Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
    Indeed. If they were mainstream, they would be OU... And they are UU right now.
    Actually I meant Arcanine is pretty main-stream for people's in-game teams(off what's been posted), but I don't think I've seen a team(or generally anyone) using a Heatmor and outside of myself pushing for people to use Flareon I don't see it posted all that often.

Also in support of Heatmor:

Heatmor @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
    Nature: Naive
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Giga Drain
    Superpower
    Night Slash/Thunder Punch/Hone Claws

~~~~~

Now then...I was hoping for some opinions on my Black 2 Challenge team:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post

CM/Coil Serperior, SD-Gatr, DD-Charizard, Scarf-Raikou, Specs Glaceon, CM~DW Swoobat
    Also on my White 2 Team I was considering Slowking > Suicune. Opinions...?
    Last edited by Ashrynn; 11th August 2012 at 7:48 PM.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

3DS Friend Code: 3711-8931-6762

Zarorak
    Chandelure
    Mrshtomp
    Hydergeon
    Mienshao
    TOxirock
    Snorlax

Quote Originally Posted by [PR]Tate View Post
    Zarorak
    Chandelure
    Mrshtomp
    Hydergeon
    Mienshao
    TOxirock
    Snorlax
    You're supposed to say why you're using these pokemon, not just list six and move on.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

Yes! Get a slowking, its so fun to use and it's just underrated. What's the moveset? I'll try to help

Quote Originally Posted by Reddyll View Post
    Yes! Get a slowking, its so fun to use and it's just underrated. What's the moveset? I'll try to help
    Er... It's just that my White 1 Team has Entei and Black 2 is supposed to have Raikou...Feels wrong to break it up. Though I was also hoping to wait for a release of DW Snivy for Contrary Serperior later on.

Slowking @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    ~ Surf
    ~ Fire Blast-Flamethrower / Ice Beam
    ~ Psyshock
    ~ Grass Knot / T-Wave

Life Orb+T-Wave. It's DW Ability means I can use it for hit&run with Specs or put a Life Orb on it and T-Wave to cripple. I'm guessing nobody likes my other team >.>
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

I like it, it's your choice. If you don't want to break the legendary dogs trio, then don't. But you know me, I just don't like using legendaries and I think your team looks better with slowking in it instead of suicune.

Serperior
    Azumarill
    Lucario
    Arcanine
    Magnezone
    ???

Using these guys because they've been valuable to me in other games. Problems:
    Way too mainstream
    Need a surfer and a flyer, Azumarill is not surfing, and I don't want Pelliper. Any other team member suggestions?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Swanna?
        Spoiler:- Current hunt and shinies:

Latest Shinies:

Click here to see the vids!

Spoiler:- Friendcode:

Spoiler:- Currently looking for::

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Serperior
    Azumarill
    Lucario
    Arcanine
    Magnezone
    ???

Way too mainstream
    Need a surfer and a flyer, Azumarill is not surfing, and I don't want Pelliper. Any other team member suggestions?
    Maybe get a Hydriegon? it can learn Surf and is not another Water Type. Problem is though you get Zweilous very late and evolves all the way at level 64

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Serperior
    Azumarill
    Lucario
    Arcanine
    Magnezone
    ???

Way too mainstream
    you can finish the mainstream team off with a flygon (as your flier) and ingame, why not give azumarill both waterfall and surf? its not like its wifi battling anyway
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddyll View Post
    I like it, it's your choice. If you don't want to break the legendary dogs trio, then don't. But you know me, I just don't like using legendaries and I think your team looks better with slowking in it instead of suicune.
    Dude, chill out. It's her team, let her do what SHE wants. Just because you think someone looks better a way you like, doesn't mean it's better. Yes, Slowking is pretty cool and underused a lot, but Suicune is a lot stronger, so chill out.

But for your team I like Machamp, Manectric, Slowking, Venomoth and Serperior (that is if you use the Move Tutors with it), my only problem is Simisear. That thing is so weak. Trust all of us Oshawott-BW1-users that it's only good purpose was to take down Cilan. It's moves are not very varied and there are plenty of better fire types. I would suggest Arcanine but that's way too...overused. Maybe Flareon, easy to get and a favorite by many. However if you want to use a very underused Pokemon, you can try Heatmor on for size. Just my thoughts.

I think someone is getting really aggressive around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
    I think someone is getting really aggressive around here...
    Don't start on me Krainz. I've been having a very bad week, so I'm sorry if I came off too rude Reddyll.

Oh dear, I think it's time for a nice cup of relaxing tea! Any takers? Biscuit?
        Spoiler:- Current hunt and shinies:

Latest Shinies:

Click here to see the vids!

Spoiler:- Friendcode:

Spoiler:- Currently looking for::

This is the team I've used so far for Black 2:
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Emboar
    Lapras
    Flygon
    Ampharos
    --------------------
    Any suggestions? I'm at the Water Gym, haven't entered it yet so now is my chance to ask. :/
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    This is the team I've used so far for Black 2:
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Emboar
    Lapras
    Flygon
    Ampharos
    --------------------
    Any suggestions? I'm at the Water Gym, haven't entered it yet so now is my chance to ask. :/
    Because of Ampharos and Virizion I would have to say you'll be good. My only question is, do any of your Pokemon know Grass Knot? The only reason I ask is because you've got heavy Pokemon like Wailord and Carracosta who are suseptible to Grass type moves and Grass Knot will be very helpful in your battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Crobat_Curse View Post
    Yup haha, I love Delcatty's designs, and in-game anything can work. Ahh that's odd, I was actually contemplating Heatmor! Got to agree on your last point (well, Arcanine anyway.) Most teams seems to use either it or Magmortar - where's the originality?
    Going to look like such a hypocrite, but yeah, decided on Magmar as my final team member, since I need a fire-type and it's the only one available earlyish bar Growlithe. Not to mention all my team members bar Serperior come relatively late. I probably won't be evolving it till the very end though, since he's infinitely cooler than his evolved form.

Adamant Nature
    Coil, Leaf Blade, Return, Aqua Tail

Pretty standard Coil set. Used this in B1 too, but this has the added benefit of extra coverage in the form of Aqua Tail (shame it comes so late though.)

Modest Nature
    Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Was contemplating a physical Delcatty set and making Bronzong special, but her options are pretty terrible outside of Return. So I've opted for a Calm Mind set, despite her lower Special Attack stat. Unfortunately means I have to rely on Uproar for most of the game for special STAB since Hyper Voice comes rather late, but at least it gained a power boost this gen. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are for classic bolt-beam coverage.

Brave Nature
    Gyro Ball, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Hypnosis/Toxic

Originally had Bronzong utilizing a Calm Mind set, but Delcatty needed it more, so I've changed him to physical. Gyro Ball will be his most powerful option most of the time because of his dismal base speed and Brave nature. Zen Headbutt for secondary stab and EQ for coverage. Very few resist these 3 in-game (Skarmory and Claydol line come to mind) so the last slot is mainly filler for support.

Mild Nature
    Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Focus Blast

The only reason I'm using Mild nature is because I'll be relying on Night Slash for STAB until the Dark Pulse tutor or until he learns Night Daze. Flamethrower and Focus Blast round off the set for perfect coverage.

Modest Nature
    Surf, Ice Beam, Air Slash/Hurricane, Fly/Rain Dance

Basically her set depends on whether I require Fly or not. If not, I'll use Rain Dance + Hurricane, but otherwise I'll stick to the more reliable Air Slash for Flying STAB. The rest of the set is pretty bog-standard; Surf for STAB and Ice Beam for the obligatory Ice coverage for waters.

Rash Nature
    Flame Charge, Cross Chop, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt

A mixed set for Magmortar, with Flame Charge to remedy his middling speed. Cross Chop is a breeding move, but I reckon I'll just trade an egg over in that case. Flamethrower over Fire Blast since it's in-game and the former has better accuracy and more PP. Thunderbolt hits water-types hard and rounds off the coverage.

Probably won't be bothering with EV training, since it's only in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Don't start on me Krainz. I've been having a very bad week, so I'm sorry if I came off too rude Reddyll.
    Don't worry about Reddyll, he has told me this on a few occasions and I understand where he comes from. Plus I was the one bringing up the Slowking change. He's really trying to be helpful though and I appreciate his input as I know he appreciates mine.

Going to look like such a hypocrite, but yeah, decided on Magmar as my final team member, since I need a fire-type and it's the only one available earlyish bar Growlithe. Not to mention all my team members bar Serperior come relatively late. I probably won't be evolving it till the very end though, since he's infinitely cooler than his evolved form.

Adamant Nature
    Coil, Leaf Blade, Return, Aqua Tail

Pretty standard Coil set. Used this in B1 too, but this has the added benefit of extra coverage in the form of Aqua Tail (shame it comes so late though.)

Modest Nature
    Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Was contemplating a physical Delcatty set and making Bronzong special, but her options are pretty terrible outside of Return. So I've opted for a Calm Mind set, despite her lower Special Attack stat. Unfortunately means I have to rely on Uproar for most of the game for special STAB since Hyper Voice comes rather late, but at least it gained a power boost this gen. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are for classic bolt-beam coverage.

Brave Nature
    Gyro Ball, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Hypnosis/Toxic

Originally had Bronzong utilizing a Calm Mind set, but Delcatty needed it more, so I've changed him to physical. Gyro Ball will be his most powerful option most of the time because of his dismal base speed and Brave nature. Zen Headbutt for secondary stab and EQ for coverage. Very few resist these 3 in-game (Skarmory and Claydol line come to mind) so the last slot is mainly filler for support.

Mild Nature

The only reason I'm using Mild nature is because I'll be relying on Night Slash for STAB until the Dark Pulse tutor or until he learns Night Daze. Flamethrower and Focus Blast round off the set for perfect coverage.

Modest Nature
    Surf, Ice Beam, Air Slash/Hurricane, Fly/Rain Dance

Basically her set depends on whether I require Fly or not. If not, I'll use Rain Dance + Hurricane, but otherwise I'll stick to the more reliable Air Slash for Flying STAB. The rest of the set is pretty bog-standard; Surf for STAB and Ice Beam for the obligatory Ice coverage for waters.

Rash Nature
    Flame Charge, Cross Chop, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt

A mixed set for Magmortar, with Flame Charge to remedy his middling speed. Cross Chop is a breeding move, but I reckon I'll just trade an egg over in that case. Flamethrower over Fire Blast since it's in-game and the former has better accuracy and more PP. Thunderbolt hits water-types hard and rounds off the coverage.

Probably won't be bothering with EV training, since it's only in-game.
    I like your team personally, CM Delcatty is unique and I hope you find it effective, but there are two things:

You obtain a Hasty Zorua with 30 IVs across the board, it's extremely strong, levels fast and Hasty will be just as useful for your needs.

Though Magmortar's speed is low, in-game you'll still find it outpacing most opponents pokemon(outside of something insane like a Crobat). Instead you should just go with something like Psychic. If it's speed concerns you for WT/WiFi/etc. then a Choice Scarf would just be better here.

Just as an alternative for Swanna you can use Naive: Surf, Ice Beam, Brave Bird/Fly, Roost/Hurricane/Fly. Swanna has equal attacking stats so you can use Brave Bird for your flying move instead of Hurricane. Doesn't require set-up and hits just as hard. I think you should consider this as in-game weather moves like Rain Dance can be a let down sometimes. If you don't mind it though I think the set is fine.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

Mild Nature

Um...The Zorua you get from N has a set Hasty nature. So unless you plan on Trading, Cheating or Waiting to breed Post-game then you can't use a Mild nature. Just thought I'd tell you.

But you have a really balanced team. Not to mention very unique; Not mainstream at all, never thought someone would actually use Delcatty lol Also is will your Bronzong have Heatproof or Levitate?

Don't worry about Reddyll, he has told me this on a few occasions and I understand where he comes from. Plus I was the one bringing up the Slowking change. He's really trying to be helpful though and I appreciate his input as I know he appreciates mine.
    Well, I didn't read that part so sorry. I personally like your team with Suicune. It's unique. Just a question though: Do you already have a moveset planned for your Shiny Butterfree? Congrats on it, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    But you have a really balanced team. Not to mention very unique; Not mainstream at all, never thought someone would actually use Delcatty lol Also is will your Bronzong have Heatproof or Levitate
    I've had a Delcatty on my team for months now, >.<

Well, I didn't read that part so sorry. I personally like your team with Suicune. It's unique. Just a question though: Do you already have a moveset planned for your Shiny Butterfree? Congrats on it, btw.

I do plan to shift the team over to use for competitive battling as well, so I'm taking that into consideration. I thought my idea of using the one of the dogs on each team was cool(W1-Entei, W2-Suicune, B2C-Raikou), but at the same time I think Slowking sort of fits the team and I'd find it fun to train a Slowpoke in game for once.

Butterfree @ Focus Sash / Sleep Power-Quiver Dance-Bug Buzz-Giga Drain
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

I do plan to shift the team over to use for competitive battling as well, so I'm taking that into consideration. I thought my idea of using the one of the dogs on each team was cool(W1-Entei, W2-Suicune, B2C-Raikou), but at the same time I think Slowking sort of fits the team and I'd find it fun to train a Slowpoke in game for once.

Butterfree @ Focus Sash / Sleep Power-Quiver Dance-Bug Buzz-Giga Drain
    Oh well, I do like that you used the Shiny Entei in W1.

And if it has Compoundeyes, you could do the moveset I have for my Shiny Butterfree: PoisonPowder, Venoshock, Bug Buzz, Psybeam. Venoshock movesets can kill, especially since PoisonPowder's accuracy is raised. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, I'm planning on playing Black 2 so I need a team. I want to use some underused Pokes as well as ones I haven't used before. My starter is gonna be Snivy, that's all I know, so have at it.

Sorry lol Did not notice but that's cool. I really like your team btw. I may use Altaria when I restart my Black 2 again.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Sorry lol Did not notice but that's cool. I really like your team btw. I may use Altaria when I restart my Black 2 again.
    Thanks. I really wanted to use some underused Pokes and their movesets really cover a lot. I also have Crobat switching out too.

It's fine , Ashrynn knows I'm a talkative person and she's been helpin me for a long time. So I really appreciate that. I understand And I agree that Suicune is the better of the two, and it's entirely her own choice. I just thought Slowking fits the bill of being a better underdog team member.

Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast