Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #78

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Its not like Virizion is going to sweep an entire team.
    if you let it set up it can surely sweep a team
    it is fast and have decent offenses...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    if you let it set up it can surely sweep a team
    it is fast and have decent offenses...
    True, but with Tornadus and Tornadus-T around, its going to need some help, but yeah this thing is great at checking Rain.

True, but with Tornadus and Tornadus-T around, its going to need some help, but yeah this thing is great at checking Rain.
    Other than the fact that tornadus is on most rain teams

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Other than the fact that tornadus is on most rain teams
    Even then, you'd have to have some kind of Physical Flying-Type Move on Tornadus to effectively handle Virizion. It has access to Stone Edge to handle Flying Types, despite Tornadus's Speed advantage, so you cannot guarantee Torna' will do its job unless Viriz' is switching into it...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Ever since BW2 came out, the POTW hasn't got much love lately

Still, Virizion is a very unpredictable sweeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Even then, you'd have to have some kind of Physical Flying-Type Move on Tornadus to effectively handle Virizion. It has access to Stone Edge to handle Flying Types, despite Tornadus's Speed advantage, so you cannot guarantee Torna' will do its job unless Viriz' is switching into it...
    Dude...you have no idea...it doesn't take much for a 4x multiplier to start making numbers look big...even more so when you start with big numbers...consider it for a moment...tornadus's sp.att is base 125 and hurricane is a base 120 power attack...now tack on a 4x multiplier to that...considering that tornadus usually invests alot of ev's into sp.att, and virizion doesn't usually invest in it's sp.def, it is a pretty lethal end result

Maybe virizion is fighting the so much more popular therian forme. That's like a 20 point difference. But virizion is still dead.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Just wondering about what happens now. Does Blue Harvest continue the POTW, or does TrollFreak, Jesusfreak94, or someone else take over? Just a question.

Also, Virizion only really has three good sets, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, and Work Up, and even the last one is shaky. Swords Dance should run SD/CC/SE/Leaf Blast, Clam Mind should be CM/Giga Drain/HP Ice/Focus Blast, Work Up would be Work Up/CC/HP Ice/Giga Drain. Virizion can't really run an effective choice set, or offence set, due to its rather shallow movepool, and underwhelming attacking stats. It has good speed and sp.def, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    Just wondering about what happens now. Does Blue Harvest continue the POTW, or does TrollFreak, Jesusfreak94, or someone else take over? Just a question.
    From what I heard, BH is probably doing this one since TrollFreak had to go somewhere.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Close Combat lowering both defenses is the least of Virizion's worries with a quad-Weakness to Flying Type and the availability of Physical Moves of that particular Type...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    So let's put kyurem it's signature moves cause they are rare... really? no..
    close combat is so much better in offense maybe it lower defenses but if you don't kill and take a hit it is worse than lowering defenses..

if you don't know what EVs do ,why you post them? read some guides or play PO.. there are lots of pokemon over base 100......... we are talking about OU not NU...

yeah forgot that... grass resists grass well my point is grass is resisted by 7 types out of the total 17 types and now add sap sipper to the mix.
    so sleep talk isn't too good due to bad coverage..
    Don't get me wrong, Close Combat is a move I would use on some pokemon.
    As for the EVs, I had a history of complants about NOT putting EVs on my movesets.
    Alot of the pokemon with a base speed at least 100, have low defense.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 29th June 2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Close Combat is a move I would use on some pokemon.
    As for the EVs, I had a history of complants about NOT putting EVs on my movesets.
    Alot of the pokemon with a base speed at least 100, have low defense.
    Evs are part of the moveset if you don't put those then it is useless I sent to you the most common EVs spreads I hope you will use those instead of the random EVs.

it is true lots of speedy pokemon have weak defense then why to worry about it? offense doesn't always need to include defense.. in virizion cae you shouldn't inverst in defenses his speed is good his defense is lackluster but his sp.defense is great.

the defense drops are ignorable when choosing an offense route if you use a weaker move then you have more chance to not KO and being countered than losing of weak defenses...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

-I have no ideer.
    -to kick start your day- StarBucks
    -buck up son
    -"Elementary, My Deer Watson" (was mentioned)
    Last edited by Takeo; 29th June 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Now I'm thinking BH will use my Virizion Wireless and En Gaurde my Deer Watson for puns, like when she used Coba Fett (thank you B)).

Another possible counter is Slowmoongus, since Amoongus can use Rage Powder while Slowking is able to set up calm minds and kill the deer. Plus both got Regenerator. Looks risky but this combo has been rising up in places like PO( I think that was it).

Crobat is an counter because of the 4x resistance to fighting and grass but then there's stone edge...
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Victini is in this ball and it will V-Create you

Name: Victini
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    Thanks to silverysoul for the victini ball

Will latios go uber because soul dew is in b/w2??????

Virizion's puns (I mentioned those before):

Greenpeace's Sword of Justice
    Verizon's Sword of Justice
    A true Musketeer always wields swords! (A swords set including Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor and Swords Dance)
    Choose your sword wisely! (Choice set)
    The Greenpeace Musketeer (Special set)
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Great, is everything on POTW about puns of pokemon? Still, its nice to see creative puns. Overall, Virizion has it all: stats, moves, recovery.

Great, is everything on POTW about puns of pokemon? Still, its nice to see creative puns. Overall, Virizion has it all: stats, moves, recovery.
    I only started posting them because bh would come on xat late and drunk rushing the potw at the last minute and she would ask for puns, thus giving her puns, most of which have been spread to the other ones as well.
    Last edited by Takeo; 30th June 2012 at 8:47 AM.

Other options

Work up, and it's better than its friends at mixed and special sets. It's also a great way to utilize its fighting moves, as we all know about Focus 'miss'.
    Zen headbutt handle Poison types that come by. Though we did argue about Psychic type moves with Gallade, the one poke mentioned in the argument, T-tar, is not going to come in to a Grass and Fighting type. Really. Trying it now. Does great.
    Restalk, and work up makes you totally unpredictable, while Calm mind and Swords Dance are better boosting moves.
    DS Aka Dual screens is another great option... Sure, it gets Giga drain.
    Synthesis... Nah, even I wouldn't run that while the 'World War of Weather' is out there.
    Superpower, is a laugh. Don't try it. Flashy now, but don't.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

my puns...

please leave a message after the beep (ya know, verizon phone)

breloom called, he wants his set back

your estimated wait time is 15 minutes (for a stall set)

Ewww, i hate veggies (grass type moves)

insert rotom pun here (i know this pun is for a rotom set but come on)

And that's all my puns. Hope they were punny!

*cricket sound*

tough crowd
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    I still do the POTW. Trollfreak usually does Doubles / Triples.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123