Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes Battle Catalog

Default Best Wishes Battle Catalog

Well iirc someone made one of these early last year but it died, so here we go again!

The idea of this thread is to list all of the wins, losses and draws of the main casts' Pokemon throughout the Best Wishes series (including season two). There's been a lot of "who got wins where" talk, so I think it'll help a little to have some sort of database like this (even if it does die :u).

What counts as a battle:

- VS a wild Pokemon (a la Scraggy vs Mandibuzz)
    - Official trainer battle (Ash vs a rival or other trainer, Gym battle etc.)
    - Weakening a Pokemon enough to capture it (Pidvoe vs Snivy etc.)
    - Training battles (e.g. Axew vs Scraggy) - these battles happen more often nowadays (with Swadloon even evolving during one), even if they go unresolved, so they'll be included here.

What doesn't count as a battle:

- VS Team Rocket - these battles (used to) happen nearly every episode, and practically every Pokemon has had a go at Jessie, James and Meowth. For the purpose of this thread, they will not be counted.

This thread will only deal with the main casts' Pokemon. Team Rocket are pointless because they've never won a battle.

It will be divided up by character, and then by the Pokemon said character has obtained. If a Pokemon has evolved, it will list their battles before and after they evolved.

Spoiler:- Ash:

Spoiler:- Iris:

Spoiler:- Cilan:

~

Spoiler:- Bianca:

Spoiler:- Trip:

Spoiler:- Burgundy:

Spoiler:- Georgia:

Spoiler:- Stephan:

Spoiler:- Kotetsu:

Spoiler:- Virgil:

~

Spoiler:- Dawn:

Thanks to An00bis for the battles stats.
    (*note: stats are not counting unresolved battles in the total battles fought as there was no clear outcome).

If you notice any mistakes, or have anything that needs to be added, just post and I'll edit it.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 9th March 2013 at 12:38 PM.

That person would be me, although I only recorded Ash's battles.

Anyway it's nice to see it brought back up again.

I've noticed a mistake, Oshawott's win against Pansage isn't highlighted in green, also you've missed out Oshawotts battle and loss against Darmanitan in BW051.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 25th June 2012 at 1:27 PM.

nice to see a thread like this again. could you count stunfisk vs tornadus & thundurus in the Kami trio 2 parter?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    That person would be me, although I only recorded Ash's battles.

Anyway it's nice to see it brought back up again.

I've noticed a mistake, Oshawott's win against Pansage isn't highlighted in green, also you've missed out Oshawotts battle and loss against Darmanitan in BW051.
    Ah, thanks! Fixed those two.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    nice to see a thread like this again. could you count stunfisk vs tornadus & thundurus in the Kami trio 2 parter?
    Yup, added Stunfisk's battle, along with the other Pokemon who battled against them.

If you see any more mistakes, be sure to tell me.

Shouldn't Pikachu's wins and Krokorok's losses against each other be labeled as "unresolved"(Aside from their last battle), as Krokorok being sent blasting off doesn't seem fair to count as a loss when it would have still been able to continue on. Additional, you didn't seem to put the win for Pikachu against Krokorok during the episode it was caught(Based on the ordering of the wins and losses).

Also, concerning Rinzo's Jellicent, shouldn't it at less be mentioned that Krokorok was able to handle the first one and the battle was basically going to be given to Ash until Rinzo just threw in the other Jellicent.

Krokorok also battled Byrcen's Vanillish which the battle was "unresolved" due to Krokorok being switched, not sure if you just aren't counting that or not though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quite a useful thread indeed, for all those Oshawott haters and Pignite lovers. lol I was surprised by Emolga, she's only won until now. Poor Stunfisk, should have gotten more wins -_-

Didn't we see part of an unresolved training battle between Stunfisk and Swadloon? Plus the unresolved training battle between Pikachu and Tepig in the bully episode. There's probably many more like this, but I can't be bothered to look.

Also, you're forgetting that the battles against Woobat and Yamask are more serious and by far fewer than in the past generations, they should be counted.

Edit: Triple battle vs Maractus..
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 25th June 2012 at 4:31 PM.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Also, you're forgetting the battles against TR's Woobat and Yamask..
    Read the OP.

Judging by the wins...Ash's best is Pikachu, Cilan's best is Crustle and Iris' best is Emolga.

Man looking at this really makes you realize how much more battling Iris/Cilan do nowdays.

Nice to see the writers not letting their pokemon rot away in their balls. I was fearing with the contests being gone we would go back to having Ash's travel companions hardly battling, but the writers seemed to make it work this time around.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 25th June 2012 at 6:38 PM.

This is just a thought, but could you also just make a quick note at the top of each spoilered section?

As in:

Spoiler:- Palpitoad:

Win: 3
    Ties: 0
    Loss: 3

VS Ash's Oshawott (loss)
    VS Burgundy's Stoutland (win)
    VS Dino's Darumaka (win)
    VS Elesa's Zebstika (win)
    VS Elesa's Emolga (loss)
    VS Roxie's Garbodor (loss)

It would make most of these a little more easier to read.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I personaly think you should add in the Movie battles that occur, which would be:

-Pikachu vs Serperior (Win)
    -Oshawott vs Emboar (Win)
    -Tepig vs Samurott (With Victini's power wins).
    -Scraggy vs Hydreigon (With Victini's power wins).

-Emolga vs Emboar (disaqualified).

-Pansage vs Hydreigon (Loss)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Shouldn't Pikachu's wins and Krokorok's losses against each other be labeled as "unresolved"(Aside from their last battle), as Krokorok being sent blasting off doesn't seem fair to count as a loss when it would have still been able to continue on. Additional, you didn't seem to put the win for Pikachu against Krokorok during the episode it was caught(Based on the ordering of the wins and losses).
    Well I always thought of them as losses and other people seemed to too, but if many people disagree I'll change it.

Also, concerning Rinzo's Jellicent, shouldn't it at less be mentioned that Krokorok was able to handle the first one and the battle was basically going to be given to Ash until Rinzo just threw in the other Jellicent.
    I'll make the battle against the first Jellicent and put it as unresolved and make that note then.

Krokorok also battled Byrcen's Vanillish which the battle was "unresolved" due to Krokorok being switched, not sure if you just aren't counting that or not though.
    Well I wasn't going to count switches, but I'll add them in then if you like.

I like how all of your concerns are about Krokorok btw :P

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Didn't we see part of an unresolved training battle between Stunfisk and Swadloon? Plus the unresolved training battle between Pikachu and Tepig in the bully episode. There's probably many more like this, but I can't be bothered to look.
    Yeah, there's quite a few of these unresolved battles in fillers that I'm adding, I just wanted to get the "main" ones covered first.

Also, you're forgetting that the battles against Woobat and Yamask are more serious and by far fewer than in the past generations, they should be counted.
    Well yeah, but they still always lose. Plus, it's mainly just Pikachu, Axew and Pansage that battle TR. I'll add them if you want, but I don't really see the point, honestly. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This is just a thought, but could you also just make a quick note at the top of each spoilered section?

As in:

Spoiler:- Palpitoad:

Win: 3
    Ties: 0
    Loss: 3

VS Ash's Oshawott (loss)
    VS Burgundy's Stoutland (win)
    VS Dino's Darumaka (win)
    VS Elesa's Zebstika (win)
    VS Elesa's Emolga (loss)
    VS Roxie's Garbodor (loss)

It would make most of these a little more easier to read.
    Sure.

I personaly think you should add in the Movie battles that occur, which would be:

Movies are generally counted as non-canon though, especially the Victini movie. I can add a 'movie wins' section though, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Man looking at this really makes you realize how much more battling Iris/Cilan do than past non-coordinator companions.

Nice to see the writers not letting their pokemon rot away in their balls like other characters. I was fearing with the contests being gone we would go back to having Ash's travel companions hardly battling, but the writers seemed to make it work this time around.
    Lol, you gotta love CyberCubed and unadulterated Misty hate post. XD

Emolga doesn't even battle that much, so I'm not counting her as Iris' best.

To me personally, some wild battles shouldn't be counted. The ones where 2 Darumaka's gangbanged Oshawott is one example. The ones that are important like the Sandile/Krokorok & the wild battles that result in a capture are the ones that should count. Also Pikachu's battle against Galvantula was so short that it shouldn't be be counted since Pidove, Snivy, Oshawott, & Tepig battle too.

Also shouldn't Oshawott be on top of Tepig/Pignite's list? You seem to have them all in the order they were caught except those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Man looking at this really makes you realize how much more battling Iris/Cilan do nowdays.

Nice to see the writers not letting their pokemon rot away in their balls. I was fearing with the contests being gone we would go back to having Ash's travel companions hardly battling, but the writers seemed to make it work this time around.
    And I could have sworn you said the same thing elsewhere.-_- We get it.
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 25th June 2012 at 7:27 PM.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Thanks for the good work

Thanks for making this!

I believe this should be stickied! xD

I'm so glad my little sister went out of her way to write this up for us; now I can link people to the receipts when they say Oshawott loses all his battles. I'm honestly surprised that he has more victories than Snivy. I also think it's funny that Pignite has an even amount of wins and losses. Overall, Ash's team doesn't look very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that he has more victories than Snivy.
    Then again, he gets more screentime than her too.

Just for fun I did battling strength.

Ash: 58 / 107 (54%)
    Iris: 8 / 15 (53%)
    Cilian: 12 / 19 (63%)

Anyone surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Then again, he gets more screentime than her too.
    Someone's just pressed because Oshawott is slaying the leaf snake.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just for fun I did battling strength.

Ash: 58 / 107 (54%)
    Iris: 8 / 15 (53%)
    Cilian: 12 / 19 (63%)

Anyone surprised?
    Can't say that I am. I've said it hundreds of times: Cilan's Pokemon win too often. I'm happy that Ash and Iris are basically tied, but it still hurts to see that Cilan is so far ahead.

Gym Leader FTW

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that he has more victories than Snivy.
    Kira, I tried fighting the urge to respond to your post. I really did.

Snivy only has 1 less win than Oshawott, and 3 losses less than Oshawott, on top of that the majority of her battles have been unresolved. From a battling perspective, she's doing much better than Oshawott.

WAIT.

Before you call me a stan for Snivy, both Ash's Oshawott and Snivy are my favourite of his starters, so I don't favour either of them more than the other. It's obvious that Oshawott has been losing an awful lot.

But they didn't actually happen Haunter .

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    But they didn't actually happen Haunter .
    D;

I class all movies as canon, it's down to opinion I suppose then.

Although I won't deny how incredibly frustrating it is that two different versions of Movie 14 exist. It was a nice idea, but definetly shouldn't have happened -.-

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast