Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    127

    Default

    So, i've decided to pre-think my team for Black 2~ i decided to use the starter I haven't used before, wich is Tepig, also decided to make a team of 5 again, so i can easily have a free spot for HM slaves etc, I used a team of 5 on Black and it worked wonders~ also want to use pokemon I've never used before, so, so far my team would be this, any suggestions are welcome!:


    Emboar
    -Flare Blitz
    -Wild Charge
    -Hammer Arm
    -Head Smah/EQ


    Tangrowth
    -Power Whip
    -Nature Power
    -Focus Blast
    -Sludge Bomb
    I'm not sure about this guy, i want to use a grass-type but I'm not sure, I've never used this one, and i really like it, so i'd love to give it a go, but i've also considered...


    Leavanny
    -Leaf Blade
    -X-Scissor
    -Return
    -Aerial Ace/Shadow Claw
    I love it's design, i hate the fact it evolves by happiness but I'm not sure~ I really cant decide wich one to use.

    Now for a water type, I decided to use...

    Vaporeon
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Toxic/Signal Beam


    Excadrill
    -Metal Claw/Iron Head
    -EQ
    -Rock Slide
    -Shadow Claw

    And, still can't decide on a fifth member, was considering Haxorus, maybe changin Excadrill for Krookodile, Crustle (if i don't use Leavanny) maybe Zebstrika °_°... any ideas are welcome!

    3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

  2. #2102

    Default

    i mean you said you want to use a grass type, leavanny is a grass type, plus with two grass types and leavannys x4 weakness you have three pokemon weak to fire and a x8 weakness.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:



    Name: Fox


    Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

  3. #2103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    Also a flying type will lol at 3 of his Pokemon too.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  4. #2104
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Just hit virbank city, currently my team is
    Abra - lvl 15
    Monferno - lvl 17
    Drillbur - lvl 13
    Oshawott - lvl 10
    Dratini - lvl 10
    Elekid - lvl 13

    I'm also trying to find pokestar studios :|
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  5. #2105
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Just hit virbank city, currently my team is
    Abra - lvl 15
    Monferno - lvl 17
    Drillbur - lvl 13
    Oshawott - lvl 10
    Dratini - lvl 10
    Elekid - lvl 13

    I'm also trying to find pokestar studios :|
    PokeStar studios is to the north of Virbank iirc. Just keep going north and you'll find it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  6. #2106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Anyone can recommend a good flying type that is available early in Pokemon Black 2?

  7. #2107
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    PokeStar studios is to the north of Virbank iirc. Just keep going north and you'll find it.
    Thankss found it
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  8. #2108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    Anyone can recommend a good flying type that is available early in Pokemon Black 2?
    There's a stationary Mandibuzz with its DW ability on Rt.4 every Saturday, or at least I think it's Saturday, I'm not entirely sure.

  9. #2109
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hey guys so for Pokemon White 2 team I plan on using a mix of Pokemon from different regions but I'm still struggling to decide on my 6th member. The choice is between Honchkrow or Weavile so any advice to help me decide between these two would be great. Any other comments on my team would be appreciated too

    1. Samurott

    2. Lucario

    3. Gengar

    4. Ampharos

    5. Flygon
    Last edited by Tempest44; 11th October 2012 at 12:00 PM.

  10. #2110
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Ah tomorrow it will finally be released here *damn you lucky americans...*

    So I think it would be time to plan a team:

    -Samurot
    -Lucario
    -Ampharos
    -Flygon
    -Arcanine

    And one more I don't know yet. :P
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  11. #2111
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Got both games earlier today in Australia. I started on Black 2 and I'm currently n Castelia City now. I also synced up Black 2 to Global Link and also got myself a Female Mold Breaker Druddigon.
    Oh yeah! In Floccesy Ranch, the first Pokemon that showed up was a Riolu! ^_^

    Current Team:

    Emile (Dewott) Lv.18
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Focus Energy
    ~ Rock Smash
    ~ Razor Shell
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Jolly


    Leon (Riolu) Lv.19
    ~ Work Up
    ~ Quick Attack
    ~ Force Palm
    ~ Counter
    Ability: Steadfast
    Nature: Mild


    Flint (Magby) Lv.18
    ~ Smog
    ~ Faint Attack
    ~ Ember
    ~ SmockScreen
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Naive


    Druddigon Lv.13
    ~ Scratch
    ~ Hone Claws
    ~ Bite
    ~ Sucker Punch
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Naughty


    Anyone got a nickname for Druddigon?
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 11th October 2012 at 12:30 PM.

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  12. #2112
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    There's a stationary Mandibuzz with its DW ability on Rt.4 every Saturday, or at least I think it's Saturday, I'm not entirely sure.
    Thanks!But I think I will go with Sigilyph instead.But thanks anyway.And I think the Mandibuzz appears on Thursday....

  13. #2113
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    408

    Default

    I was thinking a long time about my first team in Black 2 (as shown in my sig). When i first heard about hard mode, i wanted to try a fire only team out. Since i have to beat the champ first, i needed a team for the first run as well. Afterwards i heard a Keldeo event was coming to a city nearby, so i got Keldeo for my first run. I picked my starter, Oshawott, and prepared Bayleef and Monferno on Heartgold who would be transferred to Black 2 through White 1. The last two pokémon would be Flygon, because i need a pokémon with fly and Bisharp, because he looks cool.

    For my fire team (also in my sig) i immediately picked my favourite pokémon of all time, Charizard. Next would be the fire starter in Unova, Emboar. The third choice was Arcanine, 'cuz he's a pretty cool pokémon and available early in the game. Fourth choice was Heatran, i got the lv.50 Heatran from Platinum and put it on White 1 so it's ready for transfer. My fifth choice was Volcarona. I wanted to catch the underleveled one in Black 2, but i hatched a Larvesta with modest nature in White 1 so i changed my plans. Sixth and final choice was Chandelure. A ghost/fire type with decent speed and sp.attack would be a nice final choice for my team.

    There, those are my choices. Here's hoping i don't get yelled at by the admin..
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718


    Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Sableye, (event shiny) Metagross

    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

  14. #2114
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest44 View Post
    Hey guys so for Pokemon White 2 team I plan on using a mix of Pokemon from different regions but I'm still struggling to decide on my 6th member. The choice is between Honchkrow or Weavile so any advice to help me decide between these two would be great. Any other comments on my team would be appreciated too

    1. Samurott

    2. Lucario

    3. Gengar

    4. Ampharos

    5. Flygon
    I was faced with the exact same choice for my dark Pokemon- Honchkrow or Weavile so I feel obliged to help. In the end, I chose Weavile because in my opinion, its cooler looking and has a better typing (well, for my team it did...)

    If you're deciding based on which Pokemon will balance your team out the best...

    Weavile

    Advantages:

    Weavile will be able to take out grass, ground, flying and dragon types- along with the obvious psychic and ghost types due to his dark typing.

    His ice typing will come in useful when you face the dragon Pokemon later in the game.

    He looks pretty badass.

    Good attack + movepool.

    Disadvantages:

    The type advantages he offers are mostly already covered by your team. Ground type Pokemon are covered by Samurott, Flying type Pokemon are covered by Ampharos and you could say Dragon types are already covered by Flygon. So, the only real type advantage Weavile offers for your team is Grass (along with psychic and ghost)- however, grass could already be covered by your team if Gengar has poison moves.

    If you want an ice type to take out dragons (instead of another dragon), then Samurott can learn a few very decent ice moves- including ice beam and blizzard.

    Fire type Pokemon may be a problem, as they could take out Lucario (steel) and Weavile (ice). Although, this isn't much of a problem really as your team would still be very balanced.

    Honchkrow

    Advantages:

    Honchkrow has a type advantage over grass, bug and fighting types- which are types not really covered by your team currently- as well as psychic and ghost types.

    Honchkrow could serve as your flyer- so Flygon (who has access to a lot of powerful dragon and ground moves) could learn some more powerful moves instead of wasting a slot on Fly.

    Honchkrow also looks badass. It also has good attack and a very good movepool.

    Disadvantages:

    If you pick Honchkrow, you'll have two Pokemon weak to electric types on your team (Samurott and Honchkrow) and you must also consider how two of your team (Honchkrow and Flygon) would be vulnerable to ice types. However, this isn't really a problem. Its just worth noting. It'd only be a problem if 3 or more of your team were disadvantaged against a certain type.

    If you teach Flygon a flying move (it can learn fly or aerial ace), then the types Honchkrow covers will already be covered by your current team (except for psychic).



    ---

    So, in short, both Pokemon are hugely similar (good movepool, good attack stats, offer many type advantages). If you pick Weavile, you have type advantages over grass, ground, flying and dragons- but ice moves can be learnt by Samurott. If you pick Honchkrow, you have type advantages over bug, grass and fighting- but flying moves can be learnt by Flygon. Either way, you cannot go wrong so its now down to general preference...

    I hoped all of the above helped. Didn't mean to write an essay, but I had half an hour to fill. By the way, your team is great. I like how it includes Pokemon from all 5 generations.
    Last edited by Miror B...; 11th October 2012 at 6:20 PM.

  15. #2115
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Beat Burgh yesterday in Black 2, now moving on to Nimbasa. Team's coming along pretty well.

    -Pignite Lv.25
    -Azumarill Lv.22
    -Magnemite Lv.22
    -Cottonee Lv.23

    The future surrounds us.

    Let us begin.




  16. #2116

    Default

    This is my current team for White2. I didn't have a pre-planned team as usual and didn't quite know what to expect from White2. After I got Magnemite, I quickly realized how broken it was, for me at least. I used it solo for 4/8 gyms and abused Thunder Wave to get my 4th badge. So far I love this team. Only problem, no Dragon-type...which is new for me.
    I am now @ Victory Road and my plan for this team is to add a Dragon as soon as I can.

    Smurfin o' (Samurott) (F) Lv. 56
    -X-Scissor
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -Revenge
    @Amulet Coin ©Torrent

    Sci-Fi (Magnezone) Lv. 54
    -Thunder Wave
    -Flash Cannon
    -Charge Beam
    -Discharge
    @Leftovers ©Sturdy

    MISSINGNO. (Porygon2) Lv. 57
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Tri Attack
    @Eviolite ©Download
    Note: Bred and traded from Black to take on Drayden. Last moment decision and am not regretting it one bit.

    Toph (Krookodile) (F) Lv. 53
    -Crunch
    -Strength
    -Foul Play
    -Bulldoze
    @BrightPowder ©Moxie
    Note: In-game Moxie = wow...

    ...and Ducklett the Fly-Surfer

  17. #2117
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8

    Default

    B2 and W2 are out tomorow in England! As I hate the 3 starters from b&w I am going to use an alternative starter traded from black, thinking about using a dream world gible as my starter as I have never used garchomp before, not sure about the rest of my team yet. Im just waiting on a reply on dream world thread for a female dw gible so I can breed my starter
    BLACK FC: 4513 8181 0418
    BLACK 2 FC: 3010 5971 2185

    Loving Nadine Coyle


  18. #2118
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Since BW2 are coming out tomorrow, I've been thinking about my team and I decided to go for a remake of what I did in Emerald. A monotype team of Fire

    I'll probably use Emboar (I don't like it, but let's give the fire pig a chance), Arcanine, Chandelure, Volcarona, Camerupt and Darmanitan. Flareon is another option but I think I really want to try those 6 ^^

    They're all attackers, but have good coverage and this will surely be a good challenge to keep things interesting.



        Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

    Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

  19. #2119
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Lol i wasn't going to use both tangrowth AND leavanny, i was just considering wich one of them both to use,
    anyways, i did some re-thinking and right now i think my team will be:

    Emboar
    Leavanny
    Vaporeon
    Haxorus

    and still can't decide on a 5th one, considered:
    Crustle
    Carracosta
    Ampharos
    Weezing

    help me choose the 5th member?
    Last edited by pink; 11th October 2012 at 11:24 PM.

    3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

  20. #2120
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    My team didn't go exactly as I originally planned but whatever. As of right now I have:
    Emboar
    Golduck
    Krookodile
    Heracross
    Aggron
    Gligar

    I'll be evolving Gligar when I'm able to. I didn't plan to use Golduck, Krookodile, Heracross, or Aggron for Black 2, they(Except Heracross) were suppose to be for White 2 but I forgot what I planned for what, plus I originally planned to have Tepig, Azuril, and Trapinch before the third gym, but I wasn't aware I couldn't get Trapinch until after the third gym, so I had to go with Sandile.

    Oh well, aside from Heracross I was planning on using them all one way or another so no real loss, although I'm going to have to rethink what I'm going to do for White 2. So far I know I'm going to use Snivy, Magnemite, Trapinch, and Zorua. I'll probably use Pinsir and Zubat as I was planning to use those two between the two games(Pinsir in Black 2, Zubat in White 2), it'll be a little complicated at first since I will have less Pokemon then the gym leaders until I beat Burgh(As I'll be doing Challenge Mode for White 2), I could always trade but I don't really want to(Plus I'll still have a problem with Cheren having three Pokemon and I'll only have Snivy, I'll probably just use two random Pokemon as much as I rather not do that). Oh well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  21. #2121
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Been hatching eggs all night but now I have finaly hatched a jolly dream world gible with outrage for pokemon black 2 tomorow, breeding sucks when it takes so long to get the right nature!

    I'm now thinking about doing a dragon monotype team! Probably garchomp,haxorus,hydreigon,druddigon,dragonite,sal amence. But its just an idea for now, but would be a fun new thing for me to try
    BLACK FC: 4513 8181 0418
    BLACK 2 FC: 3010 5971 2185

    Loving Nadine Coyle


  22. #2122
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Been thinking about what my team will be once I get my White 2. I think I might get

    Braviary
    Heracross
    Golurk

    Don't know about the other 3 yet :/


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  23. #2123
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miror B... View Post
    I was faced with the exact same choice for my dark Pokemon- Honchkrow or Weavile so I feel obliged to help. In the end, I chose Weavile because in my opinion, its cooler looking and has a better typing (well, for my team it did...)

    If you're deciding based on which Pokemon will balance your team out the best...

    Weavile

    Advantages:

    Weavile will be able to take out grass, ground, flying and dragon types- along with the obvious psychic and ghost types due to his dark typing.

    His ice typing will come in useful when you face the dragon Pokemon later in the game.

    He looks pretty badass.

    Good attack + movepool.

    Disadvantages:

    The type advantages he offers are mostly already covered by your team. Ground type Pokemon are covered by Samurott, Flying type Pokemon are covered by Ampharos and you could say Dragon types are already covered by Flygon. So, the only real type advantage Weavile offers for your team is Grass (along with psychic and ghost)- however, grass could already be covered by your team if Gengar has poison moves.

    If you want an ice type to take out dragons (instead of another dragon), then Samurott can learn a few very decent ice moves- including ice beam and blizzard.

    Fire type Pokemon may be a problem, as they could take out Lucario (steel) and Weavile (ice). Although, this isn't much of a problem really as your team would still be very balanced.

    Honchkrow

    Advantages:

    Honchkrow has a type advantage over grass, bug and fighting types- which are types not really covered by your team currently- as well as psychic and ghost types.

    Honchkrow could serve as your flyer- so Flygon (who has access to a lot of powerful dragon and ground moves) could learn some more powerful moves instead of wasting a slot on Fly.

    Honchkrow also looks badass. It also has good attack and a very good movepool.

    Disadvantages:

    If you pick Honchkrow, you'll have two Pokemon weak to electric types on your team (Samurott and Honchkrow) and you must also consider how two of your team (Honchkrow and Flygon) would be vulnerable to ice types. However, this isn't really a problem. Its just worth noting. It'd only be a problem if 3 or more of your team were disadvantaged against a certain type.

    If you teach Flygon a flying move (it can learn fly or aerial ace), then the types Honchkrow covers will already be covered by your current team (except for psychic).



    ---

    So, in short, both Pokemon are hugely similar (good movepool, good attack stats, offer many type advantages). If you pick Weavile, you have type advantages over grass, ground, flying and dragons- but ice moves can be learnt by Samurott. If you pick Honchkrow, you have type advantages over bug, grass and fighting- but flying moves can be learnt by Flygon. Either way, you cannot go wrong so its now down to general preference...

    I hoped all of the above helped. Didn't mean to write an essay, but I had half an hour to fill. By the way, your team is great. I like how it includes Pokemon from all 5 generations.
    Thanks for the advice Miror B! I'm glad you had a bit of spare time to reply. it was a really in depth response and thank you for the kind words about my team. I think I will be tossing up between the two for the next couple of days they are both so good. Btw I love the teams you've got going for BW2. I've always wanted to try Gallade it seems pretty cool.

  24. #2124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Been trying to keep my party maintained to my Servine, Genesect, Emboar, Herdier, Arcanine, and Samurott

    Right now I'm leveling up so i can pwn Skyla. Servine should be evolving within the next battle so i can move onto Herdier and get it to Stoutland. I really need to level up my Arcanine so I can have it ready in time for Iccirus City (should take care of that in Twist Mountain, gonna have to tweak my date to make it Winter though). I need to raise my Flaffy too so that Ampharos can just thunderbolt it's way through Skyla. My Tranquill is only useful when I want it to fly since I can't teach it Aerial Ace (it's current move set sucks). Thanks to old Team Plasma I now have a Zurua, level it up by 4 and I'll have Zoruak.

    I wanna trade my Honchcrow over so I can just wipe everyone out but I'll just stick to my main party.

    Wish I had bought the guide book so I could actually see what pokemon the Gym Leaders actually have, helps me develop my party order but oh well.

    Now that I think about it, who am I going to boot for Reshiram/Kyurem?
    Last edited by Ksmoove; 12th October 2012 at 2:06 AM.

  25. #2125

    Default

    You do know Serebii.net has gym leader data, right? Who needs a guidebook when Serebii tells you everything the guidebooks do, as well as everything the guidebooks hide?

Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •