Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    If I do end up using Seviper, it's moveset will be:

Seviper
    Naughty/Lonely Nature
    Shed Skin
    -Poison Jab/Fang/Tail: Which should I use? On this set I'm aiming to Poison the foe then hit em with Venoshock.

-Venoshock: See above

-Crunch: Covers Psychics

-Aqua Tail: Covers Grounds

Second moveset:

Seviper(M)
    Jolly/Adamant
    Shed Skin

-Coil: Boost Attack/Defense

-Poison Jab: STAB

-Crunch: Coverage

-Aqua Tail: Coverage

So which moveset should I use? I'm leaning towards the first one to use during the game, and then the second one to use post-game.
    @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Dark Pulse
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Giga Drain

Pure special Seviper is pretty useful and fun.

@ Life Orb [Choice Scarf]
    Nature: Naughty / Rash / Naive
    ~ Poison Jab / Sludge Bomb
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Flamethrower

Mixed Sevi. Choice of nature depends on if you want to use Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb as your Stab move. You could go with Naive for + Speed as Sevi is naturally pretty slow. If you plan on using it in anything competitive then a Choice Scarf also works pretty well here.

@ Life Orb / Leftovers / Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    ~ Coil / Crunch
    ~ Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
    ~ Aqua Tail
    ~ Earthquake [Use Crunch Until You Get It]

Due to Coil you can use Gunk Shot on Sevi which is exceptionally powerful. I just feel Arbok is a little better at doing the Coil thing. I realize you can't get Ekans in-game, but the fun thing about Sevi is all of the special moves he gains so I'd go Mixed or Pure special if I were to put one on a team.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!
    5th Badge Obtained

Can Breed w/ Hidden Ability: Froakie, Chespin, Dratini, Goomy, Fletching, Eevee, Charmander

3DS Friend Code: 0404-6497-5807

This is the team I'm probably going to use when I get White 2. The team's theme is the seven deadly sins, with my character named Greed.

Serperior: Pride.
    Taunt
    Swagger
    Leaf Blade
    Coil

Gardevoir: Lust
    Attract
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt

Zoroark: Envy
    Night Daze
    Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse
    Calm Mind

Gyarados: Wrath
    Dragon Rage
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake

Swalot: Gluttony
    Stockpile
    Swallow
    Toxic
    Sludge Wave

Snorlax: Sloth (I could use Slaking, but I really don't like it.)
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Brick Break
    Heavy Slam
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    This is the team I'm probably going to use when I get White 2. The team's theme is the seven deadly sins, with my character named Greed.

Taunt
    Swagger
    Leaf Blade
    Coil

Attract
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt

Night Daze
    Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse
    Calm Mind

Dragon Rage
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake

Stockpile
    Swallow
    Toxic
    Sludge Wave

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Brick Break
    Heavy Slam
    That's a nice team. I like the concept and I like how yoou worked in your moveset e.g: Lusty Gardevoir having Attract.
    I've got no advice to give, I'm just praising your idea and its implementation.
    "I swear Bianca if you crit me I'll push you down the stairs." - The wise words of BlameTruth on Rival battles

Opponent sent out Ninetales!
    Me: I know! Fight fire with fire!
    Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
    Ninetales's Flash Fire made it useless....
    Me: 0.0
    -.-
    Stupid saying.........

Planned White 2 Team:
    Biggles Magneto Sally
    Soprana Padfoot Gatling

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post

Aqua Tail
    Return

Leaf Blade
    Coil

You could use Taunt and Swagger over Aqua Tail, but I don't recommend it. Aqua Tail is what makes Coil Serperior very useful. Return is a readily available TM so don't skip over using it either.

Attract / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Focus Blast
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt

I can see Attract working in with the Theme, but I'd really recommend using Shadow Ball, Energy Ball or Focus Blast.

Grass Knot / U-Turn
    Flamethrower
    Nasty Plot
    Night Daze / Dark Pulse

It doesn't make sense using Night Daze, Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball all o the same pokemon.

Return / Bounce
    Waterfall

Dragon Dance
    Earthquake

Waterfall is better than Aqua Tail. It can flinch and although has slightly less base power has 100% Accuracy > 90%. Dragon Rage does... 40 HP or something? Use Return for the best possibly coverage or Bounce for extra stab.

Stockpile / Shadow Ball
    Swallow / Toxic
    Ice Beam
    Sludge Wave

I got nothing. I think Swalot fits the bill, but couldn't you use like Heracross who eats tons of Sap or like? He has a pretty neat special move-pool to abuse though. You could use the Stockpile+Swallow set-up, but it's not good in-game at all.

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Crunch
    Body Slam / Return

Crunch + Body Slam/Return have the best coverage together. Rest-Talking in-game I've never used, so I don't know how great it'd be. If it isn't than toss in two filler moves like an Elemental Punch and a fighting move.
    Now this is a clever team, no doubt about it. I put in some suggestions to get rid of a lot of redundant moves / help you gain coverage. I realize that RestTalking and Swallow Swallot are part of the theme, but I think it'll drag you down in-game. I posted some side-choices against the theme moves in-case you do find it too much. Still, I love the idea of this team.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!
    5th Badge Obtained

Can Breed w/ Hidden Ability: Froakie, Chespin, Dratini, Goomy, Fletching, Eevee, Charmander

Quote Originally Posted by andresballer03 View Post
    i think, in choosing espeon or reuniclus, you first need to see how they can help your team. you have really fast pokemon already, so the relative slwoness of reuniclus shouldnt be a problem in comparison witht eh rest of your team. most of your team is pretty delicate however, and you could definitely use some bulk, which reuniclus ahs and espeon (for the most part) lacks. so id go with reuniclus, and dont forget that hp moves are hard to get.
    Thanks. I'll probably just stick with Reuniclus since it was my original choice for a psychic. As for the HP moves, I've never used them before but they sound useful. Does the pokemon have to have certain stats to get a certain HP, or is it just random?
    Black 2 (Badge quest): Flare Lv.16, Aerial Lv.18, Lava Lv.10, Aura Lv.14, Beacon Lv.15, MEOWTH Lv.100 (I know I suck at nicknaming. That's why I never nickname anybody, but for this I will be with the exception of shinies. Also, MEOWTH is only for making money with Pickup.)

Badge count: 1
    Shiny count: 1

Current shiny hunt:0/641
    Shinies:X2 (M/F),,(F)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrose View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably just stick with Reuniclus since it was my original choice for a psychic. As for the HP moves, I've never used them before but they sound useful. Does the pokemon have to have certain stats to get a certain HP, or is it just random?
    It depends on the pokemon's IVs.

This is very, very difficult to do unless you know exactly how to breed them and calculate IVs.

If you aren't used to doing this and don't know a breeder then I'd stay away from including Hidden Powers on any of your pokemon sets.

For instance my team is using a Houndoom and I'm still having trouble breeding for Hidden Power : Grass. What I might have to do is not use Nasty Plot+HP:Grass and instead use Sunny Day+Solarbeam.
    !~ Pokemon X Team ~!
    5th Badge Obtained

Guess I won't use Normalize, lol.

Lucario
    Steadfast
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse

Starmie
    Natural Cure
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Should I go mixed on Lucario? Still not entirely sure. I like the Starmie set for in-game, just worried about it being available so late.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

All lucarios' must have extreme speed

Black 2 pokemon team :3

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Guess I won't use Normalize, lol.

Lucario
    Steadfast
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse

Starmie
    Natural Cure
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Should I go mixed on Lucario? Still not entirely sure. I like the Starmie set for in-game, just worried about it being available so late.
    For mixed use Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse over Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball.

Physical:
    Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake/Swords Dance

Special:
    Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Flash Cannon/Psychic
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Well in my LG I still have not used my Softboiled tutor, is there anything like PID to look for to figure out if the Pokemon switches?
    Maybe, I've heard that there is some kind of code within the ability that can be used to determine it. Apparently, Pokemon with single ability still have 2 choice of ability in terms of the game's coding, but both are the same ability, making it seems like they have only 1. The ability will change only if it is the 2nd choice according to the coding.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I've heard tales that its random and can be soft-resetted (witch I don't believe, my poor Extremespeed Zigzagoon only seems to get Pickup after evolution, no Gluttony)...
    It's definitely not random, my Pickup Zigzagoon (no Extremespeed though ) always evolved into Gluttony Linoone, so I choose to not evolve it (I saved before evolving it, since I know there's a chance it becomes Gluttony) and just get another Zigzagoon to be evolved into Linoone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrose View Post
    Serperior
    Adamant Nature
    - Aqua tail
    - Leaf blade
    - Outrage
    - Coil

Feraligatr
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Ice punch
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake

Lucario
    Modest/Timid Nature
    - Aura sphere
    - Dragon pulse
    - Psychic
    - Calm mind

Volcarona
    Modest/Timid/Calm Nature
    - Quiver dance
    - Bug buzz
    - Flamethrower/Fiery dance Not sure which to use.
    - Giga drain

Braviary
    Adamant/Jolly Nature, Sheer Force ability
    - Fly
    - Hone claws
    - Return
    - Rock Slide

Reuniclus
    Modest Nature
    - HP Fire/Dark
    - Psychic
    - Energy Ball
    - Shadow Ball/Thunder/Focus Blast

Gyro Ball is pointless in-game, even with 30 base Speed you'll still going to be faster than in-game trainer's Pokemon eventually. And if the HP is Dark, then the fourth move must NOT be Shadow Ball, since Dark & Ghost shares similar coverage anyway, which means it is pointless to have both.

or

Espeon
    Modest/Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow ball
    - Signal beam
    - HP dark

Replace either HP Dark or Shadow Ball with Calm Mind/Grass Knot.
    Comments in bold

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Now this is a clever team, no doubt about it. I put in some suggestions to get rid of a lot of redundant moves / help you gain coverage. I realize that RestTalking and Swallow Swallot are part of the theme, but I think it'll drag you down in-game. I posted some side-choices against the theme moves in-case you do find it too much. Still, I love the idea of this team.
    I appreciate the advice very, very much. Some of the moves I will keep just to keep with the them (such as, attract Gardevoir). It will be pretty annoying at some parts, but I guess it will make an interesting challenge. But I appreciate the movesets you made for Snorlax and Zoroark, because I was sort of stuck on what moves to choose for them. I've never been too good at movesets so the help is very much appreciated!
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Curses on that then.

I don't wanna waste Softboiled and then get crap Clefairy...

Oh well, I'll take what I can get, because I'm thinking of Using Clefable over Lickylicky (I need more Special Attacksers anyways)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Two questions - What is a good offensive moveset for Umbreon and is this a good moveset for Forrestress?

Forretress
    Brave nature
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bug Bite
    - Payback
    - Substitute
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    What is a good offensive moveset for Umbreon
    Umbreon
    Brave Nature
    ~Curse
    ~Payback
    ~Toxic
    ~Return

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

@A1_Sauce

So I know you said you won't do anything with Emboar but oh well, he goes.

Emboar:
    Ability: Blaze (Reckless hasn't been released and it probably still won't be.)
    Nature: Adament (If you're going all Physical, it'd be pointless not to go for it.)
    -Flare Blitz (More PP and Power than Heat Crash)
    -Hammer Arm/Brick Break (Hammer Arm has 80% Accuracy but 100 Power, Brick Break only has 75 Power but 100% Accuracy)
    -Thunder Punch (Wild Charge and Flare Blitz is pointless to have, recoil would kill you)
    -*Last Move is up to you*(Please Note: You still have a Psychic weakness so you use Assurance or Fling + Iron Ball. You also have a Ground Weakness however Scald is pointless so you can just leave Ground alone.)

Leavanny:
    Ability: Swarm/Chlorophyll (Both are good, it's really all good. Granted Swarm will only boost X-Scissor when it has 1/3 of its HP left)
    -Leaf Blade
    -X-Scissor
    -Aerial Ace (Aerial Ace will be more beneficial to cover weaknesses since X-Scissor already covers your Psychich weakness)
    -Leaf Storm (210 Base Power with STAB is fantastic, besides Grasswhistle isn't that great of a move)

Honchkrow:
    Ability: Super Luck
    -Heat Wave
    -Fly
    -Dark Pulse
    -Shadow Ball/Aerial Ace
    (Sucker Punch is pointless since it's Speed isn't that bad, and you can easily fix it's speed. Night Slash is good, but all in all Dark Pulse is a better move.)
    Last edited by GoldCyndaquil; 24th August 2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

im currently working on my team since i got it yeterday:

1. Snivy Lv. 14

well, i did not have that mouch time to play xD

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Umbreon
    Brave Nature
    ~Curse
    ~Payback
    ~Toxic
    ~Return
    Foul play over payback if you could.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Well thats just the way im going about it. I will agree that i probably wont need sucker punch and im sure ill realize that by the time i get the gameplay started. Leaf storm will probably be the move id go for anyway. Im not making my emboar a pure physical attacker. Other than that, I like what I have going on

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Sauce View Post
    Well thats just the way im going about it. I will agree that i probably wont need sucker punch and im sure ill realize that by the time i get the gameplay started. Leaf storm will probably be the move id go for anyway. Im not making my emboar a pure physical attacker. Other than that, I like what I have going on
    So basically you ignored all my hard work?

Also, on your Jellicent, if you're going to have Will-o'-Wisp or Scald, you should probably consider Hex too, a pretty powerful combo I must say.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

I have an Idea for one in Black 2

Samurott @ Focus Sash
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Megahorn
    Hydro Pump

Levanny @ Leftovers
    Aerial Ace
    Bug Bite/ X Scissor/ Struggle Bug
    Leaf Storm
    Swords Dance

Beartic @ NeverMeltIce
    Hail
    Blizzard
    Iceicle Crash
    Swaggar

Lucario @ Expert Belt
    Swords Dance
    Brick Break
    Aura Sphere
    Close Combat

Espeon @ ???
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Work Up
    Future Sight

Krookodile @ ???
    Dig
    Earth Quake
    Crunch
    Foul Play
    Last edited by Sawk; 25th August 2012 at 12:01 PM.
    My Hunts:
    30 srs

My shines:
    none ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Sawk View Post
    I have an Idea for a rotational one in Black 2

Samurott @ Focus Sash
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Megahorn
    Hydro Pump
    Your Samurott...scary. Try this one on for size.

Surf and Ice Beam are fine and I guess you could use Swords Dance, I don't suggest it. But Toxic just seems...random to me.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

I didnt ignore it. I took it into consideration and agreed with you. All i was saying was thats just the way im planning itdue to my tendency to do things my own way. honestly, i have this all planned now but once gameplay comes im sure things will be different

Give serperior coil and possibly for the last spot give it outrage/iron tail/ or just give it a screen

Arcanine's last slot should be crunch or wild charge ( crunch covers ghost/psy, wild charge covers water/fly) close combat would be good but that means breeding

@Sawk Why do you have Swords Dance but no Physical moves? I'd go for:

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Air Slash/Hidden Power

Physical set:

Swords Dance
    Waterfall/Aqua Jet
    Megahorn/X-Scissor
    Superpower/Aqua Jet/Night Slash

For mixed use GoldCyndaquil's moveset.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 26th August 2012 at 10:12 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Sauce View Post
    Give serperior coil and possibly for the last spot give it outrage/iron tail/ or just give it a screen

Arcanine's last slot should be crunch or wild charge ( crunch covers ghost/psy, wild charge covers water/fly) close combat would be good but that means breeding
    I'm honestly lost on what you're talking about...

P.S. MY NAME IS GOLD...not Golden
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast