Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Thank you for the Move set help Shine. I think I'll use them.

On another note, Does anyone know which items I should put on my team?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post

Torkoal
    Relaxed Nature
    Skill: White Smoke
    -Earthquake
    -Heat Wave
    -Body Slam
    -Curse

Torterra
    Adamant Nature
    Skill: Overgrow
    -Wood Hammer
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Curse

Carracosta
    Quiet Nature
    Skill: Solid Rock
    -Return
    -Ancient Power
    -Hydro Pump
    -Earthquake

Kangaskhan
    Adamant Nature
    Skill: Scrappy
    -Chip Away
    -Rock Slide
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

Dragonite
    Jolly Nature
    Skill: Multi Scale
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Aerial Ace/Fly
    -Dragon Claw

Sudowoodo
    Impish Nature
    Skill: Rock Head
    -Wood Hammer
    -Stone Edge
    -Double-Edge
    -Earthquake
    I don't know if that information helps so i just quoted it to be safe.
    Last edited by Astrint; 4th October 2012 at 8:18 PM.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

can't say much...just that I'm getting it tomorrow, the day it comes out in canada, and I don't really have a team plan/game plan...I think any pokemon trainer that actual plans their team, is way too serious about these games...I like to play, and capture as I go...especially since it's been a while since I played a completely brand new adventure(I have not looked up ANY walkthroughs or huge spoilers and don't plan on doing so)...so ya...I don't want anyone to take it personally, I just think planning your team isn't that great...takes the surprise and fun out of it since you know what weaknesses you'll have planning a team...

Serperior
    Overgrow
    Adamant Nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Aerial Ace
    - Cut
    - Aqua Tail

Seriously? Cut? Also, definitely go with Aqua Tail for the last move. Slam is useless. - This is an in-game team, that's why cut is there. I don't believe in using HM slaves, so I always give an HM or two to those who can learn them. I also do not like using Return because I like to know exactly how strong it will be. Coil I don't like using on Serperior, and I was going to use Aqua Tail anyway, however I will be using Slam in the spot until I can get it to learn Aqua Tail - or if.

Ampharos
    Static
    Lonely Nature
    - Discharge
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Punch
    - Signal Beam

It's pointless to have both Discharge and Thunderbolt, replace one of them with Focus Blast or Brick Break. Since yours has Fire Punch (and maybe Brick Break as well), you'll need the Lonely Nature to boost its base 75 Attack. - Discharge is so I can attack two Pokémon at once, while Thunderbolt is so I can still use an electric move while attacking just one.

Azumarill
    Sap Sipper
    Quiet/Brave Nature
    - Aqua Tail
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Waterfall

Having Surf and Waterfall is enough, Aqua Tail is not needed there. Go with Return instead for the Water + Normal coverage. - Once again, Surf and Waterfall are there because of reasons I have already mentioned. Aqua Tail is a strong move it learns early on, so I'm going to keep it as a move that it will know throughout the game. Nature can't be changed, as I already have this Pokémon on White, ready to be traded over.

Umbreon
    Synchronize
    Brave Nature
    - Dig
    - Faint Attack
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball

MUCH better. - All of the moves you have listed there are learnt by Umbreon either as a TM, through Move Tutor, or an Egg Move. Therefore, would be almost impossible for me to use going through the main game, catching it as an Eevee in Castelia.

Delcatty
    Cute Charm/Wonder Skin
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Facade/Return
    - Wild Charge
    - Fake Out
    - Zen Headbutt

Normalize is a largely useless ability, so don't pick that one. Another set for Delcatty - I'm not planning out the ability. I'm going with what I get. Same with the natures on every Pokémon.

Delcatty
    Modest Nature, Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ability
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Hyper Voice
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Beam - I don't want to use Delcatty.

Flygon
    Levitate
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Strength
    - Fly
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earth Power

yep, replace Earth Power with Earthquake as soon as possible. Strength is not needed as soon as all the rocks are down the hole, so replace it with Fire Punch. - Fire Punch is only available via Move Tutor, so I can't use it. Keeping Strength for reasons already mentioned. This team is mainly for before I beat the Elite Four, so Earthquake won't be an option yet.

Please try and remember that this is for when I am playing through the game, not for the Battle Subway or anything. A lot of the moves you had mentioned would be impossible for me to obtain before beating the Elite Four. Natures I'm not planning out, as I will do what I always do - go with what I find. Although thanks for trying to help.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    can't say much...just that I'm getting it tomorrow, the day it comes out in canada
    What.
    What store.

Also I plan to use a . So glad I don't have to use stupid honey.

(I live in Canada)
    Last edited by HoodCane; 4th October 2012 at 9:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    can't say much...just that I'm getting it tomorrow, the day it comes out in canada, and I don't really have a team plan/game plan...I think any pokemon trainer that actual plans their team, is way too serious about these games...I like to play, and capture as I go...especially since it's been a while since I played a completely brand new adventure(I have not looked up ANY walkthroughs or huge spoilers and don't plan on doing so)...so ya...I don't want anyone to take it personally, I just think planning your team isn't that great...takes the surprise and fun out of it since you know what weaknesses you'll have planning a team...
    I'm probably going to do a run through like that in Pokemon White 2, just to fill my Black 2 pokedex with trades, but the team I've planned for Black 2 is a competitive team that I want to raise in-game rather than trading over insanely high level pokemon that I can't use until I have all eight badges.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

just picked up my copy today! weeee pretty excited to get started. Some guy was selling them locally when i went into pre-order (indy shop) and he had them already and just sold me one. I chose white 2.
    Pokemon white FC: 3783 0916 9428

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    I'm probably going to do a run through like that in Pokemon White 2, just to fill my Black 2 pokedex with trades, but the team I've planned for Black 2 is a competitive team that I want to raise in-game rather than trading over insanely high level pokemon that I can't use until I have all eight badges.
    So true, I always get frustrated when I can't have the proper Pokemon at my disposal early in the game.

In Black & White we had to wait midway through the adventure to get Pokemon like Jellicent and Ferroseed and Joltik which ruined the experience to some extent.

That is why I'm trading some eggs and newborns to the new game as soon as I get it and trading becomes available. I want a great portion of my team to form early as I level them up which will make it more satisfying.
    In war, truth is the first casualty ~ Aeschylus

On my first run of the US game I will be using:
    Dewott - Yes, Dewott
    Snivy - I want to create somewhat of a challenge for myself
    Tepig - See above
    Muk
    Flygon
    Zangoose

This will be interesting for me, so don't judge!

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlemasterr View Post
    (Only)Black 2 team will be:

Samurott

Ferrothorn

Volcorona/Chandalure

Krookodile

Scrafty/Lucario

Hydreigon
    Since Genesect come at lvl. 15 I will likely be using him at some point. Though I always try not to use a Legendary pokemon during my play-through and elite four run, in Black/White you were made to use Zekrom/Reshiram during the final battles so know knows. I don't really care to find out now though what happens. I will wait and see for Black 2.
    Anyway if I decide on using Genesect it will likely replace, Ferrothorn as my Grass type and I will do with Steel/Bug.

Samurott

Ferrothorn/Genesect

Volcorona/Chandalure(Whichever comes first. Likely, Litwick)

Krookodile

Scrafty/Lucario(Whichever comes first but I'd prefer to use all Gen 5 pokemon for my playthrough)

Hydreigon
    Apprentice to The Mighty Accelguard

BLACK OG FC:2322 6000 4025
    BLACK 2[/B] FC:4986 2742 8302
    3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
    <Mega! <-Wifey!

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    I was just talking about me. People can use whoever or whatever they wish, if they can. Personally, my options are a bit more open because I do have the ability to use my other games to create a full team from the get go.
    Same here as well

(Only)Black 2 team will be:

Samurott

Ferrothorn

Volcorona/Chandalure

Krookodile

Scrafty/Lucario

Hydreigon
    3 dark types is a lot and because of that it makes your team highly vulnerable to super effective fighting moves as 4 pokemon are weak to it. It is a good looking team though just thought I would point that out

Since Genesect come at lvl. 15 I will likely be using him at some point. Though I always try not to use a Legendary pokemon during my play-through and elite four run, in Black/White you were made to use Zekrom/Reshiram during the final battles so know knows. I don't really care to find out now though what happens. I will wait and see for Black 2.
    Anyway if I decide on using Genesect it will likely replace, Ferrothorn as my Grass type and I will do with Steel/Bug.

Samurott

Ferrothorn/Genesect I used an event Celebi to play thru my White1 version. It cleaned Iris' clock, obliterated Clay, and assisted well against N and Ghetsis, but I couldn't use it until I beat Elesa because of its level. Point being, it's perfectly OK to use event legendaries for in-game playthrus, even if it is kind of cheap when they're overlevelled.

Volcorona/Chandalure(Whichever comes first. Likely, Litwick) Volcarona can be caught fairly early on, after you clear Castelia Sewers and beat Burgh, gaining access to Relic Passage which leads to the Relic Castle's basement, and a Lv.35 wild Volcarona. Litwick is all the way in Celestial Tower, accessed after you beat Skyla.

Krookodile

Scrafty/Lucario(Whichever comes first but I'd prefer to use all Gen 5 pokemon for my playthrough) Scraggy is on Rt.4/Desert Resort, but Riolu is in Floccesy Ranch. Don't worry about having 3 Dark-types on an in-game team, it's not like the AI will catch on and change trainers' teams to counter you. :P

Hydreigon
    Comments emboldened.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    This is an in-game team, that's why cut is there. I don't believe in using HM slaves, so I always give an HM or two to those who can learn them.
    I honestly don't remember having to use Cut to proceed with B/W 2's storyline.

I also do not like using Return because I like to know exactly how strong it will be.
    102 base power at max Happiness, which it will eventually get anyway.

Coil I don't like using on Serperior
    Boosts the power & accuracy of Aqua Tail, as well as boosting the power of Leaf Blade & Return. You sure you don't want it?

I was going to use Aqua Tail anyway, however I will be using Slam in the spot until I can get it to learn Aqua Tail - or if.
    It should, Aqua Tail is a great move for Serperior.

Once again, Surf and Waterfall are there because of reasons I have already mentioned.
    I know, I never told you to remove them.

Aqua Tail is a strong move it learns early on
    Same goes for Surf and Waterfall, both are strong moves you can teach to it as soon as you get the HM. Really, Aqua Tail is pointless, and by the time you get the HMs, the Happiness should be maxed already, giving Return its maximum 102 base power.

Nature can't be changed, as I already have this Pokémon on White, ready to be traded over.
    You still have enough time to breed a new one.....and it being on White means it should already knew Surf & Waterfall, making Aqua Tail even more pointless.

All of the moves you have listed there are learnt by Umbreon either as a TM, through Move Tutor, or an Egg Move. Therefore, would be almost impossible for me to use going through the main game.
    You have access to trading with White, use it. And none of them is a Tutor move. Payback, Return, and Toxic are TM moves, Curse and Iron Tail are Egg moves.

I'm not planning out the ability. I'm going with what I get.
    I strongly suggest not. Normalize heavily cripples Delcatty's coverage, it is so bad it's on the same trash can as Zen Mode.

I don't want to use Delcatty.
    Well you said you'll use it if you don't have any other option, so I gave you a set.

Fire Punch is only available via Move Tutor, so I can't use it. Keeping Strength for reasons already mentioned.
    You get 10 red shards for free in....Nimbasa's Pokemon Center, if I recall correctly. It's definitely in one of the places before Driftveil, though.
    That can be used to teach your Flygon the move Fire Punch.

In terms of base power, Strength is weaker than Return at max Happiness, and as a HM, like I said, Strength is useless once all the rocks are pushed down the hole.
    There's really no point in keeping Strength after that.

This team is mainly for before I beat the Elite Four, so Earthquake won't be an option yet.
    Again, you have trading access with White, certainly you should already have the TM for EQ in your White.

Please try and remember that this is for when I am playing through the game, not for the Battle Subway or anything.
    I don't do Competitive or Subway battles so I never gave suggestions based on that.

A lot of the moves you had mentioned would be impossible for me to obtain before beating the Elite Four.
    ....if you don't have access to trading, that is. But you have.

Natures I'm not planning out, as I will do what I always do - go with what I find.
    To be honest, getting a new Nature isn't that hard

Good luck on your playthrough, by the way. You have great team members

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I just caught a Smeargle on Soul Silver that I was going to transfer to Black 2 after beating the Elite 4. I want to teach it at least 2 moves via sketch but I'm not sure which ones. Right now I was thinking of Transform, Eruption, Zap Cannon, Pay Day, the signature move of a legendary Johto Pokémon, Fusion Flare, Sacred Sword, Blue Flare, Gear Grind or Assist. Smeargle's nature is Naughty by the way
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 5th October 2012 at 4:40 AM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Fighting one of those weird warrior cosplayers again who are now after Calem for some reason
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Smeargle cannot sketch transform Mr.Munchlax.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Just an FYI, I'm ENRAGED about the fact that I have to trade for a Leafeon! Now onto the Pokemon team that I will use...

Pokemon Black 2 Team(At the Elite 4)

For Starters, I can only think of Samurott(I'm indiffrent to snivy and tepig is, just, no replacement for chimchar ). Next I will get my trusted Stoutland, and add a Metagross during the latter stages. And Finally, the token three(that I will Imediantly replace after beating the game) are Lucario, Ampharos, and Arcanine. And before ANYONE points it out, yes, there are NO flyers on my team! I am, after all, a Pokemon Breeder that prefers to Walk/Run/Ride around the map. But I will get a Mandibuzz before I get a Metagross to take on the Elite 4.
    Last edited by firerank9; 5th October 2012 at 7:01 AM.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    Comments emboldened.
    Yeah I hear you both. Usually I don't plan, I just make changes according to what I get first, but as this is a sequal and I know which pokemon are in it I'd like to go with what I like for once instead of what I need. Thanks!
    Apprentice to The Mighty Accelguard

BLACK OG FC:2322 6000 4025
    BLACK 2[/B] FC:4986 2742 8302
    3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
    <Mega! <-Wifey!

White 2 team:

Emboar (starter) Zoroark (Trading lvl 10 Celebi event zorua from my white) Keldeo (100% legit, just got it in the event =)) Electivire (Not much to say about this, i will catch it in-game) Braviary (The one of the desert)

About the last one idk what to do, i have some options:

- Use the level 15 event genesect < Most likely
    - I need something to do waterfall but i dont like any users -_- And i already have a water type
    - I also like Krookodile

not sure whether to run a mixed luke or a physical one, opinions?

mixed luke:

(mild/naive)
    - ice punch
    - aura sphere/extremespeed
    - dark pulse
    - close combat

notes: aura sphere because close combat has low pp for in-game

physical luke:

(adamant/jolly)
    - sword dance
    - extreme speed
    - close combat (8pp)
    - ice punch

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Smeargle cannot sketch transform Mr.Munchlax.
    Yes it can. Have a faster Ditto/Mew use it and then Sketch. I've done it before in HG/SS so it should work in B/W.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniteftw View Post
    not sure whether to run a mixed luke or a physical one, opinions?
    I think you can do good with a Mixed luke, but thats just my opinion.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Only 2 days for my Pokémon Black 2 Game, and my team is:
    Planned Omega Ruby Team:
    ///

Quote Originally Posted by HoodCane View Post
    Yes it can. Have a faster Ditto/Mew use it and then Sketch. I've done it before in HG/SS so it should work in B/W.
    No it can't. There are certain moves that cannot be sketched and transform is one of them.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It's going to be...

I'm sick of the old generations (1 to 4), so I'm taking another Unova team with me.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 6th October 2012 at 11:18 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

So i got my two keldeo, i plan on soft resetting for a modest one, my other one came out timid. Good nature? And sketch can be used on transform as long as the move fails due to sleep or another status.
    Last edited by Crimson_Blazer; 6th October 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast