Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by andresballer03 View Post
    hey guys, i need to know if using hydreigon on my team is worth it. did ppl struggle getting to lvl 64 with it? how about its pre evo ability, does it make the game harder? id really like to know if i need to potentially switch it out for something else.
    It's worth postgame, but yeah, it's one of the hardest Pokémon to train. And the pre-evo ability doesn't help him either.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I was using a Butterfree for a fair amount in LG recently, it's bulkier than you think so long as you keep it away from rocks and fire. It's special defense actually isn't that bad either so that's nice. It's bulkier than Pikachu in every respect, too.
    Trust me I've trained frailer things in the past and for the most part Butterfree can deal just fine. Besides constantly having to replace the Sash is annoying (24 BP a pop for a consumable, yeesh)

Ah but you swapped them out anyway (Togekiss & Emolga are preeeeetty great though).

Oh, also, Cosmic Power on Clefable over Softboiled. Since...the only way to get that is through FRLGE move tutor which going to guess isn't that common~ (Moonlight would also work)
    And, uhhhh, Double-Edge as well. Also just a gen 3. Maybe run Stored Power instead if you go with Cosmic Power. Or Return, I guess.
    Maybe Ice Beam over Grass Knot? I'm guessing you're running it for Rock types but why not go with the ever more useful Ice Coverage?

like my ideal Clefable for in-game would probably be
    Magic Guard
    @Life Orb
    -Cosmic Power
    -Stored Power
    -Ice Beam
    -Probably Flamethrower maybe Thunderbolt?

Cosmic Power makes you ever more bulky. You can forgo Moonlight (which by the way heals exactly as much as Softboiled in normal weather) since you have Potions/Lemonades. Stored Power to fling stronger and stronger damage at the opponent (60 after 1 boost, 100 after 2!). Ice Beam/Bolt/Thrower for coverage.
    Who cares if you don't have stab when you are KILLING EVERYTHING
    I actually do have a Clefable with Softboiled ^.^

That said I was just using a standard set idea. I'm actually trying to think of a pokemon cuter to use on the team than Clefable!
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

3DS Friend Code: 3711-8931-6762

I was using a Butterfree for a fair amount in LG recently, it's bulkier than you think so long as you keep it away from rocks and fire. It's special defense actually isn't that bad either so that's nice. It's bulkier than Pikachu in every respect, too.
    Trust me I've trained frailer things in the past and for the most part Butterfree can deal just fine. Besides constantly having to replace the Sash is annoying (24 BP a pop for a consumable, yeesh)
    I've wanted to use a Butterfree eventually, so what would be a good moveset for one?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    I've wanted to use a Butterfree eventually, so what would be a good moveset for one?
    Give it any random item you want(Focus Sash for anything competetive)

Bug Buzz, Psychic, Giga Drain/Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!

3DS Friend Code: 3711-8931-6762

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Not sure if it's the best moveset for it, but here's my Shiny Butterfree's moveset:
    -Bug Buzz
    -Psychic (or Aerial Ace...I forget)
    -PoisonPowder
    -Venoshock

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    The scary thing is...you're getting scarily close to my team >.<. I have Crobat as a rotater.
    Yeah, the idea for Delcatty was you saying you were the only one using it or something a while back. Didn't know you had Altaria though lol. I've never used it, would've liked to, now I get the chance. The dragon typing is helpful, too.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Yeah, the idea for Delcatty was you saying you were the only one using it or something a while back. Didn't know you had Altaria though lol. I've never used it, would've liked to, now I get the chance. The dragon typing is helpful, too.
    Well I feel so special now, I inspired an underused Pokemon onto a team. My Altaria is my Fire-Flying-Dragon-Ice(one of many)-Type. It's got decent coverage.

Well I feel so special now, I inspired an underused Pokemon onto a team. My Altaria is my Fire-Flying-Dragon-Ice(one of many)-Type. It's got decent coverage.
    Yeah, I'm going to type movesets in to notepad on my computer w/o internet. I only get internet from my phone, that's why I don't post movesets. Would you mind posting your movements/giving me some movesets? Nobodys really done it yet, I'll try and post mine when I'm done.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Yeah, I'm going to type movesets in to notepad on my computer w/o internet. I only get internet from my phone, that's why I don't post movesets. Would you mind posting your movements/giving me some movesets? Nobodys really done it yet, I'll try and post mine when I'm done.
    For Delcatty and Altaria? Sure. Just don't steal them!

Delcatty: (F)
    Ability: Cute Charm
    -Assist
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Return
    -Blizzard

Altaria: (F)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly

For Delcatty and Altaria? Sure. Just don't steal them!

Delcatty: (F)
    Ability: Cute Charm
    -Assist
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Return
    -Blizzard

Altaria: (F)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly
    Altaria
    Natural Cure
    Flamthrower
    Fly
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam/Perish Song/Cotton Guard
    Just made that.

Delcatty
    Normalize
    Zen Headbutt
    Wild Charge
    Fake Out
    Forget this, think it was Assist

Thought I'd try Normalize. Seems legit.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Why are you using Zen Headbutt on a Normalise Delcatty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Why are you using Zen Headbutt on a Normalise Delcatty?
    Because it turns Zen Headbutt in to a normal type move, which means 80 power plus stab.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Normalize makes ALL your moves Normal-Type. Steel-Types and Rock-Types says hi.

Not to mention it means now it is pointless to have more than 1 attacking move, yours has Zen Headbutt AND Wild Charge.

If you want a powerful physical Normal move on Delcatty, Return is the best. At max happiness, it's 102 base power not including STAB, has no recoil, and has 100 accuracy.

Delcatty
    Adamant Nature, Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ability
    ~Return
    ~Wild Charge
    ~Zen Headbutt
    ~Faint Attack

Delcatty
    Modest Nature, Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ability
    ~Charge Beam
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Grass Knot
    ~Hyper Voice

Oh, also, Cosmic Power on Clefable over Softboiled. Since...the only way to get that is through FRLGE move tutor which going to guess isn't that common~ (Moonlight would also work)
    I have a Clefable with Softboiled, and a Chansey with Metronome in my Black, transferred all the way from my FR/LG

Quote Originally Posted by andresballer03 View Post
    hey guys, i need to know if using hydreigon on my team is worth it. did ppl struggle getting to lvl 64 with it? how about its pre evo ability, does it make the game harder? id really like to know if i need to potentially switch it out for something else.
    lv 64 takes a lot of time, and training the pre-evo is also kinda hard since Hustle loves to screw you up. But it really worth it in the end, Hydreigon is a very strong Pokemon.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Speaking of soft-boiled clefable. Is it possible to have one with magic guard?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Speaking of soft-boiled clefable. Is it possible to have one with magic guard?
    Possible, but very hard to do.

Some Pokemon who only have 1 ability in Gen 3 but 2 choice of ability in Gen 4, may change their ability into the second ability when evolved in 4th Gen games.

Clefairy & Clefable happens to be such Pokemon. The problem is, we don't know which Clefairy will have the ability changed upon evolving......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Altaria
    Natural Cure
    Flamthrower
    Fly
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam/Perish Song/Cotton Guard
    Just made that.

Delcatty
    Normalize
    Zen Headbutt
    Wild Charge
    Fake Out
    Forget this, think it was Assist

Thought I'd try Normalize. Seems legit.
    Notmalize is a terrible ability! If you plan on using Dekcatty in E4 then, you can't even touch Shauntal. Definitely use Cute Charm. I'd definitely switch out Fake Out with Return. As for Altaria... -_-, jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Possible, but very hard to do.

Some Pokemon who only have 1 ability in Gen 3 but 2 choice of ability in Gen 4, may change their ability into the second ability when evolved in 4th Gen games.

Clefairy & Clefable happens to be such Pokemon. The problem is, we don't know which Clefairy will have the ability changed upon evolving......
    Well in my LG I still have not used my Softboiled tutor, is there anything like PID to look for to figure out if the Pokemon switches?

I've heard tales that its random and can be soft-resetted (witch I don't believe, my poor Extremespeed Zigzagoon only seems to get Pickup after evolution, no Gluttony)...

I strangely want to give you an Eelektross.

Eelektross:
    -Flamethrower
    -Thuderbolt
    -Wild Charge
    -Flash Cannon/Crunch
    mmmmm funnily enough Eelektross has been on my mind quite a bit since it gets good coverage (I'd probably run Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Crunch / Drain Punch though).

Or Magnezone...

Magnezone:
    Ability: Sturdy
    -Lock-On
    -Zap Cannon
    -Magnet Rise
    -Flash Cannon

Magnezone:
    Ability: Sturdy
    -Magnet Rise
    -Flash Cannon
    -Discharge
    -*Filler Move*
    mmmm thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. Might consider using Magneton (not a fan of 'Zone's design tbh, and Zone only has +10 SpA and -10 Spe compared to Magneton iirc).

My original post is below btw (hint hint)

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    ^ the team in your sig, is that what you're planning on using? I love the fact that you're using Flareon hahaha, nice choice. (though I wish Swanna's animation wasn't so horrible because the empty space between Heracross and Swanna irks me lol).

And ajkshdkfhsdjkfhsjkadf I still can't decide on a final member for my team lol. Advice, please? ^^; (Getting W2 by the way)

Serperior - the starter. I'll be choosing Serperior because I used Oshawott in White, and I'm not a fan of Emboar.
    Golduck / Azumarill - not sure which one to go with. I'm probably leaning more towards Azumarill tbh. I'm also considering Mantine because, well, idk, it's kind of cool I guess. It irks me that you can't get one until after Skyla though because I'm so used to having Water-types, buuuut...
    Muk - one of my favourite Pokemon. It's low Speed is a bit annoying but I'll live.
    Flygon - the Fly-er. One of my favourite Pokemon again, and it's been ages since I last used one (back in the Ruby days yo), so why not?
    Beheeyem - I adore Beheeyem's design and it will provide some nice coverage. Also, I figured Golduck would have a similar moveset to Beheeyem (to an extent) which is why I'm leaning more towards Azumarill.

So atm, assuming I go with Azumarill, I have three physical Pokemon (Azumarill, Muk, Flygon) and Beheeyem would be Special. Serperior would probably be Special as well. I've been considering Flareon (though that would make my team exceptionally slow imo) but I just don't know ajskhdkjhfkjashdfkjhsadf HELP PLEASE hahaha.

e: also I've been toying with the idea of completely changing my team and going with Serperior / Azumarill / Camerupt (or Ninetales) / Eviolite-Gligar (or Krookodile) / Crobat / Beheeyem but idk lol.

If I do end up using Seviper, it's moveset will be:

Seviper
    Naughty/Lonely Nature
    Shed Skin
    -Poison Jab/Fang/Tail: Which should I use? On this set I'm aiming to Poison the foe then hit em with Venoshock.

-Venoshock: See above

-Crunch: Covers Psychics

-Aqua Tail: Covers Grounds

Second moveset:

Seviper(M)
    Jolly/Adamant
    Shed Skin

-Coil: Boost Attack/Defense

-Poison Jab: STAB

-Crunch: Coverage

-Aqua Tail: Coverage

So which moveset should I use? I'm leaning towards the first one to use during the game, and then the second one to use post-game.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Go with the second set, but use Earthquake over Crunch to hit Steel types. It's generally better to cover what resists your STAB than to cover you own weaknesses.

You could also use a mixed set:

Seviper
    Rash
    Shed Skin
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Flamethrower
    -Giga Drain
    -Earthquake
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Go with the second set, but use Earthquake over Crunch to hit Steel types. It's generally better to cover what resists your STAB than to cover you own weaknesses.

You could also use a mixed set:

Seviper
    Rash
    Shed Skin
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Flamethrower
    -Giga Drain
    -Earthquake
    I didn't choose Earthquake since I'll have a Flygon on my team, but thanks for the help.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Serperior
    - Aqua tail
    - Leaf blade
    - Outrage
    - Coil

Feraligatr
    - Ice punch
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake

Lucario
    - Aura sphere
    - Dragon pulse
    - Psychic
    - Calm mind

Volcarona
    - Quiver dance
    - Bug buzz
    - Flamethrower/Fiery dance Not sure which to use.
    - Giga drain

Braviary
    - Fly
    - Hone claws
    - Return
    - Brave bird

Reuniclus
    - HP Fire/Dark
    - Psychic
    - Gyro ball
    - Signal beam

or

Epseon
    - Psychic
    - Shadow ball
    - Signal beam
    - HP dark

This is just an in-game team and any advice on natures/move changes would be appreciated. Also, I can't decide between Reuniclus and Espeon as I've wanted to try both but never have. Any suggestions?
    Black 2 (Badge quest): Flare Lv.16, Aerial Lv.18, Lava Lv.10, Aura Lv.14, Beacon Lv.15, MEOWTH Lv.100 (I know I suck at nicknaming. That's why I never nickname anybody, but for this I will be with the exception of shinies. Also, MEOWTH is only for making money with Pickup.)

Badge count: 1
    Shiny count: 1

Current shiny hunt:0/641
    Shinies:X2 (M/F),,(F)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrose View Post
    Serperior
    - Aqua tail
    - Leaf blade
    - Outrage
    - Coil

Feraligatr
    - Ice punch
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake

Lucario
    - Aura sphere
    - Dragon pulse
    - Psychic
    - Calm mind

Volcarona
    - Quiver dance
    - Bug buzz
    - Flamethrower/Fiery dance Not sure which to use.
    - Giga drain

Braviary
    - Fly
    - Hone claws
    - Return
    - Brave bird

Reuniclus
    - HP Fire/Dark
    - Psychic
    - Gyro ball
    - Signal beam

or

Epseon
    - Psychic
    - Shadow ball
    - Signal beam
    - HP dark

This is just an in-game team and any advice on natures/move changes would be appreciated. Also, I can't decide between Reuniclus and Espeon as I've wanted to try both but never have. Any suggestions?
    i think, in choosing espeon or reuniclus, you first need to see how they can help your team. you have really fast pokemon already, so the relative slwoness of reuniclus shouldnt be a problem in comparison witht eh rest of your team. most of your team is pretty delicate however, and you could definitely use some bulk, which reuniclus ahs and espeon (for the most part) lacks. so id go with reuniclus, and dont forget that hp moves are hard to get.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    It's generally better to cover what resists your STAB than to cover you own weaknesses.
    Wow, that sounds like advice I could put to good use! Thank you!

I have no idea if I've posted in this topic before, but I'll do it anyway!

And I really need help on who to pick. I tend to prefer assembling a full team relatively early on. I'd also like to have all of the main field moves (Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Waterfall) on my team without having a HM slave.

Azumarill
    Adamant nature, Huge Power ability
    Waterfall
    Superpower
    Return
    Surf (Field)

Magnezone
    Modest nature, Sturdy ability (I don't think trapping Steel types will be of much use in-game)
    Volt Switch
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Flash (Field)

Scrafty
    Adamant nature, Moxie ability
    Hi Jump Kick
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Strength (Field)

Chandelure looks nice, but I rarely use ghost types so some help here would be great too.
    Last edited by SlimeStack; 23rd August 2012 at 8:08 PM.

Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast