Restalk
    @Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Ability: Justified
    Evs: 252HP/126Sp.def/126Def/4Spd
    Rest
    Sleeptalk
    Calm Mind
    Focus Blast/Giga Drain/Energy Ball
    Pretty self explanatory really. You Calm Mind until low Hp then Rest, Sleeptalk.

Mixed
    @Life Orb
    Ability: Justified
    Evs: 252 Spd/126 Atk/126/Sp.Atk/4HP
    Work Up
    Focus Blast/Close Combat
    Leaf Blade/Giga Drain/Energy Ball
    Swords Dance/Focus Blast/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Calm Mind/Filler move
    Mixed set as Virizon has O.K stats. This set is to stop walls which deal in a specific stat. You could also attempt to play mind games with opponent by using a boosting move of 1 stat then, when they have switched their wall in use a move of the opposite stat.

Credit to iPokemon^

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post
    Virizion Wireless
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Can You Hear Me Yet? No? Alright, I'm Working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Another pun: Very-easy-on battle
    Remember kids, sniffing glue might make you feel good but it can make your penis fall off!

@thomasjames1966 the only trouble with the rest talk set is that the one you said has a 1 in 4 chance of actually attacking.suggest you go focus blast and energy ball. Also, wold suggest bold or timid nature for the set.

More puns.
    Brutal bambi
    No I deer (rest talk set)

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    @thomasjames1966 the only trouble with the rest talk set is that the one you said has a 1 in 4 chance of actually attacking.suggest you go focus blast and energy ball. Also, wold suggest bold or timid nature for the set.

More puns.
    Brutal bambi
    No I deer (rest talk set)
    Giga drain is ALWAYS better than energy ball 5 points difference but recovery? yes please..

anyway most rest talk sets use 1 attacking but I don't think a grass move should be the attacking move due to bad coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Giga drain is ALWAYS better than energy ball 5 points difference but recovery? yes please..

anyway most rest talk sets use 1 attacking but I don't think a grass move should be the attacking move due to bad coverage.
    Bad coverage? I would say so only if it actually had to stay in on a Flying, Fire, Bug, Poison, and/or Steel Type, but (for the most part) Grass has near-identical coverage to Water and Viriz' has other Moves to handle those Types.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Bad coverage? I would say so only if it actually had to stay in on a Flying, Fire, Bug, Poison, and/or Steel Type, but (for the most part) Grass has near-identical coverage to Water and Viriz' has other Moves to handle those Types.
    lets see. grass is walled by sap sipper, fighting is stopped by ghosts, so you are then looking at stone edge or zen headbut on the rest talk sets. or just have others to counter those weaknesses- terrakion. what about a rest talk+justified abuse-room for 2 attacking moves, as the boosts are already done. So i would suggest stone edge and close combat/sacred sword. Oh, and the only reason I mentioned energy ball is that you have already got a recovery move.

lets see. grass is walled by sap sipper, fighting is stopped by ghosts, so you are then looking at stone edge or zen headbut on the rest talk sets. or just have others to counter those weaknesses- terrakion. what about a rest talk+justified abuse-room for 2 attacking moves, as the boosts are already done. So i would suggest stone edge and close combat/sacred sword. Oh, and the only reason I mentioned energy ball is that you have already got a recovery move.
    LOL, there isn't a pokemon who is ghost with Sap Sipper yet. Also when you mentioned room, did you mean trick room?

BH is probably going to do another "My dear Watson" pun but kind of like "(insert word)My Deer Watson".

LOL, there isn't a pokemon who is ghost with Sap Sipper yet. Also when you mentioned room, did you mean trick room?

BH is probably going to do another "My dear Watson" pun but kind of like "(insert word)My Deer Watson".
    no- I meant that you wouldn't need a boosting move as you have the justified abuse, so you would have room for an extra attacking move. also, wasn't suggesting that there is a ghost type with sap sipper, though it may come in gen VI. for your pun, a great (insert word) would be: Elementree (as virizion is part grass type)

Hehehe, I lol'd.

no- I meant that you wouldn't need a boosting move as you have the justified abuse, so you would have room for an extra attacking move. also, wasn't suggesting that there is a ghost type with sap sipper, though it may come in gen VI. for your pun, a great (insert word) would be: Elementree (as virizion is part grass type)
    Oh OK, but switching in a Dark move is good if you have physical moves but otherwise its useless.

Virizion plan starting at TREEhundred dollars XD

Virizion is my favorite between it's trio (Or Quatro).... Just by it looks and it's grass typing. But these assets aren't what makes virizion good. What does make it good is a 129 Sp DEF stat that blocks every special attack aimed at it with ease even if they were super effective. Virizion is made to support, but having equal offenses and a very good speed, allows this pokemon to be the most versatile pokemon of it's trio. It can go physical, special, mixed, wall, tank, and even a support. This particularity is further enhanced by a marvelous moovepool, a good offensive type, decent coverage otions, access to dual screens (that coba and terra don't have access to), access to recovery options and access to some of the best boosting moves in swords dance and calm mind (and work up).

Speaking of it's type, Grass/Fighting is almost unique shared only by breloom who works differently. Offensively, Fighting offers a great offensive type hitting steels super effectively (Steel walls every grass type in existance barring virizion, Breloom and torterra, excluding a random hidden power fire or ground) and nice resistance to rock types, while grass gives it useful resistances to key types like electric, water, and ground and a nice coverage on water and ground types that fight fails to hit effectively. On the downside, like all grass types, it has a load of weaknesses notably a 4x weakness to flying types which also hit it on it's weaker defense stat! It's huge Special defense stat means that it can take some weak fire types (not boosted by the sun), ice type and psychic type attacks.

Like the others deers, Virizion also has justified as an ability and can take full advantage of it like the other deers due to a resistance to dark type attacks!

Virizion is just perfect! Perfect moovepool, nice stats, nice coverage, great look and perfect overall bulk. My favorite way to take advantage of virizion is to use it under reflect, set this up (with virizion if you want) and watch virizion sponge everything special as well as physical hits with it's decent HP while throwing strong attacks from both attacking sides.
    You can use these moves: Close combat Or Sacred swords, Giga drain and a filler with stone edge or X-scissor.
    Leaf blade is good if you want all physical but giga drain is good for some needed recovery!
    If you have a double screener in your team you can put in the first moveslot a boosting move or a support option notably Roar to shuffle the opponents team and racking hazard damage and taunt to shut down other support pokemon!

This great looking pokemon does not sacrifice looks for brains... It have them both!
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 25th June 2012 at 9:24 PM.

Physical-only
    Impish w/ 252 Defense, 124 HP, 128 Attack, 6 Sp Defense OR
    Adamant w/ 168 Speed, 168 HP, 168 Attack, 6 Sp Defense
    Coba Berry/Muscle Band/Life Orb/Scope Lens
    Scared Sword
    Leaf Blade
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace/X-scissor/Swords Dance/Work Up

Other move ideas
    Giga Drain & Big Root
    Zen Headbutt (B2/W2 Tutor Move) [against Poison-types]
    Focus Blast/Energy Ball

Parners
    Reflect-users
    Sunny Day-users if Synthesis (B2/W2 Tutor Move) is added
    Beat Up-users

Countering
    Physical Flying-type moves, like Acrobatics are the key; espically in Triple Battles. The best examples include Aerodactyl, Crobat, Swellow, and Salamence.
    Cross Poison/Poison Fang Drapion
    Poison Jab Skuntank
    Aerial Ace/Acrobatics Infernape
    Acrobatics Gliscor
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 26th June 2012 at 8:54 AM. Reason: Additions from recent reply
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Physical-only
    Lax w/ 252 Defense, 124 HP, 128 Attack, 6 Sp Defense OR
    Gentle w/ 168 Speed, 168 HP, 168 Attack, 6 Sp Defense
    Coba Berry/Muscle Band/Life Orb/Scope Lens
    Scared Sword/Close Combat
    Leaf Blade
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace

Other move ideas
    Giga Drain & Big Root
    Swords Dance/Work Up
    X-scissor/Zen Headbutt (B2/W2 Tutor Move) [against Poison-types]
    Focus Blast/Energy Ball

Parners
    Reflect-users
    Sunny Day-users if Synthesis (B2/W2 Tutor Move) is added
    Beat Up-users

Countering
    Physical Flying-type moves, like Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, Drill Peck, and Acrobatics are the key; espically in Triple Battles. The best examples include Aerodactyl, Crobat, Swellow, Ninjask, Salamence, and Staraptor.
    First, you don't want to lower defences as you can use them for bulk. Second, suggest using adamant, carefull, impish, or jolly nature on a physical set. Third, aerial ace is for breloom, virizion and herracross, so you may want x scissor to counter psychic types. Out of all the counters you have suggested, only a few work : if both pokemon have max speed evs and speed nature, staraptor is destroyed by stone edge, salamance can survive a intimidated stone edge, but needs to be careful of hp ice. The others work, but ninjask may need a stronger move to use. Try archeops, as a acrobatics from that will halt a virizon.

First, you don't want to lower defences as you can use them for bulk. Second, suggest using adamant, carefull, impish, or jolly nature on a physical set. Third, aerial ace is for breloom, virizion and herracross, so you may want x scissor to counter psychic types. Out of all the counters you have suggested, only a few work : if both pokemon have max speed evs and speed nature, staraptor is destroyed by stone edge, salamance can survive a intimidated stone edge, but needs to be careful of hp ice. The others work, but ninjask may need a stronger move to use. Try archeops, as a acrobatics from that will halt a virizon.
    Aerial Ace is a no-miss move. The biggest reason I list those pokemon because its speed is high enough to make the first move without Trick Room. I didn't Archeops because its ability is the problem. It's also a real problem to get a Flying-type move on a pokemon that doesn't get taken down by Stone Edge; as well as Scared Sword and Leaf Blade. Either way, tt's going to be tough in a Triple Battle. I also made some additions.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 26th June 2012 at 8:44 AM.
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.

Aerial Ace is a no-miss move. The biggest reason I list those pokemon because its speed is high enough to make the first move without Trick Room. I didn't Archeops because its ability is the problem. It's also a real problem to get a Flying-type move on a pokemon that doesn't get taken down by Stone Edge; as well as Scared Sword and Leaf Blade. Either way, tt's going to be tough in a Triple Battle. I also made some additions.
    I see the additions. one way I have found to be good at countering virizion is meinshao+acrobatics and flying gem. infernape has fire moves and acrobatics and dragonite can destroy it.

aerial ace is a 60 BP attack even when *2 a neutral leaf blade or close combat are stronger..
    Trick Room... stop mentioning it please..
    archeops is a good counter- outspeeds and have a *4 STAB move against virizion... anyway your EV are also wrong.. I don't think it helps blue harvest.

sacred sword... isn't viable close combat is always superior in physical sets.. band if using calm mind the use focus miss..

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Sorry, should've elaborated. Grass doesn't have bad coverage in general, but Rest-Talk is another story with dual-STAB Viriz', as you've shown here.

WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Sorry, should've elaborated. Grass doesn't have bad coverage in general, but Rest-Talk is another story with dual-STAB Viriz', as you've shown here.
    Grass does have bad coverage in OU it is full of steel and dragon types, grass is resisted by lots of types steel,flying,bug,poison,dragon,fire... good coverage huh?

Its a good thing Virizion has a Fighting STAB or else it is an inferior Cobalion.

@Philzone Sorry but Mienshao is still outsped by Virizion and most Mienshao don't run Flying Gem+Acrobatics plus that is outclassed by Tornadus, a better counter with better speed and STAB flying.

Prediction for next week: Kyurem.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 26th June 2012 at 4:09 PM.

Grass does have bad coverage in OU it is full of steel and dragon types, grass is resisted by lots of types steel,flying,bug,poison,dragon,fire... good coverage huh?
    True... But most of grass types won't stay in to a Fire, Flying, Poison or Bug types cz they kill grass types easily. Steel has a load of resistances anyway. But still, Grass is a very bad attacking type but does get a super effective hit on Water, Rock and ground which are a common type offensively! (BTW Grass also is resisted by other Grass... You forgot to mention that!).
    When someone uses an offensive grass type is to counter water, rock and ground types which is not bad at all!

Predictions for puns:

Virizion Wireless
    En Gaurde my Deer Watson
    Virizion plan starting at TREEhundred dollars.
    Deer not, I will bring justice
    Deer Devil
    Deering the end of the Musketeer Quartet puns.

Trick Room... stop mentioning it please..
    archeops is a good counter- outspeeds and have a *4 STAB move against virizion... anyway your EV are also wrong. I don't think it helps blue harvest.

sacred sword... isn't viable close combat is always superior in physical sets.. band if using calm mind the use focus miss..
    There are very few pokemon where the base speed is at least 100. Evs are not my thing and the Defense is the only stat that is not at least 90. Close Combat may be a good move, but its defenses gets lowered. Sacred Sword is a strong, rare move that is unaffected by target's stats.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 27th June 2012 at 9:43 AM.

There are very few pokemon where the base speed is at least 100. Evs are not my thing and the Defense is the only stat that is not at least 90. Close Combat may be a good move, but its defenses gets lowered. Sacred Sword is a strong, rare move that is unaffected by target's stats.
    So let's put kyurem it's signature moves cause they are rare... really? no..
    close combat is so much better in offense maybe it lower defenses but if you don't kill and take a hit it is worse than lowering defenses..

if you don't know what EVs do ,why you post them? read some guides or play PO.. there are lots of pokemon over base 100......... we are talking about OU not NU...

yeah forgot that... grass resists grass well my point is grass is resisted by 7 types out of the total 17 types and now add sap sipper to the mix.
    so sleep talk isn't too good due to bad coverage..
    Last edited by Ilan; 27th June 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Close Combat lowering both defenses is the least of Virizion's worries with a quad-Weakness to Flying Type and the availability of Physical Moves of that particular Type...

Its not like Virizion is going to sweep an entire team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast