Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MURDER 8: Bloody Conquest {Read the ENTIRE first post before joining!}

Default MURDER 8: Bloody Conquest {Read the ENTIRE first post before joining!}

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED! The game is over. Congratulations to the nine winners!
    NIGHT SEVEN WILL END Wednesday, September 5, 2012 around 9:00 PM EDT

Replacements must fill out the form to apply. ONLY answer the visible questions.
    Remember, you have three tries to get it right before you join the blacklist for the season.

*There have been some rule changes since last season, so pay extra attention.*

VOTING FORMAT IS AS FOLLOWS:
    PM subject line: "MURDER VIII: {your character's name}'s Vote"
    PM body must contain the boldfaced name of the character whom you wish to vote out. Example: If I had a Kingler named Ricky, you would vote me out by putting "Ricky" somewhere in the PM you send me.
    If you are voting for a ghost (can only be placed once per day), you must italicize the character name of the ghost in your PM.

REPLACEMENT SIGNUPS to be conducted via PM; the subject line will be "Murder VIII: [Username]'s Registration" if your application is to be considered. However, I must ask that you
    PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP!!! Thank you.

~Plot

There has been no war in Ransei for three years. Though the peace is still shaky, it has not shattered yet. And for the most part, people and Pokemon alike are happy. Happy, that is, until a young child from Aurora wakes up one morning to find the head of a Breloom on his doormat, and his best friend finds the lifeless body.

It is one thing to kill in war. It is another to kill in peace.

It was later determined that the victim was none other than the Commander's own best Pokemon friend, Shroomsworth. Outraged, the Commander ordered a full nation-wide investigation into the matter. To his surprise, the first major result was that the murder was not committed by any human, but rather by a Pokemon.

To take another life is the worst crime one can commit.

The evidence revealed another startling fact - the murderer left residues that are not native to Aurora. Officials concluded that the perpetrator must be a foreigner. To try and get to the bottom of this, the police rounded up every foreign Pokemon in Aurora to fight it out among themselves. Little did they know, this had gone all according to the murderer's plans...

MURDER VIII
    Bloody Conquest

~Rules

Rules will be strictly followed, so pay close attention or suffer the consequences.

~This game is very simple: 35 people will sign up and will roleplay as Pokémon in the town, a murderer included. Once 35 people sign up, Night 0 will start. I will choose the murderer completely at random, and that murderer will PM me the starting clue that will be written on the door to the Aurora National Police Station. In addition, each player will be assigned a nationality based on the game Pokemon Conquest.

~Once Day 1 starts, the others will speculate about who they think is the murderer, and vote for the person they end up thinking is the killer. As in the previous season, voting will be performed via PM to me. The PM must have the subject "Murder VIII: [Character's name]'s Vote", or it will not be counted. Disrespect via the PM system will likely result in modkill.

~Each night, the murderer will PM me the name of the character they wish to die, along with how they kill them and any clues they wish to leave. The murderer must leave at least one clue every other night.

~An in-game day lasts 4-5 real days, and an in-game night lasts 2-3 real days.

~The murderer is at any time in the game able to choose an accomplice (they will do this by PM) who is then also able to kill people and bring the total killings up to two per night! But the accomplice also has the choice to turn in the murderer at any time and get them killed, thus having everybody alive win the game. However, if the accomplice accepts they could also be killed by the murderer at any time. So watch out! If the killer is murdered and the accomplice is still alive, they can choose to resign and take the alive points, or they can become the real murderer and play it out. However, if the accomplice is killed, the murderer must finish out the game solo.

~All forum rules apply. The only exception to this is that I am allowed to double-post to update everyone on when it is night, and once the murderer has struck. If you are not able to follow the forum rules, you will be punted from this game and your soul shall be claimed by Black Kyurem. You will not be able to return to this game, and you may be banned from future seasons as well. (Black Kyurem may find you to be a tasty meal. )

~Once you are dead you must not talk to people about this game and about who the murderer is, because that would cause the game to fail. Even if you are still alive, you may not talk to others via PM, email, or anything else about this game (exception of the game thread for those who are not dead). Any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the game should be directed to ME and ME alone.

~You may edit posts this time around, since the game worked well without a complete ban on editing, though I advise you to edit only used to fix a small mistake, and if you edit you must state why you edited; be honest with me. I will be king. Stick with me, and you'll never go hungry again! It's not mine or anyone else's fault if you end up being suspected because of editing. Anyone who is caught cutting, adding, or changing significant amounts of text, or editing the same post twice, will be warned publicly the first two times, and the third offense will warrant a modkill. If I find the edit suspicious for any reason, I will question you either publicly or via PM. You may not, however, delete posts for any reason.

~Whenever you decide to roleplay (which there shouldn't be a ton of since this is a game, not an RP), put "IC" in the beginning of your post, so we know you're roleplaying. Players, including the murderer, are not allowed to post during the game's night for any reason. I will update the first post with the times for the start and end of each in-game day.

~If you break these rules once or twice you will be given a warning, and thrice you shall be modkilled!

~You must be active in order to play. If you cannot continue the game, please PM me, and I will find you a replacement. If you fail to notify me and you have not posted at least once in a given game day, you will be warned the next morning. If you continue to be AWOL for another game day, you will be modkilled at the end of that game day. Typically speaking, you should post at least once per day if you wish to stay alive.

~It seems I have forgotten to include this rule, though to be fair it should be fairly obvious that the murderer is chosen at random once registration is full.

~Killing Process

This question has come up in the Bulbagarden rendition of this game, and I just want to clarify the point. During the day, each player will vote for who they want to kill. To vote PM me with the name of your vote. Clearly identify it by putting the name of the character you want to vote for in bold. If you voted for someone but wish to change your vote, you must first recall your original vote (through PM) by underlining their character's name (this is called an "UNVOTE"), and then vote for someone else (again, by boldfacing the character's name) before the day's end. It can be in the same PM or in a separate PM, but you MUST, without a doubt, unvote before you can vote for someone else.

If no one votes during the day, the lynch will be a completely randomized process. That is, I will pull a number from a Random Number Generator and use that to determine the lynch for that day. Though the RNG is used anyway, votes are used to determine the individual probabilities of each nominated player's death. In the absence of votes, every survivor bears an equal chance of being lynched EXCEPT the murderer, who will get a 0% chance of being lynched in the absence of votes, and the Detective, who will get a double chance of being lynched.

At night, the only active players will be the murderer (or, if chosen, the accomplice), which is why it's important that no one post at night in the thread. The murderer will perform his actions by sending a PM to me with the name of the user he wants to kill, as well as any clues he wishes to leave behind. The murderer is required to leave at least one clue every other in-game night; this means on Night 3 there could be a clue, and then no clue Night 4, but there has to then be a clue for Night 5. I will post the results of the murderer's actions, and the next day will start. The process repeats until one of the following occurs:

~1. There are not enough people left at the start of the day for the innocent Pokémon to stand a fighting chance, in which case the murderer wins. The murderer also wins if, at any point in the game, he and one other player are the only ones remaining. If two people plus the murderer remain after the lynch, the murderer will kill both innocents during the night.
    ~2. The murderer is killed during a normal day/night action, in which case one of the innocent Pokémon wins.
    ~3. The murderer is modkilled, in which case no one wins.
    ~4. If there is an accomplice, the accomplice may choose at any point to hand over the murderer. In this case, the accomplice wins. If the accomplice chooses not to hand over the murderer and the murderer wins, the accomplice also wins.
    ~5. If the murderer has chosen an accomplice and is later killed off normally, the accomplice becomes the murderer. Play will continue until either of the first two conditions are met.
    ~6. If both the accomplice and the murderer are alive, and there are only three people besides them after the lynch, both the accomplice and the murderer will win.

~Council of Ghosts

The Council of Ghosts was created in the PokéBeach version of this game, in Season 3. Everyone who dies in the game (modkills excluded) will become an un-living ghost and will have the murderer's identity revealed to them. During the day, the town will cast a vote for one of the ghosts. The winner, which will be determined by a simple majority, will then PM me with the vaguest hint they can think of. If the hint is vague enough, I will post it in the thread; otherwise, the ghost will be silenced. Of course, it takes a lot of energy for a ghost to provide a hint. There is a two Night recharge period during which that ghost cannot appear again. This recharge period holds even if the ghost had failed to provide a hint for any reason.

BECAUSE IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO COME UP WITH A VAGUE HINT, IF THE PROVIDED HINT IS NOT VAGUE ENOUGH, THE CALLED-UPON GHOST WILL BE ABLE TO TRY AGAIN AT ANY TIME THAT NIGHT. Once the night is over, no more chances will be offered.

The proper format for a Council of Ghosts (CoG) vote (which you will PM as well - you can include it with the lynch vote, otherwise the subject line is to be "Murder VIII: [Character's Name]'s Council Vote") is to just italicize the name of a dead character.

~The Detective

In addition to the murderer's notes and the Council's clues, one lucky player will receive additional hints from me via PM. These hints could refer to any aspect of the murderer's identity, including any fact from outside the game that pertains to the user who is the murderer. The Detective cannot reveal him- or herself at any time. They may not directly quote my PMs. The Detective may, however, weave reasoning from my PMs into their accusations. Just don't make it too obvious.

The Detective is chosen at the start of the game and receives their first hint in a Night 0 PM.

Killing the Detective does not end the game. However, if the Detective votes to lynch the Murderer and the Murderer is lynched, the Detective will win by default. If the Detective does not vote to lynch the Murderer and the Murderer is lynched, the Detective will be fired, and all the other survivors will win.

If the Detective is chosen to be the murderer's accomplice, the Detective will immediately and automatically turn in the murderer to the authorities, essentially winning the game.

If the Detective is killed off, a new Detective will not be selected. However, the Detective is allowed to hire a single Assistant by sending me a PM during the game's night with the username of their hopeful Assistant. The Assistant will serve as a second Detective and will become the full Detective if the original Detective is killed. The Assistant cannot take an Assistant of their own while the Detective is still alive, and the Detective cannot have more than one Assistant at any given time. The Detective cannot fire their Assistant. If the Assistant is killed, the Detective must continue the game solo until they are killed themselves, or the game ends.

If there is both a Murderer and an Accomplice, the Detective must have sent in a correct vote for EACH lynch in order to claim victory.

~Daybreak Bonus

This has been unlocked by your location in an archaeological dig. At dawn of each day, one of the living will be given an item or ability. This player is chosen at random, and the gift they receive may help or hinder their game. These individuals will be notified via PM of their Daybreak Bonus. They must not disclose details about this bonus anywhere outside of a PM with myself as the sole recipient. They are advised to use discretion when mentioning whether or not they have received a Daybreak Bonus. Below is a list of bonuses that have already been conferred. All bonuses are one-time use only except where mentioned otherwise. Most items can be used by PMing me to request their use - again, except where otherwise mentioned.

• TM17 Protect - This item can be used at any time during the game's night. If they are targeted by the murderer on the night they choose to use this item, the murderer's attack will fail. If they are not attacked that night, the item does nothing. *USED NIGHT 3*
    • Magic 7 Ball - This item can be used at any time, day or night. PM me with a simple YES or NO question, and I will answer truthfully. *USED DAY 4*
    • Toxic Barb - This item is used automatically upon its owner's death. If the owner died from the lynch, exactly one of the players who voted to lynch the owner will be poisoned. If the owner is killed by the murderer or accomplice, the deed-doer will become poisoned. The poisoning will kill off that player after one day and one night have passed.
    • Single-Bullet Gun - This item ensures that the player you choose to lynch will die that day. It will not be applied until the scheduled sunset, and will only be used by owner's request at time of vote. Once the item's target is chosen, it cannot be changed. *USED DAY 5*
    • Buck Passer - If the holder of this item is lynched or killed, the target is changed to the next player in the list on the front page. *USED NIGHT 6*
    • Stun Seed - This item can be used on another player during any day or night. Their actions (vote or kill) will be voided at my next update (end of day or end of night).

If you need any more clarification, please send me a PM. I will get back to you at my earliest convenience, and your issues will be addressed in the order in which they were received.

~To sign up...

To sign up, PM me the Admissions test below using the subject header described at the top of this post. Replacements do not need to answer questions 1-5. Only those who give correct answers to questions 5-9 will be allowed to play. The answer to Question #4 must be a Pokemon from this list that is not also on this list.

If the game has already started and you want to join as a replacement, please don't post in the thread. You can sign up via PM only.

You must have a minimum postcount of 20 (posts in the Games forum do not count towards this figure). This represents your involvement in the forums, and while someone with less than 150 posts could be fit for playing in this game, most are not. I also need to know how active you are on SPPf, like how much you'll be on in a week. Normally, I'd restrict registration to returning players so I can let newcomers have a chance. But seeing how Murder VII ended so abruptly, I've decided to relax that standard this time around. As such, you can sign up to play Murder VIII even if you already played Murder VII.

~Admissions Test

For the open-ended question, you are permitted to use online or offline references to help you. You may not, however, ask another applicant for the correct response.

1. What is your username?
    2. What is your character's name?
    3. What is your character's gender?
    4. What is your character's species?
    5. How often can you get online to play each week?
    6. Once you are dead, are you allowed to communicate with the remaining players?
      A. No, not at all.
      B. Yes, by posting in the thread.
      C. Yes, only by providing the Council of Ghosts clue.
      D. Yes, by PMing players.
    7. What happens when the Detective dies?
      A. The game ends with a Town victory.
      B. The game continues with a new Detective.
      C. The game ends with a Murderer victory.
      D. The game continues without the Detective.
    8. Which of these does not need to be presented in a specific format?
      A. PM subject lines.
      B. Council of Ghosts vote.
      C. Lynch vote.
      D. Murderer's note.
    9. Who can recruit another player to share their role?
      I. The murderer
      II. The detective
      III. The town
      A. I only.
      B. II and III only.
      C. I and II only.
      D. I, II, and III.
    10. (short answer) I inserted a movie quote somewhere in the rules. Can you name the song from which that quote originates? HINT: Disney

~Past Seasons

The outcomes of the previous seasons of Murder as hosted on Serebii.
    Murder I: Haunted Mansion
    Winner: Town: Indragon
    Murderer: Vermehlo_Steele

Murder II: The Fall of the Tower
    Winner: Murderer: Buraddo_Aipom
    Accomplice: Indragon

Murder III: Mauled in Mauville
    Winner: Town: mallymkun
    Murderer: Epwna is a Sceptile

Murder IV: The Pokémon Tower Murder Trial
    Winner: Murderer: zhanton

Murder V: Isshu of Death (It's Just Unova Murder Game)
    Winner: Town: Survivors
    Murderer: mallymkun
    Saboteur: pupintheturd

Murder VI: Mystery Dungeon - Investigators of Death
    Winner: Town (It's so much easier when I don't have to choose just one player.)
    Murderer: zhanton, *Jean Grey* (accomplice)
    Detective: King World

Murder VII: Cross-Country Justice
    Winner: Town
    Murderer: ShinyRaikou
    Detective: Ninja Dog

Murder VIII: Bloody Conquest
    Winner: Survivors
    Accomplice: Mon1010
    Murderer: Rotom310
    Detective: Billy Mays
    Assistant: infernape162

~Players List

Only the users on this list (plus myself, obviously) are allowed to post in the thread. Anyone not on this list who posts in the thread will be warned publicly, and three warnings will result in a two-season ban from Murder. Further posting beyond the third warning will result in a permanent, non-expiring ban from Murder as well as a Mod report for spamming.

Images hosted by Serebii. Art credit goes to Ken Sugimori.
    1. Charizard31 - Denny (Male) {Almost every day} *Win*
    2. djhappy - Claire (Female) {Daily} *Win*
    3. *Jean Grey* - Charlotte (Female) {Every day} *Win*
    4. pupintheturd - Beth (Female) {Daily} *Win*
    5. Mon1010 - Shawn (Male) {Every day} *ACCOMPLICE - Shared win*
    6. Billy Mays - Spike (Male) {During the week and the weekend} *DETECTIVE - Shared win*
    7. Raptor737 - Sphen (Male) {Everyday} *Win*
    8. Rotom310 - Wyatt (Male) {Every day} *MURDERER - No win*
    9. Alliance - Crystal (Female) {Daily} *Win*
    10. Valoo - Cain (Male) {Every day} *Win*

~Council of Ghosts

With the exception of modkills, any player who dies by daytime vote or at the hands of the murderer will end up here. Members of the Council can give vague hints to the murderer's identity but will need 2 Game Days to recharge.
    • Richard the Luxray - digipoke1 - Called upon Night 3
    • Poix the Liligant - Skyler 99 - Called upon Night 2
    • Volty the Pikachu - ScizorFTW
    • Lake the Vaporeon - Norns
    • Caesar the Sneasel - Corinton - Called upon Night 4
    • Nicholas the Roggenrola - Bekidding
    • James the Snivy - The Eleventh - Called upon Night 5
    • Gumshoe the Infernape - infernape162 *Assistant*
    • Penelope the Piplup - Crimson Penguin
    • Alexander the Skorupi - CandleReaper
    • Cecily the Serperior - GalladeofSpades
    • Lexie the Gothorita - Paradoxe - Called upon Night 6
    • Belle the Chimecho - zhanton
    • Firenze the Glalie - Jordie
    • Cloud Nine the Dragonair - Nightfall_

REPLACEMENTS

If this list is empty and you wish to stop playing, you MUST follow this procedure:
    1. Send me a PM saying you're done playing.
    2. Find a viable replacement to fill in for you.
    3. Have that replacement read this post and follow the instructions outlined below.

If you are unable to find a replacement but have made an honest effort to find one, your character will move peacefully out of the village (if you are alive) or vaporize into thin air (if you are dead). You may choose to join again next season.

Non-players: If you wish to join this list, or if a player has asked you to replace them, send me your answers to Questions 6-10 above in a PM whose subject line reads "Murder VIII: [Username]'s Replacement Registration". (If the subject line does not appear word for word like the sample I provided, your application will be denied outright.)

BLACKLIST

Don't end up here. This is reserved for players who have been modkilled for breaking forum rules or for repeated violations of this thread's rules. The players in this list will not be able to join a future Murder game until the posted expiration; those who break the forum's rules in this thread will receive mod reports and may be banned from SPPf depending on moderator action. This includes both players and spectators.

If your name appears here but you have not broken a rule, don't panic! I use this list to keep track of anyone who has been modkilled for any reason, including an extended leave of absence.

InfernalBlaze - Temporary - expires after season 8 (White ban: replacement was not found)
    Cinna - Temporary - expires after season 8
    Devastator2000 - Temporary - expires after season 9
    a person - Temporary - expires after season 9
    Zapphire - Temporary - expires after season 9
    bobyjoe5000 - Permanent - no expiration
    Timothy mimefan Sillery - Permanent - no expiration
    donny514 - Permanent - no expiration
    Armando Payne - Permanent - no expiration
    pargalı - Permanent - no expiration
    ALL SPAMBOTS - Permanent - no expiration
    Last edited by pikalax; 2nd September 2012 at 8:48 PM.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

More people should join this. Maybe a bump will help...
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Update 13:36EST:
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
    Five slots have been claimed! There are still 30 slots available to new and returning applicants, so hurry in!

Accepted players! It is in part your responsibility to help attract more players. Do your part by bumping the thread whenever it leaves the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by pikalax View Post
    Do your part by bumping the thread whenever it leaves the front page.
    Doing as I'm told.

Are we allowed to advertise?

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Buuuuuuuuump. I don't pay much attention to advertisements...
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden193 View Post
    Are we allowed to advertise?
    Do you mean like advertise this game to others? Or advertise on this thread while we're waiting?

Credit to Robert

Probably to others

I'm trying to recruit a few people I know on here. XD Maybe they'd join. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Join people!!!

Credit to Robert

Are we definitely going to wait on the full thirty-five players?

I don't plan on joining (I may), but I thought I'd point this out:
    digipoke1 - Richard (Male) {8 days a week}
    8 days a week? Lolwut?

So? I am on Everyday, so shut it.

I'm going to add this to my signature.

My sigs full, not enough space

I invited WarG-X and DVB...hope they join. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

If any of you have low postcounts (<20), I suggest you try to bring them up before I close registration. But please, no spam and no flaming. If you get banned from the forums at any time between your registration and the end of the game, you will not be allowed to rejoin the game even if your ban period ends before the game does. A player who is banned from the forums during their season of Murder will also be barred from joining the following season.

I added the link to my sig. Hopefully more people will join.
    EPIC SIG HERE

flop flop flop flop flop

Credit to Robert

I might not be able to make every day now...

If you need to make any changes to your availability status, PM me.

Bumping to First Page
    EPIC SIG HERE

^^ What Nightfall said. Bumpity bump bump. (Just drove 500 miles to a place and back in the last few days, so excuse this little annoying blip) BUMP!
    2837 3144 7509 - SS Friend Code, Scorpio.

"Don't worry, all will end soon. All thoughts, all words, all feelings, all your love and hatred. Everything will end here! But again, don't worry, death may bring peace to your soul" - The Blue Scorpion.

They need you to click them! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Corinton View Post
    ^^ What Nightfall said. Bumpity bump bump. (Just drove 500 miles to a place and back in the last few days, so excuse this little annoying blip) BUMP!
    What Corinton said Nightfall said

(I don't even know if we are on the front page already or not, but now I know we are)

Credit to Robert

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast