Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2795

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    Trading is no hassle for me. I own two DS's and a DSi, and have an entire catalogue of breedable Pokemon. Local infrared, and it's done fast.
    True but there may be some people who dont want to take the time to trade ya know

Before playing a game, I usually don't plan out my course of action; in this case, my Pokemon Team. However, I've been doing a little bit of research into the extended Unova Pokedex. Right now, I know I want to have Oshawott be my starter; that's just how I roll. Secondly, I want to catch a Riolu at the Floccesy Ranch. Lucario has been my favorite Pokemon ever since 2007, so I was super excited at how early on you can obtain his first evolutionary state. Then, I want to catch a Magnemite around Virbank City. Honestly, I've never used a Magnemite before. Having an Electric-type Pokemon on my team is also a must. That's probably only how far I'll plan my team, as of now. Might look into it later tonight. Peace.

~nightsmith97
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

I'm definitely not using anyone I've used in my White version, I'm just trying to decide which starter to go with I have Serperior already, but the layout I'm looking at is

-Emboar/Samurott
    -Braviary
    -Arcanine
    -Ferrothron
    -Lucario
    -?
    any suggestions would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Sauce View Post
    True but there may be some people who dont want to take the time to trade ya know
    I was just talking about me. People can use whoever or whatever they wish, if they can. Personally, my options are a bit more open because I do have the ability to use my other games to create a full team from the get go.

^ Click to see what I'm up to in-game! ^

Credit to Creative Worlds
    Click her to visit her home!

Part 3: Enter Albert

I plan on starting out with White 2 and my team will be as followed:

I ALWAYS start out with the Water Starter for my first playthrough of a game, so Samurott will be my choice from the beginning. I only used Lucario once for an in-game Pearl team, so I'm interested in using it since it's available so early on and I haven't trained one since then. I've always liked Arcanine and Excadrill but I've never used them on a team before so I plan on using them here. Electivire is one of my all time favorites and is not only versatile but strong and speedy, so it gets a spot on my team. And since I like to have a Flyer on my team I chose Braviary since you get it at such a convenient point in the game (unlike in the previous ones) and I've used it in a past in-game team to pretty good results.

And since this is just going to be an in-game team, I'm just going to try and get them all with natures that don't work against their strong points and teach them the best moves available throughout the journey. Saving all the breeding and EV training for a competitive team after the main quest.

Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post

I ALWAYS start out with the Water Starter for my first playthrough of a game, so Samurott will be my choice from the beginning. I only used Lucario once for an in-game Pearl team, so I'm interested in using it since it's available so early on and I haven't trained one since then. I've always liked Arcanine and Excadrill but I've never used them on a team before so I plan on using them here. Electivire is one of my all time favorites and is not only versatile but strong and speedy, so it gets a spot on my team. And since I like to have a Flyer on my team I chose Braviary since you get it at such a convenient point in the game (unlike in the previous ones) and I've used it in a past in-game team to pretty good results.

And since this is just going to be an in-game team, I'm just going to try and get them all with natures that don't work against their strong points and teach them the best moves available throughout the journey. Saving all the breeding and EV training for a competitive team after the main quest.
    I can appreciate the mixture of Pokemon from various generations, but your team has one major weakness: Ground. Four members of your team are weak to ground-type moves. For places where you'll be finding a lot of wild Pokemon that use Ground-type moves, like caves, you might want to consider having a tag-in Pokemon, so that you don't have to rely so heavily on Samurott and Braviary. Especially when you consider one of the Gyms is a Ground-type user.

But, that's just my personal take.

^ Click to see what I'm up to in-game! ^

Credit to Creative Worlds
    Click her to visit her home!

Part 3: Enter Albert

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    I can appreciate the mixture of Pokemon from various generations, but your team has one major weakness: Ground. Four members of your team are weak to ground-type moves. For places where you'll be finding a lot of wild Pokemon that use Ground-type moves, like caves, you might want to consider having a tag-in Pokemon, so that you don't have to rely so heavily on Samurott and Braviary. Especially when you consider one of the Gyms is a Ground-type user.

But, that's just my personal take.
    I didn't even notice that! haha

But as far as in-game goes, I think I'll be able to deal with it. With the right moveset, Samurott can pretty much handle all the Ground types on its own, so I'm not too worried. And we all know you can pretty much defeat a majority of the trainers in-game if your Pokemon's levels are a little higher, which they usually become through the course of the game anyway.

Hello there I am new to this site though I have been playing Pokemon since red and blue.

Since I have never done so before I am probably going to mix things up a bit when I get Black 2 by firstly not keeping my stater all the way through. I am hoping to have a replacement Pokemon by the second gym. I am also planing a team of nine ( six main and three rotation) since this in game team also includes the post e4 stuff.

My team will probably be something like this:
    Umbreon (Has always been on of my favorites since the original gold and silver and is a must since I never used in properly in the soul silver remake).
    Ninetales (Again my number one all time favorite since the begining and now thanks to the Hidden Grotto s I can try out
    Drought Ninetales).
    Ariados/Skuntank/Toxicroak
    Flygon/Manectric/Tropius
    Golurk ( I have always wanted to try one of these and have never got round to it)
    Galvantula/ ??????? (I never got round to using one in my original Black game and I might put it in there until I can get my Manectric though this slot is up for debate/ suggestions).

To be honest I will probably pick either Aridos or Toxicroak over Skuntank though I have never actually tried any of the three before and felt like having a poison dual type as one of my main six. Plus the breeding center isn't until post-e4 and I am not too keen on Skuntank's hidden ability compared to it's normal Aftermath one.

This is not set in stone however and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Hmmm...I've never used Tepig before...I guess I'll end up picking him, even though I thought the Charmander/Torchic lines were cooler...
    I just wish Gamefreak would retire this Fire/Fighting evolution line thing with the fire starters...Anywho!
    Every generation we go through that Fire Starter ritual and they don't deliver. GF Y U NO GIVE DRAGON/STEEL/ETC TO FIRE STARTER!!

I guess Emboar will fill my slot for a fire type, and fighting type...I wanted to use Lucario too because of his coolness and wide movepool, but I don't wanna double up on fighting types....He's still up in the air....
    I plan on using a Grass type, so I may use Tropius for that, and double as a flyer.
    I HAVE to have a water pokemon on my team, and I was thinking of Floatzel maybe, but I'm not too fond of the water types in the Unova Pokedex...
    True, the Water Types of Unova may not attract many, but still there are good choices here and there. Here is a number of Pokemon I think are quite effective In-Game wise.

Azumarill: Versatile in the physical attacks between Water, Fighting, Rock, Ice... etc. Aside from the fact it has a good design and nice defensive stats, the ability Huge Power is just sweet.

Vaporeon: It is Vaporeon, the Water Fox. What is there to talk about really that hasn't been discussed before? The wonderful supporting role it does to help the team? The perfect abilities to suit its duties? All is good.

Carracosta: A great addition to any In-Game team. When I started my journey in Unova in White, the Turtle was a solid member who always delivered. Carracosta has a beautiful design and great physical powers and a nice Solid Rock ability. Yesterday, I breed my Adamant Carracosta and got a Baby Tirtouga with the same nature and a great attacking characteristic. On my future team that I posted here, Carracosta wasn't a first choice but now I seriously consider it.

Ability: Solid Rock
    Adamant @ Leftovers / White Herb / Mystic Water
    Aqua Jet
    Earthquake
    Shell Smash / Curse
    Smack Down / Stone Edge

Again, this is an In-Game Set I use at times before facing tougher competition. The Item of choice is subjected to ones desire in recovery, stats, STAB Power increase. The moves are simple with Aqua Jet as as an annoying move to many foes. Earthquake works as coverage. Shell Smash and Curse are a matter of debate, as some people prefer the defense increase over the decrease with Shell Smash. However, since this is In-Game you can go with it as you wish. Smack Down is good too, but if you desire more power then Stone Edge and Rock Slide are available.

Jellicent: A Ghost Water Pokemon. Simple as that.
    Starmie: Starmie is one of the coolest Pokemon since Generation 1, and it still defends its place after many years. Wonderful Pokemon that I always regret not using ever on my saves.

Lapras: A surprise addition indeed. The Dragon is... wait a sec... OK.. scrap that. The Ferry Pokemon has many advantages when implemented in attacking roles. However, I'm not talking about the usual Special Sets... No.

Ability: Water Absorb
    Adamant @ Leftovers / Mystic Water
    Waterfall
    Drill Run
    Outrage / Avalanche
    Dragon Dance

Ta-daa! An In-Game Physical Set for Lapras. It is a very interesting choice for Lapras as the majority expect a special one. The Attack Stat is equal to that Special One on the Ferry Pokemon, so I came up with this after I saw the move-pool. Waterfall is the STAB move. Drill Run is now available thanks to the move tutors an it is a great addition. Outrage is also a new gift and is more than capable of hurting different foes. Avalanche is another STAB if Outrage is not chosen. Finally, there is Dragon Dance where both Speed and Attack are increased to accommodate this late sweeper. There is of course the usual Special Set with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, and Heal Bell or Toxic.

So far, all I can think of for my future White 2 (Or Black 2) team is: Emboar, Tropius, (Lucario?), and (Floatzel?)
    Still undecided about the last two...Do you guys pick your teams with the Gym Leaders in mind, or the Elite Four?
    Whenever I start a new journey, I keep two things on my mind: my two teams.

We all know that Unova has two main phases that we have to complete, and because of that we need two Pokemon Teams for each adventure. The first team has to accommodate with what the PokeDex made available since the start. The other is based on bigger challenges that lay ahead like the World Tournament and let us say old surprises in the game.

In-Game Team:

When I look at my path through Unova, I don't fix my eyes only on the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four but also the other opponents I'm facing. So, I take into consideration people like my Rival (Hugh) and his strong team, Team Plasma Leaders (I won't name them not to spoil the game on some readers), and of course the Pokemon Champion who is meant to be stronger than the rest.

My team for the first phase may have Pokemon like: Serperior, Glaceon, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Carracosta, Reuniclus, Galvantula, Eelektross, Zoroark, Lucarioo, Volcarona, Arcanine...

As you can see, I'm still not sure on whose gonna be in my starting Six...

Competitive Phase:

The second team in this section is something I call: the Main Team. This team is formed with Pokemon that not only reflect each player's direction (Stall, Attacking, Balanced, Weather Teams.. etc.) but also their personal preference in the Pokemon design and typing. That team will function as your identity both In-Game and Competitively.

Look at the teams of the former Champions and Gym Leaders (Also in the World Tournament), and find things that you like or think are close to you.

The team I formed a while back: Porygon2, Togekiss, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Swampert, Scizor. As for the backup guys: Rotom (Many forms), Metagross, Dragonite and others.
    Last edited by SunRiver; 3rd October 2012 at 6:41 PM.
    In war, truth is the first casualty ~ Aeschylus

Default Black 2 Team

I'm still tinkering with ideas on Black and White 1 but here is my current ideas for a Black 2 team.

Torkoal

Relaxed Nature

Skill: White Smoke

-Eruption
    -Heat Wave
    -Body Slam
    -Curse

Torterra

Adamant Nature

Skill: Shell Armor

-Wood Hammer
    -Leaf Storm
    -Synthesis
    -Curse

Carracosta

Quiet Nature

Skill: Solid Rock

-Body Slam
    -Ancient Power
    -Hydro Pump
    -Wide Guard

Kangaskhan

Brave Nature

Skill: Scrappy

-Chip Away
    -Endure
    -Outrage
    -Reversal

Dragonite

Brave Nature

Skill: Multi Scale

-Thunder Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dragon Pulse

Sudowoodo

Impish Nature

Skill: Rock Head

-Wood Hammer
    -Stone Edge
    -Foul Play
    -Hammer Arm

I'm not sure which Items to use for them though Any recommendations would be appriciated.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    I'm still tinkering with ideas on Black and White 1 but here is my current ideas for a Black 2 team.

Torkoal

Relaxed Nature

-Eruption
    -Heat Wave
    -Body Slam
    -Curse

Torterra

Adamant Nature

-Wood Hammer
    -Leaf Storm
    -Synthesis
    -Curse

Carracosta

Quiet Nature

-Body Slam
    -Ancient Power
    -Hydro Pump
    -Wide Guard

Kangaskhan

Brave Nature

-Chip Away
    -Endure
    -Outrage
    -Reversal

Dragonite

Brave Nature

-Thunder Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dragon Pulse

Sudowoodo

Impish Nature

-Wood Hammer
    -Stone Edge
    -Foul Play
    -Hammer Arm

I'm not sure which Items to use for them though Any recommendations would be appriciated.
    If you are going with torterra I would suggest earthquake and crunch. Seed bomb would be good to.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    If you are going with torterra I would suggest earthquake and crunch. Seed bomb would be good to.
    I might do that. Thank you for the tip.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Here is my planned team for Pokémon Black 2.
    I need tips for the natures and held items.

Ability: Blaze
    ? @ ?
    Hi Jump Kick
    Flare Blitz
    Thunder Punch
    Stone Edge

Ability: Tinted Lens
    ? @ ?
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Sleep Powder
    Roost/?

Ability: Overgrow
    ? @ ?
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer
    Stone Edge
    Leech Seed

Ability: Super Luch or Moxie
    ? @ ?
    Brave Bird
    Night Slash
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Ability: Levitate
    ? @ ?
    Dark Pulse
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Surf

Questions:

1.) Would it be worth switching Honchkrow for a Altaria, considering that already have a Hydreigon in my team?

2.) Would it be worth switching Torterra for a Venusaur. If so, why?

3.) Garvedoir or Froslass? Which would fit better in my team?

4.) Anyone here used Meloetta? Is it overpower like some legendaries? I may want it in my team, but one OP Pokémon is more than enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post

Here are some suggestions to your Ground-weakness, meet Sawsbuck:

Sawsbuck:
    Ability: Serene Grace (Since it's given to you)
    -Horn Leech
    -Megahorn
    -Shadow Ball
    -Jump Kick
    (This is solely for coverage purposes)

Sawsbuck:
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Item: Miracle Seed
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Seed Bomb/Energy Ball
    -Jump Kick
    (I kind of wanted to play around with Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Chlorophyll)
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Main Team (Y):

Main Team (X):

I might do that. Thank you for the tip.
    No problem. I've used torterra many times and always thought seed bomb, earthquake, and crunch were good moves for it. Leach seed is also good =)

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post

Sawsbuck:
    -Horn Leech
    -Megahorn
    -Shadow Ball
    -Jump Kick

Sawsbuck:
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Seed Bomb/Energy Ball
    -Jump Kick
    I second this.

I would switch Arcanine for Sawsbuck.

For White 2, I've decided to go with a couple Pokémon I haven't used before. I'm planning for my in-game team to consist of:

Serperior
    Overgrow
    - Leaf Blade
    - Aerial Ace
    - Cut
    - Slam/Giga Drain/Aqua Tail
    Will choose Snivy to be my starter Pokémon. I'm planning to go with either Slam or Giga Drain for the last slot, but will replace with Aqua Tail when I get the chance.

Ampharos
    Static
    - Discharge
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Punch
    - Signal Beam
    Still slightly unsure about the moveset, but it will most likely be like that.

Azumarill
    Sap Sipper
    - Aqua Tail
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Waterfall
    I'm getting this as a Marill from my White, so I can go with Sap Sipper for the ability.

Umbreon
    Synchronize
    - Faint Attack
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dig
    - Psychic
    Last three are pretty much filler moves I can teach him via TM, but if there is anything better I'm willing to replace.

Delcatty
    ???
    - Facade/Return
    - Wild Charge
    - Fake Out
    - Zen Headbutt
    I like the Pokémon, but I'm not sure about it now. I'm more than willing to replace it with something else. Suggestions? May replace with Espeon.

Flygon
    Levitate
    - Strength
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earth Power
    Earth Power will be replaced with Earthquake as soon as it is possible.

As I said, I'm wanting to replace Delcatty with something different, but other than that I don't want any others to be switched for something else. Excluding Umbreon, which will be switched with Espeon if I happen to catch a female Eevee. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Stardastarly; 4th October 2012 at 4:50 AM. Reason: adjusting movesets

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    For White 2, I've decided to go with a couple Pokémon I haven't used before. I'm planning for my in-game team to consist of:

Serperior
    Overgrow
    - Leaf Blade
    - Aerial Ace
    - Cut
    - Slam/Giga Drain/Aqua Tail
    Will choose Snivy to be my starter Pokémon. I'm planning to go with either Slam or Giga Drain for the last slot, but will replace with Aqua Tail when I get the chance.

Ampharos
    Static
    - Discharge
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Punch
    - Signal Beam
    Still slightly unsure about the moveset, but it will most likely be like that.

Azumarill
    Sap Sipper
    - Aqua Tail
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Dive
    I'm getting this as a Marill from my White, so I can go with Sap Sipper for the ability.

Umbreon
    Synchronize
    - Faint Attack
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dig
    - Psychic
    Last three are pretty much filler moves I can teach him via TM, but if there is anything better I'm willing to replace.

Delcatty
    ???
    - Undecided
    - Undecided
    - Undecided
    - Undecided
    I like the Pokémon, but I'm not sure about it now. I'm more than willing to replace it with something else. Suggestions? Preferably something that can learn Waterfall.

Flygon
    Levitate
    - Strength
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earth Power
    Earth Power will be replaced with Earthquake as soon as it is possible.

As I said, I'm wanting to replace Delcatty with something different, but other than that I don't want any others to be switched for something else. Excluding Umbreon, which will be switched with Espeon if I happen to catch a female Eevee. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Instead of getting a new Pokemon that can use Waterfall, just teach it to Azumarill and get rid of Dive since Dive isn't necessary in-game IIRC.

I'd switch Delcatty for Espeon; but if you want a Delcatty moveset, here's one:

-Facade/Return
    -Wild Charge
    -Fake Out
    -Zen Headbutt
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/b7jnea.png[/IMG]
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2621qpj.gif[/IMG]

That is true, I didn't really think of that. I will consider Espeon, which I could do if I can find a female Eevee, so I can use both Espeon and Umbreon. Unless I just trade one over from White. I will use that moveset for Delcatty if I cannot switch it for something else.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post

Sawsbuck:
    -Horn Leech
    -Megahorn
    -Shadow Ball
    -Jump Kick

Sawsbuck:
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Seed Bomb/Energy Ball
    -Jump Kick
    Hmmm... I've never really been a fan of Sawsbuck, so I can't see myself using it.

I like the movesets, but I'd honestly rather work my around my teams Ground weakness than use Sawsbuck.

Sawsbuck has 100 Base Attack and only 60 Base SAtk. Please, don't bother putting Special moves on it.

Sawsbuck
    Adamant/Jolly Nature, Sap Sipper ability
    ~Horn Leech
    ~Return/Swords Dance
    ~Jump Kick
    ~Faint Attack

Chlorophyll is useful only in a Sun team, while Serene Grace is pretty much useless on something like Sawsbuck.

Torkoal
    Relaxed Nature
    -Earthquake
    -Heat Wave
    -Body Slam
    -Curse

Torkoal is way too slow for Eruption.

Torterra
    Adamant Nature
    -Wood Hammer
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Curse

No one use Torterra without teaching it Earthquake. Good luck getting an Adamant DW Turtwig, by the way.

Carracosta
    Quiet Nature
    -Return
    -Ancient Power
    -Hydro Pump
    -Earthquake

This is a better set, I think.

Kangaskhan
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    -Chip Away
    -Rock Slide
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

Endure-Reversal is unreliable, IMO. Also, Brave is a bad Nature for Kangaskhan since it reduce her decent Speed.

Dragonite
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Aerial Ace/Fly
    -Dragon Claw

Brave is a no for Dragonite, since that Nature reduces its Speed. Fire + Dragon has awesome coverage, so you can go with a Flying STAB for the other move.

Sudowoodo
    Impish Nature
    -Wood Hammer
    -Stone Edge
    -Double-Edge
    -Earthquake

Foul Play is unreliable, since it heavily depends on foe's Attack stat.
    comments in bold
    And yes, many of your team members love Earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post

Serperior
    Overgrow
    Adamant Nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Return
    - Coil
    - Aqua Tail

Seriously? Cut? Also, definitely go with Aqua Tail for the last move. Slam is useless.

Ampharos
    Static
    Lonely Nature
    - Discharge
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Punch
    - Signal Beam

It's pointless to have both Discharge and Thunderbolt, replace one of them with Focus Blast or Brick Break. Since yours has Fire Punch (and maybe Brick Break as well), you'll need the Lonely Nature to boost its base 75 Attack.

Azumarill
    Sap Sipper
    Quiet/Brave Nature
    - Return
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Waterfall

Having Surf and Waterfall is enough, Aqua Tail is not needed there. Go with Return instead for the Water + Normal coverage.

Umbreon
    Synchronize
    Brave Nature
    - Payback
    - Curse
    - Return
    - Toxic/Iron Tail

MUCH better.

Delcatty
    Cute Charm/Wonder Skin
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Facade/Return
    - Wild Charge
    - Fake Out
    - Zen Headbutt

Normalize is a largely useless ability, so don't pick that one. Another set for Delcatty

Delcatty
    Modest Nature, Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ability
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Hyper Voice
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Beam

Flygon
    Levitate
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

yep, replace Earth Power with Earthquake as soon as possible. Strength is not needed as soon as all the rocks are down the hole, so replace it with Fire Punch.
    comments in bold

Want to see my shinies? Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Almost all of my Pokemon have a single ability,but I would like suggestions for those with two:

Swanna-Keen Eye or Big Pecks
    Probopass-Sturdy or Magnet Pull
    Scrafty-Shed Skin or Moxie
    Pinsir-Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker

Also Please Suggest items for my Black 2 and White 2 Teams:

Black 2-
    Serperior
    Magmortar
    Swanna
    Probopass
    Scrafty
    Pinsir

White 2-
    Samurott
    Electivire
    Crobat
    Darmanitan
    Flygon
    Zoroark
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

This is my team for black 2. It's set in stone and I don't want to change even if their are 2 of the same types, you'll see. What I need help in is if Emboar should use brick break or superpower and if Croat should use zen headboard or confuse ray. Anyways, this is my team:

Emboar
    Sawsbuck
    Jellicent
    Muk
    Magneton (not magnezone ) - eviolite?
    Crobat

That's it. So again, I mostly need help on items and 2 move debates. Please reply and thanks .

EDIT.
    I have decided to use a magnezone since it will cover much more than a magneton. Possibly making the magnezone hold a choice scarf which will boost its speed...is this a better option?
    Last edited by Reddyll; 4th October 2012 at 6:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Here is my planned team for Pokémon Black 2.
    I need tips for the natures and held items.

Ability: Blaze
    ? @ ?
    Hi Jump Kick
    Flare Blitz
    Thunder Punch
    Stone Edge

Ability: Tinted Lens
    ? @ ?
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Sleep Powder
    Roost/?

Ability: Overgrow
    ? @ ?
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer
    Stone Edge
    Leech Seed

Ability: Super Luch or Moxie
    ? @ ?
    Brave Bird
    Night Slash
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Ability: Levitate
    ? @ ?
    Dark Pulse
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Surf

Questions:

1.) Would it be worth switching Honchkrow for a Altaria, considering that already have a Hydreigon in my team?

2.) Would it be worth switching Torterra for a Venusaur. If so, why?

3.) Garvedoir or Froslass? Which would fit better in my team?

4.) Anyone here used Meloetta? Is it overpower like some legendaries? I may want it in my team, but one OP Pokémon is more than enough to me.
    Quoting myself because no one replied to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Almost all of my Pokemon have a single ability,but I would like suggestions for those with two:

Swanna-Keen Eye or Big Pecks Both in and out the game you are slightly more likely to come across defense lowering moves than accuracy ones.
    Probopass-Sturdy or Magnet Pull Sturdy is good if you are worried about one hit KO moves but since this an in game team and outside of the in game steel types are more common than one hit KO moves this will just help prevent them switching out with things like choice scarf when it doesn't go their way. Though both are good really.
    Scrafty-Shed Skin or Moxie if only because shed skin can easily be replaced by having another Pokemon use heal bell for example and unlike moxie it is not guaranteed to work where at least you know you will get an attack boost if Scrafty's opponent feints.
    Pinsir-Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker Just means that things like Levitate wont stop its attacks from working which is always good.

Also Please Suggest items for my Black 2 and White 2 Teams:

Black 2-
    Serperior Leftovers/ Big Root depending if you have a hp stealing grass move or not.
    Magmortar
    Swanna
    Probopass
    Scrafty
    Pinsir Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Expert Belt

White 2-
    Samurott Leftovers
    Electivire
    Crobat
    Darmanitan
    Flygon
    Zoroark
    Suggestions in bold.

To be honest I am not 100% sure on what items to give your Pokemon other than depending if you want your Pinsir to have a boost in either speed or attack then you will want the scarf or band respectively. If you don't want to risk getting stuck with the same move than Expert belt is another option providing you get super effective hits on your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddyll View Post
    This is my team for black 2. It's set in stone and I don't want to change even if their are 2 of the same types, you'll see. What I need help in is if Emboar should use brick break or superpower and if Croat should use zen headboard or confuse ray. Anyways, this is my team:

Emboar
    Sawsbuck
    Jellicent
    Muk
    Magneton (not magnezone ) - eviolite?
    Crobat

That's it. So again, I mostly need help on items and 2 move debates. Please reply and thanks .

EDIT.
    I have decided to use a magnezone since it will cover much more than a magneton. Possibly making the magnezone hold a choice scarf which will boost its speed...is this a better option?

Honestly for Emboar I would use Brick break if only because it is easy to get as a TM, has the added effect of destroying light screen and reflect and I just prefer it in general. But that is just my opinion and I am no expert when it comes to the two.

As for Crobat it really depends what kind of role you want it to play as well as what its other two moves are. If it is a support role then confuse ray can be useful but if not then Zen headbutt is always good.

Edit: I meant three moves but if you really can't decide you could always use both depending.
    Last edited by Leosnake; 4th October 2012 at 6:30 PM.

Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast