Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2800

Thread: Official BW2 IN-GAME Team Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    If you want a dragon on your team and are patient, Dragonite is a good choice as well. It doesn't learn many flying moves but it learns wing attack and hurricane and can be taught many flying types, including fly.
    The Dratini line can only be obtained post-game, though. Unless trading is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    I'm getting ready to get Genesect and I want one with the best nature so I can ev train later. I'm not sure what nature to get because of his ability. can anyone tell me the best nature for him?
    I personally prefer to make it Mixed (due to its ability), so for my Genesect the best Natures are Hasty/Naive/Rash/Mild/Lonely/Naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    Emboar Lv 71
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Head Smash
    -Giga Impact
    -Hammer Arm
    Replace Giga Impact with Thunderpunch/Scald, depending on its Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    the Altaria set is for kicks and giggles
    your Altaria set is actually a good one.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The Dratini line can only be obtained post-game, though. Unless trading is involved.

Well yes, they are normally available post game unless you trade for it but they are also available in the dream world and you can grab it from there before you complete the game, unless they've changed that in the dream world after the maintenance.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

oops, sorry, I completely forgot about DW

Yeah you still can obtain one via DW.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

What are people's opinions between Conkeldurr and Scrafty for a Pre-E4 team? I am debating on which one to use for the W2 team in my sig (if I stick with the team). Right now I have Conkeldurr, but the popular opinion is Scrafty (Since a majority of people don't have trade access for Conkeldurr). They both have amazing potential for sweeping.

-Scrafty can be evolved w/o trading, can last with Bulk Up + Drain Punch (Which compliments his low HP stat), abuse Dark Stab, and learn Ice Punch. With his bulk up-recovery method, he can stock up on moxie boosts and render the battle his.

-Conkeldurr, assuming you have access to trading, can be obtained at lv25, can also last with Bulk Up + Drain Punch, but the big selling point is Flame Orb + Guts. Bulk Up on the first turn, and suddenly your 140 base attack is multiplied by 2.25. The burn shouldn't be a worry when using Drain Punch. As for his available moves, he gets stone edge from Lvl up, Payback if you try this against Ghosts/Psychics (which I wouldn't), and most importantly Facade (140 bp with a wide range of coverage). Ice Punch isn't that necessary unless you don't run stone edge.

What do you guys think? They both have supreme advantages over the other. Scrafty can combat the Ghosts/Psychics in addition (3 e4 members), but Conkeldurr can be fully evolved at Lv 25 get unspeakable power on Turn 2 (And if you want, you can just keep him burned inbetween battles, why not), and beat 2 e4 members.
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bdb2010 View Post
    What are people's opinions between Conkeldurr and Scrafty for a Pre-E4 team? I am debating on which one to use for the W2 team in my sig (if I stick with the team). Right now I have Conkeldurr, but the popular opinion is Scrafty (Since a majority of people don't have trade access for Conkeldurr). They both have amazing potential for sweeping.

-Scrafty can be evolved w/o trading, can last with Bulk Up + Drain Punch (Which compliments his low HP stat), abuse Dark Stab, and learn Ice Punch. With his bulk up-recovery method, he can stock up on moxie boosts and render the battle his.

-Conkeldurr, assuming you have access to trading, can be obtained at lv25, can also last with Bulk Up + Drain Punch, but the big selling point is Flame Orb + Guts. Bulk Up on the first turn, and suddenly your 140 base attack is multiplied by 2.25. The burn shouldn't be a worry when using Drain Punch. As for his available moves, he gets stone edge from Lvl up, Payback if you try this against Ghosts/Psychics (which I wouldn't), and most importantly Facade (140 bp with a wide range of coverage). Ice Punch isn't that necessary unless you don't run stone edge.

What do you guys think? They both have supreme advantages over the other. Scrafty can combat the Ghosts/Psychics in addition (3 e4 members), but Conkeldurr can be fully evolved at Lv 25 get unspeakable power on Turn 2 (And if you want, you can just keep him burned inbetween battles, why not), and beat 2 e4 members.
    I say Scrafty, but speed is important to me. I feel like Conkeldurr won't get to sweep very often since it so slow. Scrafty can get above 60 base speed with a beneficial nature like Jolly, which isn't phenomenal, but its enough 9 times out of 10 in-game.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    I say Scrafty, but speed is important to me. I feel like Conkeldurr won't get to sweep very often since it so slow. Scrafty can get above 60 base speed with a beneficial nature like Jolly, which isn't phenomenal, but its enough 9 times out of 10 in-game.
    I was judging them both as bulky/slow attackers, but that's a good point when considering foes like Jellicent or even Colress's Magnezone.

But assuming you set up on something that's not threatening at all, should be able to take a hit and drain Punch to heal off all or most of the damage each turn. Of course that's in a perfect world though (but HP recovery is easier on Scrafty). It may be difficult repeating it against special types.

i'm going for an all dragon team:

1. dragonite
    2. garchomp
    3. hydreigon
    4. flygon
    5. haxorus
    6. druddigon

I don't know what all of their moves will be so maybe someone could give me some ideas.
    and the last thing i want to accomplish is to get all of these 6 shiny, that would be pretty cool.

Well Im done with the game, but I'm going to post my 5 main team members....

Drover the Espeon Lvl 62
    Ability: Synchronise
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks:
    -Hyper Voice
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam

Rikar the Lucario Lvl 61
    Ability: Justified
    Item: Scope Lens
    Attacks:
    -Ice Punch
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Strength
    -Close Combat

Magneise the Magnezone Lvl 61
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Item: Expert Belt
    Attacks:
    -Flash Cannon
    -Thunder Wave
    -Thunderbolt
    -Lock-On

Zero the Darmanitan Lvl 61
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Item: Charcoal
    Attacks:
    -Dig
    -Hammer Arm
    -Fire Punch
    -Thrash

Guss the Amoonguss Lvl 57
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Item: Black Sludge
    Attacks:
    -Giga Drain
    -Toxic
    -SolarBeam
    -Clear Smog

So yeah... :P

I've pretty much done everything in B2 except PWT so i plan on getting W2 with challenge mode ^^.
    Here's the team.

Samurott
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Megahorn
    Aqua Jet

Electivire
    Wild Charge
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Ice Punch

Shiny Garchomp!
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance
    Brick Break

Braviary
    Brave Bird
    Fly
    Return
    Rock Slide/Shadow Claw/Super Power

Bisharp
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Iron Head
    Brick Break

Chandelure
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball

I am not sure of Braviary's 4th move so tell me suggestions
    ~Black 2 team~ ♥

^
    Fire Fang/Rock Slide over Brick Break on Chomp, and Return over Megahorn on Samurott.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

^
    Fire Fang/Rock Slide over Brick Break on Chomp, and Return over Megahorn on Samurott.
    Return's not that necessary over megahorn. Water/Bug is resisted by only Jellicent, and he completely walls return anyway. So why not get an edge against Psychics/Darks?

It's probably the best set you can have if you want Samurott as a mixed attacker.

-

As for Braviary suggestions, it just depends on what your team has trouble covering. I'd say Superpower to cover against Rocks/Steels, especially since that lone Braviary doesn't have sheer force to buff rock slide. Shadow claw's not needed because you have Brave Bird to fight ghost types.

Water/Bug is resisted by only Jellicent, and he completely walls return anyway.
    Water/Bug is also resisted by Empoleon, Shedinja (though this one is due to its ability), Gyarados, Pelipper, Mantine, Dragonite, Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Surskit of all things (especially since it's the only Bug/Water in existence).....

Water/Normal is resisted only by Empoleon, Shedinja (due to its ability), Giratina, Dialga, and Ferrothorn. Maybe there's still one or two more, but it definitely has less counters than Water/Bug.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Water/Bug is also resisted by Empoleon, Shedinja (though this one is due to its ability), Gyarados, Pelipper, Mantine, Dragonite, Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Surskit of all things (especially since it's the only Bug/Water in existence).....

Water/Normal is resisted only by Empoleon, Shedinja (due to its ability), Giratina, Dialga, and Ferrothorn. Maybe there's still one or two more, but it definitely has less counters than Water/Bug.
    Except four of those that resist water/bug are 4x weak to ice beam. Plus you won't be fighting rayquaza, giratina in game anyway.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Except four of those that resist water/bug are 4x weak to ice beam.
    I know
    My post was strictly about the two types, not including any other moves. Obviously the coverage increases if you add more moves, but for moveset purpose, usually the talk is about coverage provided by two moves, not three or four........

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Plus you won't be fighting rayquaza, giratina in game anyway.
    I was going to say that I simply listed anything that resist it, but then downloadable tournaments for PWT says hi.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Ridiculously unbalanced and not at all what I planned, but eh, I figured I'd just use my favourites this time around and get serious when I unlock challenge mode.

[25] Simeon

[25] Pandora

[25] Fed

[25] Mitchell

[25] Dax
    Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 15th October 2012 at 9:11 PM.

Oh man, it's been awhile since I've visited the forum! Anyway, here's my White 2 Challenge Mode team as of right now! Just beat Clay and haven't gone to the PWT yet. Also, yes. It's all physical. -w-;; [I unlocked Challenge Mode already using my JP Black 2]

Calamity - Shiny Vibrava lv35 [Jolly] Levitate
    23 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 30 sp atk, 13 sp def, 31 spd
    [Moveset] Earthquake - Bug Bite - Rock Slide - Crunch
    [Future set] Outrage - Earthquake - Fire Punch - Stone Edge

Kenny - Feraligatr lv31 [Jolly] Torrent
    31 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 21 sp atk, 27 sp def, 31 spd
    [Moveset] Waterfall - Rock Slide - Ice Fang - Dragon Dance
    [Future set] Waterfall - Earthquake - Icepunch - Dragon Dance

Baron - Anorith lv34 [Adamant] Battle Armor
    31 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 31 sp atk, 31 sp def, 30 spd
    [Moveset] X-Scissor - Rock Slide - Brick Break - Swords Dance
    [Future set] X-Scissor - Stone Edge - Superpower/Aqua Tail/Brick Break - Rock Polish

Jackie - Crobat lv30 [Adamant] Inner Focus
    29 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 16 sp atk, 31 sp def, 31 spd
    [Moveset] Poison Fang - Acrobatics - Brave Bird - Confuse Ray
    [Future set] Cross Poison - Brave Bird - U-Turn - Confuse Ray

Pride - Scraggy lv32 [Adamant] Moxie
    31 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 19 sp atk, 28 sp def, 30 spd
    [Moveset] Faint Attack - Drain Punch - Ice Punch - Dragon Dance
    [Future set] Crunch - Drain Punch - Ice Punch - Dragon Dance

Victoria - Sawsbuck lv34 [Jolly] Sap Sipper
    29 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 17 sp atk, 31 sp def, 31 spd
    [Moveset] Return - Energy Ball (Useless) - Jump Kick - Baton Pass
    [Future set] Return - Horn Leech - Jump Kick/Baton Pass - Swords Dance

All bred by yours truly the old fashioned egg farming way. Wondering if I should swap out Sawsbuck for a Ponyta I had bred...

Wildfire - Ponyta lv15 [Jolly] Flash Fire
    27 hp, 31 atk, 31 def, 30 sp atk, 31 sp def, 31 spd
    [Future set] Flare Blitz - Drill Run - Megahorn - Hypnosis

^
    Megahorn is actually pretty useful, it helped my Samurott get me through some tough Dark-type and Psychic-type match-ups. And surprisingly it hardly misses for me.

Hi there. I'm relatively new to this forum, but i'll try to toe the line anyway.
    I didn't buy the original black and white because the new pokemon kinda weirded me out. But the black and white 2 look alright, so I'm just about to go and buy White 2, but just bear in mind I know very little about the 5th gen of pokemon.
    Here's a possible team I'm thinking of (Note: I'm not that fussy on natures and EV's)

Serperior
    Lucario
    Excadrill
    Braviary
    Chandelure
    Carracosta

I'm only a little concerned about Carracosta as my water type, but if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction it would help a lot.
    Last edited by GildedScizor; 16th October 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Just finished the strange house and I have to say that it's probably the most amazingly creepy places pokemon has implemented so far!!! I completely love the creepy aspects of every game and this really made it for me! any one else's opinion on the strange house? btw, my team is in my sig but I do plan on taking out the krok for an axew....also, I need a water poke...jellicent?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    Hi there. I'm relatively new to this forum, but i'll try to toe the line anyway.
    I didn't buy the original black and white because the new pokemon kinda weirded me out. But the black and white 2 look alright, so I'm just about to go and buy White 2, but just bear in mind I know very little about the 5th gen of pokemon.
    Here's a possible team I'm thinking of (Note: I'm not that fussy on natures and EV's)

Serperior
    Lucario
    Excadrill
    Braviary
    Chandelure
    Carracosta

I'm only a little concerned about Carracosta as my water type, but if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction it would help a lot.
    Well Carracosta is not available until post-game. Jellicent would be a nice choice. Or even an Azumarill. Golduck, maybe. Walrein, Dewgong, Lapras, all nice choices. Only problem is, all the good choices are late in the game.

Ok, but how many of those pokemon do you have to fight in-game for BW2? Pelipper, Altaria, Salamence post e4?

The only issues then are possibly Pelipper and Swanna (which we both forgot). Pelipper typically can't do crap, Swanna is frail, and any dragon/flying will get nailed by ice beam.

Also, ferrothorn and Surskit don't resist bug. Ferrothorn will tank everything but its weaknesses though.

Ok, but how many of those pokemon do you have to fight in-game for BW2? Pelipper, Altaria, Salamence post e4?

The only issues then are possibly Pelipper and Swanna (which we both forgot). Pelipper typically can't do crap, Swanna is frail, and any dragon/flying will get nailed by ice beam.

Also, ferrothorn and Surskit don't resist bug. Ferrothorn will tank everything but its weaknesses though.
    Pelipper and Altaria are both pre-E4, however Altaria is highly frail to Ice-type moves I've seen.

Ok, but how many of those pokemon do you have to fight in-game for BW2?
    if you count Battle Subway/PWT as in-game, then the answer is most of them, if not all.

oops, yeah. For some reason I thought Bug resist Bug and somehow I forgot Ferro is part Grass even though I remember when I typed the ones that resist Water/Normal.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Okay, my current team on White 2 is Vibrava, Durant (traded as egg from white and hatched in W2), Wailmer, Electabuzz, Crobat, and Leavanny. I'm thinking I may need to switch out Leavanny for something else. She's pulled her weight most of the time, but I don't like having two 4x fire weaknesses, and Durant is basically my unconventional replacement starter. I've looked at what my choices are, and these are the only four that need apply:
    Mienfoo/Mienshao
    Skorupi/Drapion
    Absol
    Banette

So...next ten posts with an opinion on this, tell me what to go with OF THOSE FOUR, and I'll run with whichever of them you tell me to use. Never used any of them, so it's a Win/Win/Win/Win situation. I'd be happy to provide my own advice in turn.

Can someone suggest me a good team member to complete my Black 2 Team which will be Serperior,Magmortar,Scrafty,Swanna and Probopass.I had earlier planned Pinsir but since its not available in Black 2,I will have to get another one.

The Pokemon should have the following types:

1)It should be a non-Unova Pokemon because I had decide that half of my team will be Unova Pokemon and half Pre-Unova Pokemon.
    2)It should not have a typing that's already there in my team.
    3)It should be available between the 4th and 6th gym.I have already considered the Pokemon obtainable before 6th gym and not found anyone suitable.I also don't want my Pokemon to be available too late.
    4)It shouldn't have already been used by me which has led me to not use many good Pokemon because I don't like to repeat them.

The Pokemon I am considering are arch rivals Zangoose and Seviper.
    Last edited by amittal12; 16th October 2012 at 12:25 PM.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast