Page 59 of 112 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    If you guys are gonna talk about movesets could you kindly use this thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...Gen-Ingame-RMT

    its more tailored for movesets and abilities etc, this thread is just to discuss TEAM MEMBERS as in which pokes people will use aesthetically
    To be honest, after making the above post I do think this thread sometimes feels like an RMT thread. The IGRMT section is an entire section for that......
    On the other side, suggesting moves also falls into the category of helping to build a team up or discussing about it......


    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    It was discussed many times that if you ant to discuss PWT and Subway teams to go to the RMT thread, but this is still in-game in BW2, so we're good.
    Actually, in-game teams also can be posted in IGRMT section, in fact that's the main purpose of that section, and also the entire reason why it is called In-Game Rate My Team.


    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    For your flying type, I will say Flygon, you can never go wrong with him and Trapinch is found in he Desert So you can get it by the time you reach Castelia (i think).
    Just remember that Flygon is Ground/Dragon


    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    So far:
    Serperior
    Starmie
    Lucario
    Magnezone
    Crobat (still taking flyer suggestions, not sure if I like Crobat)
    If no suggestions for the last spot, I guess Arcanine is back on the team, still accepting suggestions.
    Your team is quite heavily Fire weak, IMO having just Starmie to counter Fire-Types is not enough.
    However, while adding Arcanine to counter Fire-Types is a good idea, it also adds the team's Ground weakness.......

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  2. #1452

    Default

    Ah, I see your point about Dragon Claw on Eelektross, and between Reuniclus and Chandelure, I'll have plenty of anti-Psychic/Ghost coverage.

    I also see your point on Haxorus, but I've never been a fan of Outrage due to confusion. Meh, I'll try anything once at this point. Must... expand... knowledge.... *gasp* Been... noobish... too... long.... *faints*

    *blink* What? Normal provides... coverage!? o.O Hm, I guess it does, now that I think about it. Water hits either neutral or SE against everything that resists Normal, so you're right! I was honestly thinking someone was gonna say, "why would you put Choice Scarf on a Surf/Aqua Jet set," to which I would reply, "derp! *switches item to Wacan/Rindo Berry* Fixed!" Your way is far better, though.

    Curse over Asplodey on Ferrothorn is a wise choice I had not considered. Will do! Facetanking ftw!

  3. #1453
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    There are only a few things that resist Water + Normal.

    Most of them are not in-game (apart from in the Subway or PWT) and even then you have your other team members.

    But if you really want Samurott to have perfect coverage on its own, you can replace Megahorn and Ice Beam with Superpower/Revenge and Aerial Ace/Air Slash.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  4. #1454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    There are only two things that resist Water + Normal, they are Empoleon and Shedinja.
    Giratina, Dialga, Ferroseed and Ferrothorn also resist that combination.

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    Ah yeah, not sure how did I forgot about them, especially since Paladin's team actually has a Ferrothorn

    Still, Dialga is covered by a Fight move, Giratina is covered by a Flying move, and Ferroseed line can be taken down with either a Fight move or a Flying move.
    Though I do admit trying to defeat a Giratina using Aerial Ace/Air Slash would take quite some time.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Ah yeah, not sure how did I forgot about them, especially since Paladin's team actually has a Ferrothorn

    Still, Dialga is covered by a Fight move, Giratina is covered by a Flying move, and Ferroseed line can be taken down with either a Fight move or a Flying move.
    Though I do admit trying to defeat a Giratina using Aerial Ace/Air Slash would take quite some time.
    Well, I used Staraptor's Aerial Ace to catch a Giratina in Platinum, and yeah, it takes some time to chip away Giartina's health...
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

  7. #1457

    Default

    If I'm not mistaken, Ice Beam hits Ferrothorn and Dialga for neutral damage and Giratina for SE damage, so they're already covered. I don't anticipate fighting a whole lot of Shedinjas, I'll likely stay away from PWT and the Subway, and I don't train one on my BW1 games. I could ditch Megahorn for Superpower to help him out against Empoleon who I have on W1, and also since Megahorn is kinda redundant with my dual Shadow Ballers and Samurott's own Ice Beam, and Superpower hits Dialga and Ferro for SE damage plus covers Dark-types. Super-coverage! If I do encounter Sheddy, I have five other teammates to back Sammy up, so I'm good.

    Thanks for all your advice, I suddenly feel less noobish.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 15th August 2012 at 7:43 PM. Reason: Forgot Sheddy. Derp.

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    Yeah, assuming you ignore Shedinja, you can keep Ice Beam to deal with Ferrothorn and the dragons.

    Good luck with your team, then

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    To be honest, after making the above post I do think this thread sometimes feels like an RMT thread. The IGRMT section is an entire section for that......
    On the other side, suggesting moves also falls into the category of helping to build a team up or discussing about it......




    Actually, in-game teams also can be posted in IGRMT section, in fact that's the main purpose of that section, and also the entire reason why it is called In-Game Rate My Team.




    Just remember that Flygon is Ground/Dragon




    Your team is quite heavily Fire weak, IMO having just Starmie to counter Fire-Types is not enough.
    However, while adding Arcanine to counter Fire-Types is a good idea, it also adds the team's Ground weakness.......
    Yeah, that's why I want suggestions. If I don't get any that I like, though, it'll be Arcanine.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  10. #1460

    Default

    See the edit, Shine. Made an important change. :3

    Oh yeah, and I don't think this counts as IGRMT if you don't actually have the team yet. More like team planning/advice/discussion for when it comes out in your region. For those with the Japanese version, then yes, this talk would be better suited for the IGRMT board, but for Americans/Aussies/Europeans who can't import, this'd be the correct thread for such discussion. At least IMO, I'm not staff. :P
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 15th August 2012 at 7:53 PM.

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Struggling for a sixth!!!!!



    Arcanine
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Lucario
    Psyduck


    Was thinking one of the following:


    Leavanny, Stoutland, Gigalith, Excadrill, Another eevee evolution, Crustle, Zoroark, Aggron, Beartic, Drapion, Bisharp


    Help massively appreiciated

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Struggling for a sixth!!!!!



    Arcanine
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Lucario
    Psyduck


    Was thinking one of the following:


    Leavanny, Stoutland, Gigalith, Excadrill, Another eevee evolution, Crustle, Zoroark, Aggron, Beartic, Drapion, Bisharp


    Help massively appreiciated
    Maybe a Leavanny or a Zoroark...
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

  13. #1463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Struggling for a sixth!!!!!



    Arcanine
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Lucario
    Psyduck


    Was thinking one of the following:


    Leavanny, Stoutland, Gigalith, Excadrill, Another eevee evolution, Crustle, Zoroark, Aggron, Beartic, Drapion, Bisharp


    Help massively appreiciated
    You have a significant Ground weakness on your team already, so might I suggest Flygon instead of Lucario, and perhaps Zoroark in your final slot?

    Or, you could let Lucario go special sweeper and replace Espy with Flygon, use Vaporeon instead of Golduck to add some Ground-countering bulk to your team, and then use Leavanny in your last slot.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 15th August 2012 at 8:08 PM.

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Struggling for a sixth!!!!!



    Arcanine
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Lucario
    Psyduck


    Was thinking one of the following:


    Leavanny, Stoutland, Gigalith, Excadrill, Another eevee evolution, Crustle, Zoroark, Aggron, Beartic, Drapion, Bisharp


    Help massively appreiciated
    I am personally a huge fan of Leavanny, and would suggest using one. But I also think Stoutland could be helpful just because it is found so early in game.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I am personally a huge fan of Leavanny, and would suggest using one. But I also think Stoutland could be helpful just because it is found so early in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Maybe a Leavanny or a Zoroark...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    You have a significant Ground weakness on your team already, so might I suggest Flygon instead of Lucario, and perhaps Zoroark in your final slot?

    Or, you could let Lucario go special sweeper and replace Espy with Flygon, use Vaporeon instead of Golduck to add some Ground-countering bulk to your team, and then use Leavanny in your last slot.



    Muchos Gracias guys, primarily I go for aesthetics in my first run through but I know I have a monumental ground weakness, so thanks for the help

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Arcanine
    Samurott
    Sceptile
    Dragonite
    Crobat
    Luxray

    My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

        Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    If you guys are gonna talk about movesets could you kindly use this thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...Gen-Ingame-RMT

    its more tailored for movesets and abilities etc, this thread is just to discuss TEAM MEMBERS as in which pokes people will use aesthetically
    Oh my god movesets & abilities are fine
    If people want to breed for their pokemon ahead of time or plan out the movesets they want by end game let them do that

    Stop mini-modding, especially whenever someone wants to plan their teams a bit more than members A through F

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    Well, if the mod of this section already says it's fine.....




    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post

    Serperior - Male - Overgrow
    Adamant Nature
    - Return/Dragon Tail/Aqua Tail
    - Return/Dragon Tail/Aqua Tail
    - Leaf Blade
    - Coil

    IMO, Leaf Storm is not good on it until a Contrary one is released.


    Liepard - Female - Limber
    Hasty/Naive Nature
    - Night Slash
    - Grass Knot
    - Aerial Ace
    - Return/U-Turn/Hidden Power [anything not Dark/Grass/Flying/Steel/Poison]

    You can also go fully physical, with Seed Bomb replacing Grass Knot, and Adamant Nature. But that also means no Hidden Power for the last move.


    Excadrill - Male - Sand Rush
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Drill Run
    - Rock Slide
    - Iron Head
    - Hone Claws

    NEVER give Excadrill a Special move. Also, assuming you have access to the Dream World, a Mold Breaker one would be better.


    Golduck - Male - Cloud Nine
    Lonely/Naughty Nature
    - Psychic
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Return

    A mixed one can work, I guess. Just need a bit more Attack, hence the Nature.


    Ampharos - Female - Static
    Modest/Calm Nature
    - Discharge
    - Charge Beam
    - Power Gem
    - Light Screen

    Most of the time you don't need more than one STAB move, consider replacing either Discharge or Charge Beam with Focus Blast.


    Skarmory - Male - Sturdy
    Adamant/Impish Nature
    - Night Slash
    - Swords Dance/Rock Slide/X-Scissor
    - Steel Wing
    - Fly

    Skarmory isn't made to use Special moves. I assume Fly is here for traveling purpose.


    Lopunny - Female - Cute Charm
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Thunderpunch
    - Quick Attack or Return
    - Ice Punch
    - Jump Kick/Sky Uppercut/Fire Punch

    First, Lopunny doesn't want Special-based moves. Second, your set lacks coverage, this one is much better.


    Aggron - Male - Rock Head
    Adamant/Impish Nature
    - Iron Tail
    - Head Smash
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake

    It has Rock Head ability, take advantage of it by giving it Head Smash & Double-Edge. Rock + Ground has wide coverage.


    Walrein - Female - Thick Fat
    Adamant Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Fang
    - Waterfall
    - Rest

    If you want Rest on it, then Sleep Talk instead of one of the two Ice moves. Or replace one of the Ice move with Earthquake, and replace Rest with a Rock move, Curse, or Return.


    Beartic - Male - Snow Cloak
    Adamant Nature
    - Shadow Claw
    - Icicle Crash
    - Surf
    - Brick Break

    Giving it Shadow Claw instead of Frost Breath would be a good idea, as Shadow Claw uses its better Attack stat and also increase its coverage. I assume Surf is here for traveling purpose.


    Heracross - Male - Guts
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Megahorn
    - Brick Break
    - Aerial Ace
    - Close Combat

    IMO, put a Rock move, such as Rock Slide or Stone Edge, over either Brick Break or Close Combat. You'll have more coverage that way.
    Comments in bold

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Thankyou for your help guys, I'll take some of your suggestions into consideration. If anyone else would like to help me, I'm looking for a 6th member and can't decide what to use hahaha. My team is below for reference:

    Just reposting this n_n Looking for a 6th team member and don't know what to choose. I'm getting W2. Honestly I'm not a fan of Lucario though but jakhsdkjfhsajkdfhsadf any help would be much appreciated; all I ask is please try and provide reason(s) as to what I should use! (:

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Just reposting this n_n Looking for a 6th team member and don't know what to choose. I'm getting W2. Honestly I'm not a fan of Lucario though but jakhsdkjfhsajkdfhsadf any help would be much appreciated; all I ask is please try and provide reason(s) as to what I should use! (:
    How about adding Crustle to your team? It's Bug/Rock and would take care of your Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug, and Dark weaknesses. I am kinda picky like you are, and I really don't like Crustle's look, but it provides a lot of coverage, especially for the team you have picked.

    The only other types your team wouldn't cover is Ghost, Normal, and Dragon, so teach your Pokemon Ghost/Dark, Fighting, and Ice/Dragon moves (and I know Flygon is Super-Effective against Dragon, but it's also weak against Dragon, so it's better to have a back-up plan). You could easily teach Flygon Crunch & Superpower and Golduck Ice Beam= Coverage complete.

    I really hope this helped you out. Take care.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 16th August 2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

    I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    How about adding Crustle to your team? It's Bug/Rock and would take care of your Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug, and Dark weaknesses. I am kinda picky like you are, and I really don't like Crustle's look, but it provides a lot of coverage, especially for the team you have picked.

    The only other types your team wouldn't cover is Ghost, Normal, and Dragon, so teach your Pokemon Ghost/Dark, Fighting, and Ice/Dragon moves (and I know Flygon is Super-Effective against Dragon, but it's also weak against Dragon, so it's better to have a back-up plan). You could easily teach Flygon Crunch & Superpower and Golduck Ice Beam: Problem solved.

    I really hope this helped you out. Take care.
    I love Crustle, but I used it on my White team and for that reason I'm not particularly keen on using it again. One Pokemon I am interested in, though, is Umbreon, though I'm not sure how well it would fit in the team. Thanks for your help nonetheless!

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Ok been thinking of a gd and different in game team to try for white 2. So far i have only picked 4 of the 6 pokemon but the 6th pokemon i want to use a hm user

    My in game team is....
    Charizard
    Flamerthrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Air slash
    Focus Blast

    Crobat
    Cross Poison
    Fly (in game purpose)
    Zen headbutt
    Confuse ray

    Gallade
    Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Close Combat

    Beartic
    Surf
    Icicle Crash
    Brick Break
    Shadow Claw

    Im not sure about my last pokemon so would like any ideas plz and again this is an in game team not a team for wifi or whatnot

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pokeworld(Nimbasa City)
    Posts
    507

    Default

    This is the Team I am planning on using for White 2 with the final movesets:

    Samurott
    -Surf(STAB)
    -Ice Beam(Coverage against grass and dragon)
    -Grass Knot(To hit other grass types which resist both Surf and Ice Beam)
    -Megahorn(It's moveset is pretty shallow)

    Darmanitan

    -Flare Blitz(STAB)
    -Earthquake(I know it's available post-game so i'll use Dig till then)
    -Thrash/Superpower/Hammer Arm(Really need suggestion for this)
    -U-Turn(To switch against Water Types)

    Electivire
    -Wild Charge(STAB but will use ThunderPunch before getting the TM)
    -Ice Punch(Coverage against ground types)
    -Earthquake(To hit opposing Electric types but will use Dig or Bulldoze before getting the TM)
    -Fire Punch(To complete the set which aims at dealing SE damage to most possible type combinations)

    Crobat
    -Cross Poison(STAB)
    -Fly(STAB also I wouldn't have to use HM Slave for it)
    -X-Scissor(To hit opposing Psychic Types)
    -Zen Headbutt(To hit other Poison types for SE damage)

    Zoroark
    -Night Daze(STAB but i will use Night Slash/Foul Play until Level 64 because i don't wanna waste my Shards on Dark Pulse which i will replace later on)
    -Flamethrower(To hit powerful Bug-Types)
    -Shadow Ball/Grass Knot(Just because of shallow movepool)
    -Focus Blast(To hit opposing dark types)

    Flygon
    -Outrage(STAB)
    -Earthquake(STAB but i'll use Dig/Bulldoze until getting the TM)
    -Fire Punch(Hit Ice and Steel Types)
    -U-Turn(To switch against powerful Pokemon it'll be unable to handle)

    So what do you think I should change in the movesets?And do you think my Team will have an easy time in the game unlike in Black where it struggled mainly against Ghetsis but also a little against Lenora?
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

  24. #1474
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pokeworld(Nimbasa City)
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildtrainer316 View Post
    Ok been thinking of a gd and different in game team to try for white 2. So far i have only picked 4 of the 6 pokemon but the 6th pokemon i want to use a hm user

    My in game team is....
    Charizard
    Flamerthrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Air slash
    Focus Blast

    Crobat
    Cross Poison
    Fly (in game purpose)
    Zen headbutt
    Confuse ray

    Gallade
    Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Close Combat

    Beartic
    Surf
    Icicle Crash
    Brick Break
    Shadow Claw

    Im not sure about my last pokemon so would like any ideas plz and again this is an in game team not a team for wifi or whatnot
    You can use a Jellicent.It covers Beartic's Fire Weakness,Gallade's Ghost Weakness and Charizard's Rock type weakness.And also it's not too common unlike other water types like Vaporeon,Golduck and Azumarill.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Does jellicent have gd moves to use while im going for the gyms n elite??

Page 59 of 112 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •