Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I honestly don't remember having to use Cut to proceed with B/W 2's storyline.

102 base power at max Happiness, which it will eventually get anyway.

Boosts the power & accuracy of Slam & Aqua Tail, as well as boosting the power of Leaf Blade & Return. You sure you don't want it?

It should, Aqua Tail is a great move for it.

I know, I never told you to remove them.

Same goes for Surf and Waterfall, both are strong moves you can teach to it as soon as you get the HM. Really, Aqua Tail is pointless, and by the time you get the HMs, the Happiness should be maxed already, giving Return its maximum 102 base power.

You still have enough time to breed a new one.....and that also means it should already knew Surf & Waterfall, making Aqua Tail even more pointless.

You have access to trading with White, use it. And none of them is a Tutor move. Payback, Return, and Toxic are TM moves, Curse and Iron Tail are Egg moves.

I strongly suggest not. Normalize heavily cripples Delcatty's coverage, it is so bad it's on the same trash can as Zen Mode.

Well you said you'll use it if you don't have any other option, so I gave you a set.

You get 10 red shards for free in....Nimbasa's Pokemon Center, if I recall correctly. It's definitely in one of the places before Driftveil, though.
    That can be used to teach your Flygon the move Fire Punch.

In terms of base power, Strength is weaker than Return at max Happiness, and as a HM, like I said, Strength is useless once all the rocks are pushed down the hole.
    There's really no point in keeping Strength after that.

Again, you have trading access with White, certainly you should already have the TM for EQ in your White.

I don't do Competitive or Subway battles so I never gave suggestions based on that.

....if you don't have access to trading, that is. But you have.

To be honest, getting a new Nature isn't that hard

Good luck on your playthrough, by the way. You have great team members
    On top of this, you(Stardastarly) could just use the Move Deleter to delete the HMs you don't need once you get to the league(Cut, Strength iirc).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    No it can't. There are certain moves that cannot be sketched and transform is one of them.
    In Generation II, it can't. In Generation III and up it can. Have you tested? I just did on SS and it worked fine. I'll throw up a video in a minute.

Here you go: https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1349483380858.mp4 Stay until the notice at the end.
    Last edited by HoodCane; 6th October 2012 at 2:33 AM.

Serperior
    Starmie
    Magnezone
    Lucario
    Altaria
    Azumarill

Any weaknesses to cover, or anything to help my team?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Ok, I already have my White2 team planned out, but I think Black2 needs some work. I have-

White2-

Serperior

Arcanine

Lapras

Magnezone

Crobat

Flygon

And for Black2, I have

Emboar

Sawsbuck/Roserade (you guys can leave preferences)

Swanna

Ampharos

Now here's the two I'm not sure about-

Grumpig

Beartic

I like how Grumpig and Beartic seem to tie my team together, but something just seems off... Feel free to leave suggestions for anything

How's this?
    -Lucario
    -Serperior
    -Flygon
    -Arcanine
    -Golduck
    -Crobat

So far, I only have a few moves planned: Dragon Pulse and Bone Rush at some point for Lucario, Surf and Ice Beam(?) for Golduck, Outrage and Thunder Fang on Arcanine, and Fly for Crobat.

Pokemon that didn't quite make it: Ampharos, Aggron, Skarmory, and Magnezone
    Author thread post:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...6&postcount=80
    Claims: Archeops, Rival Silver, and Zoo Tycoon 2

Favourite Pokémon: (etc)

So I think I finally decided, after countless times changing and noticing
    I had too many Pokemon that were super effective against ground. This
    is what I'm going to play in-game;

Emboar
    Electivire
    Flygon
    Espeon/Zoroark
    Krookodile
    Seel/Lapras

Super effective types only show up twice at most.
    (unless I choose Zoroark, then I'd have three with SE torwards fighting moves)
    Pokemon will always have 1-2 STAB attacks and the rest will be picked whether
    they are better at attack or special attack stat.

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

I really need help making a team based off Emboar, please PM/VM me if you could help me...
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

As for the starter, I'll go for Snivy; of all three, I never got to facepalm at this particular one yet, so, since the other two suck as well, I might as well raise the challenge level a notch (yipee, first main save playthrough with a Grass starter by the way). Then I'll get meself a Riolu and evolve it ASAP. Next, Magby. Then Zubat and Eevee, evolve Eevee into Vaporeon ASAP. Then maybe I'll get a Joltik for extra coverage. And after I make it to Celestial Tower, I'll switch Magmar for Litwick. Then grind it like there was no tomorrow and evolve it all the way up to Chandelure.

"Place the pistol down, now give the gun a spin, soon as the spinning stops, oh no the game starts in"

I plan on choosing Tepig and catching Riolu. Yes, extremerisk due to sametyping. But Lucario's movepool, Corless' ironclad team, and the fact Kyurem is Ice gives two fighting types an edge in that sense...
    I plan on 4 set in stone team members...
    Tepig (Never played through with this bro)
    Riolu
    DW Eevee (Going to evolve it to Espeon)
    Zorua (because it's just that cool)

as for the other 2, one will be an HM slave of course, and the 6th one is subject to change...
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Pokemon Black and White 2 is coming to me in 2 days and I can’t wait to get started. With the game coming out so soon, I guess it was time to post my final team, I just need one final help with what items my Pokémon’s should hold. P.S - I want every member to have a different hold item. Here's the team:

@ Leftovers
    - Flame Charge
    - Brick Break
    - Scald
    - Thunder Punch

Emboar is probably my least favorite from the 3 starters. But, I’ve used Serperior over a billion times and it’s so good but I got so bored of using it. While, Samurott just doesn't suit my preference. I decided to use flame charge on Emboar instead of flamethrower. Giving it also Brick Break, since fighting type moves will be a big help in-game. Scald is to surprise other fire-types and unexpected opponents thinking of why I have a water-type move on Emboar. Finally thunder punch is to kill off all the water-types trying to assault me. All-out offensive move set.

@ Life Orb
    - Horn Leech
    - Return
    - Jump Kick
    - Swords Dance

Sawsbuck is actually an equally balanced and good pokemon to use depending on stats. I also find it really cool that it changes forms depending on seasons giving it a better edge than using an ordinary grass-type like Roserade and Serperior. I gave it a shadow ball to shock other ghost-type pokemon thinking they can't touch me. Also giving it return, jump kick and swords dance. Return and jump kick, no need no explanation. Swords dance is just to give Sawsbuck that little boost of power when attacking.

@ Dread Plate
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dark Pulse

Jellicent and Octillery was my final battle to take the spot of first choice water-type in my team. With Jellicent edging it out very slightly, Surf is a must in-game (no question). Ice beam is just to give Jellicent that adrenaline of being a beast pokemon in my team. Energy ball is another surprise move to psych out other water-type Pokémon’s. And finally, the move dark pulse gives me so much support to kill off Pokémon’s attacking my Sawsbuck, Muk and Crobat.

@ Black Sludge
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Dig
    - Ice Punch
    - Flamethrower

Muk is probably the most fun member to use and probably the most annoying. I'm probably going to give it "Black Sludge" depending on what you guys think. Sludge Bomb or Poison Jab, that was a really hard choice but SB got that extra 10+ power to kill PJ. I needed a ground-type move and sadly Muk can't learn earthquake, but dig is just as good. Ice punch is too give extra support in-case something happens to Jellicent, who is pretty low in HP. And another support move, flamethrower. In case something happens to Emboar.

@ Magnet
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - Signal Beam
    - Tri-Attack

Magnezone was no question the hardest member to pick in my team, going against Galvantula and Jolteon. Galvantula was really tempting to use because of his accuracy with compoundeyes and move pool. Jolteon was another too having the ability to absorb electric-moves. But Magnezone had that little bulk of having steel-type. Allowing me to be able to use flash cannon is huge. I also gave it thunderbolt just for pure might, every electric-type pokemon must have thunderbolt. Signal beam and tri-attack are just good moves to support my team.

@ Wide Lens
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Fly
    - X-scissor
    - Confuse Ray

And finally, there's Crobat. My captain and my favorite pokemon, easiest decision for the team. I surely needed fly in-game, luckily it’s also a fairly strong flying-type move. Zen headbutt was a big back-up move to have to kill off other Pokémon’s I’m weak to, working similar to dark pulse on my Jellicent. X-scissor was also a big move to have because it’s a strong bug-type move and it may be useful in-game. And confuse ray is just to annoy my opponents and catching legendary Pokémon’s.

That’s my final team guys. Hope you like it, if there’s anything to change I will take all comments in open arms to change anything which will help my teams. Can you guys please help me give my Pokémon’s items to hold for in-game. Thanks for everything guys.
    Last edited by Reddyll; 6th October 2012 at 9:46 PM.

@Redyll

Get Horn Leech > Shadow Ball. You can run Nature Power for teh lulz but you shouldnt really. Yeah, you clear Marlon like butter since you have three Pokemon with a grass/electric move.

If I'm not mistaken, I think you can't get ice beam before Drayden, so run Blizzard in the Laucosona PKMN centre first, I may be wrong though.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Will life orb go with horn leech Sawsbuck? Do i need a ghost type move, is it big in-game?
    Thanks 4 ur suggestions, what do u think my other team members should hold?

So I want some final revisions on my White 2 Team before tomorrow. So here goes:

Samurott: (M)
    Ability: Torrent
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Hydro Pump
    -Megahorn

Crustle: (M)
    Ability: Sturdy
    -X-Scissor
    -Rock Wrecker/Slide
    -Shell Smash/Shadow Claw
    -Earthquake

Lucario: (M)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flash Cannon
    -Ice Punch

Electivire: (M)
    Ability: Motor Drive
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Earthquake

Delcatty (F)
    Ability: Cute Charm
    -Assist
    -Blizzard
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Return

Altaria: (F)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly

Crobat: (M)
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing
    -Cross Poison
    -Return

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    So I want some final revisions on my White 2 Team before tomorrow. So here goes:

Samurott: (M)
    Ability: Torrent
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Hydro Pump
    -Megahorn

Crustle: (M)
    Ability: Sturdy
    -X-Scissor
    -Rock Wrecker/Slide
    -Shell Smash/Shadow Claw
    -Earthquake

Lucario: (M)
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flash Cannon
    -Ice Punch

Electivire: (M)
    Ability: Motor Drive
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Earthquake

Delcatty (F)
    Ability: Cute Charm
    -Assist
    -Blizzard
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Return

Altaria: (F)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly

Crobat: (M)
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing
    -Cross Poison
    -Return
    switch return for acrobatics on Crobat?
    ~Black 2 team~ ♥

Tomorrow is the release so i post again .

Leaf Blade
    Coil
    Dragon Tail
    Aqua Tail

Dragon Pulse
    Fire Blast
    Dark Pulse
    Surf

Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute
    Pain Split

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Ice Punch

Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Baton Pass

Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Fly

#me final team
    Last edited by Gai; 7th October 2012 at 1:10 AM.
    ~Black 2 team~ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Ain View Post
    switch return for acrobatics on Crobat?
    Well I don't want to use Acrobatics because I don't normally use items, so no power boost, and Return is always good on friendly pokemon.

Also, when is the earliest you can get Skitty? Because I know it's in Castelia through the sewers, but do you need Surf?

Hey Guys, is Genesect worth using. Being a bug/steel type he can be really annoying to kill but also 4x to fire making it very vulnerable. All i want to know is that is he worth it to be in a pokemon team. Since now people in the US can get it early.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddyll View Post
    Hey Guys, is Genesect worth using. Being a bug/steel type he can be really annoying to kill but also 4x to fire making it very vulnerable. All i want to know is that is he worth it to be in a pokemon team. Since now people in the US can get it early.
    US players can't get Genesect early. The event starts tomorrow. However, being a legendary I would want to believe that it's worth taking a shot at using it. But if you want to use Techno Blast, it sucks because you can't get the Drives until post-game.

US players can't get Genesect early. The event starts tomorrow. However, being a legendary I would want to believe that it's worth taking a shot at using it. But if you want to use Techno Blast, it sucks because you can't get the Drives until post-game.
    I think Reddyll meant that the games are coming out early. They were originally planned to be released in or just after December of this year in the US. I pre-ordered them in May and the original delivery estimate was January 13th 2013.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Well I don't want to use Acrobatics because I don't normally use items, so no power boost, and Return is always good on friendly pokemon.

Also, when is the earliest you can get Skitty? Because I know it's in Castelia through the sewers, but do you need Surf?
    Acrobatics gets a power boost when the user doesn't hold an item. 110 damage as a result of the power boost is a great amount of damage for a lightning fast Pokemon like Crobat.

I <3 Quagsire

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    I think Reddyll meant that the games are coming out early. They were originally planned to be released in or just after December of this year in the US. I pre-ordered them in May and the original delivery estimate was January 13th 2013.
    Actually no, he was talking about whether Genesect is good or not. Games coming out early has nothing to do with that since the event starts tomorrow. And you're also wrong since by May the release date was Fall 2012, and was also assumed to be in October so no, you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    Here is what I got so far for my planned White 2 team.
    Any suggestions for movesets is appreciated.

Samurott
    (I hope to get a neutral nature or something)
    -Surf
    -X-Scissor/Megahorn
    -Ice Beam
    -Return/?

Lucario
    (Neutral nature or something)
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Punch

Scolipede
    Adamant nature
    -Aqua Tail
    -Rock Slide
    -Strength/Megahorn(will replace Strength after all boulders are taken care of)
    -Earthquake

Lilligant
    Modest nature
    -Quiver Dance
    -Sleep Powder
    -Petal Dance
    -Giga Drain

Ninetales
    Modest nature
    -Flamethrower
    -Nasty Plot
    -Energy Ball
    -Dark Pulse

Flygon
    (something neutral probably)
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Fly (my flyer)
    -Earth Power/Earthquake
    -Fire Punch/Crunch

Well that's it. But any other move suggestions are welcome. Probably one or two of these might be bred in my Black.
    I posted this on page 96 but never got a reply.
    FUTURE ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Will be soft reseting for Shiny Treecko. Shiny Salamence will be from Y as a Bagon.
    Might even try getting a Shiny of the others with DexNav, Hordes, and Chain Fishing.

ADVENTURE STARTING DECEMBER 25TH.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

I'm still debating whether or not to use Keldeo on my team or an Azumarill. Any help?

The only thing that can beat a dragon...is another dragon. And ice. Oh, and fairies too.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

@Redyll

Even competitively, Sawsbuck found use for Horn leech since it is the only physical grass move it can learn, if I'm not mistaken. Shadow Ball is practically unneeded unless for the two E4 - Ghost and Psychic, both of which your teammates can do it for you. Crobat has X-Scissor, Magnesone has Signal Beam and a steel typing and Jellicent has Dark Pulse, so shadow ball on Sawsbuck is redundant :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Serperior
    Starmie
    Magnezone
    Lucario
    Altaria
    Azumarill

Any weaknesses to cover, or anything to help my team?
    The worst you have is 3 weaknesses to fire, but you also have 3 resistances to fire, so I wouldn't worry.

You could replace Azumarill or Starmie though, since they are both water types.

I don't have a good suggestion for Azumarill yet because everything I think of ends up imbalancing the team. If you replace lucario, then I'd suggest Darmanitan or Arcanine (unless you're okay with 3 weaknesses to ground).

Or for Starmie, I'd suggest a good psychic type like espeon.

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    And for Black2, I have

Emboar

Sawsbuck/Roserade (you guys can leave preferences)

Swanna

Ampharos

Now here's the two I'm not sure about-

Grumpig

Beartic

I like how Grumpig and Beartic seem to tie my team together, but something just seems off... Feel free to leave suggestions for anything
    Your white 2 team is definitely fool-proof. As for this team, It's really hard to give advice since these are some unpopular pokemon (for this thread I'm saying).

Despite that, I think that team will work fine. There are no cases which 3 pokemon have the same weakness and each pokemon have distinguished roles. My only annoyance here is Swanna. I guess it's cool if you want to use him for Surf and fly though.

I wouldn't be worried about Grumpig and Beartic. Grumpig has the decent overall stats to abuse calm mind, and beartic can tank through people with Bulk Up. Plus, he can use great moves like Superpower, Icicle Crash, Bulldoze, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, even Aqua Jet.

Lastly, Between Sawsbuck and Roserade is a tough choice. Sawsbuck will help with your team's physical side (Swanna won't do much, so you only have Emboar and Beartic); but Roserade is strong and can use toxic spikes for the tougher battles (*cough* Iris). Sawsbuck has a large attacking movepool, but Roserade can use a leech seed set, special attacking (includes using Shadow Ball), or a [Entry-Hazard/Toxic/Protect/Giga Drain] set. I'd personally go with sawsbuck though.

Hope this helped. I felt like posting so I could see the teams I planned on using lol.

I would try going through with what you have here. It's a nice "underdog" team that has good potential IMO.
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast