

Arcanine would be a Life-Orb
    Espeon would be a CM or CM+BP Set
    Lucario P would be as SD-Luke and S would be a Nasty Plot set.
    Zoroark would be Nasty Plot or Specs
    Sceptile would be Specs set
    Sandslash would be SDer
    Flygon would be CBer

Quote Originally Posted by Kyurem1515 View Post
    My White 2 future team will be:

Emboar- Flare Blitz or FirePunch
    Wild Charge or ThunderPunch
    Brick Break or Hammer Arm
    Rock Slide

Espeon- Psychic or Psyshock
    Signal Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind/Morning Sun

Garchomp- Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

Azumarill- Ice Punch
    Superpower
    Waterfall
    Aqua Jet

Cincinno- Tail Slap
    Rock Blast
    Bullet Seed
    Sing

Galvantula- Energy Ball
    Bug Buzz
    Thunder
    HP Ice/Volt Switch <- Either
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Arcanine(P) : Given that it now gets Outrage... Lv. 43 as Growlithe or post-game Tutor

Espeon(S) : Magic Bounce is an awesome ability and getting a free Eevee early on with it's DW Ability is just the best. Earliest Hidden Hollow accessed by trading a Pokemon with Surf and finding it at Sangi Ranch.

Lucario(P-S) : I'm not sure if I want a Physical or Special Lucario... Go mixed

Sceptile(S) : Physical can work too

Flygon vs. Sandlash (5th Spot) : Sandslash if you pick Dragonite. It learns Earthquake before the post-game, unlike Flygon

Dragonite vs. Samurott (6th Spot) : Dragonite is better, imo. It can learn Surf, and ANY HM!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Heracross : The Best Buggy Poke Ever! If Lucario were Physical then I'd swap him up with Heracross from time to time. Good choice

Galvantula : 90%+ Accurate Thunders!!? Even more accurate with Wide Lens

Zoroark : I'm actually thinking I'll main-team this one. Quick and powerful is something I like. Mind that it's frail
    Comments in bold.

EDIT: Garchomp can't learn Dragon Dance. Derp. :P
    Last edited by Nintendrone; 20th July 2012 at 4:30 AM.

Garchomp cannot learn Dragon Dance, Swords Dance is better.

Thanks Nintend!

I was actually having the same thoughts, but I have to say that what I may do is look into a Physical Serperior(Coil, Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail, Outrage) over Special Sceptile. I'm not entirely sure how we xfer pokemon between games for starters(though I know I can always have someone help me out with trading) and I like using Starter pokes. Plus I really want to give Serperior a fair shot and possibly use it in rotation later on in the game as well.

If I do that then I'll use Sandslash and Dragonite, I'll want a useful moveset with Surf involved, but that can be left up to choice later. What I also might do is get Lapras later on for the spot over Dragonite(or at least rotate between them-Lapras is weaker, but it's a fun special attacker with Bolt-Beam/Surf & Filler).

All that said I'd like to use Keldeo as well, but it depends on when it comes out and all.
    Last edited by Ashrynn; 20th July 2012 at 4:30 AM.

Ok this is my "planned" BW2 team, i have played and used all 3 starters and my favs have been oshawott n snivy but i would like to get the starter and leave it at the pokemon centre and mayb use a mix of all the gen pokemon. I know there are 8 pokemon on my list but i wanna try n either have a team i can swap in and out or like have my main team and have 2 subs.
    My main team would be:
    Sewaddle-Leavanny
    Mareep-Ampharos
    Growlithe-Arcanine
    Riolu-Lucario
    Trapinch-Flygon
    Tympole-Seismitoad

My subs:
    Magby-Magmortar
    Elekid-Electivire

What do u all think i would like thoughts n ideas about my team or mayb what could be better etc thanku all

So when I go in an area beat a trainer leave then come back the trainer wants to battle.... again. Is this a glitch or am I crazy?
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Quote Originally Posted by VIA View Post
    So when I go in an area beat a trainer leave then come back the trainer wants to battle.... again. Is this a glitch or am I crazy?
    If they're a Breeder? That's supposed to happen.

Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast