Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes Battle Catalog

I don't understand why defending from wild pokemon counts as a win in a battle catalouge.
    Or even practice matches.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    But it's been proven multiple times in the past that the number of appearances a Pokemon has doesn not determine how strong that Pokemon is. Pokemon that have very few apperances have put on some very impressive performances in the past.
    Ya but they seem forced.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya but they seem forced.
    Why?

Was Torkoal almost able to beat a legendary boost forced? or Squirtle I cant beat crap but I'm going to beat some strong pokemon in the Johot league and in the battle Pyramid seem forced?

P.S. I'm going to guess you will say yes.

It's astounding how the same torkoal who almost beat registeel, I say almost because it took visible damage then gets taken out in one hit by darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's astounding how the same torkoal who almost beat registeel, I say almost because it took visible damage then gets taken out in one hit by darkrai.
    Poor Torkoal. Hoenn really did a good job showing off Ash's Pokemon. And then there was Torkoal who only got 1 win at the League and then returned in DP and got knocked out in one hit by Darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Poor Torkoal. Hoenn really did a good job showing off Ash's Pokemon. And then there was Torkoal who only got 1 win at the League and then returned in DP and got knocked out in one hit by Darkrai.
    Considering how much torkoal blows as a pokemon I thought the writers were very realistic with its power. The one I had problems with was corphish as that little crab was ridiculously strong for a corphish which begs the question of why Ash's pokemon need so much extra experience and power to levelup compared to the average.

Thats why powerlevels are nothing in the anime, with they are basicly telling us that Darkrai could sweep all of the pyramid Regis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why?

Was Torkoal almost able to beat a legendary boost forced? or Squirtle I cant beat crap but I'm going to beat some strong pokemon in the Johot league and in the battle Pyramid seem forced?

P.S. I'm going to guess you will say yes.
    Nope, cuz they were actually training off screen . His Unova Pokemon just come back evolve and then disappear lol, badly males it believable.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Nope, cuz they were actually training off screen . His Unova Pokemon just come back evolve and then disappear lol, badly males it believable.
    Oh so thats another dumb "this only applies to Isshu" argument?

Oh so thats another dumb "this only applies to Isshu" argument?
    You don't get it. Those battles you mentioned, those pokemon weren't on his main team anymore, they were gone where they can train and ****(like Charizard).

Unova is different because Ash is still there. His pokemon are part of this team still so when they appear again and start defeating things left and it it seems forced.

You don't get it. Those battles you mentioned, those pokemon weren't on his main team anymore, they were gone where they can train and ****(like Charizard).

Unova is different because Ash is still there. His pokemon are part of this team still so when they appear again and start defeating things left and it it seems forced.
    No it doesn't he trains them all.

Palpitoad was pretty friendly with him the first time he used him, do you think that was the first time he talked to Palpitoad after its capture?

Palpitoad was pretty friendly with him the first time he used him, do you think that was the first time he talked to Palpitoad after its capture?
    No, there was time between episodes and despite three moves, It wasn't like they were not in sync

Robert is trying to find anything to make Pikachu and his Unova team bad but it's not working. Oh and Ash too.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    It really is sad how little some pokemon have been used. That's the downside of a faster paced series
    There were episodes when using them could have been done instead of school kid fillers. Just add one of Ash's unused pokemon in there and then you've got yourself a show.

My ideal battle ever!

Yes but when we don't see it at all except for like one or two trainer matches it does. I really could care less about off screen because we don't see it.

How would you like it if Ash randomly showed up next episode with a Serperior and an Emboar and say I trained off screen. It's the same deal. If the writers don't show training on screen, sooner or later they aren't even gonna bother showing evolution's on screen.

Thats why powerlevels are nothing in the anime, with they are basicly telling us that Darkrai could sweep all of the pyramid Regis.
    Power levels are nothing in pokemon in general. just like water>fire, fire>grass, doesn't mean water>grass but the complete opposite.

Besides, Darkrai had Dark Pulse, Ice Beam and Dream Eater as damaging moves, none of them are effective against Registeel, while DE was effective against Heracross and DP did neutral damage to Torkoal and Gible.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Yes but when we don't see it at all except for like one or two trainer matches it does. I really could care less about off screen because we don't see it.

How would you like it if Ash randomly showed up next episode with a Serperior and an Emboar and say I trained off screen. It's the same deal. If the writers don't show training on screen, sooner or later they aren't even gonna bother showing evolution's on screen.
    That would b awesome lol XD

That would b awesome lol XD
    It would but the forums would erupt into hate filled rants about how Ash was handed pokemon just to make him look competent at the league blah blah blah DEM blah.

It would but the forums would erupt into hate filled rants about how Ash was handed pokemon just to make him look competent at the league blah blah blah DEM blah.
    And I would respond with one word.

Dragonite.

And I would respond with one word.

Dragonite.
    Meh, at least he was given some episodes lol.

And again remember the Dragonite hate??

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Power levels are nothing in pokemon in general. just like water>fire, fire>grass, doesn't mean water>grass but the complete opposite.

Besides, Darkrai had Dark Pulse, Ice Beam and Dream Eater as damaging moves, none of them are effective against Registeel, while DE was effective against Heracross and DP did neutral damage to Torkoal and Gible.
    Yes thats what I said, I'm being sarcastic on the second part, telling people that it doesn't mean anything.

Thats retarded and not even comparable to the Palpitoad situation, youre not making any case here just making a stupid argument if you ask me.

Yes thats what I said, I'm being sarcastic on the second part, telling people that it doesn't mean anything.

Thats retarded and not even comparable to the Palpitoad situation, youre not making any case here just making a stupid argument if you ask me.
    I wasn't even talking about the Palpitoad situation. I 'm talking about pokemon who never battled and then come back and evolve. I mean at least Sewaddle and Tranquil got the one win before evolving but like Roggenrola who only ever battled Tepig and Mijumaru, came back just to evolve and win. Now you can claim that he was trained off screen but if we don't see it, how do we know?? This is what I'm saying.

Pretty soon the writers really aren't even gonna bother with showing evo's on screen. I mean they could just say he trained off screen and it would be okay according to you.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I don't understand why defending from wild pokemon counts as a win in a battle catalouge.
    Or even practice matches.
    It's quite simple really. If a Pokemon defeats another Pokemon in battle, it counts as a win. There's no secret formula here; Valoo's just using common sense. The only people who seem to have a problem with the way victories are being counted are the people who are upset with Oshawott and Emolga's high win ratio. And I understand why they would be upset; here are two small Pokemon that are considered "weak," yet they've still managed to win their share of battles as opposed to some of the bigger Pokemon who have lost more than they've won. It's hard to criticize a Pokemon that has a good battle record, which is why Oshawott and Emolga's achievements are being belittled.

Are we counting Axew, Excadrill, Emolga, and Dragonite Vs. Hydreigon?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I wasn't even talking about the Palpitoad situation. I 'm talking about pokemon who never battled and then come back and evolve. I mean at least Sewaddle and Tranquil got the one win before evolving but like Roggenrola who only ever battled Tepig and Mijumaru, came back just to evolve and win. Now you can claim that he was trained off screen but if we don't see it, how do we know?? This is what I'm saying.

Pretty soon the writers really aren't even gonna bother with showing evo's on screen. I mean they could just say he trained off screen and it would be okay according to you.
    Again you have to be dumb not to autmotically understand that they get trained off-screen, not calling you dumb, just saying that its obvious and unless someone is dumb its hard not to understand it.

You are talking about pokemon showing evolved, thats completelly diferent then evolving offscreen, if it was a situation of an old pokemon like I said with Totodile in the next pokemon thread a whilea go sure but they would never evolve a current team pokemon off-screen.

Again you have to be dumb not to autmotically understand that they get trained off-screen, not calling you dumb, just saying that its obvious and unless someone is dumb its hard not to understand it.

You are talking about pokemon showing evolved, thats completelly diferent then evolving offscreen, if it was a situation of an old pokemon like I said with Totodile in the next pokemon thread a whilea go sure but they would never evolve a current team pokemon off-screen.
    That's the problem -_-. The fact that none of them really do anything on screen. This is what I'm saying all this time.

You say that but can you guarantee it?? I mean we all thought the Kingler thing would never happen again yet Palpitoad wasn't shown for 30 episodes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast