Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Close Combat

Beartic
    Surf
    Icicle Crash
    Brick Break
    Shadow Claw
    Your team has a major Rock weak, but using a Water-Type like what amittal12 said also makes the team even more Electric weak.

So I suggest adding a Ground-Type or Grass-Type instead.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post

Samurott
    -Surf(STAB)
    -Ice Beam(Coverage against grass and dragon)
    -Grass Knot(To hit other grass types which resist both Surf and Ice Beam)
    -Megahorn(It's moveset is pretty shallow)

Return instead of Megahorn

Darmanitan

-Flare Blitz(STAB)
    -Earthquake(I know it's available post-game so i'll use Dig till then)
    -Thrash/Superpower/Hammer Arm(Really need suggestion for this)
    -U-Turn(To switch against Water Types)

Rock Slide for the third move, also make sure it's the Sheer Force one, not the Zen Mode one.

Zoroark
    -Night Daze(STAB but i will use Night Slash/Foul Play until Level 64 because i don't wanna waste my Shards on Dark Pulse which i will replace later on)
    -Flamethrower(To hit powerful Bug-Types)
    -Shadow Ball/Grass Knot(Just because of shallow movepool)
    -Focus Blast(To hit opposing dark types)

Grass Knot for the third move, since Ghost & Dark shares the same coverage, which means having a Ghost move on a Dark-Type like Zoroark is pointless. If you're using N's Zorua, since it is Hasty Nature you can use Low Sweep instead for the Fight move.

And do you think my Team will have an easy time in the game unlike in Black where it struggled mainly against Ghetsis but also a little against Lenora?
    As long as you have enough training you'll do fine. It's always better to train first before making a challenge, instead of going in right away.
    comments in bold

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Oh my god movesets & abilities are fine
    If people want to breed for their pokemon ahead of time or plan out the movesets they want by end game let them do that

Stop mini-modding, especially whenever someone wants to plan their teams a bit more than members A through F
    Omg, thank you R_N! I was waiting for you to chime in. It's actually kind of hard to help someone with a team if we ONLY know its members, we won't know what coverage it has.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Omg, thank you R_N! I was waiting for you to chime in. It's actually kind of hard to help someone with a team if we ONLY know its members, we won't know what coverage it has.
    The only iffy thing is asking for advice for a competitive teams/subway/pwt[you know we should make a thread for this anyway] since there are appropriate threads/forums here for that are not this.

Other than that if you want advice on movesets, items, abilities and what not, even if you'll only be "complete" with a fair amount of grinding [for items] or by end game, it's cool

I was kinda thinking about Lucario, Umbreon, and Espeon (or Reuniclus). The other three depend on what I pick as my starter. If I pick Oshawott, I'm thinking Leavanny and Darmanitan as my other two. But I don't have any idea really which starter to choose. I'm not a big fan of any of the starters. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by wildtrainer316 View Post
    Ok been thinking of a gd and different in game team to try for white 2. So far i have only picked 4 of the 6 pokemon but the 6th pokemon i want to use a hm user

My in game team is....
    Charizard
    Flamerthrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Air slash
    Focus Blast

Crobat
    Cross Poison
    Fly (in game purpose)
    Zen headbutt
    Confuse ray

Gallade
    Leaf Blade
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Close Combat

Beartic
    Surf
    Icicle Crash
    Brick Break
    Shadow Claw

Im not sure about my last pokemon so would like any ideas plz and again this is an in game team not a team for wifi or whatnot
    You put together a great team and I wouldn't fear the Rock Weakness too much. Gallade resists and rock isn't common.

Don't use Surf on Beartic, instead make grab a Water type. Vaporeon is a great choice as it has a pretty decent in-game movepool and hits fairly hard as well. Golduck is also available pretty early and a Calm Mind Set rules on it.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    This is the Team I am planning on using for White 2 with the final movesets:

Samurott
    -Surf(STAB)
    -Ice Beam(Coverage against grass and dragon)
    -Grass Knot(To hit other grass types which resist both Surf and Ice Beam)
    -Superpower

His movepool is shallow, but you can use other moves. Hydro Pump when you need that extra kick, Super Power would actually provide you with a bit more bang for your buck actually. Samurott is slow so a quiet nature would work on it with Super Power rounding things out.

Darmanitan

-Flare Blitz(STAB)
    -Superpower/Brick Break

This is his standard set actually. If you want to keep Darmanitan in longer then Brick Break is also pretty good here.

Electivire
    - Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
    - Flamethrower

-Earthquake
    -Ice Punch

Electivire has pretty good special attack so you might want to go Mixed. No recoil on his Stab move, Flamethrower works better and you keep EQ/IP for coverage. If not what you had posted will also work, but give this a shot.

Crobat
    -Cross Poison(STAB)
    -Fly(STAB also I wouldn't have to use HM Slave for it)
    -X-Scissor(To hit opposing Psychic Types)
    -Zen Headbutt(To hit other Poison types for SE damage)

For in-game this is pretty useful

Zoroark
    -Night Daze(STAB but i will use Night Slash/Foul Play until Level 64 because i don't wanna waste my Shards on Dark Pulse which i will replace later on)
    -Flamethrower(To hit powerful Bug-Types)
    -Grass Knot(Just because of shallow movepool)
    -Focus Blast/Nasty Plot

Then keep Night Daze. Don't use Night Slash or Foul Play as his Special Attack is a whole lot higher and you'll definitely prefer Night Daze.

Also, I bolded out Grass Knot. It's his best move, but you can use Hyper Voice or U-Turn. Zoroark has a pretty vast move-pool from Nasty Plot to Sword Dance. Don't underestimate it!

Flygon
    -Outrage(STAB)
    -Earthquake(STAB but i'll use Dig/Bulldoze until getting the TM)
    -Fire Punch(Hit Ice and Steel Types)
    -U-Turn(To switch against powerful Pokemon it'll be unable to handle)

Standard

So what do you think I should change in the movesets?And do you think my Team will have an easy time in the game unlike in Black where it struggled mainly against Ghetsis but also a little against Lenora?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The only iffy thing is asking for advice for a competitive teams/subway/pwt[you know we should make a thread for this anyway] since there are appropriate threads/forums here for that are not this.

Other than that if you want advice on movesets, items, abilities and what not, even if you'll only be "complete" with a fair amount of grinding [for items] or by end game, it's cool
    R_N, I don't think you'll get through to that guy anyways. I mean after the last time he sent me a PM trying to get all smart with me about making a team for him. He's just pretty nasty deep down =/
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

3DS Friend Code: 3711-8931-6762

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Darmanitan

-Flare Blitz(STAB)
    -Superpower/Brick Break

This is his standard set actually. If you want to keep Darmanitan in longer then Brick Break is also pretty good here.

Superpower/Brick Break on Darmanitan is never recommended when it has Earthquake.
    It's the usual "Fight & Ground shares similar coverage" thing.

If it has Superpower, then Earthquake must be replaced with Rock Slide. But Superpower is not affected by Sheer Force, and it may have to switch out due to the Attack & Defense drop.
    If it has Brick Break, well Rock Slide completely outclass BB in terms of coverage AND damage (RS with Sheer Force boost has almost 100 base power).

To be honest, if you ask me I personally prefer Earthquake instead of Superpower, I dislike the Attack & Defense drop of Superpower.

So mine would look like this:

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly Nature, Sheer Force ability
    ~Fire Punch/Flare Blitz
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Earthquake
    ~Return/U-Turn

That is the standard set.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I haven't seen the new Unova dex yet so I don't know what all can be caught so I'm breeding my team right now in my White. Once I get the C-Gear I'll trade them over.

Right now my team is (final evolution):

Levanny
    Gardivoir
    Swampert
    Haxorus
    Arcanine or Blaziken (can't decide)

And I need a sixth Pokemon. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeul View Post
    Said it before, so I'll say it again. Best Wishes needs more delicious N.

I'm giving my Pokemon's movesets some thought, any help is appreciated.
    Note: I'm not changing any of my Pokemon, or Wigglytuff's moveset. But anything else is up for alterations.

Wigglytuff (M): Biggles
    Item: Expert Belt
    Return
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    I just love this moveset idea. It may not be the best but It'll be great fun.

Umbreon (M): Padfoot
    Item: Leftovers
    Payback
    Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Quick Attack
    My main wall. Payback is a damage doer, Toxic and Confuse Ray are to wittle enemies down and Quick Attack is to finish them and give some kind of coverage.

Octillery (M): Gatling
    Item: ?
    Surf
    Psybeam
    Ice Beam
    Signal Beam
    Special Beast. Surf and Ice Beam are standard, Signal Beam gives Grass coverage and Psybeam helps with my team's Fighting weakness.

Camerupt (F): Sally
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Stone Edge
    Yawn
    Mixed Attacker. Yawn's not great, I know, but this is why I'm seeking help!

Altaria (F): Soprana
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Earthquake
    Personally I prefer a Special Altaria, but my team needs Physical Attackers.

Magnezone: Magneto
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Light Screen
    I've never actually used Magnemite, funnily enough. Anyway, Light Screen is really just filler.
    "I swear Bianca if you crit me I'll push you down the stairs." - The wise words of BlameTruth on Rival battles

Opponent sent out Ninetales!
    Me: I know! Fight fire with fire!
    Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
    Ninetales's Flash Fire made it useless....
    Me: 0.0
    -.-
    Stupid saying.........

Planned White 2 Team:
    Biggles Magneto Sally
    Soprana Padfoot Gatling

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Llama View Post
    I'm giving my Pokemon's movesets some thought, any help is appreciated.
    Note: I'm not changing any of my Pokemon, or Wigglytuff's moveset. But anything else is up for alterations.

Wigglytuff (M): Biggles
    Item: Expert Belt
    Return
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    I just love this moveset idea. It may not be the best but It'll be great fun.

Umbreon (M): Padfoot
    Item: Leftovers
    Payback
    Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Quick Attack
    My main wall. Payback is a damage doer, Toxic and Confuse Ray are to wittle enemies down and Quick Attack is to finish them and give some kind of coverage.

Octillery (M): Gatling
    Surf
    Psybeam
    Ice Beam
    Signal Beam
    Special Beast. Surf and Ice Beam are standard, Signal Beam gives Grass coverage and Psybeam helps with my team's Fighting weakness.

Camerupt (F): Sally
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Stone Edge
    Yawn
    Mixed Attacker. Yawn's not great, I know, but this is why I'm seeking help!

Altaria (F): Soprana
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Earthquake
    Personally I prefer a Special Altaria, but my team needs Physical Attackers.

Magnezone: Magneto
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Light Screen
    I've never actually used Magnemite, funnily enough. Anyway, Light Screen is really just filler.
    Purely for in-game these aren't bad moves really. Octillery could use Flamethrower or Physical moves.

Wigglytuff really shouldn't be doing what you want it to...Why don't you try Life Orb Clefable? It gets Magic Guard so no recoil and can attack better.

If not, just have fun.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

3DS Friend Code: 3711-8931-6762

I've made changes to my team again! Comments please

@Lucario-
    Close combat,swords dance,extreme speed,ice punch

@Absol-
    Sucker punch,night slash,psycho cut,super power

@Arcanine-
    Flare blitz,wild charge,extreme speed,outrage

@Hydreigon-
    Dragon pulse,dark pulse,fire blast,surf

@Vanilluxe-
    Ice beam,flash cannon,avalanche,toxic

@Jolteon-
    Thunderbolt,volt switch,thunder wave,shadow ball

Black 2 pokemon team :3

Quote Originally Posted by SeiyruKazohu View Post
    I haven't seen the new Unova dex yet so I don't know what all can be caught so I'm breeding my team right now in my White. Once I get the C-Gear I'll trade them over.

Levanny
    Gardivoir
    Swampert
    Haxorus

i would go with blaziken for better typing, but arcanine can be caught really early on instead of being traded over. also, for a sixth, consider weavile, since you cover its weaknesses well and rapes 2 out of the elite 4 and the champion.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Levanny
    Gardivoir
    Swampert
    Haxorus

I'd go with Blaziken over Arcanine. Blaziken has a much larger move pool and adds a nice Fighting Type to your arsenal. As for Arcanine You have to evolve Growlithe pretty late in order to get good moves on it, unless of course you were planning on going completely special with Arcanine then you don't have to worry about those moves.

For your sixth Pokemon I recommend a Rock or Steel Type. Maybe Archeops perhaps or Aggron?

Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    I've made changes to my team again! Comments please

@Lucario-
    Close combat,swords dance,extreme speed,ice punch

@Absol-
    Sucker punch,night slash,psycho cut,super power

@Arcanine-
    Flare blitz,wild charge,extreme speed,outrage

@Hydreigon-
    Dragon pulse,dark pulse,fire blast,surf

@Vanilluxe-
    Ice beam,flash cannon,avalanche,toxic

@Jolteon-
    Thunderbolt,volt switch,thunder wave,shadow ball
    Kinda redundant to have Absol when you have Hydeigon don't ya think? Your team is VERY weak to Fighting and Ground. You really don't have anything to handle Fighting and that is a common attacking Type. As for Ground Types you do have Vanilluxe but a lot of Ground types carry Rock slide and Some aren't even weak to Ice due to their second typing. A.K.A Seismitoad, Excadrill etc.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 17th August 2012 at 2:51 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I'd go with Blaziken over Arcanine. Blaziken has a much larger move pool and adds a nice Fighting Type to your arsenal. As for Arcanine You have to evolve Growlithe pretty late in order to get good moves on it, unless of course you were planning on going completely special with Arcanine then you don't have to worry about those moves.

For your sixth Pokemon I recommend a Rock or Steel Type. Maybe Archeops perhaps or Aggron?
    Hmmm I think I'm going to go with Archeops just because I feel it has a larger move pool than Aggron plus I'm going use one of my Altarias to breed Dragon Pulse into it. And yes I think I'll go with Blaziken instead of Arcanine. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Last edited by SeiyruKazohu; 17th August 2012 at 4:16 AM. Reason: Left out a word
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeul View Post
    Said it before, so I'll say it again. Best Wishes needs more delicious N.

Hmmm I think I'm going to go with Archeops just because I feel it has a larger move pool than Aggron plus I'm going use one of my Altarias to breed Dragon Pulse into it. And yes I think I'll go with Blaziken instead of Arcanine. Thanks for the suggestions!
    No problem! Good luck with your play-through!

@cascade May I ask what movesets you're running on Garchomp and Jellicent?

@cascade May I ask what movesets you're running on Garchomp and Jellicent?
    Well I just beat the Pokemon League so they currently have:

Pokemon: Garchomp
    Level: 57
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moves:
    -Dragon Rush
    -Dig
    -Rock Slide
    -Hone Claws

Pokemon: Jellicent
    Level: 57
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Cursed Body
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-O-Wisp

I ended up deciding to go with Hone Claws over Fire Fang for Garchomp because Rock Slide already covers it's weakness to Ice, not to mention the raised accuracy you get from Hone Claws helped with Dragon Rush and Rock Slide. They hit every time for me after 1 hone Claws.

How come you asked for Garchomp and Jellicent Specifically?
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 17th August 2012 at 7:11 AM.

Can anyone help me with my team :
    Samurott
    Magnezone
    Darmanitan
    Mienshao
    Salamence
    Espeon
    Is this team weak ? Or will it need to replace some pokemon to make it better ? And can you suggest me some good moves for them ?
    I'm thank you so much . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    Can anyone help me with my team :
    Samurott
    Magnezone
    Darmanitan
    Mienshao
    Salamence
    Espeon
    Is this team weak ? Or will it need to replace some pokemon to make it better ? And can you suggest me some good moves for them ?
    I'm thank you so much . :-)
    Hey. I haven't played W2/B2 yet, so I don't know what the majority of the opponents' Pokemon typing will be, but I'm sure you won't have much of problem if that's the team you want. Most teams are okay for the main story.

I did notice just by looking at your Pokemon's types, (because I don't know their movesets) that your team doesn't cover Electric, Psychic, or Ghost Pokemon. So I would definitely teach some of your team moves like Earthquake/Dig/Shadow Ball/Crunch/Bug Buzz/etc. to cover all the different types of Pokemon. You might also consider teaching one of your Pokemon an Ice move to help take out Dragons. I know Salamence is Super-Effective against Dragons, but it's also weak against them, so it's better to have a back-up plan just in case something happens to Salamence. I hope this helped. Good luck.
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 17th August 2012 at 9:21 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Long time lurker checking in finally. I think I've got a pretty good grasp on in game coverage, but I do miss obvious stuff. I plan on breeding these in White, and sendinf them over as soon as I can.

Generally I just go with Adamant and Modest natures in game, power over speed, but I do have Dittoes with all natures.

Torterra
    -EQ
    -Wood Hammer
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Superpower

Drapion
    -Night Slash/Crunch
    -Fire Fang/Cross Poison
    -EQ
    -Aqua Tail/Swords Dance

Zoroark
    -Night Daze/Dark Pulse
    -Focus Blast
    -Flame Thrower
    -Grass Knot/Nasty Plot

Starmie
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Volcorona
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    -Morning Sun

Froslass
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray
    -Psychic

Honchcrow
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Night Slash/Sucker Punch
    -Roost

should i use golurk or krookodile, i love both of their designes, i love dark and ground types and i wasent to fond of ghost types till gen 4/5 and i really like both of them, so i would like to hear your opinion thank you

@Cascade because I'm planning my mono-E4 teams and I've always likee Garchomp and have never used Jellicent.

@Cascade because I'm planning my mono-E4 teams and I've always likee Garchomp and have never used Jellicent.
    Wait, do you mean a Mono-Type team? If so then how come you are using both Garchomp and Jellicent? One's a Dragon/Ground and the other's a Water/Ghost. Unless of course these are for separate teams....

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    should i use golurk or krookodile, i love both of their designes, i love dark and ground types and i wasent to fond of ghost types till gen 4/5 and i really like both of them, so i would like to hear your opinion thank you
    I'd go for Golurk. Krookdile would just add another Fighting type weakness while Golurk adds 3 immunities. No to mention Golurks immense move pool.

I should warn you though you can't get Glaceon until Post-game and you can't get Golurk until all the way until Victory Road, so maybe you should go with Krookodile after all...At least until you are able to get Golruk.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 17th August 2012 at 4:05 PM.

ok....
    Serperior
    -Coil
    -Aqua tail
    -Leaf blade
    -Outrage

Galvantula
    -Energy ball
    -Bug buzz
    -Volt switch
    -Thunder

Azumarill
    -Ice punch
    -Superpower
    -Waterfall
    -Aqua jet

Ninetails
    -Psyshock
    -Dark pulse
    -Energy ball
    -Flamethrower

Flygon
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon claw
    -Stone edge
    -Fire punch

Scrafty
    -Bulk up
    -Hi jump kick
    -Crunch
    -Zen headbutt

suggestions accepted
    Last edited by Kyurem1515; 17th August 2012 at 11:21 PM.
    Pearl Team-
    White Team-
    White 2 Team-
    White 2 Friend Code:2280 5286 2960

i would do hi jump kick over darin punch, since the boost in power is amazing.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Drain Punch gives reliable recovery and after a few Bulk Ups, it'll be doing enough damage. Plus 90% accuracy is fine, until you really need it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Page 60 of 112 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast